FM15: Arsenal FC

JEinchy

Just a note regarding setting up your side with a player in the ball-winning midfielder role: he is exactly that, a ball-winner. If you're looking for a 'sitter' - someone who will be disciplined in his position on the pitch as well as recycle possession - then I would suggest using a CM-D (with 'close down less') or, as I do, a DLP - D. The latter may not be the better choice considering he'd be partnered with another playmaker by role.

Thanks for the tip. I'll set my 2nd tactic with a CM-D & see how the 2 compare :thup:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So finally had time to play through my second season after a clean sweep in the first.

As well as somehow getting big bucks for Podolski, Joel Campbell, Ospina and Diaby (about 45m for the 4), I managed to do this in the close summer of 2015.

RP63Bal.png

Thankfully Man City seemed to pursue him for a while and I wanted to keep him, so the bids kept coming - 68m for a reserve winfer is not to be turned down. That and prior sales allowed me to bring in Pogba for 60m over 48 months, Depay for 20m over 24 months, the transfer listed Lucas Sliva for 2.9m, Cech for 11m, and Bellerabi for 4.5m (adding to Max Meyer and Phil Jones for 13m & 19m respectively in season 1).

This gave me a first team squad of

9TfBFoR.jpg

Which played with my first choice odd tactic of:

RMBOusd.png

Yielding a seaon in the EPL of

yrCPGt5.jpg

Winning every trophy I could that year (6 including charity Shield) - Including some mental results

LHUbHkD.png

jmXW6DB.png

dp9p7Pb.png

The next Mission is to keep blooding the youngsters and get as home-grown as possible.

Akpom and Iwobi both got games (and goals) in the cups after loan spells, Crowley looks promising, and Gnabry has done pretty well on loan. Zelalem also looks promising but isn't ready.

But I also downloaded a data set of this summer's real life u18 promotions, so have few more kids in the youth set up that have serious promise...we shall see...

So finally had time to play through my second season after a clean sweep in the first.

As well as somehow getting big bucks for Podolski, Joel Campbell, Ospina and Diaby (about 45m for the 4), I managed to do this in the close summer of 2015.

RP63Bal.png

Thankfully Man City seemed to pursue him for a while and I wanted to keep him, so the bids kept coming - 68m for a reserve winfer is not to be turned down. That and prior sales allowed me to bring in Pogba for 60m over 48 months, Depay for 20m over 24 months, the transfer listed Lucas Sliva for 2.9m, Cech for 11m, and Bellerabi for 4.5m (adding to Max Meyer and Phil Jones for 13m & 19m respectively in season 1).

This gave me a first team squad of

9TfBFoR.jpg

Which played with my first choice odd tactic of:

RMBOusd.png

Yielding a seaon in the EPL of

yrCPGt5.jpg

Winning every trophy I could that year (6 including charity Shield) - Including some mental results

LHUbHkD.png

jmXW6DB.png

dp9p7Pb.png

The next Mission is to keep blooding the youngsters and get as home-grown as possible.

Akpom and Iwobi both got games (and goals) in the cups after loan spells, Crowley looks promising, and Gnabry has done pretty well on loan. Zelalem also looks promising but isn't ready.

But I also downloaded a data set of this summer's real life u18 promotions, so have few more kids in the youth set up that have serious promise...we shall see...

what's you team instruction for that tactic? and what about your others?

Good to see the Gunners thread the most active, always start with them as my first save when the game comes out.

Would anyone be able to show some screen shots of the latest update of the Ox, Couquelin, bellerin, and any other youngsters. Was hoping they would get an upgrade for FM 2016 but havn't played in a while due to my laptop breaking.

Hello I in the first season using a transfer update and I am looking for a good pace LWB who can also play LB( although not vital) with good pace & acceleration(at least 14) & crossing & dribbling (at least 13)

sorry I know this though

p.s I've tried Cresswell but West Ham wont sell I gave up after they rejected 32 with him being loaned back for the season

Hello I in the first season using a transfer update and I am looking for a good pace LWB who can also play LB( although not vital) with good pace & acceleration(at least 14) & crossing & dribbling (at least 13)

sorry I know this though

p.s I've tried Cresswell but West Ham wont sell I gave up after they rejected 32 with him being loaned back for the season

Jose Gaya from Valencia is great, as is Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg and the young serb guy from Schalke...

After our title-winning triumphs of last season, we're back for another, hopefully successful, season. The additions (detailed in my previous update; further up page) of Petr Čech, Karim Benzema to the squad, along with deadline day signing, Ki Sung-Yeung, were intended to strengthen our squad ahead of an assault on four fronts. I'm now in January, 2016, prompting me to update you all on my save...

HALF-SEASON REVIEW --- 2015/2016; stuttering form, tactical tribulations and inhibiting injuries

Pre-season served us well, re-establishing fitness, tactical familiarity and also a chance to assess the progress and quality of young players. Comfortable victories in Japan, over Kashiwa Reysol and Kashima Antlers, kicked-off our preparations with style, substance and promise. Upon our return - via a trip to Stuttgart, against whom we triumphed 2-0 thanks to a Theo Walcott brace - we went into our third successive Community Shield tie having thrashed affiliate club Leyton Orient, 5-0.

COMMUNITY SHIELD

In a replay of last season's FA Cup Final, we met Frank de Boer's significantly strengthened Manchester United. Fitting of the occasion and opposition, I decided to start a full strength side - minus a hamstrung Mesut Özil and Chile's Alexis Sánchez, who only returned to training a day before the fixture. Petr Čech and Karim Benzema made their club debuts, the latter supplemented by Danny Welbeck and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in attack.

In complete contrast to May's FA Cup Final, we dominated the game. Over a hundred more completed passes, ten more shots at goal and our two clear-cut chances created to their zero - yet Manchester United still came out on top, winning a penalty shoot-out 5-4. A somewhat disappointing yet far from worrying start to our season.

CAPTIAL ONE CUP

Arsenal%20-%20Capital%20One%20Cup%202015_zpsfe06tbzh.png

Much like last season, the Capital One Cup campaign is one which I intentionally put very little onus on, seeing it primarily as a welcome change of pace to the intensity of both the Premier League and UEFA Champions League. Our run has been kind, facing three Championship sides and the results clearly showcase the gulf in class. Alex Iwobi, starting from a wide left position in all three ties, was the standout performer. I also used these games to introduce Krystian Bielik and Julio Pleguezuelo into the first-team.

Next up: a two-legged semi-final against Swansea City, whom I've struggled against previously.

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - GROUP STAGE

Arsenal%20-%20UEFA%20Champions%20League%20group%20stage_zps6au4x5yp.png

Rewarded with a fairly handsome group, I felt our chances of progression into the knock-out stages were healthy. Yet I soon realised that my confidence, particularly in beating an Ajax who had moved away from their wonderful philosophy of trusting in youth, was naïvely misplaced. The disappointing start to our European campaign in the Amsterdam ArenA was not only setback, but it also uncovered some alarming tactical troubles.

Despite the worrisome start, I felt that our reaction was excellent - particularly the 1-0 home win over high press, high tempo, Bayer Leverkusen. We struggled to create chances, and relied on a stunning Mesut Özil free-kick to win, but I was encouraged by our resilience and determination in defence, as well as club captain Mikel Arteta's controlling display from deep.

Finishing as leaders of our group, we were seeded in the ensuing draw for the last sixteen stage, yet the draw wasn't too kind. An exciting two-legged tie against Bundesliga leaders Borussia Dortmund now awaits us!

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

August to January

Arsenal%20-%20Barclays%20Premier%20League%20August%20to%20January%201st_zps2zczq8f2.png

Our stuttering form, alluded to in the title, is far more apparent in our Premier League results. Good results broken up by disappointing ones - something which we had little experience of during the first-half of last season's Premier League campaign. It was not until December that we compiled a real change of good form and, even then, we could only draw to two title rivals at the Emirates: an exciting 3-3 against Manchester City and a frustratingly false 2-2 to Liverpool.

Our form has led to our standing within the Premier League to fluctuate from as low as sixth and up to second; our poor results against direct rivals, particularly the early season defeats at the hands of Manchester United and Chelsea, were certainly major factors.

There were two notable Premier League victories in our season though, the stand out of which: our 8-0 demolition of newly-promoted Burnley at the Emirates. It was the perfect storm - Mesut Özil, behind Karim Benzema, flanked by Theo Walcott and Danny Welbeck and supported by Aaron Ramsey was the catalyst in an incredible first-half, in which we scored seven goals. The other notable victory of our season so far would have to be the 4-0 win in the North London Derby. Idealistic analysis concludes that our performance was far from ideal: failing to control possession, nor Tottenham's forward line, but we won 4-0. Symptomatic of our inconsistency, we immediately took another step backwards away to Swansea...

Premier League Table, as of January 1st

Arsenal%20-%20Barclays%20Premier%20League%20August%20to%20January%20Table_zpshipbfnfx.png

*All statistics taken from all club competitions

Most Appearances: Petr Čech - 27; Santi Cazorla - 27; Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - 25; Mikel Arteta - 24; Aaron Ramsey - 24

Top Scorers: Danny Welbeck - 13; Olivier Giroud - 9; Santi Cazorla & Karim Benzema - 7; Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain & Mesut Özil - 5;

Most Assists: Theo Walcott & Aaron Ramsey - 7; Mesut Özil & Alexis Sánchez - 6; Olivier Giroud - 5; Héctor Bellerín - 4

INHIBITING INJURIES

Again, another considerable factor to our season has been injuries. Several players have been blighted by niggling knocks with a cluster of key squad members struck down by more serious, longer-lasting injuries - not least summer signings Karim Benzema and Ki Sung-Yeung. Our injury issues reared it's ugly head in pre-season, with both Mesut Özil and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain missing most, if not all, with a hernia and a thigh strain respectively. In late August, just a game into his season, Alexis Sánchez tore his hamstring resulting in at least a three month lay-off. His absence was compounded further by likely replacement Jack Wilshere starining ankle ligaments and missing up to over a month.

By November, Aaron Ramsey missed three weeks with a twisted ankle, the returning Alexis pulled a hamstring in training - another three weeks on the sidelines.

Karim Benzema has had an unfortunate, frustrating start to his Arsenal career: his goals interspersed by a twisted ankle (three weeks out), a broken nose (a week) and a set of fractured ribs, resulting in a four week lay-off. Ki Sung-Yeung has also been subjected to similar luck. Joining the club on deadline day with an existing injury, he managed a couple of first-team appearances upon his return in October only to strain knee ligaments against AFC Ajax. He's expected to return in early January.

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOWS

As of now, I have no plans to do any significant business during the transfer window, although there are some doubts regarding the futures of Mathieu Debuchy, Kieran Gibbs and club captain, Mikel Arteta.

Debuchy, behind Héctor Bellerín in the pecking order, is unhappy at his situation and has been subject of interest from Valencia, Internazionale and Arsène Wenger's Paris Saint-Germain. I've agreed to let him leave were any of the interested parties to make a suitable bid and have begun making contingency plans - notably exploring the possibility of signing Joseba Zaldua from Real Sociedad and enquiring about Juanfran's availability at Atlético Madrid. Another back-up full-back, Kieran Gibbs, has also been the subject of very public Manchester City interest. As of now, Gibbs hasn't come to me asking for the move and I intend to keep him.

Finally, Mikel Arteta's future is (sadly) more than uncertain at this juncture of the season. Out of contract in the summer, he initially refused to enter contract negotiations but has recently softened his stance and at least entertained contract offers - although he is demanding a weekly wage of £80,000-a-week plus assurances of a key role within the first-team. Athletic Club are very interested in Arteta, but I harbour hope that I can persuade him to see out his career at Arsenal.

In the longer-term, I am still watching the likes of Ilkay Gündoğan, Leon Goretzka, Granit Xhaka and Julian Weigl with the hope that I can negotiate a deal for one of the aforementioned holding midfielders during the summer window.

More to follow at season's end...

I’m not proud but I’ve abandoned my Arsenal save and gone back to the day before the start of the EPL season.

After hammering Man City 5-0 in the Charity Shield we scraped a win against Stoke then drew 0-0 against LOSC in the Euro qualifier.

Then it all went very bad.

Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Podolski, Koscielny, Szczesny, Gibbs, Mertesacker and Ozil joined Walcott, Ospina & Diaby on the treatment table. In the 2nd leg against LOSC Martinez tried his best in goal but with Balanta going off injured after 20 mins and Flamini playing centre back behind a makeshift midfield of Coq and the Ox we were dispatched from the Champions League 4-0, Martinez then got injured in training and faced with Tottenham at White Hart Lane without a keeper, I chickened-out.

Has anyone else had bad injury problems?

14 injuries and no keepers you poor begger maybe you could have ask spurs for their sub keeper

I've just finished my second season, and its safe to say that its been ridiculously successful.

The season started with a nervy penalties win against Everton in the Euro Super Cup, following a 1-1 draw. We weren't particularly good, and if anything Everton can feel hard done by not to have taken the trophy home with them.

The second trophy of the season was added in December, as we knocked 7 past Al-Hilal and 3 past Cruz Azul without reply. Vincent Aboubakar was the main reason, hitting 5 of our goals. The trophy wasn't high on my agenda, but its nice to keep up the run of winning silverware.

Having lost to Chelsea on penalties in the Capital One Cup final last year, it was nice to knock them out 5-3 this time around. We reached the final again, where this time Man City awaited. It seems we attract high-scoring games in this competition, and having being pegged back from 3-1 up with Fernando equalising with five minutes to go, I started to think it might be a case of deva vu once again. However, Olivier Giroud had other ideas, netting a 90th minute winner and sending the fans, and me, into raptures. A treble completed, and it was only February.

April saw us crash out of the Champions League at the quarter final stage to Chelsea, who are fast becoming our arch-nemesis. After leading three times in the first leg, we left Stamford Bridge with a 3-3 draw following Diego Costa's late, late goal. And that proved crucial, as we didn't play well in the second leg, losing 2-1, again to a Diego Costa-inspired performance. Oddly, the eventual winners were Galatasaray, who knocked out Real Madrid and then beat Bayern in the final.

May saw us land the title, amassing 93 points and winning the league by 8 points from Man Utd. Chelsea finished a further 6 points behind them in third, with Man City making up the top four. We dominated from start to finish, winning 18 of our 19 home games, and only conceding 9 goals at home. Our biggest win of the season was 7-0 at home to West Ham, but the best thing about our league campaign was knocking 4 past both Chelsea and Man Utd, and 3 past Man City twice. We fell 8 goals short of hitting 100 in the league, but we only let in 25, which was extremely pleasing.

Our season ended with a grudge match against Chelsea in the F.A. Cup final at Wembley. We sealed the title with a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge, and I was still smarting from the Champions League defeat. Its safe to say that it wasn't a classic final that is going to live long in the memory, but, courtesy of Andre Ayew's 16th minute goal, we sealed our fifth trophy of the season with a 1-0 win.

In terms of performances, this season was definitely one for the collective rather than the individual, with seven members of the squad getting into double figures in terms of goals (Welbeck, Giroud, Aboubakar, Sanchez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and Ayew). However, an honourable mention has to go to Mesut Ozil, who scored 7 and made 25 assists this season. He was truly unbelievable at times.

I think I now have 8 players settled as first choice, with only DR, AMR and ST not having a clear first choice.

GK - Szczesny has been utterly fantastic this season, winning the Golden Glove award, and developing into a top-level keeper. In Ospina, I have an able deputy, but if I can find a decent youngster to have as back up, I may let him move on this summer.

DR - Chambers has been absolutely phenomenal this season, and has just edged ahead of Debuchy in the pecking order, but its close. I've been happy with both of them, but, like the keeper scenario, I might be tempted to let Debuchy move on if their is a younger alternative available. Neither Jenkinson or Bellerin have set the world alight on loan, so I think both of those will be moving on this summer.

DC - Koscielny stayed in January, despite fending off bids for him, and has forged an excellent partnership with Balanta at the heart of my defence. In Gabriel and Vallejo, I'm confident that I've got strength in depth here. However, with Koscielny turning 31 in September, it might be time to look for an alternative. Da Graca has started to develop fairly well, and I've got a couple of young English regens in Abbott and Dunne that look like they could be potential first teamers in a few seasons. In short, I feel happy with my centre backs.

DL - Gibbs has now established himself as first choice, which surprises me after Monreal played so well last year. I think its time for the Spaniard to move on. Although he offers a capable back up option, I think I'd like to bring in someone better than Gibbs, and have him as back up instead. I've got no real youth options for this position either, so that is going to be something I try and address in the summer.

B2B - Ramsey and Wilshere, supported by Tielemans, have all done well this season. I actually think I'm overloaded in this position, as I have Hou Saeter in my under 21s as well. He's actually been out on loan, and done really well. I'd like to give him some game time with us, but I think I'll see how he does in pre-season first. It might be that he needs another season out on loan.

CMd - Gil Romero has been outstanding, and has kept his namesake Lucas Romero out of the first 11. I think the summer is going to see Coquelin (who hasn't played at all) and Arteta depart, the latter with all of my best wishes. In Ajer and Bielik, I'm confident I've got enough strength in depth in this position, and that the future is in safe hands.

AMR - Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain have had a mighty battle in trying to secure the starting shirt, and to be honest there hasn't been a winner. In Maitland-Niles, I may have a youngster who could develop well in this position, but Gnarby and Iwobi haven't cut the grade and will be moving on to pastures new shortly.

AMC - Ozil. The man is incredible. Cazorla has deputised well, but at 31 he might be leaving sooner rather than later. Ademoglu has developed a little, and looks to be the brightest of the young AMCs at the club.

AML - Sanchez is clearly my first choice, but Ayew did really well when he came in, and I'm happy I brought him in on a free last summer. He's currently worth £30.5m after 19 goals this season. Like with some of my other positions, I don't really have a talented youngster coming through in this position, so I'll look to bring someone in.

ST - No clear first choice here, but plenty of depth with Welbeck, Grioud and Aboubakar all doing well when the shirt was theirs. Akpom has done well out on loan, and will get a chance during pre-season, but may very well spend next term out on loan again, ideally at the highest level to really test him.

So, in summery, I see definite exits for Arteta, Coquelin, Bellerin, Jenkinson, Gnarby, as well as a few of the youngsters who haven't really developed. Monreal, Debuchy, Cazorla, Ospina and Koscielny may also depart, depending on a few other factors.

I'm on the look out for talented youngsters in most positions, and first teamers at DL and DC, as well as a utility player who can play all across the attacking midfield options.

Suggestions welcome!

898db8e6-b89d-4015-90e4-8729c9c8491b_zps7fcc3d0c.jpg

October Report

01/10/2016 | Barclays Premier League | Olympic Stadium

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Ruddy 6.9 RB: Coleman 7.1 RCB: Chester 7.1 LCB: Paulista 8.2 LB: Young 6.6 MCR: Ramsey 6.9 MCL: Fletcher 6.9( Vidal 67/6.7) AMR: Alexis© 7.4 AMC: Piatti 8.3(MM) AML: Wellington Silva 6.8( Akpom 45/6.4) STC: Kane 6.4

Arsenal 1( Paulista 50)

West Ham 0

15/10/2016 | Barclays Premier League | Emirtaes

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Ruddy 6.9 RB: Chambers 7.2 RCB: Dedé 7.2 LCB: Paulista 6.6( Koscielny 71/6.8) LB: Taylor 7.3 MCR: Ramsey 7.2 MCL: Fletcher 6.8( Vidal 61/6.8) AMR: Alexis© 7.5 AMC: Piatti 9(MoM) AML: Oxlade-Chamberlain 7.3 STC: Iwobi 6.7( Lukaku 66/6.8)

Arsenal 1 ( Alexis 25 | Asst: Ramsey)

Swansea 0

18/10/2016 | UEFA Champions League( Grp Stage) | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Delac 6.9 RB: Coleman 7( Dedé 83) RCB: Chambers 7.1 LCB: Koscielny 7.4 LB: Ramsey 6.8 MCR: Ramsey 6.8 MCL: Vidal 7.5 AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 7.5 AMC: De Bruyne 6.8 AML: Alexis© 7.3( Munir 83) STC: Morata 8.8(MoM)( Kane 77)

Arsenal 2 ( Morata10 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 12 , Vidal S/O 83) | Assts: Ramsey/Morata x1)

Leverkusen 0

22/10/2016 | Barclays Premier League | Brittania

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Delac 6.9 RB: Belllerin 6.7( Ward 81) RCB: Chambers 7.7 LCB: Koscielny 7 LB: Taylor 6.9 MCR: Vidal 6.9 MCL: Fletcher 6.5( Ramsey 45/6.8) AMR: Alexis© 7.1 AMC: Munir 9(Mom) AML: Morata 8.3 STC: Akpom 7.5

Arsenal 2 ( Morata 34 , Akpom 59 | Assts: Munir/Alexis x1)

Stoke 1 ( Batth 44)

26/10/2016 | 26/10/2016 | Capital One Cup( 4th Round) | St Marys'

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Delac 6.7 RB: Coleman 6.9 RCB: Dedé 6.9 LCB: Chester 6.8( Koscielny 71/6.8) LB: Mena 6.3 MCR: Ramsey 8.4 MCL: Ortega 6.7( Vidal 56/6.5) AMR: Alexis© 6.6 AMC: De Bruyne 8.8 AML: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.9 STC: Iwobi 7( Akpom 45/6.6)

Arsenal 2 ( Iwobi 37 , Oxlade-Chamberalin 75 | Asst: Ramsey)

Southampton 3 ( Davis 16 , Berahhino 39 & 110)

29/10/2016 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Ruddy 7.3 RB: Chambers 7.6 RCB: Koscielny© 7.3 LCB: Paulista 6.9( Taylor 72/6.9) LB: Ward 9 MCR: Wilshere 8( Piatti 66/6.7) MCL: Vidal 8.3 AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 7( Bellerín 66/6.7) AMC: De Bruyne 9 AML: Munir 7.8 STC: Lukaku 9.6(MoM)

Arsenal 5 ( Lukaku 8 & 17 , Wilshere 39 , Wrd 49 , Lukaku 78 | Assts: De Bruyne x2 , Ward/Taylor x1)

Newcastle 1 ( Tiote S/O 45+2) , De Jong 60)

Had a rather outstanding FA Cup Final - beat Liverpool 6-1. Started brightly, but Liverpool lost Martin Skrtel to a red card after 10 minutes. They played far too narrow, and we took full advantage. Alexis and Giroud scored 3 each and we never looked in the slightest of danger. Lovely cup win!

f0a4dbce-3f9b-4644-bc0a-353efb62ffa8_zpsotwd1dzq.jpg

October Report

04/10/2020 | Stadium Of Light

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Jefferson 6.9 RB: Gullenbeck 6.7 RCB: Xulu 7 LCB: Gizzarelli 7.6 LB: Montero 7( Hecker 72/6.8) MCR: Crowley 7 MCL: Stacey 7( L.Long 72/6.6) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 8.6 AMC: Malcom 8 AML: Munir© 7.8 STC: J.Long 9.5(MoM)

Arsenal 4 ( J.Long 34 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 42 , J.Long 52 & 72 | Assts: Stacey/Munir x1 , Malcom x2)

Sunderland 2 ( Ambrose PEN 8 & 70)

17/10/2020 | Barclays Premier League | Villa Park

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Jefferson 6.9 RB: Hecker 8.1 RCB: Gizzarelli 9(MoM) LCB: Mbiyavanga 6.9( Xulu 80) LB: Targett 6.9 MCR: Crowley 7.2 MCL: Morán 7.4 AMR: Gauthier 6.8( L.Long 74/6.6) AMC: Malcom 7.6( Swap with L.Long 74) AML: Munir© 6.3 STC: J.Long 7.6

Arsenal 2 ( Malcom 27 , J.Long 81 | Asst: J.Long x1)

Aston Villa 0 ( Trippier S/O 33 , Papp S/O 41)

20/10/2020 | UEFA Champions League ( Group Stage) | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Jefferson 7.1 RB: Montero 7.9 RCB: Paulo Sérgio 7( Xulu 45/6.7) LCB: Stacey 7 LB: Tagliafico 7.4 MCR: Zelalem 9 MCL: Morán 6.8( Valle 45/6.6) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 8.4 AMC: Bäron 7.7 AML: Munir© 9.2(MoM) STC: Park Won-Kwan 9

Arsenal 5 ( Oxlade-Chamberlain 15 , Park Won-Kwan 21 , Zelalem 28 , Munir 30 & 50 | Assts: Zelalem/Park Won-Kwan/Bäron x1)

Roma 2 9 Lukaku PEN 20 , Manolas 48)

24/10/2020 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Jefferson© 6.8 RB: Montero 7.2 RCB: Stacey 6.8 LCB: Paulo Sérgio 8.2 LB: Tagliafico 7.8 MCR: Zelalem 6.9 MCL: Morán 6.8 AMR: Gauthier 6.7 AMC: Bäron 7.6 AML: Malcom 7.3 STC: Park Won-Kwan 6.3(J.Long 51/7)

Arsenal 1 ( J.Long 54 | Asst: Bäron)

West Brom 0

31/10/2020 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Andrés 7.4 RB: Montero 8.6 RCB: Xulu 8.3 LCB: Stacey 7.2 LB: Tagliafico 7.9 MCR: L.Long© 9 MCL: Morán 6.8( Paulo Sérgio 72/6.9) AMR: Gauthier 9.7(MoM) AMC: Bäron 6.8( Zelalem 66/6.7) AML: Malcom 7.2 STC: Park Won-Kwan 7.3

Arsenal 4 ( Gauthier 25 Park Won-Kwan 37 , Gauthier 55 & 90+2 | Assts: J.Long/L.Long/Gauthier/Bäron x1)

Crystal Palace 0

898db8e6-b89d-4015-90e4-8729c9c8491b_zps7fcc3d0c.jpg

November Report

02/11/16 | UEFA Champions League( Group Stage) | Bay Arena

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Ruddy 7.4 RB: Coleman 8.3 RCB: Da Graca 7.9 LCB: Chester 7.1( Koscielny 45/7) LWB: Taylor© 8.5 MCR: Ramsey 8.1( Piatti 63/6.7) MCL: Fletcher 7( Paulista 63/6.6) AMR: Bellerín 7.5 AMCL: Munir 9.1 STCR: Akpom 7.7 STCL: Morata 9.6(MoM)

Arsenal 4 ( Morata 4 & 42 , Munir 50 , Morata 54 | Assts: Taylor/Ramsey/Munir x1)

Leverkusen 0

05/11/16 | Barclays Premier League | Saint Mary's

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Ruddy 7.3 RB: Chambers 7.2 RCB: Paulista 8.3 LCB: Dede© 6.9( Chester 52/6.8) LWB: Mena 7.7 MCR: De Bruyne 7.1 MCL: Fetcher 6.4( Ramsey 43/6.8) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 7.8 AMCL: Piatti 9 STCR: Lukaku 9.5(MoM) STCL: Kane 6.6( Akpom 43/7)

Arsenal 4 ( Lukaku 22 , [Kane Inj 43/COLOR] , Lukaku PEN 52 , Paulista 76 , Lukaku 86 | Assts: Akpom/Oxlade-Chamberlain x1 , Piatti x2)

Sothampton 1 ( Berahino 3)

19/11/16 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Ruddy 6.9 RB: Coleman 6.6( Ward 80) RCB: Dedé 7 LCB: Paulista 6.8 LWB: Mena 7.2 MCR: De Bruyne 6.6 MCL: Fletcher 6.8 AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 8.6(MoM) AMCL: Piatti 6.8( Crowley 74/6.7) STCR: Morarta 7.1 STCL: Akpom 6.9( Lukaku 84/7.3)

Arsenal 4 ( Mena 9 , Mrata 40 , Akpom 50 , Lukaku90+2 | Assts: Oxlade-Chamberlain x2)

Man Utd 3 ( Falcao 17 , Mata 58 , Beradi 83)

So having decided to start again with new updates in place as a last game before FM16, I'm trying my new tactic from the start of season one.

All going swimmingly into Match, undefeated like normal, despite a lack of signings beyon those providing cover and kids, and just had my best ever win.

11-0 at home vs Liverpool! Had just sneaked by them at Anfield in the cup a fortnight earlier, and they had their strongest team bar the ever injured sturridge, but of their 7 defenders and midfielders, the highest ave rating was 5.1 for them. new signing and regular Simoan Kjaer got 2.3!

Sanchez got a perfect 10 for us...3 goals, 5 assists.....

Absolutely mental....

Just checked and Liverpool are woefully inconsistent. Scored 7 against Burnley, 6 against Sunderland, Porto and Leverkusen & 5 against Hull & Boro, but only won four mor games than they have lost.....

So having decided to start again with new updates in place as a last game before FM16, I'm trying my new tactic from the start of season one.

All going swimmingly into Match, undefeated like normal, despite a lack of signings beyon those providing cover and kids, and just had my best ever win.

11-0 at home vs Liverpool! Had just sneaked by them at Anfield in the cup a fortnight earlier, and they had their strongest team bar the ever injured sturridge, but of their 7 defenders and midfielders, the highest ave rating was 5.1 for them. new signing and regular Simoan Kjaer got 2.3!

Sanchez got a perfect 10 for us...3 goals, 5 assists.....

Absolutely mental....

Just checked and Liverpool are woefully inconsistent. Scored 7 against Burnley, 6 against Sunderland, Porto and Leverkusen & 5 against Hull & Boro, but only won four mor games than they have lost.....

Are you using that 4-2-3-1 matt cup final tactic if not could/have you post it

Decided to have one last save for FM15, putting my long term Arsenal one of the shelf for the time being.

Grabbed the latest update I could find and started fresh hoping to make a few more aggressive decision in the window than ole Arsene managed this summer.

Immediately set about trying to find a world class or potentially world class striker, however while I think the update is a great piece of work, I am not sure it has updated the reputations of the clubs, so I was struggling to find anyone who was keen to come (Both Cavani and Benzema had no interest).

In my searches I managed to find Marco Veratti listed for £17m so took a punt there only to lose out to Chelsea on wages.

So neither striker or central midfield had been strengthened.

In the end I opted for Aubameyang from Dortmund for £14.5m plus clauses.

While scouting in Germany I happened to have a brief look at Tiago as I am really trying to get a Deep play maker to play beside Ramsey going forward. Oddly enough I discovered I could get him for £18m, so I snapped up that chance, locking down the future of my midfield for years to come.

Tactics wise I am looking to try a few different things. Initially I was looking at something similar to real life, having Ramsey as a WM on the right and Coq and Cazorla as the pivots, I also tried a lop sided version with a CMd, DLPs and BBMs, with the BBM being the most right of the three, but I prefer having that player start wide to provide better defensive balance. However with the addition of Tiago I am now going to operate a 4-4-1-1 utilising player specific instructions for the roles to provide balance depending on the combinations.

Things certainly haven't been as easy my previous save, but preseason went decently enough and about to face Chelsea in the Shield.

Hi all.

Glad to see this thread is still going strong!

I've just begun my third season, and haven't reached the end of the transfer window as of yet. So far I've managed to bring in a few youngsters, but am a couple of players (GK, DR and ST) short of having a full 11 of players that I think might make the grade long term. I've got my scouts all over the place, so I'm hoping that might change before the end of the window.

In my last update, I was assessing the squad and what changes might happen. A lot of the youngsters who weren't going to make the grade have departed, and they have been joined by Serge Gnarby (QPR - £8m), Francis Coquelin (Burnley - £6m) and Yaya Sanogo (Valenciennes - £1.2m). Carl Jenkinson will, fingers crossed, be joining them in leaving the club as well shortly.

I've now got a few decisions to make, most notably at DR. Debuchy has done well, but both Clyne and Danilo are interesting me massively. Clyne is available for £29m, and Danilo for closer to £20m. What do people think? I reckon I could probably get close to £10m for Debuchy, so should I go for a younger version? If so, which one?

I've got the same issue at DL. I really want to bring in a new DL to compete with Gibbs, and move Monreal on. I've narrowed it down to Jonathan Silva or Jose Gaya, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to spend £25m+ on a full back. Its the reason I haven't bought a DR yet as well. Should I just splash the cash, or trust that I can develop my talented young DL regen enough in a season or two that he can replace Monreal himself?

Arteta has now retired, and I think I'm going to promote Kristoffer Ajer to third choice CMd in the squad, behind Gaston Gil Romero and Lucas Romero. Bielek did well in pre-season, so if Ajer doesn't perform particularly well, I may bring him up instead.

I'm also looking for an attacking midfielder who can play all along the line, but haven't drawn up a short list yet. Any ideas?

yhuisBv.png?1

This is Jack Wilshere. His mental stats are absolutely ridiculous. Only Fabregas, Fernandinho and Enzo Perez have 14+ with the key mental stats (positioning, leadership, aggression and bravery ignored). His passing, balance, dribbling and technique are also all 16+. In fact he has 14+ in all 4 key dribbling stats; dribbling, acceleration, agility + balance. He is exceptional, but I see very few people who play him, let alone get a lot out of him.

So basically I want to get him on the ball. His finishing/long shots stats are pretty poor, and he's not that quick, so I want him finding space (17 off the ball) and then dribbling and playing a killer pass. I think he's better suited to a central role, away from a goalscoring position. So DM, CM or CAM. No matter what position he plays, I need to teach him some PPMs.

XsjfPJM.png

He's got some bad habits...what's actually useful? His right foot is weak, so avoiding that is great. Playing one-twos is also great. But get forward whenever possible? The latter 2 are much more attacking PPMs, and given his poor tackling and positioning stats, giving him any kind of defensive responsibility I think is a mistake.

In any case, I need him to learn a few things no matter what position he's going to play; dribbles through the centre and plays killer balls.

ofpZgLv.png

Well this would be a perfect PPM for Wilshere to learn. The problem - he has the contrasting PPM, gets forward whenever possible.

4izcpwj.png

A potential way of getting him scoring more, given his low finishing stat.

Work in progress!

yhuisBv.png?1

This is Jack Wilshere. His mental stats are absolutely ridiculous. Only Fabregas, Fernandinho and Enzo Perez have 14+ with the key mental stats (positioning, leadership, aggression and bravery ignored). His passing, balance, dribbling and technique are also all 16+. In fact he has 14+ in all 4 key dribbling stats; dribbling, acceleration, agility + balance. He is exceptional, but I see very few people who play him, let alone get a lot out of him.

So basically I want to get him on the ball. His finishing/long shots stats are pretty poor, and he's not that quick, so I want him finding space (17 off the ball) and then dribbling and playing a killer pass. I think he's better suited to a central role, away from a goalscoring position. So DM, CM or CAM. No matter what position he plays, I need to teach him some PPMs.

XsjfPJM.png

He's got some bad habits...what's actually useful? His right foot is weak, so avoiding that is great. Playing one-twos is also great. But get forward whenever possible? The latter 2 are much more attacking PPMs, and given his poor tackling and positioning stats, giving him any kind of defensive responsibility I think is a mistake.

In any case, I need him to learn a few things no matter what position he's going to play; dribbles through the centre and plays killer balls.

ofpZgLv.png

Well this would be a perfect PPM for Wilshere to learn. The problem - he has the contrasting PPM, gets forward whenever possible.

4izcpwj.png

A potential way of getting him scoring more, given his low finishing stat.

Work in progress!

Nice post, will be following. I like the analysis of the ppms.

f0a4dbce-3f9b-4644-bc0a-353efb62ffa8_zpsotwd1dzq.jpg

November Report

04/11/2020 |UEFA Champions League ( Grp Stage) | Olimpico

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Andrés 6.8 RB: Montero 6.8 RCB: Xulu 7.3 LCB: Stacey 6.7( Paulo Sergio 62/6.6) LB: Tagliafico 6.9 MCR: L.Long 6.9 MCL: Morán 7 AMR: Malcom 8 AMC: Bäron 8.3 AML: Oxlade-Chamberlain 7.3 STC: Park Won-Kwan 6.7( J.Long 59/6.9)

Arsenal 2 ( Oxlade-Chamberlain 64 , Bäron 80 | Assts: Malcom/Morán x1)

AS Roma 2 ( Pjanic 3 , Green 84)

07/11/2020 | Barclays Premier League | St Marys'

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Júnior 7.3 RB: Güllenbeck 7.5 RCB: Mbiyavanga 7.2( Hecker 74/6.7) LCB: Gizzarelli 8 LB: Targett 7.5 MCR: L.Long 7.6 MCL: Valle 6.8( Stacey 73/6.8) AMR: Bolasie 6.8( Munir 73/6.8) AMC: Konté 8(MoM) AML: Oxlade-Chamberlain 7.5 STC: J.Long 8.1

Arsenal 3 ( Konté 37 , J.Long 74 , Munir PEN 81 | Assts: L.Long/Oxlade-Chamberlain/Konté x1)

Southampton 0

21/11/2020 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Júnior 7 RB: Poljak 6.4( Montero 45/7.2) RCB: Mbiyavanga 7 LCB: Kruiswijk 7( Paulo Sergio 75/6.7) LB: Targett 7.2 MCR: Somália 7.8 MCL: Valle 6.9 AMR: Gauthier 6.6( Bolaise 50/7.3) AMC: Petersen 7.4 AML: Munir© 9(MoM) STC: Konté 7.3

Arsenal 2 ( Munir 50 , Petersen 65 , Bolasie 74 | Assts: Konté/Somalia/Munir x1)

Hudderfield Town 1 ( Thiévy 44)

24/11/2020 | UEFA Champions League (Grp Stage) | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Jefferson 7 RB: Güllenbeck 7.7 RCB: Xulu 9.3(MoM)( Stacey 89) LCB: Hecker 7.7 LB: Tagliafico 7.6 MCR: Morán 7.7( Valle 89) MCL: Zelalem 7 AMR: Malcom 9 AMC: Bäron 7.3( Konté 45/6.7) AML: Munir© 7 STC: J.long 8.3

Arsenal 3 ( J.Long 7 , Xulu 11 & 84 | Assts: Malcom/Bäron/Morán x1)

Borussia Dortmund 0

28/11/2020 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

STARTING FORMATION/TEAM: GK: Andrés 6.9 RB: Güllenbeck 7.4 RCB: Mbiyavanga 7.4 LCB: Gizzarelli 7.1 LB: Tagliafico 8.2(MoM) MCR: Valle 7 MCL: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.8 AMR: Magassouba( Xulu 70/6.8 - To LCB 70) AMC: Konté 6.9 AML: Bolaise 7 STC: Munir© 6.9

Arsenal 2 ( Tagliafico 3 , Munir 63 , Gizzarelli S/O 70 | Asst: Magassouba x1)

Derby County 0

So I spent £160m in the first season, won Manager of the Year and yet came 5th. Pipped to 4th on the last day by Liverpool. Turns out Wenger's doing alright after all.

Now in summer I've bought Enner Valencia and Stephan El Shaarawy, and am selling Mertesacker, Cazorla, Campbell and Welbeck. Need more goals and another world class defender. Not happy with the first season!

What a difference a few transfers and a change of system makes. Switched a more attacking 4-2-3-1 formation, allowing me to make use of Ozil/Cazorla in their natural position, a move that stemmed from bringing in Milan AML Stephan El Shaarawry. The change in formation has not only improved our performance going forward, but surprisingly has improved the defence too. In 17 League games we've scored 38 and conceded just 6, a vast improvement on our performance in the previous campaign where we managed 74 goals in 38 games and conceded 30. The possessional play has been particularly impressive, even against top sides we dominate position getting upwards of 60%. In one game against Sunderland we had 70% possession and it took them until the 65th minute to manage a shot. So, a run down of my transfers:

In:

Stephan El Shaarawy: £16m signing from Milan. Fantastic value for such a talented player. At just 23 years of age he has tremendous potential. The combination of his electric pace, excellent finishing and sound work-rate and off-the-ball attributes works superbly, and makes him the perfect player for the AML position. He's started excellently too. In 16 league games he has 8 goals, 5 assists and an average rating of 7.45, an excellent addition to the side.

Enner Valencia: £22m signing from West 'Am. A curious one. Not overly impressive stats for a striker, especially compared to the likes of Higuain, but a player that I liked the look of when playing against West Ham, and a player that I thought would fit in well. Unlike Higuain his work rate is excellent, he's quick and has a knack for scoring goals. Since joining he has kept Higuain out of the team (hell, even Giroud is keeping Higuain out of the team) and has scored heaps of goals already. In 18 appearances in all competitions for Arsenal he has 21 goals, that's one heck of a scoring record. In 15 appearances for Arsenal, Higuain has 2 goals. Valencia is a beast.

John Stones: £35m signing from Everton. Wanted to boost the defence, and with Kos hitting 30 I'm looking long-term. With Balanta already in the squad, I wanted someone to play foil to him and be a long-term defensive partner for him, and there's no-one better than John Stones. He's young, English and has bucket-loads of potential. He also plays on the right side of the defence, which means he slots in alongside Balanta perfectly. A big outlay, but at 21 he should easily prove his worth.

Mayke: £12m signing from Cruzeiro. A little known Brazilian wing-back very similar in style to Hector Bellerin. Mayke is quick, agile, has a mean cross and again, heaps of potential. I also wanted to move Debuchy on, so bringing in Mayke made perfect sense. I tried to bring him in in January of the first season but didn't have the funds, so made sense to make the move in the summer. In Bellerin and Mayke we have 2 of the best young right backs on the game.

Out:

Danny Welbeck: 16m to Southampton. Surplus to requirements. I like Welbeck, but with Valencia, Giroud, Walcott and Higuain he was never going to get a look-in, so thought I'd cash in. To be fair to him he's been excellent for Soton, scoring 14 in 15 league games.

Per Mertesacker: 6m to Lazio. With Stones joining someone had to go, and it wasn't going to be Balanta, so it had to be Mertesacker, as he is ageing, slow and had a relatively poor season.

Joel Campbell: £14.75m to Dortmund. Again, too many players in that position and he was unhappy not getting any game time. Feel I did bloody well to get that much for him, and Dortmund don't seem to happy with the transfer as he's already back on the transfer list before making his debut. Ouch.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: £13m to Everton. I like Oxlade, but just couldn't seem to find him enough time to play. I wasn't going to sell, but Everton came in with a bid and I decided I may as well sell. Not had a particularly good start with Everton.

Mikel Arteta: £500k to Lokomotiv Moscow. On too high wages, not worth the money. Sold on for as much as I could.

January Ins/Outs

3 Regens - £14m: Agreed the signings of 3 very talented Regens. A 17 year old Goalkeeper from PSV who's already got excellent stats, planning to use Cech as a tutor and boost them stats. A quick, technically gifted Argentinan winger called Luis Garcia. Left my D.O.F. to negotiate the contract and quickly removed his responsibility when I saw he offered a 17 year old over £100k a week. Moron. Finally, a Brazilian centre-half who will fill the gap left by Koscielny when he eventually moves on.

Gonzalo Higuain: £35m to Man Utd. Rubbish. Spent £50m on him and all he did was get injured, moan and never score. Worst. Signing. Ever.

Mathieu Debuchy: £4m to Fenerbache. As mentioned earlier, replaced by Mayke. Took until after window to get anyone to agree to buy him.

Callum Chambers: £6.5m to Watford. Poor man's John Stones. Was never going to get a game, moved him on. Should really have organised a buy-back just incase he gets good, but oh well. He's gone.

So with all that done, I line up:

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-30%20at%2019.53.17_zps1lxsf718.png

Been an awesome start to the 2nd season. Unbeaten in 17 league games, sat top of the league 4 points clear of Chelsea, 8 points clear of last-years winners Citeh, won my Europa League Group and in the Quarters of the League Cup. Icing on the cake being a 4-0 hammering of Chelski at Stamford Bridge in the League. Enner Valencia scored all 4. WAG. Have that Jose!

TL;DR

Bought some people. Sold some people. Beat Chelsea 4-0. Top of league.

So I spent £160m in the first season, won Manager of the Year and yet came 5th. Pipped to 4th on the last day by Liverpool. Turns out Wenger's doing alright after all.

Now in summer I've bought Enner Valencia and Stephan El Shaarawy, and am selling Mertesacker, Cazorla, Campbell and Welbeck. Need more goals and another world class defender. Not happy with the first season!

What kind of voodoo math did you do to have 160m O_o

What kind of voodoo math did you do to have 160m O_o

Sold Coquelin for £32m, Monreal for £8m, Flamini for £5.25m and then made quite a few of my transfers over 48 months which allowed me to play with the transfer budget a bit more. So the value of the transfers was £160m, but I didn't actually spend that much first season.

In my latest FM 2015 save (before FM 2016), I got a new sugar daddy chairman in June 2016. I now have £545M to soend on transfers ...

Now, I don't much like sugar daddies at all, either in real football or in FM - I think they're destructive to the world of football, and in FM they make the game far too easy ... no challenge. Still, will be fun to play with for a couple od seasons I suppose. So maybe not my last FM 2015 save after all, maybe start fresh and hope there will be no sugardaddies in the horizon.

Sold Coquelin for £32m, Monreal for £8m, Flamini for £5.25m and then made quite a few of my transfers over 48 months which allowed me to play with the transfer budget a bit more. So the value of the transfers was £160m, but I didn't actually spend that much first season.

Who was crazy enough to buy Coquelin for 32m? :eek:

Who was crazy enough to buy Coquelin for 32m? :eek:

Madrid. Obviously bit their hand off. Stupid offer. Replaced with William Carvalho for half the money. Easiest decision ever.

Second season done, and mission 1 accomplished, win the league. 31 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses - 96 points winning the league by 7 points over Chelsea, with Spurs and United making up the Top 4. We then topped that off by beating Shakhtar in the Europa League final to do the double. Solid 2nd season.

The change in system worked miracles. Using either Ozil, Cazorla or sometimes Ramsey as an AMC Attacking Playmaker completely transformed the team. We dominated possession against most teams we faced losing only to Norwich, Tottenham, City and Everton in the league season. Having the more advanced playmaker also meant we created a lot more chances and as a result scored a heck of a lot more goals. As a comparison, first season with a DMC in place we scored 74 and conceded 30, second season we scored 95 and conceded just 23, so a massive improvement all-round.

The signings made in the summer worked superbly. Mayke rotated with Bellerin perfectly in the right wing-back position with both performing excellently; El Shaarawy was superb staying fit all season and contributing 31 goals and 15 assists in all competitions; Stones was rock solid at the back and formed very strong partnerships with Koscielny and Balanta throughout the season; the best signing of the season though was probably the most risky, £22m signing Enner Valencia. Came in with a pretty average goalscoring record, but was a revelation. In 52 games in all competitions, he scored 45 goals and contributed 12 assists leading both the Premier League and Europa League scoring charts. Turned out to be a fantastic signing and did the job I was hoping Higuain would do in the first season.

Going into my 3rd campaign I've made some more big signings. Ozil, after a fairly average season has been sold, moving to Dortmund for £33.5m and to replace him I've bought in James Rodriguez. I also noticed that El Shaarawy had no back-up in the AML position so picked up Julian Draxler for £37m (£20m up front), and then replaced David Ospina with young German keeper Timo Horn. Squad looking incredibly strong and hoping to add the Champions League to the trophy cabinet.

Strongest XI going into season 3:

-----------------------------Cech------------------------------

----Mayke---------Stones--------Balanta--------Silva----

----------------------Bender--------Ramsey-----------------

--Alexis------------------James------------------El Shaarawy---

---------------------------Valencia------------------------------

Ozil, after a fairly average season has been sold, moving to Dortmund for £33.5m

Ozil is a freak if you set the tactics up correctly. I've always struggled with him in a 4231, also as a AP-S with a DLF-S in front of him, but in my 3421 as a treq the guy's unbelievable. I'm working on getting him performing as I'd like to bring Wilshere into the role eventually. I think you'll have similar results from Rodriguez in your set-up tbh. I've had Wilshere, Özil, Götze all play as AP-S in a similar set-up to yours and always had very average results with them. Unless he scores a bunch of long shots + free-kicks I can say with some confidence you'll be disappointed with Rodriguez and I think the problem lies in your set-up rather than on Özil.

I'd say that there is a problem with ratings for pure playmakers (like a AP/s is). If they rarely score, but provide loads of precision passes, they're not rated properly. Only if one of those passes end up being an assist do they get rating credit for their work (but much less than a goal would). It's more often a flaw with the game's rating system rather than with the player's performance. There are similar problems with the ratings for a lot of other positions/roles in FM. Watch the matches, sod the ratings.

• 2 weeks later...

So, with FM 2016 on the horizon any thoughts on squad upgrades or downgrades? I think Monreal and Bellerin will be the biggest improvers but I think Welbeck, Arteta, Cazorla and Ramsey may not be as good. This might be the first FM game in years where Gooners aren't immediately scouting for defenders.

As for transfer funds, I reckon we'll have a kitty of about £60m this year given the lack of summer activity. I'm already plotting which DM and STs I'm going to bring in. Here's hoping that Javi Martinez' alleged unhappiness at Bayern is reflected in the game. He could be a lot if people's first signing if that is the case.

So, with FM 2016 on the horizon any thoughts on squad upgrades or downgrades? I think Monreal and Bellerin will be the biggest improvers but I think Welbeck, Arteta, Cazorla and Ramsey may not be as good. This might be the first FM game in years where Gooners aren't immediately scouting for defenders.

As for transfer funds, I reckon we'll have a kitty of about £60m this year given the lack of summer activity. I'm already plotting which DM and STs I'm going to bring in. Here's hoping that Javi Martinez' alleged unhappiness at Bayern is reflected in the game. He could be a lot if people's first signing if that is the case.

Agreed Bellerin is quicker then theo don't know if it's reflected in game also think Cech needs an upgrade iirc his attributes aren't Great imo Giroud needs a downgrade also theo needs ppm places shots

Archived