Sports Interactive Community
Lucas

Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Here is an interesting bug:

1. set up a tactic with player instructions saved.

2. load a new save and import the tactic

3. check your player instructions

The player instructions are random players/non-players from all over the world!

From lower league Chinese defenders, to chairmen!

More quick demo feedback -- and a question regarding the UI overhaul.

Excessive dribblings, at least for the top leagues, appear a leftover from FM 2014. Though the stat isn't wholly reliable upon actually watching those runs in the movement analysis of a match (see CCCs, cough), at least it wasn't in FM 2014, up until FM 2013 those figures were pretty spot on. Only the very top dribblers of a league averaged four, five successful runs a match, or even a tad more. But Hazard hits the 10+ mark with each simulation (and appears to top this chart each time, given his attributes), and there are a vast number of players that average successful runs in numbers only the likes of Ronaldo, Ribery et all hit in real footie. On Conference level, this disappears though (all simulated in full match details).

EijDt0p.jpg

Also there is a bug in the player mistakes stats page that has it that there is almost always a player or two who gets awarded a huge amount of errors. It's always a keeper or two and naturally only with competitions you let simulate in full detail. Speaking of which, it would be kind of useful to know what the statistics actually defines as a "mistake".

d6UWr1b.jpg

Also the quick sim mode still hasn't been updated, despite there being much more action in a match ever since FM 2013. As a result, some statistics of competitions you don't simulate in full detail are miles off the actual match engine's stats, such as the distances covered over 90 minutes.

1H6fwLm.jpg

Statistics of the PL, fully simulated.

kM5wRyq.jpg

The Championship, not simulated in full detail.

Talking about distances covered, fully simmed, there appears to be zero difference between top of the tops and Conference level, and this at least used to be a tad (if not much) different on earlier iterations of the game also. I don't have real-life statistics on this, though, and you might file this under the "neat touch" that used to make the game that tad more believable. However, as usual, in the quick sim, there is a huge difference here too, as is/was intended to be.

vNqP5cA.jpg

Conference North, fully simulated, also notice the number of top athletes competing with Premier League players.

f8S2C5Q.jpg

Conference South, NOT fully simulated, also notice the notable difference between this and the top levels posted above.

As a further ado, the new interface is made specifically with wide screen resolutions and screens only in mind, innit? My current desktop machine still runs on a 4:3 screen, which to this day I have only minor qualms with, as games typically support that resolution still and are playable. FM is too, however, the all-new menu bar on the left side of the screen takes up a large chunk of screen space during match days, and unlike the action bar that automatically pops in and out, seems permanent, even though it is of zero use for the actual match day. According to Steam's HW survey, about 10% of their users still are on 4:3 screens, which makes this an odd decision for FM, as it typically caters to any hardware still in use. http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Seems to be a huge amount of crosses and corners since the update. Wingers seem to play for the corner constantly rather than get the ball into the box, corners also seem very difficult to defend, unless you set a player to zonal mark the six yard box you conceed far too often.

I'm also finding the ball really hard to see sometimes. Is there anyway of brightening it up, or just making it white rather than the greyish colour it is at the moment?

Isn't something like all injuries last 1 day?

I think I can confirm - in most of my matches I get like one injured player, who as soon as the match is over has already recovered with no sign of said injury (only with lower condition though). So I'm thinking are these one-day injuries a 'feature', in terms of increased realism, or is it just my luck?

I realise I'm treating this as a petition of sorts but allow me to add my name to the list of people who have already stated that the Tactics screen is horrific.

Far too cluttered. I've also had to take to choosing my side pre-game from the Squad screen.

I think I can confirm - in most of my matches I get like one injured player, who as soon as the match is over has already recovered with no sign of said injury (only with lower condition though). So I'm thinking are these one-day injuries a 'feature', in terms of increased realism, or is it just my luck?

It's always been a feature, just as irl a match injury can be very short term.

There are three types of match events regarding injuries.

1) The "painful knock" that just lowers condition

2) The "possible injury knock" that lowers condition and carries the risk of the player being injured after the match unless substituted (or more seriously injured unless substituted). In about 50% of the cases (according to my experience) it results in a real injury after the match, though mostly not serious ones. In the other 50% of the cases nothing happens.

3) The "injury" that takes the player out of the match immediately. Usually that's a rather serious injury, even though sometimes the player results not injured at all after the match

There are three types of match events regarding injuries.

1) The "painful knock" that just lowers condition

2) The "possible injury knock" that lowers condition and carries the risk of the player being injured after the match unless substituted (or more seriously injured unless substituted). In about 50% of the cases (according to my experience) it results in a real injury after the match, though mostly not serious ones. In the other 50% of the cases nothing happens.

3) The "injury" that takes the player out of the match immediately. Usually that's a rather serious injury, even though sometimes the player results not injured at all after the match

Seems I didn't make myself clear - what I meant was the serious injuries, i.e. the ones that cause player to be in need of substitution immediately. Through all of the previous FM's they turned out to be literally serious, putting the player out of the training for some time. That's clear. But in FM 2015, those serious injuries really seem to heal as soon as the match is over. I've never experienced so many serious-but-short-term injuries.

even though sometimes the player results not injured at all after the match

That's the key: "sometimes". I seem to experience it like every second match. Actually in my game (after 19 matches in Spanish Secunda B) I've got only 1 seriously injured player, out of the training for 5 weeks IIRC.

But maybe I just got the wrong impression though. I'll keep an eye out for this in the future.

Are the demo and the latest 15.0.3 beta the same in terms of updates/patches ?

Thx

Read back through the last 20 hours of this thread for a definitive answer.

To much corner goals and to few DFK goals this new beta 15.0.3 update. Was better in 15.0.2. But al the other bugs are fixed nog, thats great :)

Agree on too many corner goals, but not on the DFK. Are far too many DFK goals in my current save. Playing in conference north and feels like every player is Beckham when it comes to DFK. Both my team and the opponents score over half of all DFK's.

Seems I didn't make myself clear - what I meant was the serious injuries, i.e. the ones that cause player to be in need of substitution immediately. Through all of the previous FM's they turned out to be literally serious, putting the player out of the training for some time. That's clear. But in FM 2015, those serious injuries really seem to heal as soon as the match is over. I've never experienced so many serious-but-short-term injuries.

Red injuries have always been like that in FM.

They force a player off the pitch but they may or may not be injured after the match.

Not seeing any injury problems now tbh, I always start the season with a balanced average training set up and allow my pre season games to get their fitness levels up, also playing 45-55 mins each per game to build up their match fitness.

Too many goals against from opposition from either corners/crosses, never seen them score any other type of goal.

Players intellegence seems lower at the moment, players trying shots when there are 3-4 players standing in front of them instead of passing to an open colleague, players either running away from the ball or just stop running after ball which allows the opposition to get it, back passes from the centre line WTF is that all about. Also players stand there with ball at their feet and do nothing seemingly waiting for opposition players to simply run up and take the ball away from them.

They force a player off the pitch but they may or may not be injured after the match.

Alright, that settles it for now. For future I'll just count the serious and those aforementioned serious-but-not-so-serious injuries, just to have some numbers to think about. Cheers.

BTW FM15 after the last patch is looking really good. I'm predicting massive amount of hours nicely spend over this one.

That's the key: "sometimes". I seem to experience it like every second match. Actually in my game (after 19 matches in Spanish Secunda B) I've got only 1 seriously injured player, out of the training for 5 weeks IIRC.

But maybe I just got the wrong impression though. I'll keep an eye out for this in the future.

Yeah well it's no short-term-injury or 1-day-injury, it's just no injury at all. However I agree that this shouldn't happen so often. I mean, how many times is a player unable to continue a match, possibly even being carried off the pitch, and then he's just fine in reality. But that did happen frequently in FM 14, too.

Agree on too many corner goals, but not on the DFK. Are far too many DFK in my current save. Playing in conference north and feels like every player is Beckham when it comes to DFK. Both my team and the opponents score over half of all DFK's.

It seems the new patch made it easier for the big teams to win matches. Maybe it's because corners and DFK are a bit overpowered. They also create more chances, have more shots on goal and concede less goals.

And i am talking about AI vs AI.

Speaking of which, I think there should be more awareness of the importance of a match.

I see a lot of green injured players during minor league/cup matches and nobody seems to care, and then... 89th minute... Champions Cup final... a player is "forced to come off" and after the match... "just kidding, I'm fine, I was only a little tired"... I wish I could fine them for cowardice :)

Ive already post x2 on this "bug forum" its way way to easy to get sacked get a job get sacked get a job in fm15 and no one has noticed...7 jobs in 1 season...surely that's not right?? even David Moyes hasn't got a job since being sacked from UTD irl.

Could you start a thread in the bugs forum please - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/434-Manager-Contracts-and-Job-Interviews

Hi, I have to say first that I have played FM for many years and loved FM 15(even if just beta) before the latest patch. Season 1 I won the Premier League with Arsenal, came to semi final in Champions League with 0 transfers.

Then season 2, where the patch came in the pre season. Then it feels like I play FM 14 again, I can have 10 chances alone with the goalkeeper in one match and just have 2 shots on target and 0 goals. And the AI needs 1-2 chances each match to score. And I thought maybe its my tactic, and tried like 5 tactics and still played good fotball, created alot of chances but the team couldnt score even with open goal. I have 2 coaches on finish/shoottraining or whatever they call it in english.. So 4,5 starts on that, 4,5 stars on offensive training etc, but still feels like I have Arsenal when it comes to the way the play, how many chances etc. But have a team of 4 year old childs when it comes to finishing. So now in season 2 I got sacked from the job, even if I played exelent fotball(not to sound like Moyes...:p ) and created ALOT of chances each match, but I honnestly think a kid on 2 years should have scored more.

Like Alexis, went from the midfield past EVERYONE, and by that I mean EVERYONE, also the goalkeeper, but finished like 3-4-5meters from the goal on OPEN GOAL...

Match engine is really better, now !

I've a question about regens. In my game after 3 seasons played, there's loads of world class regens, really plenty of incredible young players, it seems like every regen playing in a first class club, is going to be messi, thiago silva or ronaldo !!!

Is it the same for other gamers or is it me having an obsession with that ?

edit : I'll post it in "scouting" part of the forum, think it's a better place !

Is "seems" the most used word in this thread? :) either it does and there's evidence or it doesn't and it should do.

Can someone confirm whether or not the beta match engine will be brought in line with the demo at some point today.

I'm sure you'll agree that having 2 versions of the match engine running at the same time is not a great state of affairs.

I don't really want to have to download the Demo from my 'cough' wife's steam account 'cough' just to see the latest version of the match engine when i have in fact already paid for the game........... just sayin :)

This must be a bug, right?

June 2nd: half my team are playing internationals (SAM qualifiers)

June 3rd: Champions League final

What season are you in? Could you please post this in the bugs forum and upload a save game from just before these players are called up? Failing that, one that shows them as away for the match should help. Cheers.

So, I guess this has been discussed before, but... Why is there a goal chance in EVERY last play? It's worse than Captain Tsubasa.

There isn't, it just feels like that when you're the victim :)

Agents are a bunch of a$$holes in FM15!

Not only they regularly ask for huge fees plus bonus on the signing; if they don't like your opening offer they are very quick to give you an ultimatum and most likely break any talk at the second offer if you don't fully meet their requests!

I think this should be toned down a little.

Can someone confirm whether or not the beta match engine will be brought in line with the demo at some point today.

I'm sure you'll agree that having 2 versions of the match engine running at the same time is not a great state of affairs.

I don't really want to have to have to download the Demo from my 'cough' wife's steam account 'cough' just to see the latest version of the match engine when i have in fact already paid for the game........... just sayin :)

Probably not with release so close and it really is no big deal, the changes between 1529 and 1530 are miniscule and you should take something for that cough (make sure it doesn't react to your paranoia pills though) :D

Agents are a bunch of a$$holes in FM15!

Not only they regularly ask for huge fees plus bonus on the signing; if they don't like your opening offer they are very quick to give you an ultimatum and most likely break any talk at the second offer if you don't fully meet their requests!

I think this should be toned down a little.

Have you ever dealt with a rl agent? :)

My wife just asked me ' would you divorce me if I stopped you playing football manager?'. I told her to stop jabbering in my ear as I'm talking to the board of directors about affiliated clubs. Women!!!!!

My wife just asked me ' would you divorce me if I stopped you playing football manager?'. I told her to stop jabbering in my ear as I'm talking to the board of directors about affiliated clubs. Women!!!!!

I think I'm married, some woman brings coffee and sarnies every now and then anyway.

All I can think of us trying is changing the save name, changing destination or trying to save it as "name.fm". If not, try saving to the cloud - might work.
I think I'm married, some woman brings coffee and sarnies every now and then anyway.
she knows that come Friday she will get nothing out of me. Think I've got to take her out for breakfast in the morning(via game). After that she can sod off.

Have you ever dealt with a rl agent? :)

luckily no, I haven't!

I think that might be realistic and it might happen, though I'm pretty sure if an agent breaks contract talks so early (without having other offers on the table) he actually wants the club to come back with a better offer asap. While after talks breakdown they'll refuse any approach for weeks...

I guess I must forget my typical, very low first offer when handling negotiations...

When the full version comes out, do you just continue with the games you have in beta, or do you need to restart the entire game again?

Just some feedback:

Doing really well in my first 'proper' save game season and Vertonghen (moody player) has piped up about moving to City and I told him to hush down. Eriksen, also in good form, has come to me about interest from Juventus and CL football. I'm 3rd in the league and CL is a possibility. I told Eriksen to see how we get on. Verts on the other hand is no longer my BFF.

I like these interactions but, IMO, I still think there's way too many of them - more so with players demanding first team football when the reality is they're getting it or their squad status doesn't guarantee it.

I think with someone like Eriksen (newly signed in real life and early in his contract) he shouldn't be too hesitant to demand a move - bang in the middle of what looks to be a good solid season.

To reply to the above poster who is playing as Tottenham - so am I.

Had no interest in Eriksen but Man Utd made me an offer for Vertongen. He's listed as a Man Utd supporter in game. I rejected the offer and he didn't complain and went on to sign a new deal.

I'm just having my first look at the tactics screen in the demo and I can't seem to find the tactics creator.

At the minute i've been going: Create new tactic > Set to formation > and then choosing a formation. But if i'm not sure which formation I want i've got to repeat this process instead of just scrolling through the different formation's.

Am I missing something here? In the past I would just press 'open tactics creator'

It seems really really easy to turn your squad against you as well. Had a player ask for a new contract because i turned down a bid for him, in real life he just signed a new contract in the summer, which the game shows, so i didnt want to give him a new one so soon after. Now he has demanded to leave, half my squad are unhappy over it and its caused a nightmare. I cant speak to the player in question any more, i cant speak to my squad again despite me telling them i was trying to do best for the club, no club would offer an improved contract 2 months after a player just signed an improved contract so it just doesnt really add up in a real life scenario.

To reply to the above poster who is playing as Tottenham - so am I.

Had no interest in Eriksen but Man Utd made me an offer for Vertongen. He's listed as a Man Utd supporter in game. I rejected the offer and he didn't complain and went on to sign a new deal.

In my previous beta save he kicked up a fuss almost from the start of the game but then committed. I'm pretty sure he'll do the same (quiet down) in due course and state he's happy again. However, one or two on here have mentioned the fact they've got as much as £40M for him...so I might not want him to regain a smile (not that he ever smiles in real life).

So, I guess this has been discussed before, but... Why is there a goal chance in EVERY last play? It's worse than Captain Tsubasa.

I noticed that, the last three games i played, the oppositon scored in the last 5 minutes, causing 1 loss and 2 draws

When the full version comes out, do you just continue with the games you have in beta, or do you need to restart the entire game again?

Just carry on :)

Just carry on :)

Cheers, does the same usually go for when people bring out player face packs and other leagues (eg J-League)? Sorry, im a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff

It seems really really easy to turn your squad against you as well. Had a player ask for a new contract because i turned down a bid for him, in real life he just signed a new contract in the summer, which the game shows, so i didnt want to give him a new one so soon after. Now he has demanded to leave, half my squad are unhappy over it and its caused a nightmare. I cant speak to the player in question any more, i cant speak to my squad again despite me telling them i was trying to do best for the club, no club would offer an improved contract 2 months after a player just signed an improved contract so it just doesnt really add up in a real life scenario.

I'd say that was a bug. The first part is fair enough - if you reject a bid, it's quite common for a player to ask for a new contract. There's seems to be a disconnection at this point though, regarding when a contract was last renewed. They need to ramp up that variable, so that scenario doesn't play out unless the last contract renewal was, say, over a season ago.

Unless this actually happens in real life, but I'd seriously doubt a player would go that far so soon.

Cheers, does the same usually go for when people bring out player face packs and other leagues (eg J-League)? Sorry, im a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff

If you have facepacks etc installed, they stay installed if that's what you mean?

If you have facepacks etc installed, they stay installed if that's what you mean?

No, what i mean is, if you install them after you have started a game, you dont need to start a new game for them to work