Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Administrators

Football Manager 2015 Pre Release is out NOW!

These are just some, but not all of the known issues with the FM15 Pre Release BETA:

Stability

There are some issues with Mac OS 10.6.8

We still need to do some further optimisation on the Match and User Interface

User Interface

- This still needs to be 'polished' in places

- The watermark will, of course, not be there for release – if you need screenshots without the watermark, please email us

Match

- Poor goalkeeping, particularly at lower levels - sometimes leading to unusually high scores

- Too many poor back-passes leading to goals

- There are too many goals from direct free-kicks

- There are too many own goals, or incorrectly-awarded own goals

- Players occasionally control the ball with their head in unrealistic situations

- Some animations will require further polish – particularly with regards to 'skating'

- Some skin tones currently appear lighter than intended due to a lighting issue

- The touchline team talk options need some tweaking

AI

- Balancing is ongoing to the AI managers' transfers and squad building

- Balancing is ongoing to managerial appointments

- Balancing is ongoing to user job interviews and job offers

- Some players become unhappy too quickly (and some are too easy to talk around)

- There are some graphical issues on the conversation history screen

- Users can currently make only one board request per day

- There is missing information on transfer window round-up news in some situations

- AI managers occasionally give contradictory opinions about penalty decisions to the press

FAQ: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/sections/200673772

Please keep all FM15 Pre Release Beta feedback here and keep it constructive. If you have any issues, please report them on our Bugs Forum:

Bugs Forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/417-Football-Manager-2015-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Lucas,

Just a couple of bug:

1 - If you set the player attributes to graph rather than 1 - 20 nothing is displayed

2 - When you access the Preferences under the classic mode skin some of the options are off the page, could be my resolution mind

3 - When you look at your staff attributes, the left hand side are in white font against a white background so you cannot see them, the left hand side are in black font, guess it is because I am playing as NUFC

But love the feel of the screens and it seems much quicker (not that it was slow last year).

Ed

For the tutoring thing - will the fact that it is happening show up during the process? ie like the full game where their status shows "lrn" or "tut". Or do you just get the message "delighted with relationship" etc when the tutoring finishes?

Trying to figure out whether its happening or not for me on the beta...

• Administrators
For the tutoring thing - will the fact that it is happening show up during the process? ie like the full game where their status shows "lrn" or "tut". Or do you just get the message "delighted with relationship" etc when the tutoring finishes?

Trying to figure out whether its happening or not for me on the beta...

You just get the message when it finishes essentially.

You just get the message when it finishes essentially.

Thanks for the response - I'll have to reserve judgement by playing a few seasons but I'm afraid early signs for this feature are not promising. The main use case is - I see a young player with potential but a poor personality. I would only decide to buy them if I know I can tutor to improve but with the way its implemented in FMC15 I a) can't be sure if my prospect will get tutoring, and if he does how soon b) can't see who he has been linked up with (and hence can't cancel if I don't like it) and now c) won't even know that something is happening until 6 months down the road when it finishes...

Mmmm

Thanks for the response - I'll have to reserve judgement by playing a few seasons but I'm afraid early signs for this feature are not promising. The main use case is - I see a young player with potential but a poor personality. I would only decide to buy them if I know I can tutor to improve but with the way its implemented in FMC15 I a) can't be sure if my prospect will get tutoring, and if he does how soon b) can't see who he has been linked up with (and hence can't cancel if I don't like it) and now c) won't even know that something is happening until 6 months down the road when it finishes...

Mmmm

Your coaches do give interim reports on players progress both in development and training effectiveness so you aren't blind to their progress.

Also you can now define each individual players training regime (role specific if you wish) and this does produce results which once again get reported periodically.

Your coaches do give interim reports on players progress both in development and training effectiveness so you aren't blind to their progress.

Also you can now define each individual players training regime (role specific if you wish) and this does produce results which once again get reported periodically.

Yeah the individual training is great but it's got nothing to do with the "new" tutoring feature in FMC15

When you say interim development reports - you mean specifically with regard to how tutoring is impacting personality?

• Administrators

Mmmm

Wishlist this please, and clearly state why this is a problem for you and we will look into it.

Re-training player positions... one word AWESOME!!! Only reason I wanted an editor, this way it is more realistic as it seems to take some players longer than others.

Lucas - have you got anymore info on this, i.e can you re-train as many positions for a player as you want or are you limit, also if you don't play them in the re-trained position does they drop off or is it retained. Really chuffed about this as it limited the players I bought last year.

Thanks SI

Ed

Cheers Lucas, this will really improve the game for me and makes it more realistic than just using an editor. Overall I have been playing the game since about 6pm and its really good, quick, screens flow well, really like the side menu's... just cannot fault it really.

Oh and I love the position training, not sure if mentioned that... one think that is a little unrealistic is I am playing as Newcastle and we have actually won a game, must be a bug!!!

Ed

• Administrators
Hi Lucas. How about fixing the vita games bugs?

Keep feedback for the PC/Linux/Mac version of the game for now please.

How do you get your scouts to 'follow' a player for a few matches to get a better report of this player, e.g. without black stars?

And speaking of scouting, is it possible to set a scouting assignment in FMC to look for a replacement of my aging DLP/D, I couldn't find this in FMC but remember seeing this as a feature in Miles' video.

Hi There,

Issue loading all French Leagues. I selected all leagues down to CFA, however when I go to choose a team, CFA is greyed out. The earlier screens indicate that I chose 'All' leagues to be playable in France, however unable to select a team from CFA Division.

Cheers and TFTG!

This isn't a bug just a query / idea. When you scout a player that has just signed for their club, i.e Balotelli it looks like the transfer status makes up part of the scouts report, i.e not interested in a transfer, I don't think this should be part of the report, whether you can persuade them to sign shouldn't relate to their ability to improve the team. In relation to Balo, first season and people are already saying that he should leave, therefore I should have tracked him and not left him off my scouting list.

What do other think?

Ed

Hi There,

Issue loading all French Leagues. I selected all leagues down to CFA, however when I go to choose a team, CFA is greyed out. The earlier screens indicate that I chose 'All' leagues to be playable in France, however unable to select a team from CFA Division.

Cheers and TFTG!

The CFA has never been playable in the FM games. I presume this is because it is an amateur league. However, a lot of the French clubs have their reserve teams playing in the CFA and having the league available is good to keep a track of your reserves/youth players. I'm not sure what would happen if you're in charge of a third division team that gets relegated to the CFA though, I probably imagine you'd get sacked but that's the only potential workaround I can see to managing in the CFA. Hope that helps.

This isn't a bug just a query / idea. When you scout a player that has just signed for their club, i.e Balotelli it looks like the transfer status makes up part of the scouts report, i.e not interested in a transfer, I don't think this should be part of the report, whether you can persuade them to sign shouldn't relate to their ability to improve the team. In relation to Balo, first season and people are already saying that he should leave, therefore I should have tracked him and not left him off my scouting list.

What do other think?

Ed

Perhaps but in the game 'world' he's only just signed for Liverpool on a big contract and I can't imagine him wanting to leave anywhere at least for the first season/six months at best. It's fairly realistic.

Yeah, not sure I am explaining myself properly, I guess my interpretation of the scout reports is wrong, for me they should tell me whether they are good enough to play for my team, stats etc, whether the player would join for me should just be down to the manager / DoF... but I guess that would annoy other in the game as they would be making offers for people who just keep turning them down.

An in game example is Simon Kjaer, decent stats but not at a level that wouldn't sign for my Prem club, however he has signed for Roma and my scout has told me not to bother pursuing, but scouting takes years, from next season he might be unhappy and I miss out on signing a player with good stats in the game and he only wouldn't of signed previously because of his recently moved.

Maybe (for future dev) we should have the option to remove certain Pros and Cons, so if the scout says not to track and you remove the transfer Con, the scout report could change to defo signing!

Like I say, not a bug or annoying just something I thought of when I was scouting :)

Ed

So there is still no way to correct SLB to Benfica, Gelsenkirchen to Schalke and them superlong French longnames? The one thing I was hoping for...

There won't be an official way due to licensing issues, nothing SI can do about it I'm sorry to say.

So there is still no way to correct SLB to Benfica, Gelsenkirchen to Schalke and them superlong French longnames? The one thing I was hoping for...

Hi there is a way of doing this via one of the fan sites, as I had the same issue when I managed Sporting Lisbon... I am sure I did this in FMC mode, I will PM you the fan site web details in case we aren't suppose to show them on the forum... as stated by Kriss SI cannot do this officially.

Ed

The CFA has never been playable in the FM games. I presume this is because it is an amateur league. However, a lot of the French clubs have their reserve teams playing in the CFA and having the league available is good to keep a track of your reserves/youth players. I'm not sure what would happen if you're in charge of a third division team that gets relegated to the CFA though, I probably imagine you'd get sacked but that's the only potential workaround I can see to managing in the CFA. Hope that helps.

Yes, that does make sense for the most part. But if you compare to say, the Vanarama(sp?) Conference North/South, they have plenty of amateur teams there, and you can play in that league... Maybe the difference is that the lowest playable English still has semi-pro teams in it? Not sure. Thanks for the response anyway Rafa :p

Yeah, I'd like to request that...Instead on being always on the "world view"i'd like it to remember which i used last and customize some nations that are shown on the spot like in the picture below...or like it was before with the "pop out" menus!? (don't know what that is called in all honesty)

eMVuCwK.png

Archived