Sports Interactive Community
Lucas

Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

No, what i mean is, if you install them after you have started a game, you dont need to start a new game for them to work

Facepacks can be installed at any time, new leagues cannot. They need a new save.

No, what i mean is, if you install them after you have started a game, you dont need to start a new game for them to work

You don't literally "install" them, you just put them in the right folder - thus no game data is overwritten or such. So don't worry.

Edit: excluding new leagues of course, as mr. forameuss stated above.

Regarding unhappy players asking for improved contracts. In last years game there was an option that was something like "You still have considerable time remaining on your contract, there will be no new negotiations at this time." It usually works and the player backs down, unless he has low mental stats and a rebellious nature. Has anyone seen this option in '15? I've dealt with this situation about 3 times and each time the player had at least 2+ years left , but I could never find that option. As if in each case the game feels the player's concerns are totally justified.

Can't go on Holiday after season over any more..

I usually go on holiday, as the players do, after the season finishes and make sure I'm back before the players are..

I come back from Holiday this time, having players asked for contracts, now all unhappy and turned the team against me...

I am not allowed a Holiday?

Second game in the demo and ALREADY spotting dodgy keeping.

Tim Krul palms a long shot away (stays on his feet) out wide which ends up at the opposition. He then makes absolutely no attempt to change his position leaving the attacking to run in on goal and score easily.

Anyone else getting alot of bookings even though your not going in with hard tackling and using stay on feet?

and also alot of injuries

Hi, I have to say first that I have played FM for many years and loved FM 15(even if just beta) before the latest patch. Season 1 I won the Premier League with Arsenal, came to semi final in Champions League with 0 transfers.

Then season 2, where the patch came in the pre season. Then it feels like I play FM 14 again, I can have 10 chances alone with the goalkeeper in one match and just have 2 shots on target and 0 goals. And the AI needs 1-2 chances each match to score. And I thought maybe its my tactic, and tried like 5 tactics and still played good fotball, created alot of chances but the team couldnt score even with open goal. I have 2 coaches on finish/shoottraining or whatever they call it in english.. So 4,5 starts on that, 4,5 stars on offensive training etc, but still feels like I have Arsenal when it comes to the way the play, how many chances etc. But have a team of 4 year old childs when it comes to finishing. So now in season 2 I got sacked from the job, even if I played exelent fotball(not to sound like Moyes...:p ) and created ALOT of chances each match, but I honnestly think a kid on 2 years should have scored more.

Like Alexis, went from the midfield past EVERYONE, and by that I mean EVERYONE, also the goalkeeper, but finished like 3-4-5meters from the goal on OPEN GOAL...

I think you need to visit the tactics forum. When the ME is updated it tends to affect your tactics so they might not work in the same way they did before. But if you post in the tactics forum we can all look at your tactics and see if you're going wrong anywhere :)

Now Sidebar hint won't disappear....wonderful.

If you encounter bugs, please report them in the bugs forum.

This one would be User Interface.

Can i just say to SI, im really enjoying the game thus far im loving ALOT of the new features and so on, and i have very little to moan about (but i will anyway). :p great job SI.

Only thing i find hard to get used to is the scouting of players and i find it hard who i can or want to buy, i feel (although probably rightly so) it takes a long time to scout a player to see if he is right for your team and there for i don't know who to sign and now that the in game transfer deadline passed i brought in 0 players. I do miss the old transfer/loans screen, other than that seem to be the best FM yet.

Thanks SI :)

I think for the first time ever I saw a proper scissor overhead kick. He missed obviously.

Not sure if that's part of the new motion capture, but I can't remember seeing it like that before.

I think you need to visit the tactics forum. When the ME is updated it tends to affect your tactics so they might not work in the same way they did before. But if you post in the tactics forum we can all look at your tactics and see if you're going wrong anywhere :)

Yeah, I thought that, but I felt like no matter what tactic I used the problem was in front of goal... I think I could have had the white house as a goal, and they would miss it...I know the players was unhappy with the lates result so maybe not played there best. But then they should stuggle in the play, not just finish?...I used the tactic from season 1 and played good but couldnt finish, made a new one(the last was short passing etc, the new was more direct) still played good and got alot of chances, but couldnt finish...

So got sacked in the end and now wait for the full game to start new save(not that I blame the game, thets why I ask if im the only one...)

Word. I can't use Hazard on the wing as an inside forward because of this. In reality he's not that selfish either.

No, his problem is he needs to be more selfish. He hardly ever shoots.

I agree here, since the update my tactics were very average indeed and had to be tweaked to work better again, nothing drastic, just 3-4 players duties changed to adapt, I've been playing around with the BETA getting used to the game etc ,using the updates to build my tactics ready for full release, unfortunately knowing this game I'll need to change tactics another couple of times after all the other updates that will eventully come.

Yeah, I thought that, but I felt like no matter what tactic I used the problem was in front of goal... I think I could have had the white house as a goal, and they would miss it...I know the players was unhappy with the lates result so maybe not played there best. But then they should stuggle in the play, not just finish?...I used the tactic from season 1 and played good but couldnt finish, made a new one(the last was short passing etc, the new was more direct) still played good and got alot of chances, but couldnt finish...

So got sacked in the end and now wait for the full game to start new save(not that I blame the game, thets why I ask if im the only one...)

My tactics been fine since the update but I'm still working on perfecting an away version of my current tactic (also playing as Arsenal btw). Personally I haven't struggled with scoring before or after the update. It could just be you're rushing your attacking play, are you playing on a high tempo?

Second game in the demo and ALREADY spotting dodgy keeping.

Tim Krul palms a long shot away (stays on his feet) out wide which ends up at the opposition. He then makes absolutely no attempt to change his position leaving the attacking to run in on goal and score easily.

Do you mean to say that he isn't reacting quick enough, i.e getting up and in position as I believe this has been logged.

My tactics been fine since the update but I'm still working on perfecting an away version of my current tactic (also playing as Arsenal btw). Personally I haven't struggled with scoring before or after the update. It could just be you're rushing your attacking play, are you playing on a high tempo?

No, I play a possesion game, with short passing, play from defence and all that. And plays great, nothing to say there from what you can see. But there is just the last part, get the ball in the goal...

I can't be botherd to read through 43 pages so I don't know whether this has been reported before, but every time I go over a button with my mouse, the color changes for a few seconds.

ZCMIsXk.png

For example, in this picture the FM button turned red when I hover over it with my cursor, although there's still a small black dot in it, but it doesn't change back to black if I take my cursor of it.

The same applies for the next picture, where team instructions I select aren't completely green.

TA4jEg3.png

I have this problem with pretty much all buttons in the game, which makes it really ugly. I've tried to play in windowed mode, different language, different resolution, but that didn't help. I'm using a downloaded skin at the moment but I've had this problem from the beginning.

One last complaint is about the tactics screen which is absolutely atrocious, by far the worst change SI ever made to the game. The one in 2014 was perfect, no need to change it.

Anyone else getting alot of bookings even though your not going in with hard tackling and using stay on feet?

and also alot of injuries

I'm not sure, but I always thought this is a bug, it also happened in FM2014. Your assistant manager gives you advice during the match and if you commit too many fouls he says you should turn "Stay on Feet" off. So either I don't get the meaning of this button or it just does the opposite of what it should do.

I'm not sure, but I always thought this is a bug, it also happened in FM2014. Your assistant manager gives you advice during the match and if you commit too many fouls he says you should turn "Stay on Feet" off. So either I don't get the meaning of this button or it just does the opposite of what it should do.

Sounds like a bug Tali, can you report it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Completely agree with the injuries. I know a team like Man UTD and some others are smashed with injuries in real life but i too have started new careers (4 in fact) and within 3 games for each new career i have had 6, 10, 9 and 11 injuries!!

I know others will agree with me when i say there are FAR too many injuries. So this leads me to another question, does the ingame editor (or pre game editor) have some kind of slider where you can lower the amount of injuries?

Similar to like a Madden game

Wish they had that option in the editors.

has crossing been nerfed at all? i have gone from plenty of crosses ( not all on target) to the old fm style of hitting the fullback over and over

Don't think so but I think it might have an instant heal function.

FM 14 in-game editor had an instant heal function. The other day a Mod on here said the FM 15 doesn't have an instant heal function. Is that true? On last years in-game editor, once you went to the squad screen, and then to the editor pull down, it gave you a list of options, three of them were Heal Injuries, Change Morale, and the ability to erase bans. But that is just for our own squad. it would be great in the PRE game editor to tone down injuries so that it has an effect across the board. Plus, the in-game heal injury button is reactive, where a pre-game adjustment would be proactive.

You can remove an injury as soon as it has occurred.

No you can't. You have to wait until the match is over.

Plus, this is just an option for your own squad. Would be great to have the ability to tone it down for the entire game, not just your own players. It's a pre game editor, why not just give us that option?

FM 14 in-game editor had an instant heel function.

What...like Hogan NWO era, or are we talking more Andre the Giant? 'mazin!

I suspect what happens is that naturally aggressive (or dirty) players will shirt pull and the like if the "stay on feet" option is toggled and their man seems about to go by them. If it's just not working as a tactic I suppose it could also lead to higher frustration levels and more aggressive tackling? Not sure about that though, although it seems logical.

Selects heel function.

Mid game, star player rips off shirt to reveal rival shirt then proceeds to score own goal.

Fans wave banners stating 'JUDAS 3:16'

Sorry, Kriss said I posted in the wrong thread first time. So many rules so little time :)

Some feedback on selling players as a LLM.... brilliant!

I just stated a career game with a Vanarama North club in England (Stockport). On the final day of the first transfer window (Aug 31st 2014) Birmingham City tabled a bid for a 16 year old who was in my first team squad but had only played a couple of games because he was injured at the time. He was worth £4.5k and on a £5 per week youth contract.

Birmingham offered £4.1k over 12 months which I rejected.

Birmingham then offered the player a contract with me getting £5k compensation.

I wasn't happy with that as I don't want to develop a player that I know is leaving when he turns 17 so I offered him a part time contract myself which he accepted because he 'loves the club'

Birmingham then came back with a much improved offer

I eventually negotiated them up to £20K up front, another £28K over 12 months plus £3.5k for each of the first 10 league appearances plus other stuff that brought the potential fee to £118k.... oh plus a guaranteed friendly at the start at 2015/16 season.

The supporters feedback was that they were sorry to see the player go but were happy to have got such a good deal (yeah I know that's normal for most deals in my experience)

My captain 'had concerns' but when I told him I would use this to bring in a better player he was happy.

One suggestion as a LLM... usually when a big club comes in for one of your players you let them go because you don't want to stand in the way of a players career and it encourages other players at your club to think hey I can do that too. But FM doesn't have that option when you transfer out.... you have select the 'deal was too good to turn down' option as all the others are quite negative.

So overall I know it's only one deal so not a representation of the whole game but based on this one deal it's incredibly close to I know how this aspect works in real life... except the player would usually stick two fingers up when you offered them a contract if a Championship club had declared an interest heh

I'm still finding away matches weird.

At home, my players run around. Like, there are sprints. Running. Performances are usually 7+ across the board, with only one or two players below.

Away from home nobody ever does anything more than jog. Performances are usually around the 6.9 mark if we play well. The team does not press effectively and if told to stand off, they don't do that properly either, and leave massive gaps. Playing narrow doesn't help, playing wide doesn't help. Telling them to get stuck in does nothing at all (well, apart from causing players to get themselves sent off... there's no real improvement in regaining possession) and telling them to stay on their feet makes the lack of tackling even worse.

I don't know if it's down to an issue per se or if something has changed regarding motivation and morale and away fixtures this year. But I know it isn't a tactical issue after a helluva lot of "research" that's cost me a lot of draws in the league lately.

The really odd thing about it is, this didn't start until about 7 matches after the patch before last.

At the moment I'm just blaming Rooney.

Selects heel function.

Mid game, star player rips off shirt to reveal rival shirt then proceeds to score own goal.

Fans wave banners stating 'JUDAS 3:16'

Best to be proactive than reactive. Plus, having the option to tone down injuries in the PRE game editor will tone it down for all players in the game. The in-game editor just cures the injury for your player. Plus, there are some people who think the injuries are just fine. For me personally, I haven't had an issue yet, and for others they think the injuries are too much. Since the pre game editor is basically an open platform editor, why not give the people the option to adjust things like that?

Best to be proactive than reactive. Plus, having the option to tone down injuries in the PRE game editor will tone it down for all players in the game. The in-game editor just cures the injury for your player. Plus, there are some people who think the injuries are just fine. For me personally, I haven't had an issue yet, and for others they think the injuries are too much. Since the pre game editor is basically an open platform editor, why not give the people the option to adjust things like that?

There's a wishlist thread for these things. You should add it there too.

I'm still finding away matches weird.

At home, my players run around. Like, there are sprints. Running. Performances are usually 7+ across the board, with only one or two players below.

Away from home nobody ever does anything more than jog. Performances are usually around the 6.9 mark if we play well. The team does not press effectively and if told to stand off, they don't do that properly either, and leave massive gaps. Playing narrow doesn't help, playing wide doesn't help. Telling them to get stuck in does nothing at all (well, apart from causing players to get themselves sent off... there's no real improvement in regaining possession) and telling them to stay on their feet makes the lack of tackling even worse.

I don't know if it's down to an issue per se or if something has changed regarding motivation and morale and away fixtures this year. But I know it isn't a tactical issue after a helluva lot of "research" that's cost me a lot of draws in the league lately.

The really odd thing about it is, this didn't start until about 7 matches after the patch before last.

At the moment I'm just blaming Rooney.

Get a different bus company, they obviously think you're taking them on holiday :D

Keep forgetting to add my own feedback here.

Absolutely loving it tbh, already the best FM version by a long way imo.

Playing FMC, started with a nothing club in Brazil Div3 and after 3 seasons am closing in on promotion.

State leagues are fun as you play mostly non league teams and rattle up big scores so by the time the real stuff starts morale is high and everybody is fit.

They also have a diddy regional cup (FA Vase level) which is very winnable.

None of the games issues are bad enough to spoil the fun.

I can't be botherd to read through 43 pages so I don't know whether this has been reported before, but every time I go over a button with my mouse, the color changes for a few seconds.

For example, in this picture the FM button turned red when I hover over it with my cursor, although there's still a small black dot in it, but it doesn't change back to black if I take my cursor of it.

The same applies for the next picture, where team instructions I select aren't completely green.

TA4jEg3.png

I have this problem with pretty much all buttons in the game, which makes it really ugly. I've tried to play in windowed mode, different language, different resolution, but that didn't help. I'm using a downloaded skin at the moment but I've had this problem from the beginning.

One last complaint is about the tactics screen which is absolutely atrocious, by far the worst change SI ever made to the game. The one in 2014 was perfect, no need to change it.

Hi Toin - could you try going into the Interface section of your FM Preferences, and changing rendering mode to Software, not GPU Assisted? Let me know if that solves this for you.

Hi everyone - just a feedback. So far, game is pretty good - little issues with already mentioned things like injuries, high scoring games and crazy goalkeepers but its not such a big problem (I am sure that those problems will be solved for official release) - I am using beta version for exploring the new FM. Design is excellent, I really like it, it just took a while to get used to some things (first you have to choose a tactic before choosing a player for a team on a players list), where to find them etc... Can't wait for official release - I think that this game will be much better from the beginning than FM2014.

Played the demo a little while longer, and I'm gonna have to repeat the extent of my issue with the tactics screen- to be honest, it's getting to the point where it's bad enough for me to skip FM15 and come back for FM16, or at least wait until there's a skin which does some major surgery on it.

qOQay3Z.png

This is the screen I am greeted with. The default view on the Tactics screen does not let me see which position each player can play in. That is perhaps the single most important piece of information I need when trying to set up a tactic. I don't at that point need to know their morale, their form or whether they're home grown- hell, I don't even need to know their name. I just need to know which positions they can play. But it's not there. And, to compound the problem, trying to get that information to appear on the tactics screen as a column is a positively Sisyphean task. Adding, resizing and removing columns seems to have a different outcome every time- none of which are the intended effect. I've seen columns grow, shrink, vanish and appear.

I appreciate it was a design choice to move the Roles information to a column, rather than keeping it on the pitch. But it was a bad one, and one which is making just putting a basic tactic together, even just changing players from one game to the next, a real slog.

Can anyone start an online game at moment or are we not allowed till the full version is out?

Wait for the full game.

are Columns fixed or do they still disappear at random, only thing keeping me from enjoying the game atm

are Columns fixed or do they still disappear at random, only thing keeping me from enjoying the game atm

You tell us?

I'm very much enjoying the new FM, love the improvements to the scouting system and changes to the layout.

However since the latest patch I've found that the opposition has a tendency to stage miraculous comebacks. I know that these can happen in games but it's happened 4-5 times a season from strong leading positions, 3 or 4 goal advantages at halftime. I don't mind loosing but it just feels like I'm being cheated.

Also I'm not finding defender ratings to reflect a performance, if I'm loosing 4-0 after 30 minutes then my defenders shouldn't be at 6.6 or higher.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or it is deliberate, but it's January, and I can't offer contracts to Israeli players who have less than 6 months left on their contract (at another club).

I am managing an Israeli club, and I can offer deals to players based abroad.

Question for the nerds:

In the interface section of the preferences, I can choose for either GPU rendering or software rendering. What's the difference and which is better?

Is the high scoring likely to be sorted by release Friday?? I'm a little bit skeptical as iv noticed no change LLM on 15.0.3 update

thank you so much, really helpfull answer.

You're the one who had issues. Why don't you give your feedback as to whether this is fixed?

Having played a bit with 15.0.3 i think it still has some flaws (which is normal).

Goalkeepers tend to be underrated and make silly mistakes is the main problem for me now.