Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Please give the UI a chance before making a decision on it. When I first saw it I wasn't keen, but having played and tested on it for a fair amount of time I must say I've definitely come round on it.

I dont mind it. However you know when a player is injured and you get a news item. Sometimes the injury type is written in green. Unreadable

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I don't see why the roles and duties were removed from the pitch view. The extra text on the left of the screen looks cluttered IMO.

ScreenShot2014-10-23at204233_zps32ccda25.png

Agreed. Look how much wasted space there is where it only says 'S1' 'S2' etc. Also means you can't fit many more columns to the right of the player's names, like if you wanted to customise it and have how many games they'd played/assists they'd made etc.

Just went to make Falcao a permanent signing at United to be greeted with: "my client isn't that interested in joining your club..." and "my client feels playing continental football at a high level is important, and has no interest in joining a club not involved in such". I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have bothered signing on loan at United if he wasn't particularly interested, especially when he could have played in the Champions League at some of the other teams who were interested in him.

I'm not sure from the first few weeks that Manchester United's reputation has been suitably replicated in the game. If you can pay the big wages the big players will still come. Yet not a single world class player is interested in joining in game. Whilst players like David De Gea are eager to leave to join PSG, because they are in the Champions League. In my opinion the club should still be a 5 star reputation team. If United fail this season to get into the Champions League (quite likely based on the start they've made) then I would agree with you entirely, but for now I think it needs looking at.

Agreed.

On that note how do you improve the manager attributes? If I go No badges/Sunday League I'm awful! I assume badges can be learnt but surely, manager past playing rep is never going to change. Will the attributes for tactical managers improve based on success? Or does the badge carry over into that area too?

What happens if you click the little starry icon on the player shirts - or right click?

Clicking the star confirms positional ability and suitability for Role.

Right clicking allows you to change Role / Duty and apply Player Instructions. Left clicking directly on the shirt brings up a screen defining the Role and allowing you to apply Player Instructions.

Agreed.

On that note how do you improve the manager attributes? If I go No badges/Sunday League I'm awful! I assume badges can be learnt but surely, manager past playing rep is never going to change. Will the attributes for tactical managers improve based on success? Or does the badge carry over into that area too?

You can go on courses. Just go to your manager profile.

Clicking the star confirms positional ability and suitability for Role.

Right clicking allows you to change Role / Duty and apply Player Instructions. Left clicking directly on the shirt brings up a screen defining the Role and allowing you to apply Player Instructions.

Is that the same as what that menu on the left side of the screen does?

Not a bug, just something to look at. A player is complaining that he wants to move to Benfica to play in the Champions League.

I could've told him "why do you think that we can't qualify for the Champions League?". Well, the team is from Brazil. It can't qualify for the Champions League. Ever.

Not a bug, just something to look at. A player is complaining that he wants to move to Benfica to play in the Champions League.

I could've told him "why do you think that we can't qualify for the Champions League?". Well, the team is from Brazil. It can't qualify for the Champions League. Ever.

That's pretty funny, in an awful way lol

If anything it should be on the right of the pitch, and use "GK" instead of "goalkeeper to keep it narrow.

What happens if you click the little starry icon on the player shirts - or right click?

Hovering over the star icon brings up a tooltip about player suitability for the position and role. Right clicking brings up a menu to alter the role.

Hi, just a quickie.. I usually purchase the game just after the main release but was just wondering, has there been any dynamic changes in regards to transfers?

e.g more interest/bids from AI teams without having to offer them out...etc...etc

Might be a bit early to ask this but any feedback gratefully appreciated :thup:

• SI Staff

Can you report this in here please:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/422-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

Personally I don't see why the roles and duties were removed from the pitch view. The extra text on the left of the screen looks cluttered IMO.

ScreenShot2014-10-23at204233_zps32ccda25.png

Oof! I haven't purchased the game so no access to the beta but I completely agree with this. The addition of roles and duties to the pitch view was a huge plus in my opinion and I honestly can't fathom why that was removed, as suggested in the screenshot. It made it so much easier for a quick glance to indicate tactics and set-up, whereas the screenshot appears to necessitate scrutinising horizontal lines (often easily mistaken) to check who's playing where and in what role. If this is indeed how the tactics or match screens are set I'm hugely disappointed.

Hi, just a quickie.. I usually purchase the game just after the main release but was just wondering, has there been any dynamic changes in regards to transfers?

e.g more interest/bids from AI teams without having to offer them out...etc...etc

Might be a bit early to ask this but any feedback gratefully appreciated :thup:

Yeh there's been a bit of a change on this - and it was mentioned in the video.

Players can be requested to look for a new club.

I have have two questions about something that was there in FM14 but I can't seem to find in FM15.

1. In FM14, on a player page there was a big button for Add to Shortlist. Is there any quick button equivalent in FM15 or do I need to go into the dropdown menu?

2. In FM14, you could go to the Scout page and see a summary of all your scouts and see their Judging Ability and Judging Potential attributes. On the FM15 scout pages I can't seem to find this, I need to go into each scouts profile to see these stats. Is this just an oversight on my part?

Thanks,

Frank

Effectively yes, so what you are hinting at is true :brock:
Oof! I haven't purchased the game so no access to the beta but I completely agree with this. The addition of roles and duties to the pitch view was a huge plus in my opinion and I honestly can't fathom why that was removed, as suggested in the screenshot. It made it so much easier for a quick glance to indicate tactics and set-up, whereas the screenshot appears to necessitate scrutinising horizontal lines (often easily mistaken) to check who's playing where and in what role. If this is indeed how the tactics or match screens are set I'm hugely disappointed.

Nor do I have the Beta - but as pointed out - you can use the mouse actions over the shirts to assign these things.

Obviously, be easier to see what role was under each player, but it's accessible. In relation to above, I've suggested that the menu on the left should be on the right of the pitch.

I dont really like the UI at all its hard to find where things are and FM14 just looked more professional and usable. My main gripe is that the star rating is completely gone from the player attribute screen. Its annoying having to click into report each time when it used to just be there.

Every info pane on that screen is customisable and has been for a while, I just swiched one of the boxes out for the star rating. You only have to do it once and it applies to all players.

OT : Really like the new report screen

Really dislike the new tactics screen.

Nor do I have the Beta - but as pointed out - you can use the mouse actions over the shirts to assign these things.

Obviously, be easier to see what role was under each player, but it's accessible. In relation to above, I've suggested that the menu on the left should be on the right of the pitch.

Also - if the player hovers over a menu item on the left, might be an idea to have them highlighted in the squad list and on the pitch.

Having trouble adding columns to Customise the view in Squad and during the Team Selection screens. Hard to resize them individually and some are missing at the right hand side even though there is plenty of room for them

Same here. Very annoying.

As someone who was FM14's harshest critic and a great lover of the FM13 ME. I love it so far.

I was worried when seeing that it's been noted for a lot of high-scoring games, as I love grinding out a 1-0 win but I haven't seen too many examples on my own game too far. Not a great fan of the UI but i will get used to it. I don't think I'll ever get used to the tactics screen however.

Does anyone know how I can navigate to the page to see clubs finances, rep etc? Not my clubs, but in the game. Thanks!

Gotta be honest, I'm not really feeling it so far. Most of my issues will be covered by downloaded skins/graphics, but still. Cannot imagine those who'll play this on the default settings. Interface is just soooo ugly, hate the sidebar, tactics screen is overly complicated when nothing's changed.

Not a fan of the way 2D classic looks, either.

The Match Engine does not seem to be in great shape, at all. Full backs have no clue what to do with hoofed diagonal balls, and goalkeepers are hapless. And there are still overhit crosses bouncing off the bar or troubling the keeper with alarming regularity.

What level are you playing at? As far as I'm concerned, it is defensively very solid compared to FM14.

If you find repeated examples of the full back issue and crosses in particular, please upload .pkms to the ME Bugs Forum so they can be appraised.

Archived