Sports Interactive Community
Lucas

Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

It's still there for me but no longer shows number of scouts allowed. Which is annoying.

Noticed this too. No way should a keeper be taking a free kick from these kind of positions. And he definitely shouldn't be just randomly hoofing it while his goal isn't defended.

Noticed that. Wish they would put it back.

Can anybody actually confirm the demo is 15.1.0 and not just the database , preferably with a screenshot ?

Surely we are not playing the beta with an outdated ME like the guy a few posts back is saying ?

Edit ( where do you even see ME version ?)

I seem to be the only person wondering why we are being asked to provide feedback on a Match Engine that has already been superceded.

And why non paying DEMO users are enjoying a more current version of the game than beta customers who have paid for the privilege.

I seem to be the only person wondering why we are being asked to provide feedback on a Match Engine that has already been superceded.

And why non paying DEMO users are enjoying a more current version of the game than beta customers who have paid for the privilege.

Are they? Is the demo not 15.0.3 too?

In order to test whether there are too many goals in Football Manager – and if so to what extent - I have holidayed through five seasons in full detail with all divisions in England loaded. I will compare these with the equivalent real life divisions, taking into consideration their averages over the previous five seasons.

This is measured through average goals per game.

Premier League:

09/10: 2.77 v 2.82 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.80 v 2.88 :Run-through 2

11/12: 2.81 v 2.83 :Run-through 3

12/13: 2.80 v 2.97 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.77 v 2.83 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.79 v 2.87 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 0.80 more goals a week, and 30 more goals a season than in real life for the Premier League.

Championship:

09/10: 2.58 v 2.95 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.74 v 2.96 :Run-through 2

11/12: 2.57 v 2.90 :Run-through 3

12/13: 2.71 v 2.73 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.60 v 2.90 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.64 v 2.89 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 3 more goals a week, and 138 more goals a season than in real life for the Championship.

League One:

09/10: 2.64 v 2.79 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.73 v 2.80 :Run-through 2

11/12: 2.70 v 2.99 :Run-through 3

12/13: 2.48 v 2.89 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.67 v 2.81 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.64 v 2.86 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 2.64 more goals a week, and 121 more goals a season than in real life for League One.

League Two:

09/10:2.62 v 2.85 :Run-through 1

10/11:2.73 v 2.85 :Run-through 2

11/12:2.64 v 3.03 :Run-through 3

12/13:2.56 v 2.95 :Run-through 4

13/14:2.34 v 3.03 :Run-through 5

5 Season average:2.58 v 2.94 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 4.32 more goals a week, and 199 more goals a season than in real life for League Two.

Conference Premier:

09/10: 2.56 v 3.16 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.81 v 3.07 :Run-through 2

11/12: 2.85 v 3.14 :Run-through 3

12/13: 2.88 v 3.17 :Run-through 4 (Four teams managed over 100 goals…)

13/14: 2.70 v 3.00 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.76 v 3.11 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 4.2 more goals a week, and 193 more goals a season than in real life for the Conference National.

Conference North:

09/10: 2.98 v 3.56 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.99 v 3.21 :Run-through 2

11/12: 3.20 v 3.49 :Run-through 3

12/13: 3.12 v 3.23 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.91 v 3.51 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 3.04 v 3.40 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 3.96 more goals a week, and 166 more goals a season than in real life for the Conference North.

Conference South:

09/10: 2.76 v 3.11 :Run-through 1

11/12: 2.83 v 3.52 :Run-through 3

12/13: 3.05 v 3.35 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.77 v 3.23 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.84 v 3.26 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 4.62 more goals a week, and 194 more goals a season than in real life for the Conference South.

As can be seen, there are significantly more goals scored in Football Manager 2015 than there are in real life. There are a few seasons between the Championship and League One where goal values fall around the expected range, but these are clearly the exception rather than the norm. Indeed, only Run-through 4 in the Championship yielded a goals per game average that falls within the divisional range. Therefore I suggest that the issue of too many goals (particularly in the lower leagues) is not fixed!

I can upload the save game/ post this on the bugs forum if needed.

Ps. Can anyone tell I’m unemployed…. And single :D

good stats

Can anybody actually confirm the demo is 15.1.0 and not just the database , preferably with a screenshot ?

Surely we are not playing the beta with an outdated ME like the guy a few posts back is saying ?

Just wait, we've passed it up the food chain and expect to hear back soon.

At worst somebody pressed one button instead of two :) but anyway at this stage the difference between two ME versions can be as little as one update so mass hysteria is a bit pointless.

Are they? Is the demo not 15.0.3 too?

According to a guy a page back the ME in the Demo is v1530 compared to 1529 in the Beta.

At worst somebody pressed one button instead of two :) but anyway at this stage the difference between two ME versions can be as little as one update so mass hysteria is a bit pointless.

No hysteria mate, just seemed too bizarre to be true.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned already, but I seem to lost 90% of goals from wings or corners. Seems like a bit too much and I remember the same problem with FM14, which was later fixed.

In order to test whether there are too many goals in Football Manager – and if so to what extent - I have holidayed through five seasons in full detail with all divisions in England loaded. I will compare these with the equivalent real life divisions, taking into consideration their averages over the previous five seasons.

This is measured through average goals per game.

Premier League:

09/10: 2.77 v 2.82 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.80 v 2.88 :Run-through 2

11/12: 2.81 v 2.83 :Run-through 3

12/13: 2.80 v 2.97 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.77 v 2.83 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.79 v 2.87 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 0.80 more goals a week, and 30 more goals a season than in real life for the Premier League.

Championship:

09/10: 2.58 v 2.95 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.74 v 2.96 :Run-through 2

11/12: 2.57 v 2.90 :Run-through 3

12/13: 2.71 v 2.73 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.60 v 2.90 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.64 v 2.89 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 3 more goals a week, and 138 more goals a season than in real life for the Championship.

League One:

09/10: 2.64 v 2.79 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.73 v 2.80 :Run-through 2

11/12: 2.70 v 2.99 :Run-through 3

12/13: 2.48 v 2.89 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.67 v 2.81 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.64 v 2.86 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 2.64 more goals a week, and 121 more goals a season than in real life for League One.

League Two:

09/10:2.62 v 2.85 :Run-through 1

10/11:2.73 v 2.85 :Run-through 2

11/12:2.64 v 3.03 :Run-through 3

12/13:2.56 v 2.95 :Run-through 4

13/14:2.34 v 3.03 :Run-through 5

5 Season average:2.58 v 2.94 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 4.32 more goals a week, and 199 more goals a season than in real life for League Two.

Conference Premier:

09/10: 2.56 v 3.16 :Run-through 1

11/12: 2.85 v 3.14 :Run-through 3

12/13: 2.88 v 3.17 :Run-through 4 (Four teams managed over 100 goals…)

13/14: 2.70 v 3.00 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.76 v 3.11 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 4.2 more goals a week, and 193 more goals a season than in real life for the Conference National.

Conference North:

09/10: 2.98 v 3.56 :Run-through 1

10/11: 2.99 v 3.21 :Run-through 2

11/12: 3.20 v 3.49 :Run-through 3

12/13: 3.12 v 3.23 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.91 v 3.51 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 3.04 v 3.40 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 3.96 more goals a week, and 166 more goals a season than in real life for the Conference North.

Conference South:

09/10: 2.76 v 3.11 :Run-through 1

11/12: 2.83 v 3.52 :Run-through 3

12/13: 3.05 v 3.35 :Run-through 4

13/14: 2.77 v 3.23 :Run-through 5

5 Season average: 2.84 v 3.26 :Run-through Average

This shows that through my run-through Football Manager produced on average 4.62 more goals a week, and 194 more goals a season than in real life for the Conference South.

As can be seen, there are significantly more goals scored in Football Manager 2015 than there are in real life. There are a few seasons between the Championship and League One where goal values fall around the expected range, but these are clearly the exception rather than the norm. Indeed, only Run-through 4 in the Championship yielded a goals per game average that falls within the divisional range. Therefore I suggest that the issue of too many goals (particularly in the lower leagues) is not fixed!

I can upload the save game/ post this on the bugs forum if needed.

Ps. Can anyone tell I’m unemployed…. And single :D

Top work. Premier League isnt too bad. The others are wow. Mental

According to a guy a page back the ME in the Demo is v1530 compared to 1529 in the Beta.

No hysteria mate, just seemed too bizarre to be true.

It's not bizarre, my guess is that they want to put more than just ME1530 into the next update you get, ergo the Demo was ready to roll but Beta update isn't yet.

Demo is 15.1.0 with v1530 vs Beta 15.0.3 v1529

Old news, can you just calm down until an answer is forthcoming :)

Another one gone with a torn calf muscle about 3 days later. Bit of a joke

Completely agree with the injuries. I know a team like Man UTD and some others are smashed with injuries in real life but i too have started new careers (4 in fact) and within 3 games for each new career i have had 6, 10, 9 and 11 injuries!!

I know others will agree with me when i say there are FAR too many injuries. So this leads me to another question, does the ingame editor (or pre game editor) have some kind of slider where you can lower the amount of injuries?

Similar to like a Madden game

A quick passing through with a weird media occurrence.

I just won the Bundesliga so I'm answering questions.

Suddenly I get a question asking how my captain feels about winning the Europa League, haven't even played the semi yet, odd, but I play along.

The next question is literally, oh no, you've been knocked out of the Europa League, how do you feel....

O_O

Previously i've not been sure if the injuries are too much or not but in 3 weeks 6 of my starting players have received injuries keeping them out for a month+.. doesn't seem right

Ive already post x2 on this "bug forum" its way way to easy to get sacked get a job get sacked get a job in fm15 and no one has noticed...7 jobs in 1 season...surely that's not right?? even David Moyes hasn't got a job since being sacked from UTD irl.

Something quite annoying happens every so often in the negotiations when trying to loan a player.

On the loan screen it says that the club do not require any money for the wages and do not require any monthly fee, now this has caught me out twice, I admit I should have spotted it before agreeing to the loan but for some reason even though no fee is required some random fee appears, I have caught it a couple of times and set it to zero and that was that but again I just missed it and agreed a loan with a fee of 17.5k per month when the players club did not require any payments at all.

As I said, quite annoying.

Previously i've not been sure if the injuries are too much or not but in 3 weeks 6 of my starting players have received injuries keeping them out for a month+.. doesn't seem right

I feel your pain - i've got 11 out at the moment

, does the ingame editor (or pre game editor) have some kind of slider where you can lower the amount of injuries?

Similar to like a Madden game

Don't think so but I think it might have an instant heal function.

Isn't something like all injuries last 1 day?

Dunno, have to ask somebody who'll admit using it :D

Suggestion to the tech team:

Make the advanced 3D options more tweakable without editing the game's presets yourself via a text editor. This is what the "high detail" preset file looks like, which as you can see you can tweak as you wish, manually:

J9ImmmL.jpg

The issue is that whilst the game has an advanced graphics options sub menu, a lot of, if not all of these settings are locked to the presets. Meaning that if you chose a "low detail" preset, the texture quality will be very bad, and even on medium it won't be good either. One of the most taxing settings which enables anti-aliasing to varying degrees is locked to the presets too. Anti-aliasing, which simply put make the edges of 3d objects appear more smoothly, is comparably taxing on hardware the higher you go, and on the "high preset" you cannot tweak this down anymore when going into the advanced graphic options. It must be comparably high and is likely set to such by the "filter_quality" entry seen in the file above. Shader options can be taxing too, but this too cannot be tweaked in the game. It is set in stone by the preset you pick: very low, low, medium, high, very high.

I noticed this on FM 2013 already. My current video card isn't all that great, but can still run a lot of modern games pretty decently. In particular certain filters, such as anti-aliasing can really make any game slow to a crawl on any hardware, and this apparently can happen on FM also. This makes me puzzled why pretty much the only "advanced options" you have in the actual game are basic toggles: "Stadium on/off", "Weather on/off", "Crowd on/off" altering general scene complexity, but not the actual visual fidelity. Bluntly but, the textures look, crap on "medium settings" or even below by any halfway modern standards, and you cannot change this in-game. However the filters on "high" enabled evidently bog down cards that can run Skyrim, Dishonored, Alien Isolation et all with relative ease and miles better texture and lighting quality. A pity since all that for instance crisper textures require in general is a halfway decent amount of video memory, and any budget card is equipped with tons of it these days.

Don't think so but I think it might have an instant heal function.

I think you are right but that's for individual players. I'd hate to think how long it would take to "fix" everyone if all teams had 10+ injuries. IMO i think the injuries occur far too often. Most of them as well are for at least a couple months - it needs fixing

I think you are right but that's for individual players. I'd hate to think how long it would take to "fix" everyone if all teams had 10+ injuries. IMO i think the injuries occur far too often. Most of them as well are for at least a couple months - it needs fixing

How many do you have out injured right now?

What's the date and who are you managing?

How are the AI teams in your league doing regarding injuries?

Make the advanced 3D options more tweakable without editing the game's presets yourself via a text editor. This is what the "high detail" preset file looks like, which as you can see you can tweak as you wish, manually:

J9ImmmL.jpg

The issue is that whilst the game has an advanced graphics options sub menu, a lot of, if not all of these settings are locked to the presets. Meaning that if you chose a "low detail" preset, the texture quality will be very bad, and even on medium it won't be good either. One of the most taxing setting which enables anti-aliasing to varying degrees is locked to the presets too. Anti-aliasing, which simply put make the edges of 3d object appear more smoothly, is comparably taxing on hardware the higher you go, and on the "high preset" you cannot tweak this down anymore when going into the advanced graphic options. It must be comparably high and is likely set to such by the "filter_quality" entry seen in the file above.

I noticed this on FM 2013 already. My current video card isn't all that great, but can still run a lot of modern games pretty decently. In particular certain filters, such as anti-aliasing can really make any game slow to a crawl on any hardware, and this apparently can happen on FM also. This makes me puzzled why pretty much the only "advanced options" you have in the actual game are basic toggles: "Stadium on/off", "Weather on/off", "Crowd on/off" altering general scene complexity, but not the actual visual fidelity. Bluntly but, the textures look, bluntly, put, crap on "medium settings" or even below by any halfway modern standards, and you cannot change this. However the filters on "high" enabled evidently bog down cards that can run Skyrim, Dishonored, Alien Isolation et all with relative ease and miles better texture and lighting quality. A pity since all that for instance crisper textures require in general is a halfway decent amount of video memory, and any budget card is equipped with tons of it these days.

I found for FM14 un-ticking crowds helped a lot, and having downloaded the FM15 demo today it seems to be the case again. It makes the matches look a bit barren but I can cope with that.

Could you post that here please http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks there's a better chance of the right person seeing it then.

Demo is 15.1.0 with v1530 vs Beta 15.0.3 v1529

When an update is ready there will be an update, remember the Beta is very different to the Demo. Nothing to worry about and your feedback on 1529 is still very much useful to us.

Right now, 11

Managing Chelsea but can't give you the exact date yet as i'm at work but i know i've only played 3 Premier League games.

I've only checked Aston Villa, Man City and Everton - AV had 7, City had 10 and Everton had 11 as well 0_o

Right now, 11

Managing Chelsea but can't give you the exact date yet as i'm at work but i know i've only played 3 Premier League games.

I've only checked Aston Villa, Man City and Everton - AV had 7, City had 10 and Everton had 11 as well 0_o

It would help if you checked the other 16 teams too.

Your injuries...when did they happen? In pre-season? Were they match injuries or training?

Ok, i will let you know very shortly - i have my flatmate checking for me now

All injuries bar 1 occured during and after the first regular season PL game. For my 3 previous saves as well the injuries occured at roughly the same frequency and time of season.

Right now, 11

Ok, i will let you know very shortly - i have my flatmate checking for me now

All injuries bar 1 occured during and after the first regular season PL game. For my 3 previous saves as well the injuries occured at roughly the same frequency and time of season.

Right now, 11

Okay. Matches. How many minutes on average did they play in friendlies? How often did they play? Were your players match fit for the first game of the season? How often did you have matches in pre-season?

Training. What's your team training set as and at what intensity? Are you doing individual training and if yes, what intensity? Do you rest before, after or before and after games? Where is your match prep slider set in pre-season and when the season begins?

Jordan Robertson was signed by Bromley FC in the skrill south, as well as Duncan Culley from the even lower leagues. I know Robertson was in last years game. Any chance he could be put in the Bromley squad? I know it's hard because non league always change their players, but Robertson had amazing stats last year and I want to do a Bromley save.

Those transfers missed data lock so won't be in the release database. They will be added for a later update (if still at the club by then). I have put in the data forum the list of transfers we have done since data lock if you want to move them over yourself once the pre-game editor is out (that's what I do).

Okay. Matches. How many minutes on average did they play in friendlies? How often did they play? Were your players match fit for the first game of the season? How often did you have matches in pre-season?

Training. What's your team training set as and at what intensity? Are you doing individual training and if yes, what intensity? Do you rest before, after or before and after games? Where is your match prep slider set in pre-season and when the season begins?

Injuries:

Chelsea - 11

Man C - 10

Everton - 11

AV - 7

Man U - 7

Arsenal - 4

West Ham - 7

Burnley - 9

QPR - 7

Swansea - 10

Liverpool - 9

Tot - 6

West Brom - 12 lol

New Castle - 8

Stoke - 3

Hull - 10

Sunderland - 6

CP - 8

Leicester - 11

That's far more than i expected

Average minutes - 45 for starters/Maximum. This is for nearly all games.

Match fit, yes - everyone was good to go

How often were the matches in pre season? not 100% sure from memory but i only do a maximum of 2 games per week.

Training: No individual training setup yet, all team training. This is set to standard and/or low (as i hardly ever touch this). Ditto with the slider, left as standard/medium and lowered once "fluid". Rest after matches for players.

So what are the actual differences between the demo match-engine and the beta?

There ya go.

Too many players injured, it's really boring :( :(

Tell me about it - this is my save after 3 premier league games

Injuries:

Chelsea - 11

Man C - 10

Everton - 11

AV - 7

Man U - 7

Arsenal - 4

West Ham - 7

Burnley - 9

QPR - 7

Swansea - 10

Liverpool - 9

Tot - 6

West Brom - 12 lol

New Castle - 8

Stoke - 3

Hull - 10

Sunderland - 6

CP - 8

Leicester - 11

lol

In tactics screen, the drop-down list of players for a particular position needs to have something to indicate which players in that list are already selected in the squad

Tell me about it - this is my save after 3 premier league games

Injuries:

Chelsea - 11

Man C - 10

Everton - 11

AV - 7

Man U - 7

Arsenal - 4

West Ham - 7

Burnley - 9

QPR - 7

Swansea - 10

Liverpool - 9

Tot - 6

West Brom - 12 lol

New Castle - 8

Stoke - 3

Hull - 10

Sunderland - 6

CP - 8

Leicester - 11

lol

Didn't you just post that? thought I had scrolled up instead of down for a sec there. :p

I get why you use Steam and stuff, but think of the fans who want to play the game, wanna buy the game but have an appalling download speed? Can't you do it on disc as well? l'm half an hour in...1% done.

I get why you use Steam and stuff, but think of the fans who want to play the game, wanna buy the game but have an appalling download speed? Can't you do it on disc as well? l'm half an hour in...1% done.

That seems really really low, what sort of internet connection do you have?

So there are TWO different versions of the Match Engine live at the same time.

The DEMO has a later version than the beta we are providing feedback on.

Guys, I think you need to bring the Beta upto 1530 pretty sharpish.

We're currently providing feedback on an obsolete match engine.

I doubt there is anything nefarious about the difference in match engine versions, but I also doubt that it's very good PR. There's no doubt that it will irritate a few customers.

I'm waiting until Friday/Saturday to start my save for this very reason. There are also still a few things that need addressing, such as the large volume of goals, slow reactions to rebounds, slightly hesitant running from supposedly fast players, etc.

Having played a few more games goals from long range still seem to be very high, also free kick goals also seem to be too high.

Playing in Serie C I am seeing most goals coming from 20-30 yards out, goal of the month is always worth looking forward to.

Hey, so Im in my third season as manager of Coruxo in the Spanish leagues. Numerour times (lost count, 6/7) I have started studying for a continental C license (I started the game with a NAtional A license) and everytime after a while nothing happens, no message saying what happened and in my profile it still sais National C license. Then after a while I can ask the board again. If I am failing the exam or whatever should I not get a message? Is this a bug? Is SI aware of this? Thanx

Dial up...:pNo, what do you mean exactly?

Do you have 20MB/30MB/50MB/100MB?

It could be you just have to reset your router to get a better download speed, at 1% after a half hour it could very well be dial up. :p