FM15: Arsenal FC

JEinchy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone help me with my arsenal game pls pls?! Feeling fking frustrated as im not being able to win a single game so far. Using control, team instructions of retain possession, pass into space, work ball in to box, hassle opponents, push higher up and shorter passing

Come start a thread in the tactics forum, post up your whole team selection, roles and duties and we'll help you out.

Latest update doesn't seem to have affected my tactic, still winning all my matches so that's good. Don't really notice the improvements in AI behaviour yet.

No repeat of the 36 win 2 draw season though, single blip losing to Liverpool 2-0, in December now and have been winning all my other games.

I did a arsenal save on fm13 and really enjoyed it so i was thinking its time for me to do it again can anyone give me advice in terms of where i should look to strengthen and who

Difficult to tell you where to strengthen without knowing what formation you'll be playing. Central defence is always an area that will need improvement though in my opinion.

Can someone help me with my arsenal game pls pls?! Feeling fking frustrated as im not being able to win a single game so far. Using control, team instructions of retain possession, pass into space, work ball in to box, hassle opponents, push higher up and shorter passing

]

Just from looking at that can see a few issues. Retain possession and pass into space are at a juxtaposition to one another. Simply having shorter passing insiutates a passing game like real life. Furthermore, I usually like to couple push higher up with an offside trap if you fancy dancing with the devil in regards to Per's lack of pace.

H3fX8yu.png

This is my usual set up. Keeping it simple. If I want to shut up shop, I change to a below-standard mentality and add a combination of Retain Possession, be more disciplined. Depending on the tightness of the game sometimes go with stick to positions, much lower tempo, waste time, drop deeper and get rid of close down more and offside trap.

A brief update on my save. Abandoned the 4-1-4-1 project pretty early on, before 10 games if I remember correctly. It just wasn't getting me results. Went straight into a 4-2-3-1 and rose to 2nd in the league, where I've remained in the wake of Chelsea's dominance. Key players are performing well for me. Walcott and Ozil when fit are fantastic. Ramsey has been the midfield maestro he showed he was last season IRL, despite his lack of goals, frequently runs the games. Ox won the Golden Boy award with his performances on the right flank and at central midfield.

On the negative side, Cazorla and Wilshere have been very poor. Rarely contribute and they usually languish around the 6.5 mark every game (or lower) and results with them being hauled off! Wilshere failed to learn the LB position at all which spells the end of the Alaba-like conversion I wanted.

Just continued passed the conclusion of the January Transfer window where we were moderately active. Out went Diaby and Coquelin to Fulham for a combined £5m. I plugged a number of gaps in the squad without resorting to the common players (Balanta, the Romero's etc.). I also only attempt to sign players I've never had before on any FM. In came Pedro Obiang for £6.25m from Sampdoria, he looks exactly like a young Arteta with some strength although I need to work on quickness with him. I also brought in Mateo Musacchio from Villarreal for £13.75m, he's not the world beater like Balanta or Varane, but he's solid enough to provide rotation. With the obvious weaknesses in the squad addressed I signed some luxury players. I signed a promossing defensive midfielder Llorente from Real Madrid on loan, although this comes with a £30m signing fee which is astronomical for a 17 year old, but if he develops as he should be could be a staple in front of the back four for a decade. Also signed Lucas Pratto from Velez for a deal worth £6.25m. He became fantastic on FM14 IIRC, and he's rated as one of the top players at the club. Got a shade of Tevez about him being a work house with flair, finishing and physicals of a world class player.

I think I may have just had my best ever first season on FM. Started again after the latest patch.

Haven't yet played Fa Cup Final vs Man City or ECL final vs Shakhtar (beat Chelsea 5-0 in the Ukraine in the semi!), so may not get the quad, BUT

I have won every single game bar the ECL semi second leg at the Nou Camp, where Messi got a hat-trick (10-7 on Aggregate!).

For whatever reason a couple of tactical tweaks and ramping up the Opposition Instructions (and of course lots of squad rotation to ensure fitness) has been incredible right from game 1. I assumed the form would drop off, but bar a few tight games (against easy opponents it has to be said) in Dec & Jan, its been largely a cakewalk. My league campaign was helped by imajor injuries to Fabregas, RVP, Rooney, Aguero and Yaya, meaning some of my most testing games have been less testing than they might.

But I have never had a team on any version playing like this. Ended up EPL with 114 points and a GD of +128!!!

Right from day 1 Ozil and Wellbeck were on fire (21 goals, 13 assists, 8.43 in 32 games & 36 goals, 20 assists, 8.10 in 29 games the EPL alone), and crucially both stayed fit. Walcott was equally amazing once back in the squad.

Playing Ozil as a Treq may have put more pressure on the midfield, but what a difference it made. quite apart from the amazing stats above he played 222 key passes in the EPL - 140 more than anyone else. And ramping up the OI meant so many goals late on.

Best results: 7-3 vs Barcelona at home (including walcott and welbeck in injury time); 8-1 vs Aston Villa at home (rare start up front for Podolski - hat trick within 27 mins; 7-0 at home vs Newcastle (4 for Welbz); 6-1 away at Swansea (3 Welbz, 2 for Ozil); 8-0 (h) vs Leicester (ozil hat-trick); 4-0 away at Man City & 5-2 at home to Chelsea.

Only significant signings: Phil Jones (28.5 over 478 months the day they bought Vertonghen), Tielemans (12m over 48 months), Balanta (7.25m); Gago (2m over 48 months); Sisto 2.5m; Traore from barca (for his small release - can't rememeber) and Coentrao from Madrid in Jan for 5.75m. The rest were kids or freebies or super to allow squad rotation in cups.

got 8.75 for Monreal from Sevilla and Monaco took flamini off me for 4.9, and Joel Campbell for what will add up to 26m!!! Didn't want sell him, but seeing as that paid for half my signings....flogged a few other early freebies (bandalovski, Merida, Emeghara etc for upwards of a total of 25m in Jan so now have more budget than I started with.

Tielemnas and Traore and Sisto have exceeded all exectations and have massively improved with tutoring..mostly cup games with the odd easy home league fixture, but gosh

Traore - 13 games, 8 goals, 9 assists, 8.04

Tielelmans - 15 games, 7 goals, 7 assists 8.24 from central midfield.

Sisto - 16 games, 9 goals, 10 assits 8.05

Also got Odegaard to become the youngest ever EPL scorer off the bench in the final game of the season which was fun.

Its the introduction of these kids (plus a few appearances for Akpom, Gnabry, Belleren, martinez etc) which will help me maintain my enthusiasm, so the likes of Cazorla, Rosicky, Giroud etc may leave this summer, or if not next. Want to keep a fairly settled squad now (along with a couple of great bosmans), unless I can pick up the likes of Pogba, Cavani etc for less than usual. As AW would say 'top, top, quality'.

Happy to upload screenies if people can reccomend a good free host. All my old haunts have started charging or have gone...

I also love how different a season can be from game to game. In my last one it was Giroud and Sanchez who were my best players, and I scored about 70 less goals in all competitions but had a tighter defence.

This time round Utd had the lowest goals total in the top half. Falcao got 1 goal in 17 games for them!!! But then the usually hopeless Soldado got 16 as Pocchetino fell out with Adebayor.

Southampton kept injury free and finished 3rd, 1 point ahead of Man City!

Liverpool were wildly inconsistent swinging from great runs at the start and end of season to a complete xmas colllapse.

3 points separated 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th & 10th...with the first 3 sorted by goal difference alone.

Going into the final game in Spain Real, Athletico & Barca have a point separating them. Hoffenheim won the bundesliga by a point ahead of an injury destroyed Bayern who sacked Pep. Psg & Juve owned their leagues.

title.png

Nice way to win the title, beating your rivals at home and lifting the trophy infront of them!

End of season update 2014/15!

aprilmay.png

So here are my results for April and May. Disappointed to lose to Newcastle because I dominated the game but my league form has been excellent so can't complain to much. Here's a look at the league table.

league.png

Won it comfortably in the end after Chelsea had a slump in form in their last few games. Very happy with a 95 points total. City were the big underachievers. Might see if I can nick Aguero off them now they're not in Europe. Other than that, no major surprises. May look at bringing in Jack Grealish now that Villa have gone down too!

Player Performances

Danny Welbeck was my top scorer and netted 26 times in all competitions, but 25 of them were in the league. That was enough for him to win the top scorer in the league. He also picked up premier league player of the year with an average rating of 7.61 in the league.

Jack Wilshere won premier league young player of the year having scored 7 goals and had an average rating of 7.22 in the league from a central midfield role.

All of my players, even those who played a bit-part role, finished with average ratings above 7. Notable mentions go to Walcott who was awesome when he came back from injury and chipped in with 17 goals, Alexis Sanchez who chipped in with 23 goals and finally Phil Jones, who had an average rating of over 7.5 in all competitions in his first season for us.

Moving forward....

So onto the new season. Transfer-wise I'll be looking for release Diaby. Also want to sell Sanogo and Jenkinson who are not part of my plans. Will look to loan a lot of the youngsters out again to get experience. Reus will be joining soon so that'll probably be my only marquee signing unless a big name becomes available.

I'm confused by the clubs' world reputation. Anyone with a clue how it works?

Everton (who I think was taken over by a sugardaddy) all of a sudden leapfrog to 2nd behind Barcelona in world reputation. They haven't won any competition, their highest finish was 2nd in the Premier League 5 years ago.

Meanwhile I've won 7/7 Premier League titles and 4/7 Champions League titles and Arsenal is only ranked 9th.

Is this a bug?

Have any of you had experience in signing Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar?? im in my second season and have signed pogba and have aguero coming in January. I have had a transfer offer accepted for ronaldo but i could talk him into looking at a contract offer. have 180mil (australian) to spend and 70mil (australian) in waged left over; really wanted one of those big 3 players :(

bf097613-79f4-453c-843f-72bbde684679_zps6e4bc9d1.jpg

May/End Of Season Report

02/05/16 | Barclays Premier League | Anfield

TEAM: GK: Ruddy 7.4 RB: Stones 8.2 RCB: Dede© 7.5 LCB: Doria 9 LB: Gibbs 8.3 MCR: Kondogbia 7.8( Ramsey 74/6.8) MCL: Wilshere 8.9 AMR: Alexis 9 (Welbeck 74/7.4) AML: Oxlade-Chamberlain 9( Walcott 79) STCR: Munir 10(MoM) STCL: Giroud 7.4

Arsenal 6 ( Munir 18 & 26 & PEN 40 , & 73 , Welbeck 78 , Munir 84 | Assts: Wishere & Munir x1 , Alexis x2)

Liverpool 1 ( Balotelli 79)

05/05/16 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 7.3 RB: Juanfran 8.5 RCB: Vannucci 8.9 LCB: Doria 8.6 LB: Yenga 7.9 MCR: Arteta© 8.8 MCL: Long 6.4( Wilshere 45/6.9) AMR: Alexis 8.7 AML: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.6( Cazorla 57/7.8) STCR: Walcott 6.4( Munir 45/9.1 - MoM) STCL: Giroud 6.9

Arsenal 4 ( Arteta 59 , Vannucci 59 , Munir 79 & 85 | Assts: Alexis & Giroud & Munir & Cazorla x1)

Newcastle[0/B] ( Cabella Inj 42)

10/06/16 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 7.6 RB: Juanfran 7.6 RCB: Vannucci 7.8 LCB: Doria 7.5 LB: Gibbs 7.6 MCR: Arteta© 7 MCL: Long 6.8( Wilshere 24/6.8) AMR: Alexis 6.9( Munir 64/7.1) AML: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.7( Cazorla 68/8) STCR: Walcott 7 STCL: Giroud 7.9( MoM)

Arsenal 3 ( Giroud 10 , Long Inj 24 , Munir 68 , Cazorla 79 | Assts: Walcott & Giroud x1)

Ipswich Town 0 ( Woolford Inj 59)

21/05/16 | UEFA Champions League(Final) | San Siro

TEAM: GK: Ruddy 6.4 RB: Stones 6.5( Chambers 72/6.9) RCB: Dede© 7 LCB: Doria 6.9( Meresacker 90/6.9) LB: Gibbs 7 MCR: Kondogbia 7.4( Ramsey 84/6.9) MCL: Wilshere 9 AMR: Sterling 6.8 AML: Cazorla 8.1 STCR: Munir 7 STCL: Giroud 8.2

Arsenal 3 ( Kondogbia 15 , Munir MISS PEN 28 , Giroud 45 + 2 , Munir 62 | Assts: Wilsher & Sterling & Cazorla x1)

Barcelona 3 ( Suarez 6 , Macherano 18 , Suarez 67 , Busquets Inj 110)

PEN SHOOT-OUT

Arsenal 4 ( Wilshere , Munir , Giroud , Cazorla)

Barcelona 5 ( Rakitic , Messi , Pique , Suarez , Bartra)

d42b181c-cb38-4678-bdc8-d39091691e7d_zpsaaecfe70.jpg473f5e16-1fde-4bdc-921f-04ae792402bc_zps7d85ec7d.jpg

f58d53fc-d08a-449c-8296-ad3dd5e052b6_zps166f4b11.jpga5b46442-3a6d-4bf6-a783-96237fd9e6fb_zpsa188b8bc.jpg

3ef2404a-ea35-4b61-8536-3fc84b1ad724_zps78a04191.jpg

Have signed: Romero, Gomez, Stones, Meyer and Odegaard so far in my joint save with the other person being Man U. Unfortunately Koscielny broke his leg before the season even started. Not sure really if Stones, Mertesacker and Chambers is really going to be sufficient even with Monreal and Hayden covering there.

So in looking to sign a solution I have been left with the issue of whether to go for a more short term solution such as Ashley Williams or something more permanent which leaves me with an issue when Koscielny is fit

Super brief "4 seasons in" report. Very consistent league form although ultimately disappointing.

ScreenShot2014-12-15at135445_zps2297ae07.jpg

4 cup wins & a Champions League runner up medal, not bad.

ScreenShot2014-12-15at135510_zps9eacc4d4.jpg

Mario Götze was superb as a Centre Mid (Attack), a lot better than I expected.

ScreenShot2014-12-15at140623_zps42b25340.jpg

Lukaku the beast, I love him. Golden Boot, Player of the Year (dedicated to me, haha), perfect Centre Forward.

ScreenShot2014-12-15at140827_zps5c781297.jpg

Season 5 coming up and am switching to a 4-4-2, Mr U Rosler's new one. Should be interesting.

Have signed: Romero, Gomez, Stones, Meyer and Odegaard so far in my joint save with the other person being Man U. Unfortunately Koscielny broke his leg before the season even started. Not sure really if Stones, Mertesacker and Chambers is really going to be sufficient even with Monreal and Hayden covering there.

So in looking to sign a solution I have been left with the issue of whether to go for a more short term solution such as Ashley Williams or something more permanent which leaves me with an issue when Koscielny is fit

Balanta would be a good shout

Balanta would be a good shout

Yeah it is in effect Williams v Balanta. My issues with Balanta are that he leaves me with an issue after this season in terms of finding him a spot as 5 CBs is a ridiculous amount and I had him last year but he is great again seemingly

Yeah it is in effect Williams v Balanta. My issues with Balanta are that he leaves me with an issue after this season in terms of finding him a spot as 5 CBs is a ridiculous amount and I had him last year but he is great again seemingly

Personally I would give Isaac Hayden a shout, problem solved then dude. He's decent. Or Joe Gomez from Charlton.

Finished my firt season. Was very good but should be better.

8EA8BF790AB240A735C77C3A95D4C998DBF5AC69

1B9BB128258A0B20125513A6397FF9482EB90895

40DF255D3A226EA1094EF1347230CEB5401EE792

4F4C0A2D67B0AC1F165C4A096B6FDD6FC04B3DF0

Ramsey was the player of the season but i think Chamberlain was better.

355FC260DEDF177C275ABBF91C641A3B209804A2

39B13F2AE595877D35B751E2EDEADE269AF1CC36

Sanchez was out for 4 months. Until that he was the better player of the team.

7E6E75AD308AC2A727211C36C327F14A769C9BC7

Welbeck played well but has that type of matches. All of you know him.

6F5F04FDF6ED223F70EBE96E170086C28D10C532

Sterling. For that price and 48 installments can't say no. And this happen when Sanchez was out so...

D3A7144417C144A166DC759E477226066083321D

And Munir. What a guy.

A12BAFE83F5200DF54A3646A13756E9DA82F9B1C

This was the first transfer window in January.

5551D7338A22E828EAEFC7D3A590218567C056CF

And this for the new season.

26F1CBAA46AC1B231B987AC1E76713186C669967

So this is the team for the new season. Plus Welbeck, Savitskly and Rajkovic.

B7328A39078E760C3A17991737902F0B80FC748A

I've just come into the January transfer window in my first season with Arsenal. Throughly enjoying the game and doing well on all fronts. I had pleasent surprise when the board offered that I can change my expectations and doing so gave me a huge transfer budget of £120 million.

Sergio Ramos and Cavani were bought in as luxuries realy but they add so much to my team.

Is anyone else struggling offloading the likes of Giroud and Walcott? I have Destro, Wellbeck, Cavani and Sanchez up front so they are surplus to requirements.

Haha, network game? That's some nice capture for you then. My players are all unhappy with the way I treated Dedé. So now teammorale is low, and trust me, you can really feel it in the performances. Very annoying, especially since it was for no reason at all. Players are nagging way too often in this version.

Is anyone else struggling offloading the likes of Giroud and Walcott? I have Destro, Wellbeck, Cavani and Sanchez up front so they are surplus to requirements.

You can usually sell Giroud for £30m after 1 or 2 seasons, but you need to have played him. I always keep HG/English players like Walcott for the Champions League requirements.

You can usually sell Giroud for £30m after 1 or 2 seasons, but you need to have played him. I always keep HG/English players like Walcott for the Champions League requirements.

Ah. I offered him out for 10 mil and still no luck. I'll give him a run in the first team and see if I can get some money for him. Callum Chambers is actually coming along really well but struggling to sign a decent left back. Any suggestions anyone??

Ah. I offered him out for 10 mil and still no luck. I'll give him a run in the first team and see if I can get some money for him. Callum Chambers is actually coming along really well but struggling to sign a decent left back. Any suggestions anyone??

The trick to getting top $$$ for players you want to get rid off in FM has always been to play them, and I sub them off in the 2nd half when their rating is high enough (for strikers usually when they score)

LBs, I'd try Dodo, Jonathan Silva, Nicola Murru, Jose Luis Gaya, see which one your scouts recommend

In my fifth season and after ONE league game five players have come to me about a lack of first team football?! A bug maybe?

Wilshere, Bellerin, Gnabry & 2 signed players.

Unhappiness over lack of first team football usually carries over from the previous season, newly signed players getting unhappy after 1 game is odd.

I have actually succeeded to buy Neymar from Barca. I don't exactly know how come, I did win the CL last season and was champion but it's still a mystery to me why he wanted to come. I'm close to a dreamteam right now. Also on a 41 match unbeaten streak in the league. :D.

Nice Ipinder. was trying to get Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar as i had 200mil Australian and finally got Neymar for 160 mil Aus (40 mil upfront and other payments). Really surprised they let him go and that he came.

so this just happened... sbvfBlF.png

didn't bother looking at the table the whole season so this took my by surprise

Blimey dude, 6 titles on the bounce (possibly more) are you not bored yet? I think that's why I'm still really interested in my save as I haven't won the league yet in 4 seasons (won 4 cups though)

Blimey dude, 6 titles on the bounce (possibly more) are you not bored yet? I think that's why I'm still really interested in my save as I haven't won the league yet in 4 seasons (won 4 cups though)

Kinda, that's why I finish seasons so fast, most of the stuff is left to my assistant manager by now, I'm more focused on signing new talents/regens in the off-season.

It also helps that I'm usually only playing on my 2nd monitor while I do other stuff and not focusing on FM primarily. I'll probably start a new lower league game when I have time to focus on it.

http://i.imgur.com/qdViyZw.png i'll upload a better pic with player roles in a sec, they're all on holiday so I can't fill the roles

team instructions

retain possession, pass into space, work ball into box, play out of defence, look for overlap, push higher up, roam from positions, close down more, use tighter marking, offside trap, prevent short gk distribution

Is this just Rock Solid from Christian Eriksen's tactic thread over on FM Base?

FM15 Season 1 February

Premier League

ARSENAL 4

Welbeck 18 Ramsey 40 Cazorla 56 61

MAN UTD 0

Falcao 21 missed/pen

Flattered us but a very pleasing win. Especially the clean sheet. United had 6 clear cut chances to our five. Chelsea drew against Liverpool meaning we lead the table on goal difference.

Premier League

ARSENAL 1

Cazorla 7

EVERTON 1

Lukaku 80

A very poor draw. We seemed to have done enough but Mertersacker was too slow to cope with Lukaku run and Everton earned a well earned draw at the Emirates.

Premier League

ASTON VILLA 1

Bacuna 3pen

ARSENAL 2

Cazorla 46 Podolski 66pen

It wasn’t looking too good when Villa took a 3rd minute lead. Luckily they faded after and we were able to respond. Cazorla maintaining his good form keeping Ozil out of the side.

FA Cup 5th Round

ARSENAL 2

Kiernan o.g 20 Giroud 74

WIGAN 1

Watson 87

We stuttered into the quarter final of the FA Cup. I named a mixed side wanting to get it done in one game. |We hit the bar three times and should’ve won by a much bigger margin.

Premier League

ARSENAL 3

Giroud 18 Cazorla 46 Welbeck 88

LEICESTER CITY 0

A good routine win before the first leg of the Champions league game. We had seven clear cut chances in the first half alone.

Premier League

ARSENAL 5

Giroud 6 Walcott 27 37 Koscielny 67 Ozil 75

GELSENKIRCHEN 1

Barnetta 35

An excellent start to the knockout stages. Should be comfortably through now. I played a deep line with their pacey trio of Boateng, Meyer and Draxler. However it was the clinical finishing at the other end that puts us into the quarter finals barring an embarrassment,. Only blotch was not selecting a sub keeper. Szszesny of course picked up a minor injury but had to keep on playing as I couldn’t take him off. He will now be out for two weeks.

League Table

Two big horses and a little horse.

1. Chelsea Played 27 Points 65

2. Arsenal Played 27 Points 63

3. Liverpool Played 27 Points 54

4. Man City Played 27 Points 53

5. Man Utd Played 28 Points 51

Other News

FA Cup Quarter-Final draw

Brighton vs ARSENAL

Cazorla was named player of the month. Young player went to Sterling while 3 wins and a draw made me manager of the month.

March preview

March starts with the League Cup final against Liverpool. We have 3 tricky away games in the league plus the FA Cup tie and Champions League game.

Also my first batch of FM15 regens come in. With nothing of note in the youth at the moment I will be eager to snap up the star names,

Archived