FM15: Arsenal FC

JEinchy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just getting ready for the start of season 2 and despite saying I wasn't going to make too many changes to the squad, having £90m to spend was just too tempting lol.

Despite splashing out £111m the net spend was only £25m :cool:

Transfers_TransferHistory-2_zps1e043771.png

Domenico Berardi has been an absolute beast for me up front. I have Carlos Fierro as back-up striker.

I managed Sassuolo before and i didn't use Berardi as striker, because i used 1 player upfront and in my experienced Zaza was better goalscorer than him, might look at him though, but doubt Juve will sell him cheaply

Giroud has been pretty good for me but if you're looking for a youngster to replace him, I signed Paco Alcacer. He's currently being tutored by Giroud but he looks like he could be a great long term replacement.

Well i don't know but Giroud has been scoreless in my save, the matter i want to sell him is that when i talked to him he always thought his performance wasn't that bad and i don't need prove why he should be in first team. I should use him in other role and try other formation if nobody arrive. But Paco seems good option.

Giroud (& Welbeck in rotation) have been brilliant for me. So much so that I had to fend off interest from Real Madrid in January.

Well i need to try other role/formation to make him better then

If you have offered £20m and they want £60m you will get him for £40m.

I have noticed that when you make an offer and the other team counter offer, you always end up agreeing a price bang in the middle of the two figures.

Still too much isn't it for Depay? And i don't have that amount of money atm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marco Reus isn't interested in joining us, Andre Schurle was tempted to join us when he got mad about lack of first team football at Chelsea ( I declare interested in him couple of times and he even make me as his favoured personnel ), but as Chelsea now 3rd and we're 4th, he doesn't interested in joining us :( Jackson Martinez is interested in joining us but Porto want 35m+ for him and at 28 yo i don't tempted to splash the cash for him. Might use Giroud more often then, and Walcott seems promising at upfront though he just recovered

I'm looking to start an Arsenal save, but I'm curious as to what staff people have brought in cause I'm yet to find a staff setup I'm happy with

I'm not usually one for changing my staff as soon as I arrive. I released one or two that weren't up to the job and brought in Steve Clarke and David Platt as coaches. That's it. I think the backroom staff here aren't too bad!

Wow, really impressive season for you. Impressive result against Dortmund too. I know what you mean about what to with the game now. Do you have any regens you wanna develop?

My average squad age is only around 26 I think, http://i.imgur.com/nEShChp.png, (the Fabio in there is a regen, Mayke is coming in as a RB) so there's not much room to develop regens in the first team. I'll probably just start a new game with some self-imposed rules on signings.

My usual playstyle is to sell my stars for big money when they hit 28 and replace them with younger wonderkids or the best under 25 players. So it'll probably be 2 seasons before I have space to start integrating some regens in, and even then I have a whole slew of wonderkids in my u21 that are being farmed out to other clubs.

For some reason or another, I've noticed that in this version of FM, other big clubs are slower to pick up wonderkids/highly rated regens which allows me to sign them uncontested most of the time. Signing and selling them is a huge source of income for me. That and PSG, my sugardaddy. They've bought Kos for £26m in 15/16, Ozil for £46 in 17/18 and are now offering £60m, http://i.imgur.com/gjU2564.png, for my 3rd choice striker Vincent Aboubakar.

hmm, damn it. forgot about the sell on clause, http://i.imgur.com/fv7nVGj.png, Porto just made £11.75m from the Aboubakar sale

-edit- well ****. AMD Raptr closed and crashed my FM15. I only save every 2 weeks and there go my transfers. Hopefully I get the same bids again. Oh well, time to take a short break from FM meanwhile. CBF replaying those 12 days of transfers at the moment.

What tactic are you using?

http://i.imgur.com/qdViyZw.png i'll upload a better pic with player roles in a sec, they're all on holiday so I can't fill the roles

team instructions

retain possession, pass into space, work ball into box, play out of defence, look for overlap, push higher up, roam from positions, close down more, use tighter marking, offside trap, prevent short gk distribution

I'm looking to start an Arsenal save, but I'm curious as to what staff people have brought in cause I'm yet to find a staff setup I'm happy with

I usually disable first transfer window budget so I can only recommend unattached staff, or ones that are employed by country only.

Rene Meulensteen, Pedro Jaro, Massimo Carrera and Massimo Neri were my only additions to the first team coaching staff. I got rid of the extra physios and any less than 4 star coaches. Request for more coaches as soon as it becomes possible to lighten the coaching load.

You can slowly work towards my current set up in 2019, it's mostly 4 1/2 star and 5 stars.

Fitness: Mass Neri, Tony Colbert, Darlan Schneider (u21), Edvaldo Tacao (u21)

Tactics: Tassoti (Asst Man), Michele Salzarulo, Andrea Maldera,

Ball Control: Bergkamp, Meulensteen

Defending: Jaap Stam, Massimo Carrera

Attacking: Platt and Steve Cooper (u21) are 4 stars only. Attillo Lombardo (might be random potential?) is the only 4 1/2 star coach I could find and he started off as just 4 star.

Shooting: Only 4 star coaches as well, I (manager) am the only 4 1/2 star I can find. Ricardo Moniz (stars off as manager but becomes coach if no one hires him) and Charlie McDonald (probably random, ex Barnet player became coach) are my only 4 star coaches.

GK: Pedro Jaro, J. Otxotorena, Prando Minutti (u21), Gerry Peyton just retired on me.

I managed Sassuolo before and i didn't use Berardi as striker, because i used 1 player upfront and in my experienced Zaza was better goalscorer than him, might look at him though, but doubt Juve will sell him cheaply

I'm in 2019 and Berardi is probably the best false 9 in the game behind Messi. I got lucky because Sassuolo got him instead of Juventus but he still cost £26m in 17/18

--

On a separate note, are the reports in the game really off for anyone else as well? I have Bartra and Inigo Martinez with 4 star coach reports, but when I search for new CBs, the top few are only given 2 1/2 stars. What gives?

I have actually succeeded to buy Neymar from Barca. I don't exactly know how come, I did win the CL last season and was champion but it's still a mystery to me why he wanted to come. I'm close to a dreamteam right now. Also on a 41 match unbeaten streak in the league. :D.

Left AM, as an inside forward with sit narrow. I paid a world record fee for him. Had to sell some players for it though. But he's worth it! 140mill euros, installments and all included. 105 up front. 6 goals and 2 assists in 8 games. Now I'll have to find a way to keep Depay happy, because I love him as well.

http://i.imgur.com/qdViyZw.png i'll upload a better pic with player roles in a sec, they're all on holiday so I can't fill the roles

team instructions

retain possession, pass into space, work ball into box, play out of defence, look for overlap, push higher up, roam from positions, close down more, use tighter marking, offside trap, prevent short gk distribution

Mert & Kos are 30 or over...time to reduce their involvement in the first team and bring in some of my good youth stars

If you moved earlier, players like Laporte, Inigo Martinez even Bartra go for as low as £25m (min fee release clause for first 2, Bartra usually doesn't get games and demands a move)

Thanks Phenomenon :thup:

I had agreed a deal with Barca for Bartra @ £25m, but he signed a new contract instead :(

Hey Spike, I highly recommend a Colombian defender from Granada called Jeison Murillo. I'm in my 4th season now and he is an absolute beast, bags of potential.

Hey man, I have Bernhard Peters as my Assistant Manager, I get him every save. He is Head of Youth Development at Hamburg but will accept an Ass.Man role , has brilliant stats. Also, Krzysztof Dowan is one of the best GK Coaches in the game and already has Szczesny as a favoured personnel. I'm a sentimental wally too as I have Tony Adams, Vieira & Bergkamp all on the backroom staff.

Jaap Stam highly recommended as defence coach too.

Well I left my laptop on in the kitchen when I went to bed last night and woke up this morning to find that norton antivirus had decided to force a restart so it could update. Luckily I'd saved my game not too long before I went to bed but it does mean the £21 million deal for Reus I'd settled will have to be negotiated again! Grr!

It's very annoying, but on a happier note, I came from 3-0 down at half time to manage a 3-3 draw against Chelsea in the cup, could have done without the extra game considering all the injuries, but hopefully the squad depth is good enough. I may have to mess with my formation a little though!

I've uploaded the FMF file here https://mega.co.nz/#!Vxl2AJZJ!pUrOVklCiU1md8N5EHt-oJFjMfleGjGhhiXSYNGxReU

It's pretty much plug and play since it was made for Arsenal

-edit- I also retrained Ozil to play MC since Wilshere is constantly injured and there is no AMC in the formation and he doesn't work well as an inside forward or a winger. He was 3rd in the Ballon d'Or once or twice before I sold him to PSG.

Good catching up with all these posts. I have got FM 15 since release date and have always got all versions of the game on release.

I am struggling to get into this game, a couple if issues I am having if you could help

1. tactics, I cannot find a decent tactical set up for this Arsenal team. I have never struggled before on tactics and usually play lots of game in first pre season to get the team used to something, the familiarity of all my tactics is not even moving. I started with a standard 4231 to make it easier for the players.

2. The first 2 fixtures I have are Tottenham away and City away. I lost both by a stupid margin that was so unrealistic, what is that about.

After this I just put the game down and didn't bother but this isn't what I paid for so I thought I'd check out this forum if anyone can help me. I know you will for lots of info and if you can help I would be grateful.

FM15 update December

Premier League

ARSENAL 0

MAN CITY 0

City were missing Kompany we were missing any kind of penetration. First points dropped at home. In all fairness we should’ve lost.

Premier League

CHELSEA 1

Cuadrado 71

ARSENAL 0

Our winless run now stretches to four games. Chelsea had 32 attempts although Mike Dean should’ve shown at least two red cards to their players. Koscielny missed the game with flu while Podolski limping off after 12 minutes also didn’t help.

Chmapions League GS MD6

ARSENAL 3

Walcott 26 90 Chamberlain 55

STEAUA BUCHEREST 3

Balaci 25 37 Viderok 73

It seemed a straightforward task to draw and progress but it needed a dramatic late equaliser from Walcott to salvage that said draw after we fell behind three times to their only three shots. Winless in five now though.

Premier League

ARSENAL 6

Ozil 3 55 Podolski 8 50 Chamberlain 19 Walcott 21

LIVERPOOL 1

Moreno 48

We returned to winning ways in style with a crushing win over Liverpool. Podolski marked his return with a brace. I made a few changes including playing Walcott upfront.

League Cup Quarter Final

ARSENAL 4

Sanchez 21 Podolski 41pen Giroud 66 Chamberlain 79

CHELSEA 1

Hazard 76 Zouma s/o 19

It was unfortunate for the fringe players but I played a full strength team for the visit of Chelsea keen to avenge the 1-0 reverse in November. It was a bit of an anti-climax as Zouma was sent off after 19 minutes and Sanchez scored the resulting free kick. After that we could’ve scored 7 or 8 but I’ll settle for four and wipe the smug smile of Mourinhos face.

Premier League

SUNDERLAND 2

Wickham 61 73

ARSENAL 3

Ozil 12 Giroud 68 74

Sunderland will rue their 7 clear cut chances. We were very very poor.

Premier League

ARSENAL 2

Giroud 8 Wilshere 45

TOTTENHAM 1

Yamolenko 34

WIlshere took a good time to score his first goal of the season. Also set up Giroud and was man of the match. Good team selection!

Premier League

WEST BROM 2

Ideye 57 Vargas 81

ARSENAL 0

We dominated much of the game but couldn’t score. Not a great way to end the year. Having been rested against Spurs, Ozil limped off after 20 minutes and would miss the next four weeks

League Table

Four points behind after a poor month.

1. Chelsea Played 19 Points 45

2. Arsenal Played 19 Points 41

3. Man City Played 19 Points 39

4. Liverpool Played 19 Points 38

5. West Brom Played 19 Points 37

Other News

A trio of draws. All quite good. West ham probably the trickiest

FA cup third round draw

West Ham vs Arsenal

League Cup semi final draw

Wigan vs Arsenal

Champions league second round draw

Arsenal vs Gelsenkirchen

Falcao won player of the month. Ozil third. Young player was Chamberlain while Mourinho again won manager of the month.

I had Victor Valdes on trial for two weeks and was interested but his outrageous signing fees mean i won’t be signing him.

Messi was crowned world player of the year. Ronaldo second Ibrahimovic third.

December preview

January gives us a good chance to close the gap on Chelsea.

In the window there will be more Outs that Ins.

Season one - January, February and March

So I got to the January transfer window, and I was sat at the top of the league, qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League and had a nice home draw in the FA Cup against Bournmouth. Pavel Savitskiy came in on a free and Sergi Roberto was purchased for £2.1m from Barcelona. Mikel Arteta left the club for Espanyol for free but couldn't get rid of Diaby, not even for free. I also agreed the future transfers of Patrick Roberts from Fulham for £10 million(sent him back on loan), Zakkaria Bakkali from PSV for free(bosman at end of the season) and Adrian Rabiot for free(bosman at end of the season). These players will probably be farmed out on loan for a few seasons when they arrive and if they develop well they'll get a chance in the first team.

Results

14tpoxd.png

Can't have too many complaints, apart from the fact that I should have smashed Everton, they had no clear cuts to my 5. The draw against United was a disappointment too, should have won it comfortably.. Phil Jones gifted Falcao a goal against his old club and then got sent off with 10 to go! As for going out of the FA Cup, I played my second string but United weren't there to play games and put all the big boys in. Got what I deserved.

Table

jjvcis.png

So as you can see, it's tight at the top. I just checked and Chelsea have taken 41 points from their last possible 48. They seem to have a more difficult run-in than me. Drawn Man City in the quarter finals of the Champions League. Should be interesting.

In other news I have managed to agree a deal for Marco Reus. £21 million transfer fee plus £160k p/w wages so he'll be arriving in the summer. Had two or three nice regens come through too so will post screenshots of them at some point.

I've uploaded the FMF file here https://mega.co.nz/#!Vxl2AJZJ!pUrOVklCiU1md8N5EHt-oJFjMfleGjGhhiXSYNGxReU

Good catching up with all these posts. I have got FM 15 since release date and have always got all versions of the game on release.

I am struggling to get into this game, a couple if issues I am having if you could help

1. tactics, I cannot find a decent tactical set up for this Arsenal team. I have never struggled before on tactics and usually play lots of game in first pre season to get the team used to something, the familiarity of all my tactics is not even moving. I started with a standard 4231 to make it easier for the players.

2. The first 2 fixtures I have are Tottenham away and City away. I lost both by a stupid margin that was so unrealistic, what is that about.

After this I just put the game down and didn't bother but this isn't what I paid for so I thought I'd check out this forum if anyone can help me. I know you will for lots of info and if you can help I would be grateful.

If you're struggling for a tactic, why not try the above one. Seems to be working well for Nyte. I always struggle to get into a new edition of FM but stick with it!

I had huge problems at the beginning of this version. I was even on the verge of the sack. Then I thought, why not go back to the tactic that worked for me in last edition, so I went applied that one and made some slight tweaks. I have had major success so far. Starting from season 2,5 things started picking up. Now I'm just dominating. As I had no use for an AMC I retrained Ozil to MC and he has been awesome there. I have Quintero as backup there, who is also brilliant.

If you're struggling for a tactic, why not try the above one. Seems to be working well for Nyte. I always struggle to get into a new edition of FM but stick with it!

Thanks for that. I had a good go last night and got a bit more into it. I went with a more conservative 4-1-4-1 tactic. Though it doesn't suit Arsenal players which is my main issue trying to fit Ozil and Podolski in. The formation relies on heave pressure in the middle of the park pushing the defenders forward and closing down set to high. It should allow little space for the opposition to attack. Here is the thing we had a good start against Spurs away, winning 1-0. But my second game was against Man City and the blitz me in the second half with 3 goals in 3 minutes including 2 penalties.

All the other matches have ended 1-0 or 2-1. I decided to go more direct passing and added "Be more expressive". Which has helped a bit.

Major issue with injuries, I even set the training levels to low/med. Players are constantly unfit or picking up 3 week injuries. Lost Per Mert for 4 months for no reason whatsoever. What is this about?

Going well there Phenomenon, hopefully the run in won't be too bad and you'll win the league!

Thanks! Only played 2 more games after updating last night, but managed to get a league win away at Swansea and Chelsea drew so that's a 5 point gap now! The other game was the home leg of the CL quarter final against City. Smashed them 4-1. Not getting too excited just yet though, I know how cruel these games can be.

Thanks for that. I had a good go last night and got a bit more into it. I went with a more conservative 4-1-4-1 tactic. Though it doesn't suit Arsenal players which is my main issue trying to fit Ozil and Podolski in. The formation relies on heave pressure in the middle of the park pushing the defenders forward and closing down set to high. It should allow little space for the opposition to attack. Here is the thing we had a good start against Spurs away, winning 1-0. But my second game was against Man City and the blitz me in the second half with 3 goals in 3 minutes including 2 penalties.

All the other matches have ended 1-0 or 2-1. I decided to go more direct passing and added "Be more expressive". Which has helped a bit.

Major issue with injuries, I even set the training levels to low/med. Players are constantly unfit or picking up 3 week injuries. Lost Per Mert for 4 months for no reason whatsoever. What is this about?

Personally I think that formation is too defensive for a team looking to win the league, unless it has very attacking roles across the midfield. Maybe you'll have to retrain Ozil and Podolski if you're gonna stick with it. As for injuries, I've had absolutely loads throughout the season. They tend to come in groups too. Had a CB crisis at one point, then had a CM crisis. Good job I have a big squad.

He's been brilliant for me at LB, that's why I'm trying to find a position for him in my team as opposed to just making him ride the pine. He's slotted in with 7 goals in 40 games as well, so that's nothing to turn your nose up at.

His marking is 11 for me, but I give him a lot of freedom and trust my CB's to naturally cover any gaps he leaves.

-edit- I also retrained Ozil to play MC since Wilshere is constantly injured and there is no AMC in the formation and he doesn't work well as an inside forward or a winger. He was 3rd in the Ballon d'Or once or twice before I sold him to PSG.

Thanks nyte :thup:

Just looked and it's pretty much identical to mine lol

Thanks nyte :thup:

Just looked and it's pretty much identical to mine lol

I've posted it on neoseeker previously in a thread discussing 4-1-2-2-1 formations :)

There are many tweaked versions of it that people contribute.

Mine wasn't even the original but my tweaked version I found most consistency with.

January update

Premier League

CRYSTAL PALACE 1

Graham 74pen

ARSENAL 2

Chamberlain 8 50

A good way to start the year.

FACup 3rd Round

WEST HAM 2

Valencia 63 Zarate 66

ARSENAL 5

Welbeck 8 88 Diaby 15 Cazorla 15 76

I played a fringe team but again we hit poor West Ham for five at their ground. A few jitters though when they got it back to 2-3 but nothing more. Diaby’s first start of the season and he was outstanding.

Fa cup 4th round draw

Carlisle vs ARSENAL

Premier League

ARSENAL 2

Welbeck 52 55

HULL CITY 1

Ramirez 50pen

Chelsea won at City in the early kick off meaning we needed to win. There was concern when Hull scored from a penalty with their only shot of the game but within 5 minutes Welbeck stood up and we turned it around. Valdes was in goal for Hull. Bizzare.

Premier League

BURNLEY 0

ARSENAL 4

Welbeck 46 74 Cazorla 68 Chamberlain 79

After a poor first half it turned into a comfortable win. Welbecks opener struck from about 30 yards.

League Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg

WIGAN 2

Riera 41 86

ARSENAL 4

Podolski 6 Walcott 10 Giroud 15 Khedira 40

Pretty much killed the tie in the first 15 minutes. Liverpool and Spurs went goalless in the other semi at Anfield.

FA Cup 4th Round

CARLISLE 1

Potts 31

ARSENAL 5

Walcott 13 36 89 Balanta 58 Giroud 75

Nice and easy.

League Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg

ARSENAL 3

Cazrla 38 42 Taylor o.g 80

WIGAN 1

Delfot 65

Another comfortable win. Ozil came on for the last ten minutes after a long spell out injured. We will play Liverpool in the final.

Premier League

ARSENAL 3

Cazorla 15 Podolski 18pen Welbeck 65

NEWCASTLE 2

Cabella 60 84 missed/pen41

Very nearly undone by a very spirited Newcastle.

League Table

Chelsea have won 17 of the 22 games. Ridiculous!

1. Chelsea Played 22 Points 54

2. Arsenal Played 23 Points 53

3. Tottenham Played 23 Points 46

4. Man City Played 14 Points 46

5. Liverpool Played 23 Points 44

Other News

Fa Cup 5th Round draw

ARSENAL vs Wigan

Yamolenko won player of the month for spurs. Nick Powell was young player while I scooped the manager of the month.

As expected I didn’t sign anyone in the transfer window but let Lugano, Campbell, Munir and Traore all go out on loan. Nobody was sold

February preview

February begins with us hosting United in the league. Other than that we should be ok. Also playing first leg of Champions League tie against Gelsenkirchen.

Archived