Pre order from Argos / beta code

Still no Beta code from Argos. I've emailed them twice this week, spoken to someone on the phone today, and contacted them via Twitter.

Can anyone at Sega/SI give them a kick up their collective backsides please? If they don't want to send out the Beta access codes, then they really shouldn't be a partner on the scheme.

Still no Beta code from Argos. I've emailed them twice this week, spoken to someone on the phone today, and contacted them via Twitter.

Can anyone at Sega/SI give them a kick up their collective backsides please? If they don't want to send out the Beta access codes, then they really shouldn't be a partner on the scheme.

What did they say?

What did they say?

Worryingly, they didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about. Someone said he'd go away and email someone and call me back, but nothing yet.

I normally order from GMG but my wife bought me the game as a surprise (I was going to wait until Christmas this year), but I can safely say this is the last time I make this type of purchase from them.

It was bought up earlier on today Pompey and Neil said he'd pass the info on to investigate... I hope you solve it.

Cheers. I'm on hold to them at the minute waiting to speak to someone, but my experience so far doesn't fill me with hope that anyone will know what I'm even asking for.

Ahhh Argos.. my favourite late 80's style shop that still inexplicably exists..

Ahh they serve a purpose. My wife isn't that au fait with the games world, but she still gets top wife points for buying the game for me! I'll forgive her the choice of retailer.

I am having exact same issue, pre-ordered and paid for Football Manager 2015 from Argos and still have not received the beta code. I have phoned them and the staff seem to be oblivious the to the situation and the person on phone said they cant find any codes for the game and that the codes must come from the people who send them the product. The person then tried to ring some company regarding the game and said they could not get through to them and that they have left an email and that it could take up to 24 hours to receive the code wich I think is wrong as some people have been waiting since Friday without any success. It is disgraceful that Argos take the money in advance and still dont send the beta code out and the time you wait on the phone listening to classical music while trying to get through to a customer service representative is shocking and will tally up on the phone bill. I am starting to lose all hope of getting the beta code as Argos dont seem to have a clue when speak to them on phone regarding the codes. I contacted Sega on here and they have basically said I have to sort it out with the retailer wich I have already tried doing without no success. If I get no code by tomorrow I will be contacting trading standards regarding Argos and there poor service as they are not keeping to there agreement. :(

• Administrators

Given it's been the weekend we've not been able to get a response on this so far, I'm hoping we have more information tomorrow. Apologies you've encountered the issue - if you're unhappy with the service provided by Argos then I'd suggest you can cancel your order and order from somewhere else. Thanks.

I've finally had some form of response from Argos, via their Twitter account:

"Sorry you've had no reply. We've had a backlog of queries. We've emailed supplier, to whom manufacturer should have sent the codes for forwarding to customers, to chase this up. As their offices aren't open at weekends, we've yet to receive a response but we'll let you know asap we do."

Does that sound about right, Neil?

Of course, it doesn't answer why they weren't ready to go with the codes last week ready for the Beta going live; and why they presumably didn't REALISE that they weren't ready to go. I've no idea how many pre-orders they've had for the game, but you'd think there's be something, somewhere on their systems prompting them to ensure they were complying with the pre-order offer that they were advertising.

And yeah, I possibly should cancel the order and order from elsewhere. But on a matter of principle I'm not leaving this now. I'm going to push them to the end of this.

still no beta code from Argos surprise surprise. I have just rang Argos regarding the issue again and told them if this is not sorted soon I will be contacting trading standards as it really is not on having took people money but not sending the code out for the Beta wich was the whole point in the order.

They said they will try chase it up and ring me back later today but the woman on the phone just seemed to want to get ride of me and did not have a clue regarding what the code even was I dont think. I cant see the matter getting resolved any time soon.

They should not be aloud to be a partner in the pre-order deal in the future if they cant keep to there agreement and as regarding cancelling the order, if I did that I would have to wait 3 days to get the money back and then order again, wich am not willing to do, they are supposedly a trustworthy company and should there job properly and get the codes sent out to there customers who paid good cash.

I was finally emailed my code at 13:20 this afternoon; though it came via their Customer Services team rather than via the sort of regular notification email you'd expect.

Have you had yours yet, cjrocknroll?

No I contacted them by phone again today and also on the live chat but I still have not received my code :( the person on live chat said he was trying to get in contact with somebody in another office who he says has the codes but he said the person must not be there at the moment. I dont know what else I can possibly do to get my code, it is becoming more frustrating all the time.

I was finally emailed my code at 13:20 this afternoon; though it came via their Customer Services team rather than via the sort of regular notification email you'd expect.

Have you had yours yet, cjrocknroll?

You should do what i do when **** ups like this happen, if they apologised for the delay tell them not to say sorry but to show you they're sorry = £5 free gift token, works 99% of the time for me, free stuff is satisfying.

You should do what i do when **** ups like this happen, if they apologised for the delay tell them not to say sorry but to show you they're sorry = £5 free gift token, works 99% of the time for me, free stuff is satisfying.

Don't worry, a letter of complaint detailing the phone calls, emails and tweets I had to make just to get the damn code will be winging its way to Argos head office this week...

Hi all, I had to register to add my voice to this thread, very interesting reading.

I have had the same trouble trying to get my verification code from Argos after pre-purchasing the game on Monday. I submitted an email query to them yesterday to which I go no reply and today I entered into a web chat with customer services to try and get my code from them, but they refuse to supply it and say I should contact Sega and ask them for the code. I spent an hour on the web chat and still they refused to give me the code. I hope it's OK for me to post the transcript here. I will know in future not to trust Argos and its promotions. They take your money after using the bait to lure you in and then don't deliver on their side.

----------------------------------

Live chat Started at 4.04pm

4.04pm:

CS: Hi, you’re through to Argos live chat, you are chatting to Customer Service, how can I help you today?

4.06pm:

Me: Hi, yesterday I purchased Football Manager 2015 to be delivered on Friday 7 Nov but I didn’t receive an email with the verification code to play the online Beta version of the game. I have submitted an email enquiry about the matter yesterday but have received no response to it.. Please could you supply me with a code? Thank you.

4.07pm:

CS: Can I take the order number please?

4.08pm:

Me: 208713831

4.10pm

CS: The offer is for pre-orders...as your pre order is so close to the release date you maybe that you will not receive it.

4.12pm:

Me: I’m sorry but it says on the product information that you will receive the code if you pre-purchase the item, this I have done and expect to receive the code. It says nothing about not receiving the code before any deadline. Please could you supply the code as promised with the order? Thanks.

4.14pm:

CS: Pre-order Football Manger 2015 now to enjoy access to a fully-playable Beta version of the game roughly two weeks prior to the official release date.

4.16pm:

CS: As I have stated the release date is so close that the code may not be issued...the code is not issued by Argos.

4.21pm:

Me: I’m sorry but two weeks prior to its release date implies that it can be played from the beginning of that period right up to its release date if you pre-purchase the game. There’s no reason why a code cannot be released because it’s so close to the date, as I said it doesn’t say anything about that on the product information. Again, as I purchased the game from Argos they have an obligation to send me a code as advertised. Thanks.

4.30pm:

CS: The pre order would need to be prior to the beta commencing to receive the code.

4.33pm:

Me: I’m sorry but the product information doesn’t state that. Today it is still saying that if you pre-purchase the game you get to play the Beta version online. Please could you supply me with my code as advertised? Thanks.

4.34pm:

CS: As I have previously advised the code is not issued by Argos.

4.34pm:

Me: I bought the game from Argos therefore Argos has a duty to supply the game.

4.36pm:

CS: We do not have a code to issue to you.

4.38pm:

Me: Then why is Argos continuing to use this to promote the game and a selling point. If Argos don’t have the codes then it is technically breaking the law as it’s advertising under false pretences.

4.42pm:

CS: It is Sega that issue the code, it is there (sic) offer.

4.44pm:

Me: I have been in contact with someone from Sega on the SI community forums and they say I have to contact Argos directly to receive the code.

4.46pm:

CS: As I have stated we do not issue the codes, the codes are issued either by Sega themselves, this maybe via there (sic) distributor.

4.48pm:

Me: But it is Argos who are making this a selling point and customers shouldn’t have to contact a third party to get their code. From what I understand other customers have received their codes from Argos and I am only asking that my code be supplied as advertised.

4.49pm:

CS: I see from the forum it does suggest contacting the retailer as a 1st point of call.

4.49pm:

CS: It maybe better to contact help@sega.co.uk as they would be able to issue a code.

4.51pm:

Me: No sorry, as I purchased the game from Argos, then it is Argos who have a duty to supply the code. Please can you supply me with my code? Thanks.

4.52pm:

CS: I appreciate you are annoyed and frustrated with the situation, however, we cannot issue a code to you as we do not have the codes.

4.53pm:

Me: Please could you supply me with my code as advertised? Thanks.

4.57pm:

CS: Sorry I am unable to supply the code.

4.57pm:

CS: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

4.58pm:

Me: You suggested that I contact Sega games to get the code, why can’t Argos contact Sega to get the code from them and give the code to me. Thanks.

4.59pm: T

CS: he code is issued directly to the customer from Sega.

4.59pm:

CS: I am unable to help you further with this query, as I have given you all the information that I can.

5.01pm:

Me: I understand that it’s not you fault and I appreciate your help and time you have given to this matter. Thanks.

5.01pm:

CS: Have a good gooding.

5.01pm:

CS: Bye. Helen

5.02pm:

Me:Bye.

Ended at 5.02pm

-----------------------------------------------

Cheers - ros

Ros I feel your pain, they are a nightmare and I will never use them ever again, I eventually got my code and they certainly do have them at there end as it was a member of there staff who got the code from one of his colleagues who had the codes at Argos then contacted me with it. They make there stories up as they go along and certainly proved they are not a trustworthy company. From now on I suggest using Amazon or elsewhere as I certainly will be. The game is out today lets see if they manage to send that out on time, I have my doubts lol.

This is also a big lie 4.30pm:

CS: The pre order would need to be prior to the beta commencing to receive the code.

That is such a lie as I can tell you now I pre-ordered mine 2 days after the Beta Code was released and eventually got my code after phoning them a million times racking up a nice phone bill on my end and also had to contact them via there live chat aswell. As long as you order before the game is released that is a pre-order and therefore you should have received the code from them and they have basically tried to just get away with not doing so. 1 word for Argos customer service regarding this game would be RUBBISH. If your lucky you eventually get through to some 1 who has a brain who can and knows about the code at there end and I was lucky enough to get through to that person eventually.

Another BIG lie here 4.59pm: T

CS: he code is issued directly to the customer from Sega.

Total lie as the person with a brain who I eventually got through to got me the code from there work colleague who has the codes at Argos in wich they will have received from Sega around 2 weeks ago. Most of the staff dont have a clue about the beta code and are dis-interested there for they try to pass on the problem to Sega. I hope to god that Sega do not allow Argos to be part of the promotion next year as Argos have dealt with this matter terrible and as I can see in your post Ros you have been blatantly lied too as I assure you they do have the beta codes.

I never got an email from them saying mine was dispatched and clicked to track order but it says can not show any details at the moment. I hope I am not going to have another nightmare lol, as I will be waiting in house today for the game and if it does not arrive I will not be a happy chap.

Mine did yes, was waiting for me when I got home from work. I have to say I was surprised...

Mine came aswell about 3pm with postman, very happy :D . Only thing is I have lots of memory but with me having a laptop, is only onboard graphics card so it says I would only be able to play 3D match mode on 2 star, so am thinking of just doing 2D or commentary only. What settings will you be playing on??? and btw il never be using argos again for pre-orders lol

Mine came aswell about 3pm with postman, very happy :D . Only thing is I have lots of memory but with me having a laptop, is only onboard graphics card so it says I would only be able to play 3D match mode on 2 star, so am thinking of just doing 2D or commentary only. What settings will you be playing on??? and btw il never be using argos again for pre-orders lol

My laptop is almost four years old and the on-board graphics can handle the 3D smoothly, albeit at the lowest setting. However, it makes the CPU run hot, and the subsequent noise from the fan drives Mrs Pompey1978 mad when she's trying to watch EastEnders. So I stick to the quieter 2D... :D

My laptop is almost four years old and the on-board graphics can handle the 3D smoothly, albeit at the lowest setting. However, it makes the CPU run hot, and the subsequent noise from the fan drives Mrs Pompey1978 mad when she's trying to watch EastEnders. So I stick to the quieter 2D... :D

:lol: Haha put your foot down and say no more Eastenders lol and I am also going to play in 2D, after all the older versions never had 3D and they were just as great. Have fun playing it, enjoy and win the league, I am going to manage the Toon Army so god knows when I will win the trophy haha

Archived