FM15: Arsenal FC

JEinchy

Got some big plans for 2nd season going to try and get Sterling and Sturridge from pool If I can get an offer accepted for Sturridge I shouldn't have much trouble convincing him to join- he an arsenal fan(according to the game at least) and has Danny Welbeck on his favoured personnel as a friend

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't know how I am still top :D

3f1fbc5c4298aacd0eb5519c49017229.png

Everyone else in the league is drawing as much as me!

Also, both of those draws in Champions League meant I finished 3rd in the group :o

Also, just realised I am not out of the Champions League :o there is one game left! I'd need results to very much go my way though :(

1906132f533d54d37b668fe88308dae2.png

Salzburg need to beat Leverkusen, and us to beat CSKA.

@Ty: Looks like you've come the closest to replicating the current real life Arsenal with all those draws.

--------------------------------------

Quick update from me. Just got into January. Going well in the league:

LeagueTableJan2016_zpsf01bc832.png

4-4-2 seems to be working well at the moment. Alexis has really benefited from playing up front:

PlayerStatsJan2016_zps3ab840ac.png

wow your defence looks good

Yeah, we just haven't been able to put the ball in the net. Just smashed Sunderland 6-1, so hoping that is the start of things to come after a couple weeks attacking training.

@Ty: Looks like you've come the closest to replicating the current real life Arsenal with all those draws.

Things have picked up! As I said above, won 6-1 and beat United 2-1... and beat CSKA (Salzburg won), so I am actually through to knockout stages remarkably, after 2 losses and 2 draws in group :D

January 2019 update

No 4th Capital One Cup in a row for us, gave youth a go and they did very well until they came up against Man Utd who smashed them 3-0 :(

FA Cup see's us being drawn against Man Utd in the 6th round, and we face Ajax in the first KO round of the Champions League :)

League is a lot closer so far, due to me beating Chelsea on the opening day of the season and sending them on a bad run of form :D Currently second with Liverpool top by 1 point, City and Utd joint third and only 3 points behind, with Chelsea in fifth on 47!

Transfers in:

Dwayne Parris - 11.75m - Southampton - English regen

no transfers out :)

--------------------------------------

Quick update from me. Just got into January. Going well in the league:

LeagueTableJan2016_zpsf01bc832.png

4-4-2 seems to be working well at the moment. Alexis has really benefited from playing up front:

PlayerStatsJan2016_zps3ab840ac.png

How do you play Alexis does well for you i find his form decent for me

Arsenal-UpdateCrest_zpsfd318a82.png

Having started my Arsenal save when the game was released, I've progressed fairly well. I'm at the latter stages of October having negotiated numerous challenges in league, cup and continental competitions. Here's how my season's gone so far...

PRE-SEASON

To begin, I should state that I disable first transfer window budgets to add another level of realism. Clubs, including myself, would have to manage the first half of the season with the squads that they decided to go in with. Secondly, I should also add that I implemented Olivier Giroud's injury which he picked up during the real-life season versus Everton.

Arsenal-pre-seasonresults_zps8426beb3.png

All-in-all, a very productive pre-season. It enabled us to familiarise ourselves with two different tactics, familiarise ourselves to new teammates and to establish a base fitness for the forthcoming season. There were quite a few standout performers, notably Kieran Gibbs, Danny Welbeck and Héctor Bellerín. One aspect of pre-season which encouraged me most was the ease in which youth players - Bellerín, Akpom, Hayden, Zelalem and the impressive Maitland-Niles - all performed with great composure and maturity, which bodes well for their inclusion in the future.

One downfall, though, was the injury Alexis Sánchez picked up in the first game of pre-season, straight after coming on as a substitute to score twice: a small knee cartilage tear. It meant that he missed the entirety of pre-season and posed a few problems playing him during the actual season.

Arsenal4-2-3-1_zpsabd74a0b.pngArsenal4-1-4-1_zpsfcc100c2.png

4-2-3-1: Retain possession; Work ball into box; Play out of defence; Roam from positions

4-1-4-1, primarily used for seeing out games: Retain possession; Pass shorter; Work ball into box; Play out of defence; Roam from positions; Much lower tempo

FA COMMUNITY SHIELD

Manchester City - 3 (Agüero '19, Yaya Touré '48, Nastasić '72)

Arsenal - 2 (Welbeck '3, '46)

Our problem in this particular match was that we couldn't substantiate a lead. Two debut goals for Danny - the first a good near-post header from a Mesut Özil cross; the second a composed finish having touched down Oxlade-Chamberlain's whipped ball in - were ruled out, practically, instantaneously by both Agüero and the enigmatic Yaya Touré. Thereafter, we didn't really create much and eventually lost the lead to a near-post set-piece header from Matija Nastasić.

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

Arsenal-LeagueresultsOctober28th_zpsbcedfd42.png

An excellent start to the league campaign, looking at this objectively. A loss away to Leicester the only blip, I'm very pleased with our overall performance in the league, with the wins over Manchester United and a struggling, yet potent, Liverpool standing out. A point away to Chelsea - thanks to Santi Cazorla gliding in at the far-post for a tap-in - may prove important come May. Another performance which showed great personality was our 2-1 away win at St. James' Park, Newcastle. Alexis Sánchez

provided a deserved lead; Flamini's back-post header from a Cazorla cross consolidated it, but it was the defensive performance late on, following the home side's goal, which showcased fantastic character and determination.

With a tough run of early season fixtures negotiated well, we have a few games now from which we can continue to gain momentum and substantiate our well-earned position in the Premier League table:-

Arsenal-LeagueTableOctober28th2014_zpsc9cc49d4.png

As of October 28th, 2014

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

UCL-ThirdQualifyingRound14-15_zps3030396b.png

A surprisingly routine progression into the group stage. Two excellent performances away from home and at the Emirates. I particularly enjoyed Héctor Bellerín's goal, after coming on to help Mathieu Debuchy on the right-hand side, which saw the talented Spaniard dribble passed two, get into the box and smash one into the roof of the net. A fine first Arsenal goal for Héctor!

UCL-GroupStageNovember1st14-15_zps96f269cb.png

UCL-GroupTableNovember1st14-15_zps3bde3d44.png

Quite the topsy-turvy UEFA Champions League campaign so far. CSKA Moscow have been the real surprise, topping the table having lost just once; they beat Sporting CP by seven goals to nil on matchday one. I'm confident of progression into the last sixteen, despite having to rely on CSKA dropping points at some point. Mesut Özil has been, by some way, our best performer - scoring goals, making assists and controlling games fantastically well.

CAPITAL ONE CUP

Third Round

Chelsea - 2 (Ivanović '35, Mikel Obi '90+2)

Arsenal - 1 (Alexis pen' '45+3)

Our second visit to Stamford Bridge this season didn't end so well, sadly, but our younger players performer valiantly. A largely second-string side fell first to a well-struck Branislav Ivanović - the second goal from a Serbian defender we've conceded this season - but regained focus swiftly to draw level at half-time, through Alexis Sánchez's penalty, after Héctor Bellerín was fouled in the box. It took a wonderful goal from John Mikel Obi, in injury time, to clinch Chelsea's win. I'm not that disappointed - crucially, neither are the board.

TRANSFER PLANS

There are two well-known weak points in Arsenal's squad: defensive midfield and centre-back. Needless to say, I've already begun taking steps in order to strengthen my squad in said areas. The board have given me £35 million to spend in January. Firstly, I should inform you that Francis Coquelin will join Stade Rennais in January for £2.2 million; Serge Gnabry has also joined Norwich City on loan until the end of November, to aid with his rehabilitation from a knee injury.

Centre-back: I deem this the position in most urgent need of reinforcement. So far, I've yet to decide whether I would be best served signing a long-term centre-back to replace Laurent Koscielny or to sign an older, more experienced centre-back who would immediately bring more to my squad. Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Benedikt Höwedes - of Borussia Dortmund and FC Schalke respectively - both feature high on my list, as do Aymeric Laporte (Athletic Bilbao), Samuel Umtiti (Olympique Lyonnais) and Joe Gomez (Charlton). I am also scouting various other options - e.g Rubén Vezo, Kostas Manolas and Antonio Rüdiger - which may force me to change my mind. I will be adding a centre-back in the January window.

Defensive midfield: Replacing Mikel Arteta is another task which by no means is easy. Arteta plays a pivotal role in my eleven and, therefore, requires a player of class to replace him sufficiently. As of this moment, I have five leading candidates: William Carvalho, Morgan Schneiderlin, Christoph Kramer, Rubén Neves and Sergi Samper. I deem all to be good enough to replace Arteta, even the latter two, who are still yet to reach 20 years-of-age. In all likelihood, I will address said position in the summer transfer window.

Managed to score more goals, but still slugging behind Chelsea. Opened a nice little gap from the Manchester clubs though. Arsenal need a clinical goalscorer, every game I have played... whoever has been upfront, whether it be Welbeck/Theo/Sanchez/Giroud (5 times), nobody is clinical enough.

4601078d40724404f6181e00a391b29c.png

4th top scorer in the league is Jack Wilshere :cool: he has been superb, even the top average rated player in the league. His partnership with Ramsey is beautiful.

90fb2434-4b4b-433a-a5d7-e846a86df102_zps4f2a73f9.jpg

April Report

05/04/15 | Barclays Premier League | Turf Moor

TEAM: GK: Ospina 6.9 RB: Chambers 6.7 RCB: Koscielny 7.5 LCB: Saul 6.9( Mertesacker 57/6.9) LB: Gibbs 7.2 MCR: Bender 6.9 MCL: Rosicky 6.6( Arteta 51/6.9) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.8 AML: Cazorla© 7.7 STCR: Walcott 6.7( Welbeck 57/6.5) STCL: Giroud 8.8(MoM)

Arsenal 2( Giroud89 , 90+2)

Burnley 0

11/04/15 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

TEAM: GK:Ospina 6.9 RB: Chambers 6.8 RCB: Koscielny 7.4 LCB: Saul 7.1 LB: Gibbs 7.2 MCR: Bender 6.8( Mertesacker 70/6.7) MCL: Rosicky 6.8 AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.7 AML: Özil 6.8( Welbeck 51/6.4) STCR: Walcott 6.5( Cazorla 56/6.9) STCL: Giroud 6.5

Arsenal 0

Newcastle 0

15/04/15 | UEFA Champions League( Qtr-Final - 1st Leg) | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Ospina 6.8 RB: Stones 6.2 RCB: Koscielny 7.1 LCB: Saul 6.7( Mertesacker 63/6.9) LB: Gibbs 6.5 MCR: Bender© 7.2 MCL: Rosicky 6.8 AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.6(Cazorla 51/6.6) AML: Özil 6.6( Welbeck 51/6.5) STCR: Walcott 6.8 STCL: Giroud 6.6

Arsenal 0

Chelsea 0

18/04/15 | F.A Cup(Semi-Final) | Wembley

TEAM: GK: Ospina 6.9 RB: Debuchy© 6.9 RCB: Koscielny 7.5(MoM) LCB: Saul 7.3 LB: Gibbs 7.2 MCR: Bender 6.7( Mertesacker 69/6.8) MCL: Ramsey 6.9 AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.6( Alexis 75/6.7) AML: Özil 6.8( Cazorla 69/6.9) STCR: Walcott 7 STCL: Giroud 6.8

Arsenal 1 ( Shackell O/G 21)

Burnley 0

21/04/15 | UEFA Champions League( Qtr-Final - 2nd Leg) | Stamford Bridge

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 6.8 RB: Debuchy 6.8 RCB: Mertesacker© 7.4 LCB: Koscielny 7 LB: Gibbs 7.4 MCR: Bender 6.9 MCL: Wilshere 9 AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 8.3 AML: Alexis 7.6 STCR: Walcott 6.8 STCL: Giroud 6.5( Welbeck 84)

Arsenal 2(2) ( Alexis 4 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 88)

Chelsea 1(1) ( Cuadardo Inj 42 , Fabregas 45 , Mikel Inj 84)

25/04/15 | Barclays Premier League | Villa Park

TEAM: GK: Ospina 6.7 RB: Chambers 6.9 RCB: Koscielny 6.9( Saul 84) LCB: Stones 6.8 LB: Gibbs 6.8 MCR: Bender© 6.8( Arteta 51/6.6 MCL: Ramsey 7.4 AMR: Munir 6.6 AMC: Crowley 6.7 AML: Alexis 8( Welbeck 15/6.9) STCL: Giroud 7.4

Arsenal 2 ( Alexis 12 , Giroud 44)

Aston Villa 1 ( Donacien 75)

4 games left in the league, and into the semi finals of the champions league against Real Madrid, eep!

I've just beat Bayern 1-0 at home in my first knockout stage game. Dreading the away game :(

Arsenal need a clinical goalscorer, every game I have played... whoever has been upfront, whether it be Welbeck/Theo/Sanchez/Giroud (5 times), nobody is clinical enough.

This is really frustrating. I feel the second season budget will be going on this.

2014/15 season completed-

PL- champions by 6 points from spurs

CL- final lost to madrid 2-0

FA cup- winner (beat spurs 4-0 in the final)

COC- winner (beat liverpool 5-1 in the final)

CS- winner on pen (3-3)

Welbeck 43 goals (38 in PL) Giroud 23, Sanchez 20, Ox 15, Theo 13, Santi 13

season 2015/16

players out Monreal 10 mil- city

J campbell 15 mil monoco

Arteta 1 mi to everton

Jenkinson 3.5 mil to Stoke

players in

Marcelo 44 mil

malcom- 11.5 mil

Bakkali- free

Joe Gomez -4.5 mil

GK- FB (d) CD(s) CD © CWB (a)

DLP (d) B2B (s)

Winger (a) TQ (a) IF (s)

CF (a)

WS/ospina

RB-Chambers/Debuchy/( Gomez)

Lb- Marcelo/Gibbs/( Balanta)

Cb- Balanta/ Kos/Per/ Gomez

CM- Jacl, Rambo, Knogbia, (Ox), Ajer

Wide- Theo, Sanchez, Ox, Santi (malcom)

CAM- Ozil/Santi/Jack

CF- Welbeck, Giroud, Malcom

onloan Bakeli, Gnabry, Bellerin and Zalalem,

hoping to replace Per and Debucy with Stones and Ballerin, replace santi with Bakeli and Gnabry end of season

Just had my best EVER youth intake on any FM ever? :D

7188f888825bdaf127e8248daeb9e9cd.png

None of them are world beaters that you find in the regen thread, but they all have that 4/5 star potential (judged by 20/20 Favini)... and all have the right attributes in the right place. This could be amazing!

welbeck did great for me 43 goals, including 3 hattricks back to back one of which was against cfc, loosing 3-0 around 60th mind and by 85th it was 3-3

Missing many 1 v 1s for me, his lack of composure is so obvious in the match engine.

---

Other note: This was painful, so very painful :(

079ded0873d9bf4a1d8f232132a1a99a.png

It was very gutting :( was pushing for an equaliser and that happened.

In other news though, just made the FA Cup final and top of the table with a couple games left. Very pleased with the season regardless :) only disappointments are Ozil/Sanchez, haven't really set the world on fire, but I have kind of shoe horned Ozil in the team at LW.

Tough luck there, Ty. I lost the final in my save to an extra-time goal; it's the worst feeling in the world.

Have you tried playing Ozil on the right hand side? I tried him as a Wide Midfielder (Attack) on the left of a 4-4-2 and it didn't quite work, but switching him over to the other side has seen him far more involved in games as of late.

I would, but the Ox has been some form of god on the right for me. So good :D

I also was 2 points clear at the top with 3 games left, I then went on to lose to Everton and West Brom.... finishing 2nd :( completely threw away the league.

Plus side; I did win the FA Cup.

Tough luck there, Ty. I lost the final in my save to an extra-time goal; it's the worst feeling in the world.

Have you tried playing Ozil on the right hand side? I tried him as a Wide Midfielder (Attack) on the left of a 4-4-2 and it didn't quite work, but switching him over to the other side has seen him far more involved in games as of late.

I would, but the Ox has been some form of god on the right for me. So good :D

I also was 2 points clear at the top with 3 games left, I then went on to lose to Everton and West Brom.... finishing 2nd :( completely threw away the league.

Plus side; I did win the FA Cup.

Ah the pain and misery of throwing it away!

Now the season is over, painful losing the league like that. I have taken a look at my worst performers, no shock Ozil/Sanchez is there, but I am not sure if this is because of the sub appearances dragging it down.

8219df57422abf27addabd96ff47b1a5.png

I would like to bring in a quality striker who can finish, regardless of age. If that means a 19 year old or 29 year old, they will come in to replace Giroud.

Also would like another LW to replace Ozil, yes, I may sell Ozil (and Sanchez)... SHAME ON ME :o all hypothetical at the moment, looking through players now.

Possibly Reus?

I am playing with an inside forward on support, but I don't want my save to feel and look like everyone elses :( I am weird like that.

May give Ozil another shot this year, a full year with natural LW position. Looking at strikers, possibilities are Higuain, Aboubakar, Bacca and David Villa/Hunterlaar as last resorts :D Just want someone to put the ball in the net, we make so many chances.

2018/19 Season: Started the season off with winning the Community Shield against Chelsea on penalties, drawing 2-2 and winning 4-3 n the shootout :)

Capital One Cup: Knocked out in the QF by Man Utd 3-0, having won it the previous 3 years i gave the youngsters a run and they did well until this point

FA Cup: Youngsters knocked out in the 6th round by QPR 3-1

Champions League: Finished top of my group with CSKA Moskow, Kobanhavn and Sparta Prague. Got drawn against Ajax in the first KO round and beat them 5-1 on agg. This got me a tie against Juventus who managed 4 goals against me at home, but lost 5-4, i won the away tie 2-0. Semi Final against the mighty Real Madrid, first match at home where they scored in the 47th minute in the first half and the 91st in the second, losing 3-2 to me, however they destroyed me at their home 3-0 and we crash out yet again :( They played Dortmund who beat Barca in the semi, with Dortmund winning it!

League: Attempt number 4 at the league... and we won it! With one whole game to spare :D 4 points clear of Chelsea with 2 games left, an away game at Everton and a home match vs Man Utd. Beat Everton 5-1 after going 1-0 down, and drew with united 1-1.

With 2 years left on my contract i am hoping to win the champions league in that time, although i rarely leave Arsenal :D

I am playing with an inside forward on support, but I don't want my save to feel and look like everyone elses :( I am weird like that.

May give Ozil another shot this year, a full year with natural LW position. Looking at strikers, possibilities are Higuain, Aboubakar, Bacca and David Villa/Hunterlaar as last resorts :D Just want someone to put the ball in the net, we make so many chances.

No-one better than Higuain at that.

Also would like another LW to replace Ozil, yes, I may sell Ozil (and Sanchez)... SHAME ON ME :o all hypothetical at the moment, looking through players now.

I am so glad I didn't sell Sanchez and gave him another chance :D

1f995d931f4b3788b1b912f6dee6ff21.png

Season 2014/15 half-term report

As an avid Arsenal fan, naturally I had to begin FM15 with the Gunners. I am quite a slow player, so my soundbytes will likely come in half-season instalments!

• House Rules

I prefer to play as realistically as possible and like to establish the 'Wenger way'. With Arsenal now a financial superpower on FM, I wanted to add a few casual rules to my file.

• Focus on Youth - develop young talents where possible, especially English ones in accordance with the home-grown rules.
  • Streamlined Squad - we are Arsenal not Chelsea! Keep the squad streamlined with 'as needed' main purchases, no huge overstocking of players or high wage players sitting unwanted or unplayed on mammoth wages just because we can. To that effect, also limited procurement of free players.
  • The Unknown - take an occasional punt on an unknown quantity, the new Toure or the new Stepanovs?
  • Financial Prudence - retain a healthy financial aspect and limit requests for more transfer funds

• The Squad/Transfers

There are two huge problems with the Arsenal squad; the lack of defenders and the absence of power in midfield. With a £46.5m budget, my initial plan was to remedy the situation. To that effect I signed Benedikt Howedes and Lars Bender. Cliched signings perhaps, but ideal for my needs. Bender was the only DM I targeted due to his sitting/destroying/box-to-box capabilities. I actually preferred Chiriches for defence, signing him on my initial Beta. This time Man Utd swiped Vertonghen and the Romanian proved unavailable. Howedes was the next in line. Berahino was my third main purchase, nabbed on an £8.5m deal with a loanback. He fits the criteria of adding to the home-grown list and is essentially a Walcott in miniature. The squad already has an abundance of midget, rapid, half-forwards, but I see Berahino proving a valuable addition over time.

Talented Karlo Lulic added to my future prospects, loaned back to Osijek in the interim and I took a punt on Gabriel Almeida, a virtual unknown with reasonable potential and whom had Portuguese heritage. Coquelin was my only sale, an unneeded jack of all trades, but that role is covered by Flamini. Sanogo went out on loan to newly-acquired feeder club Nottingham Forest to see what he could do, Gnabry moved on loan to Norwich once fit.

2014-11-17_00008_zps2bc69118.jpg

2014-11-17_00004_zps5fe3eb68.jpg

Our early season and current form have been polar opposites. As the schedule demonstrates we could not defend for toffee in the early weeks, conceding a plethora of goals. Partly due to lack of cohesion and tactical familiarity, undoubtedly others caused by unsuitable tactics and formation. Two significant problems appeared since the hotfix; goal concessions from corners and - the bane of my FM14 career - opposing wingers ghosting through my defence. After conceding almost every game from a corner, a work-around was found with one or two players zonal marking. These tend to sit on the near-post and stopped the AI from sneaking in at will. In fact, only one further goal has been conceded from a corner since the opening weeks.

Wingers decimating fullbacks was a real issue; I have tried all sorts of combinations from the early days of FM14 and found no solution. Wingers ghost behind fullbacks, my own wide AMs simply refuse to track their opposing fullback in countering situations. Or so it seemed....quite a novel solution has been to get my wingers to rabidly close down and man mark their fullback. Widemen are seemingly defaulted to man-mark opposing wingers on the instructions marker, but pushing them high up on the marauding fullbacks has nullified them almost every game, in turn cutting supply and interaction to their own AI widemen. We conceded 23 in the opening twelve games, nine in the following fifteen. A huge difference. It does pull my own widemen out of position though, and has had a detrimental effect on goal-return averages.

2014-11-17_00005_zps65bc90db.jpg

2014-11-17_00009_zpse350fb73.jpg

2014-11-17_00002_zps4f3bd656.jpg

2014-11-17_00003_zps8d4453e3.jpg

The home deep-lying 4422 has worked wonderfully well, combined with a high defence and pressing game. It picks up clean sheets for fun. However, in the early stages of the season, I was using a counter-attacking 41221, with a DM, two CMs and two wingers. It tanked, losing the opening three Prem away games, a high-scoring Champions League encounter against Dnipro, a loss to Stoke in the Carling Cup, and it was en route to a 2-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge until I switched up to my home 442 and stormed back to equalise with the last kick. That heralded a use of the 442 away from home too and we haven't looked back since. Stylistically it is similar to the home set-up, except with the use of control rather than attack, harder tackling, and switching the ball-winning CM to a deep-lying playmaker. Essentially, Ramsey and Bender switch roles home/away.

At the (almost!) half-way stage we sit top in a cracking 7-way title battle. Chelsea were undefeated until game 16, Man Utd are inconsistent but explosive, and City still somehow lurk despite sacking Pellegrini following a poor start. Liverpool have been top for most of the season.

In the Champions League we opened with a 2-3 defeat to Anderlecht at the Emirates, stormed back to lead the group by 2pts with a trip to Belgium upcoming. Then I committed the cardinal sin, resting the entire first-team and promptly lost 2-1, dropped into second place and have been drawn against Barca in the knockouts! Oi, Wenger indeed....

2014-11-17_00006_zpsb041d03b.jpg

Overall, the most perplexing problem with the Arsenal squad is the amount of flexibility. There are too many players able to play multiple roles. Ozil has been a quandary, as for most. It is clear that wing-play is a solid route on this game, but two-up worked well enough that I don't tend to use an AM. So Ozil has been shunted out on the left wing (he actually has superb winger atts, but it still feels odd...) whilst retraining to play as the deep-lying striker. Giroud has featured as a target-man and advanced forward, but has actually revelled as the deep-lying forward in Alexis Sanchez's absence (out for 3 months with a torn hamstring and has been injured three times in the month since his return, sigh). So much so that the Frenchman is now almost a must-have, 13 goals in 19 games and his physicality and aerial prowess are a real handful.

Ozil and Giroud are both settled, but the other two attacking roles have been variously attributed to Welbeck, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski and Campbell - mostly dependant on fitness as every single one has been injured at some stage. Walcott is showing signs of form at RAM after injury, Ozil has nicked Podolski's LAM spot, whilst both Campbell and - to a lesser extent - Cazorla have been sidelined yet provided good returns. Welbeck is exactly like his real self; one week blazes a treble, the next missing an open goal from six yards. The definition of inconsistent. As I say, too many options, and I think I could easily move on three attackers, replace with one and be better off for it.

The remainder of the team is more settled. Szczesny the clear no.1, Debuchy at rightback, then any of the main three centrebacks fitness dependent (Howedes has been the most impressive). I have a Kolarov/Clichy situation developing at leftback; preferring Gibbs' attacking thrusts at home, but the more stable Monreal on the road. In midfield it is all about Lars Bender; he plays regardless, with one of Ramsey or Wilshere. Diaby is an intriguing wildcard. Doesn't have mojo to really impact as a ball-winner, but can win possession and playmake reasonably, whilst possessing a rocket shot and being a great late-game option to drop the deep-lying attacker for an AM and use him to shore up defensively or act as a shadow striker.

Neither Arteta nor Flamini have featured much, and Rosicky is Rosicky - injured.

• January Window

A small cash injection from the board and the sale of Vermaelen's transfer clauses added a solid £5m to the budget, which I've used towards building up the youths. In addition to developing the U18 and U21 sides, a policy is also not to overstock the two squads with multiple talents of the same ilk or role, as it has always been unrealistically easy to do. The squads need an initial injection of talent though, as prospects are thin on the ground. So I'll be adding:

• John Hou Saeter
  • Nikolai Laursen
  • Bjorn Inge Utvik
  • Andrija Balic

...to give the U18s a much-needed boost. I've also acquired Patrick Banggaard, a tall 20 y/o Danish CD to provide more depth for the 1st team, the '8th defender'. Finally, fulfilling the 'unknown punt' I've also snapped up Irven Avila, a 24 y/o Peruvian striker with intriguing atts on a free transfer. Unable to acquire a work permit, he'll be loaned out to prove his mettle.

• Decisions, Decisions

Gaining more tactical flexibility is the main aim prior to the start of 15-16. That 442 can't hold out forever. I have a multi-purpose 4231 Enganche sitting as a second formation, but would also like a dedicated 3rd. Toying with the idea of trying a 442 diamond, although dislike the idea of having no wide midfielders/wingers, unless raiding fullbacks and/or lateral movement from the two STs can provide it. Mainly like the idea of being able to easily slot Wilshere and Ramsey in as a tandem ahead of Bender and still be able to use Ozil as an attacking midfielder/shadow striker, and also not entirely kill off any of the other main forward options.

Or perhaps even an asymmetrical? Bender sitting, Wilshere tucked inside left CM, Ramsey retrained as a right wide midfielder, an inside forward on the left and some sort of advanced creator right-central.

sounds like Arsenal irl

Yes indeed. Finished 6th in the league but wasn't fired, thank god. I think the problems may also have to do with signing too many new players. I do think I need a better goalscorer so I'm going to try for Munir, or Higuain. Munir is a lot younger but I don't know.

Yes indeed. Finished 6th in the league but wasn't fired, thank god. I think the problems may also have to do with signing too many new players. I do think I need a better goalscorer so I'm going to try for Munir, or Higuain. Munir is a lot younger but I don't know.

Could just be in my game but I bought Munir with the intention of making him a shadow striker. I put him in the reserves for a couple of months and he's been awful there. It's now May 2015, with Giroud, Carzola and Podolski leaving I might give him a few pre-season run outs but my impression is that I'll won't get by with Munir and Welback as my two strikers.

Higuain looks good but I'm tempted by Jackson Martinez and his £20.5m minimum release. Welbeck has scored 30 in all competitions in 2014/15 but he's a liability in big games were there are fewer chances because about 75% of his shorts are off-target.

Alas, Podolski is off to Roma in my game. He had a wonderful start to the 14/15 season scoring 12 goals before Xmas but declined rapidly thereafter. His last performance away at Man City was woeful: fell over the ball a few times, got booked for diving and was so far off the pace there was a danger he'd take root in the turf.

Carzola declined in similar style during 14/15. Per and Arteta are also in serious decline but I think they still have a role for 15/16, both have accepted reduced squad status, Arteta was fine about me taking the captaincy off of him. He's now training to be a coach.

No idea who to make Captain next season. Wilshire is too inconsistant, Per won't be starting as much, Balanta and Strootman haven't been there long enough. Maybe Ramsey or Ozil then.

that is a truly wonderful sight to behold :D

Beat them 4-0 at the end of last season as well :D

I love how I was moaning at Welbeck, Ozil and Sanchez at the back end of last season... but then this season my top scorers are;

975daad404d3e059fbaf7541d26b9ca7.png

I bought Aboubakar to solve my finishing problems during the summer but he got injured for 3 months after an horrific start, and Welbeck has been amazing ever since. Half tempted to sell Aboubakar during the winter. Should of let him join Liverpool instead of us signing him, paid £20m so I should be able to get that back.

Arsenal 2019/20 season start

Transfers in:

Vicente Reig - 10m

895001D418CB5CEA9BD920B8BC446D135975EB50

Gabriel Lapore - 7.5m

E3010293E4696849D67CDE518D28DCA04D82209C

Chad Bennett - 2.4m

1024x535.resizedimage

Conor Loughran - Free

9FD879F85F4F4484AB7958053B441E4EA3D73F7B

And i finally get Dwayne Parris who went back to Southampton on loan after buying him last season :cool:

E0FF4DE188FFE8A2C4663B7B1E65BB5B4A39A930

Transfers Out:

Munir - 21.5m

Yamil Rivadero - regen - 9.25m

Sven bender - 7.5m

Alexis Sanchez - 5.75m

Diego Godin - 2.5m

Edgar le - 2.5m

Marc bola - 250k

90fb2434-4b4b-433a-a5d7-e846a86df102_zps4f2a73f9.jpg

End Of Season Report

02/05/15 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Ospina 6.8 RB: Lopez 6.8 RCB: Stones 7.3 LCB: Saul 7.2 LB: Fuentes 6.5 MCR: Arteta©(MoM) 8.3 MCL: Crowley 7.4( Koscielny 60/6.9) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.6( Walcott 66/6.7) AML: Cazorla 6.6 STCR: Welbeck 6.4( Giroud 60/6.6) STCL: Munir 6.5

Arsenal 1 ( Arteta 52)

Man City 1 ( Aguero 30)

05/05/15 | UEFA Champions League( Semi-Final Leg 1) | Anfield

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 6.8 RB: Chambers 7.1( Debuchy 80) RCB: Koscielny 6.8 LCB: Meresacker 7.3 LB: Gibbs 6.4 MCR: Arteta© 6.9( Ramsey 76) MCL: Wilshere 6.9 AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.9 AML: Cazorla 7.8 STCR: Walcott 6.5( Welbeck 80) STCL: Giroud 7

Arsenal 1 ( Cazorla 16)

Liverpool 1 ( Henderson 80)

10/05/15 | Barclays Premier League | Loftus Rd

TEAM: GK: Ospina 6.7 RB: Debuchy 6.9( Lopez 36/6.5) RCB: Stones 6.9 LCB: Mertesacker 6.8( Koscielny 45/6.8) LB: Fuentes 7 MCR: Bender 6.9 MCL: Crowley 7 AMR: Welbeck 6.8 AMC: Saul 7.2 AML: Gibbs 7.1 STCL: Munir 8.1

Arsenal 4 ( Munir 16 , Gibbs 35 , Caulker O/G 52 , Saul 58)

Q.P.R 3 ( Fer 39 & 41 & 54)

13/05/15 | UEFA Champions League( Semi-Final Leg 2) | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 7 RB: Chambers 6.5( debuchy 74/6.8) RCB: Mertesacker 7.5 LCB: Koscielny 8.5 LB: Gibbs 7.4 MCR: Arteta 8.3© MCL: Ramsey 8 AMR: Walcott 7( Ozil 74/6.8) AMC: Cazorla 6.8 AML: Oxlade-Chamberlain 9.2(MoM) STCL: Giroud 7.1( Welbeck 85)

Arsenal 4(5) ( Koscielny 3 , Arteta 17 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 31 & 90)

Liverpool 1(2) ( Allen 25)

16/05/15 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 6.8 RB: Chambers 6.4( Debuchy 77) RCB: Dede 7.1 LCB: Koscielny 6.9 LB: Gibbs 6.8 MCR: Arteta© 7.4 MCL: Ramsey 6.99 Wilshere 75/6.7) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 8.5(MoM) AML: Cazorla 7.1 STCR: Walcott 6.5( Walcott 65/6.9) STCL: Giroud 7.4

Arsenal 2 ( Oxlade-Chamberlain 41 , Giroud 81)

Tottenham 1 ( Townsend 77)

24/05/15 | Barclays Premier League | Goodison Park

TEAM: GK: Ospina 6.7 RB: Debuchy 6.7 RCB: Stones 7.4 LCB: Dede 6.9( Mertesacker 69/6.7) LB: Fuentes 6.7 MCR: Arteta© 6.8( Bender 69/6.7) MCL: Wilshere 7.5 AMR: Alexis 6.8 AMC: Saul 6.5( Oxlade-Chamberlain 45/7) AML: Welbeck 8.5(MoM) STC: Munir 7.1

Arsenal 4 ( Munir 8 , Welbeck 27 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 62 , Stones 82)

Everton 3 ( Barry 1 , Barkley 24 , Baines 87)

30/05/15 | F.A Cup(Final) | Wembley

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 7.2 RB: Chambers 6.5( Debuchy 75/6.8) RCB: Koscielny 7.4 LCB: Meresacker 7.2 LB: Gibbs 6.9 MCR: Arteta© 7.5 MCL: Wilshere 9(MoM) AMR: Oxlade_Chamberlain 8.6 AML: Cazorla 7.1 STCR: Walcott 6.7( Welbeck 36/6.4) STCL: Giroud 6.8

Arsenal 3 ( Wilshere 25 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 33 , Walcott Inj 36 , Koscielny 48)

Man City 2 ( Toure 21 , Toure S/O 45 , Aguero Pen 69)

06/06/15 | UEFA Champions League(Final) | Olympiastadion

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 6.4 RB: Chambers 5.8( Debuchy 65/6.9) RCB: Koscielny 7 LCB: Mertesacker 7 LB: Gibbs 7( Saul 93/6.3) MCR: Arteta© 7.5 MCL: Wilshere 7.3 AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 8.7(MoM) AML: Cazorla 7.5 STCR: Alexis 6.4( Welbeck 56/7.9) STCL: Giroud 7.4

Arsenal 3 ( Cazorla 2 , Welbeck 59 , Giroud 65 , Gibbs Inj 93)

Real Madrid 3 ( Jese 1 , Rodriguez 17 , Pepe 40)

AET

PEN-Shoot Out

Arsenal 11 ( Debuchy , Giroud , Arteta , Welbeck , Saul , Koscielny , Mertesacker , Oxlade-Chamberlain , Szczesny , Debuchy , Giroud - Wilshere , Cazorla Missed)

Real Madrid 10 ( Rodriguez , Modric , Jese , Coentrao , Marcelo , Carvajal , Kherdira , Pepe , Casillas , Rodriguez - Hernandez , Ramos , Hernandez Missed)

cc64799c-d489-4a96-b2ff-f46e4d3c2694_zps4003ebc7.jpg

688d9ae3-925d-48e3-ae80-6bac29b951b0_zpse1e19974.jpg

Archived