FM15: Good Goalkeepers

Ty

into the year 2017 with leeds need a prem qulaity goal keeper preferably young that wont break the bank balance

newgens are the way to go, especially if you want them young (and cheap)

I've been a fan of American regens over the past few editions (probably 300m population and 20 clubs), so check out their squads

Name: Maxym Koval

Age: 21 at the start of the game (24 in screenshots below)

Nationality: Ukraine

Club: Dynamo Kyiv

Value: £4m in my game in January 2017, possibly less at start of game

Sale Value: ??? £5-10m should be enough

Work Permit Needed?: I wouldn't think so? But I'm not playing in England, so not sure.

This guy is pretty young for a GK, so I'm guessing he's got some random PA distribution. Other people might check in their saves, but in mine he looks pretty decent.

Here's a screenshot of him in January 2017:

jARdTtsl.png

And here he is being compared to my current keeper, Salvatore Sirigu:

Z8wgeKWl.png

• 1 month later...
Name: Victor Valdes

Nationality: Spanish

Club: free transfer

Value: 0

Sale Value: 0

Work Permit Needed?: no

110k/week and signing on fee of 5-6M is quite hefty so despite being on a free he will be a major financial gamble for most clubs.

Tip for those trying to sign Valdes, I signed him in my first season as Sunderland, I offered him a contract and he wanted way more than I could afford (120k ish I believe) so I offered him a trial hoping I could somehow persuade him to join, amazingly he accepted the trial and I noticed he wanted to be a coach when he retires so I told him he would make a great coach and he offered to start there and then. Towards the end of his trial I offered him a contract again and he wanted a player/GK coach contract for a rather nice 11k a week.

So try and get him to start coaching and then he may accept less (bloody good coach too 3 and a half star to start but improved quickly after a few qualifications.

• 1 month later...

I should have take a look here earlier. what carlos1879 have done may work out more often. at my save no one signed him so since april he is a coach that demands 3k p/w. pissed me off as I really hoped I will sign him before start of a new season as I desperately need very good sweeper keeper

• 1 month later...

Bought Pacheco at start of game for blackburn for about 500k was listed. Replaced jason steele as my blackburn keeper. Sold for 14 million and replaced him with rulli. Defenite signing if you need a cheap keeper at staart of game.

Archived