FM15: Arsenal FC

JEinchy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised at the number of people selling Campbell. I'm only in pre-season but he's playing better than Sanchez at the moment. 3 goals in 3 games.

Transfers. Scheinderlin £18m, Depay £10m and Balanta £8m. Tempted with Samper but trying to offload Rosicky first. Might try to buy him now and loan him out as I'm out of Squad places for the ECL.

Well, after doing an update last night what appeared to be a feasible tactic just stopped completely and I got smashed 5-1 by Hull (at least I'm blaming it on the update :p)

So this morning before work I started again, I'm still unsure that I'm gonna use the Beta as a base for a career save anyway at this point.

So far just been looking at staff, and placed a bid for Granit Xhaka and Reus (just to see what happens more than anything as he's injured). Looking for a new CB, think it's down to Subotic, but not sure whether to go for someone younger instead - I have a whole day to contemplate as I'm at work - but would welcome suggestions.

Also, really interested to see how everyone is getting the best out of Ramsey, as didn't have any joy as RPM or BBM in my first attempt.

Well, after doing an update last night what appeared to be a feasible tactic just stopped completely and I got smashed 5-1 by Hull (at least I'm blaming it on the update :p)

So this morning before work I started again, I'm still unsure that I'm gonna use the Beta as a base for a career save anyway at this point.

So far just been looking at staff, and placed a bid for Granit Xhaka and Reus (just to see what happens more than anything as he's injured). Looking for a new CB, think it's down to Subotic, but not sure whether to go for someone younger instead - I have a whole day to contemplate as I'm at work - but would welcome suggestions.

Also, really interested to see how everyone is getting the best out of Ramsey, as didn't have any joy as RPM or BBM in my first attempt.

For a slightly different CB than the usual suspects I recommend Dragovic highly, Mertesacker was out injured for 2-3 months and so he started almost every game and was very good for £9M. Ramsey plays okay as a box to box in my game but not great, was thinking of trying a 4-2-3-1 but with ozil as a adv support and rambo as a CM-A but Ozil is tremendous with more attacking responsibility.

Will do a season update once I finish my first season should be a day or two!

For a slightly different CB than the usual suspects I recommend Dragovic highly, Mertesacker was out injured for 2-3 months and so he started almost every game and was very good for £9M. Ramsey plays okay as a box to box in my game but not great, was thinking of trying a 4-2-3-1 but with ozil as a adv support and rambo as a CM-A but Ozil is tremendous with more attacking responsibility.

Will do a season update once I finish my first season should be a day or two!

Thanks for that, I'll have a look at him later, still very much in the scouting process at the moment.

I'm gonna pay a lot more attention during pre-season this time around as I really want a tactic that works. Always tend to come back to 4-2-3-1 as it best suits the players we have but never seem to get the right combination of roles/instructions/both

Thanks for that, I'll have a look at him later, still very much in the scouting process at the moment.

I'm gonna pay a lot more attention during pre-season this time around as I really want a tactic that works. Always tend to come back to 4-2-3-1 as it best suits the players we have but never seem to get the right combination of roles/instructions/both

I always struggle with Arsenal and a 4-2-3-1 and initially I was struggling but now I have settled on something I hardly tweak at all, will post it at end of season!

A 4-2-3-1. Two Inside Forwards flanking an Advanced Playmaker, spearheaded by an Advanced Forward. I usually get one of my full backs to go forward, too. Creates some good play down the sides and gets my wide players involved a lot.

Like a few people, though, I'm not getting the most out of Ramsey in a B2B role. Good average rating, but assists, goals, pass success and average amount of tackles way too low.

After 2 years away from FM, I (finally!) have got back on the team bus to start my usual Arsenal game. Have you guys revamped your backroom or do you find that just a couple of additions to scouting/coaching will suffice?

SI, it's good to be back.

A 4-2-3-1. Two Inside Forwards flanking an Advanced Playmaker, spearheaded by an Advanced Forward. I usually get one of my full backs to go forward, too. Creates some good play down the sides and gets my wide players involved a lot.

Like a few people, though, I'm not getting the most out of Ramsey in a B2B role. Good average rating, but assists, goals, pass success and average amount of tackles way too low.

Interesting, the tactic I had laid out this morning (IIRC, I was somewhat bleary eyed, but committed to the cause even before work) had Arteta in a DLP(D) with Rambo alongside in a B2B support (in the CM berth), but was also considering a CM(D) to partner him as a DLP(S) or RMP(S) (again as CM's rather than DMs), so I shall experiment and report back.

After 2 years away from FM, I (finally!) have got back on the team bus to start my usual Arsenal game. Have you guys revamped your backroom or do you find that just a couple of additions to scouting/coaching will suffice?

SI, it's good to be back.

First off, welcome back.

I've pretty much followed JEinchy's advice at the top for who to let go, although IMO it may be worth asking the board for some extra coaches to stop complaints about insufficient attention in training - Paul Scholes is unattached and worth a look.

Despite Reus' clause, I'm unable to get him to agree to move to me. Even with me offering as high as possible, he's still unsure about it. How has everyone else managed to get him?

If you chat to him first, then you can bring his wages down by around 20-30%

had a RealMadrid save where I got him to agree to 210k per week, and (with chat) got him as low as 160k (but possibly lower)

The problem with Reus isn't the wages (if you play around with the wage/transfer budget slider, you can get to around 200k easily) but he feels that the club isn't ambitious enough. Admittedly this is when I selected qualifying for the CL as my season goal so maybe he'll be more satisfied if I try selecting title winner at the start of the season.

Just finished my first season with Arsenal. Overall it was a wonderful year. We pretty much steamrolled through the league, winning with 100 points at the end (Liverpool was 2nd with 79). We also repeated the FA cup win. In Europe, we got to the quarterfinal, but sadly got knocked out by Bayern in the most heartbreaking fashion (more on that later).

Here are some info:

Transfers:

In:

JZkhIbw.png?1

• Bender, Balanta, and Nkoulou are obviously to address our defensive concerns.
  • I'm a bit ambivalent about Bender. He didn't have a bad season, but not great either, which is what I'd expect from a £20M signing. Hopefully he got himself settled in and performed better next season.
  • Both Balanta and Nkoulou are young, but are already performing very well, Balanta gave away a few penalties, but hopefully he gets better as he matures.
  • Gil Romero was signed as a replacement for Arteta, as he's no longer cutting it at this level. He was loaned back until the end of December, and performed pretty well for the second half of the season.
  • I actually tried to take advantage of Reus' £20M clause, but he refused to come despite me trying to convince him. Shaqiri became available in January, so I snapped him up instead for £22M. Not a bad alternative as he proved to be a great signing and a definite improvement on Podolski.
  • Munir got an offer for a new contract from Barca, so I had no choice but to sign him in Jan to take advantage of his £10.25 clause. So far it looks like he'll become a great player and another classic Barca steal.
  • Silva is a replacement for Monreal. I felt that I overpaid a bit for him, since he's already moved to Sporting by the time I tried to get him. They wouldn't take anything less than £15 even though his actual value at the time was less than a million. Either way, he should become a better player than Gibbs after a few seasons and take over the first team role.

Total: £82M

Out:

2goRXJb.png

I basically tried to clear out any deadweights or players who are too old to contribute. Probably could've gotten more for Podolski, but no one else was interested when I tried to sell him.

Total: £38M

Season Highlights:

Arsenal 1-1 Man City (Community Shield): Not sure how we stole this one from City. They had 15 shots on target vs our 3, they even have 53% possession. In the end, we won 5-4 on penalties, signalling a great season to come.

Arsenal 5-4 Chelsea (A): One of many memorable games against Chelsea. This game was played on New Year, and was Shaqiri's first game for us. Remy and Shaqiri both scored hattricks, and Ozil scored a penalty.

Arsenal 3-5 Chelsea (A) / Arsenal 3-2 Chelsea (H) (Cap One Cup Semi Final): Man, this one was a bit upsetting. Lost pretty badly in the first away leg and needed to win by 2 goals at home. We actually was about to do that until we gave away a penalty at the 82nd minute, no prob, still winning by away goals. But then that same douche Remy scored the winning goal in the 92nd min. Oh well, at least it was only Capital One Cup. Chelsea went on to win the whole thing, but that's okay because...

Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea (A) / Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea (H) (Champions League Qtr Final): This one was sweet. After the previous defeat, we came back with a vengeance for a competition that actually matters. After this game I gave an interview that "we broke Chelsea." They went on to finish 5th in the league and Mou got sacked :lol:. What more, he was replaced by Pep :lol::lol::lol:.

Arsenal 1-1 Bayern (H) / Arsenal 4-5 Bayern (A) (Champions League Semi Final): Ugh, this was truly heartbreaking. We drawn 1-1 at home, which wasn't a great result and I was already resigned to the fact that this was probably over. On 2nd leg, we pretty much sealed our fate by conceding 3 goals in the first half. I screamed at my team during halftime, asking them were the passion is. Second half, a miracle happened. Welbeck pegged one back right away at the 45th minute. Boateng then gifted us an own goal at 47th, Ozil added one mofre at 54, and Alexis sealed the deal at 61. Holy ****, this is happening. We've actually came back from a 3 goal deficit to beat Bayern at home!!! Nope. In the exact same way Chelsea robbed us of a win in the Capital One Cup semi final, Gotze scored at the 84th minute and Muller finished us off at the 91st. Sufficed to say, I was completely gutted. Oh well, at least we came this far, and there's always next year.

Arsenal 3-0 Southampton (FA Cup Final): A great way to end the season as Double champions.

Summary:

• Welbeck is awesome, as is Giroud. I was originally planning on selling Giroud and replacing him with someone better, but because he did so well this season I think I'll just keep them both.
  • Arteta, Rosicky, and Diaby have been rotting in my U21 team for the 2nd half of the season. They'll all be leaving at the next transfer window.
  • Cazorla wanted an improved contract and is demanding £150k a week!! Yeah, no. He'll probably be sold at the next window also.
  • In this version, players seem to attempt long range through balls a lot more, which works out perfectly with out pacey wingers and Welbeck. This is probably a big reason we did so well.
  • Surprisingly, I didn't have to deal with too many injuries. Players occasionally got injured but we've always had adequate covers.
  • I'm not exactly sure how to satisfy the "Play Possession Football" philosophy, since I have "Retain Possession" shout active on all my tactics and we usually end the game with 60% possession, yet I'm still only at 56% confidence . Maybe a bug?
  • I'm not a fan of the new tactics page. It's now much harder to figure out who's playing which position, and the tactic map doesn't have any useful info on it. It was much better back in FM14 and I hope they fix this on the final release.
  • It seems a bit harder to keep players fit compared to FM14. I never had anyone with 100% match fitness (they seem to max out at 99%), and it goes down pretty quickly.
  • Offense is the best Defense, it seems like. I have much better results with attacking tactics rather than a defensive one.
  • One little weird thing. Wenger got a new job at Roma, and he kept getting interviewed about how he feels that his old team has "struggled a bit" since he left. This was after we'd already won the league, got to the semi final of the champions league, and the final of the FA cup :rolleyes:. Maybe another bug?
  • Now that the team is pretty well balanced, I'll probably focus more on bringing in good youth players in the next window.

Overall, I like FM15 better than the previous versions. The interface and 3D match look a lot better, and the new additions are nice. There are a few bugs and interface oddities here and there, but I hope those will be fixed by release. I'm looking forward to another awesome season with the Gunners!

How do people get the best out of Ramsey on FM?

I replicated Simeone's 4-4-2 with Atletico Madrid and used Ramsey and Wilshere as wide playmakers.

Both finished the season with over 20 assists.

Transfers In:

Umtiti - £7.5M

Kongdogbia - £25M

Alaba - £45M (worth every penny)

Transfers Out:

Ozil - £32.5M - Chelsea

Cazorla £20.5M - Liverpool

Formation: Flat 4-4-2 - Counter - Fluid

Team Instructions:

pass shorter

play out of defence

exploit the middle

play narrower

push higher up

close down more

get stuck in

Lineup:

GK - Szceszny - sweeper keeper - defend

LFB - Alaba - full back - attack

LCB - Umtiti - centre half - defend

RCB - Koscielny - centre half - defend

RFB - Debuchy - full back - attack

LM - Wilshere - wide playmaker - support

LCM - Kongdogbia - deep-lying playmaker - defend

RCM - Flamini - central midfielder - defend

RM - Ramsey - wide playmaker - support

LCF - Welbeck - complete forward - support

RCF - Sanchez - deep-lying forward - support

sirfletch2006: Very interesting. Can you supply some more details?

How did you utilize chambo, özil, giroud ( i guess in both forward roles depending on who was out). Did you use Gibbs at all? Arteta?

Edit: Re-read that you sold Özil, sorry.

How did you change the fonts on the attributes?

preferences, interface, skin colours, then you can change the colour scheme (and what the limit for them are)

worth noting that in my save, Balanta signed a new deal on August 2, with a MFRC of 8.25m - might be the same for you

sirfletch2006: Very interesting. Can you supply some more details?

How did you utilize chambo, özil, giroud ( i guess in both forward roles depending on who was out). Did you use Gibbs at all? Arteta?

Edit: Re-read that you sold Özil, sorry.

Ozil and Cazorla were sold, really didnt suit the philosophy.

I used Oxlade as the right sided playmaker, hes pretty good there but not as good as Ramsey, probably due to his inferior mental stats and lack of vision.

Gibbs is also very good in the full back slot but like real life was constantly injured.

I didnt use Giroud much, lack of dribbling and agility. Atletico use a target man in real life but I couldnt get him to work in that role.

Both strikers have roam from position and move into channels to compensate for the lack of width, Sanchez and Welbeck are both suited to that and luckily never got injured.

Also used Arteta out wide as a playmaker, he covered at MC but I preferred Flamini's superior aggression and positioning.

preferences, interface, skin colours, then you can change the colour scheme (and what the limit for them are)

I know that mate I meant the actual font not the colours (Like times new roman and comic sans etc. My number 11 on any attribute page is really thin if that makes sense and makes it look awful. Thought there may of been a folder with different fonts in so we could pick.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

End of 3rd season and good old Chips retires and who takes over?

Only the one and Only Mike Ashley.

Surely it can only go downhill from here.

First thing he did was delist from the stock exchange.

I think if this happens in my save, i am going to abandon ship D:

So it would seem my most reliable midfield is DLP(d) and BBM (s) behind RMD (s) T (a) IF (a) (left to right)

I'm yet to see any evidence of high scoring games yet but still in pre-season, but defence seems alot more screened this time around.

Followed JEinchy's advice and went for Dragovic, and brought in Xhaka to be Arteta's long term replacement as Goretzka has a long term injury, may look into him again later in the save though (if this one has a bot more distance).

Quite happy with the attacking options for now though. Had a bid for Reus accepted but he wouldn't talk terms despite my attempts at persuasion (great little feature) so will continue to monitor the market, have Shaqiri and Munir shortlisted as well so will see how they progress.

big problem i have encountered is players wanting to leave. I had Szczesny asked to leave as PSG were rumoured to be interested in him.It stated that he wanted more 1st team football even though he played every game except league cup ones. There was no bid from them. Eventually they cooled their interest and he stated that he would stay so I managed to secure him with a longer contract.

Then Gibbs wanted to leave for Citeh so he could win a champions league medal as he thought he wouldn't at Arsenal.

Both doublful problems in real life no?

90fb2434-4b4b-433a-a5d7-e846a86df102_zps4f2a73f9.jpg

August Report

arsenal1_zps814cf6c0.jpg

Here are my first 11 for my two tactics:

GK: Szczesny , GK-D

RB: Debuchy , FB-D

RCB: Koscielny , CD-D

LCB: Mertesacker , CD-D

LB: Gibbs FB-D

MCR: Bender , CM-D

MCL: Wilshere , AP-S

AMR: Alexis , IF-A *

AML: Ozil ,W-S

STCR: Welbeck , P-A

STCL: Giroud , TM-A

* Instructions of Shoot More Often & Dribble More

Team Instructions: Retain Possession , Shorter Passing , Work Ball Into Box , Clear Ball To Flanks , Hit Early Crosses , Run At Defence , Roam , Lower Tempo , Be More Expressive.

Mentality: Control Team Shape: Flexiable

GK: Szczesney , GK-D

RWB: Sagna , FB-D

RCB: Koscielny , CD-D

LCB: Merteacker , CD-D

LB: Gibbs , FB-D

MCR: Bender , CM-D

MCL Wilshere AP-S

AML: Ozil , W-S

AMCR: Alexis , T-A

STCR: Welbeck P-A

STCL: Giroud TM-A

Team Instruction: Retain Possession , Shorter Passing , Clear Ball To Flanks , Hit Early Crosses , Run At Defence , Roam From Position , Be More Creative , Stay On Feet

Mentality: Control , Team Shape: Flexible

October's been and gone. Started the month with a slightly disappointing 0-0 draw at Anfield; disappointing because Liverpool were in poor form and hadn't won at home all season, while we had at least three one-on-one's that neither Alexis or Podolski could put away. We followed that with a 5-1 dismantling of Newcastle. Joel Campbell put Newcastle ahead with a 25 yard screamer (his first goal for them, of course) but we roared back with two goals from Chamberlain and Podolski before Welbeck rounded off the scoring in the last minute. A scrappy 2-1 win at Hull, despite putting in one of our worst displays this season, ended the month.

So still going along well in the league eight wins and one draw from our first nine games. We haven't played the strongest of teams, so there're stiffer tests to come.

Not going so well in the Champions League. Anderlecht beat us 3-2 in Belgium, with all three of their goals coming from mistakes from my centre backs. Seems that defenders always seem to derp out whenever they're going back towards their own goal and it cost me in this game. One win, one draw and one loss means there's little room for error in our remaining three games.

We're through to the quarter-finals of the COC after beating Swansea 3-0 at home.

Podolski and Giroud currently leading the scoring charts with seven each, while Welbeck and Chamberlain follow up with six each. Ozil has been fantastic with 9 assists and an average rating of 7.74.

I'm glad that I have Walcott back fit again as Alexis got a 6 week injury playing for Chile. Second time this has happened to me this season after Welbeck got a month long injury during the last break.

has anyone tried jack as deep play maker defend and rambo as box to box..will that 2 in a 4-2-3-1 work as the middle 2? tempted to try it, finding it hard to get the right CM, as I dont want to go bender since I have had him in all my past games, trying to see if I can wait to next summer and price away pogba

Right so I can't be hooped doing an entire season review right now since I doubt I will carry this save over for any length of time. For those who asked here is my tactic.

GK- Sweeper Keeper Support

DL- Wingback Attack

DR- Wingback Support

CB- Defend

CB- Defend

CMr- DLP-D

CMl- B2B

AML- Inside Support

AMC- Adv Attack

AMR- Inside Attack

ST- Deep Support

Control- Flexible

Shorter Passing, Pass Into Space, Work Ball into box, play out of defence, play higher up and close down more.

This set up won me the league and FA cup but saw me get pumped badly by Bayern in the CL.

Seems to be working just as well second season. Play Alexis on the right wing and he will score a shed load for you, AML is woeful in this tactic till I purchased an absolute bargain in Yarmolenko for £3.5M in January, he has had a serious upgrade this FM.

If you chat to him first, then you can bring his wages down by around 20-30%

had a RealMadrid save where I got him to agree to 210k per week, and (with chat) got him as low as 160k (but possibly lower)

What did you men by having a chat with him first?

I can't see any option to do this. Do you mean declare interest or negotiate with his agent?

What did you men by having a chat with him first?

I can't see any option to do this. Do you mean declare interest or negotiate with his agent?

when you have the offer accepted, you can chat to see demands, or just offer contract

obviously only with players that aren't really interested, so you can talk them round

To people who seek for replacement of Podolski/Santi, 1st team ready Left winger,

this guy might be your 1st choice, he is literally my left wing version of Alexis Sanchez.

10 goals 6 assists in 8 league appearances with no save/load to win mentality involved.

got him for 7.5m, demanded 88k per week(probably could go much lower here, scout report is 4xk~9x range)

bIMRDSJ.png

His former teammate -- Denys Garmash is pretty awesome as well if you want a cheap, solid all-round DM,CM to replace Flamini or Arteta, i didn't get him though since i already bought Kongdogbia(29m) and Lucas Romero(7m), but he is much better than them currently(and doubt they could develop into a better CM than him)

The most shocking part is, he costed 7m~12m and demands 8k~12k wage only, in my opinion it is a must get for serious save, the only bad part about him is couldn't tutor and is not a good tutor due to balance personality.

Aww2p6A.png

I've just finished my first season in-charge of Arsenal on FMC. Finished a distant second in the league to Manchester United who led virtually all season long. Also got knocked out of both the COC and FA Cup in the semi-finals by Manchester City and Chelsea respectively. However I did manage to win the UCL beating Real Madrid in the final! Signings wise like many of you I brought in Khedira, Schneiderlin and Nkoulou to offer the team a modicum of defensive stability. Nkoulou was simply fantastic all season long playing in virtually every game - only downside was that he jetted off to the ANC for a month in January. Likewise Khedira has been awesome as well, and is one of the first names on the team-sheet. I've provided some screenshots below:

img.jpg

w.jpg

u.jpg

imggg.jpg

j.jpg

imgg.jpg

has anyone tried jack as deep play maker defend and rambo as box to box..will that 2 in a 4-2-3-1 work as the middle 2?

I used Wilshere and Ramsey like that first season. Attacking 4 was following:

Complete forward Support (Giroud, Welbeck)

AML Raumdeuter (Podolski, Cazorla) AMC Att PM (Özil, Cazorla) AMR Wing Sup (Walcott, Sanchez)

I’m not proud but I’ve abandoned my Arsenal save and gone back to the day before the start of the EPL season.

After hammering Man City 5-0 in the Charity Shield we scraped a win against Stoke then drew 0-0 against LOSC in the Euro qualifier.

Then it all went very bad.

Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Podolski, Koscielny, Szczesny, Gibbs, Mertesacker and Ozil joined Walcott, Ospina & Diaby on the treatment table. In the 2nd leg against LOSC Martinez tried his best in goal but with Balanta going off injured after 20 mins and Flamini playing centre back behind a makeshift midfield of Coq and the Ox we were dispatched from the Champions League 4-0, Martinez then got injured in training and faced with Tottenham at White Hart Lane without a keeper, I chickened-out.

Has anyone else had bad injury problems?

Archived