Sports Interactive Community
Lucas

Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Don´t know if it was referred yet, but in the tactics screens, I still can't see the substitutes on the right side of the starting eleven (on my brother's pc he can see that)

Don´t know if it was referred yet, but in the tactics screens, I still can't see the substitutes on the right side of the starting eleven (on my brother's pc he can see that)

It'll be to do with the resolution your screen is running at. The only way I can see the subs on the tactics screen is by setting the display preference to 75% scale.

My laptop is set to 1366 x 768, for reference.

Okay major issue since update, loading up the scouting screen takes a long time, as does reloading it when going back to it after looking at a players profile

What a difference a day makes!

Notice less silly mistakes, different variety of goals, more freedom in player movement, less one on ones, less long shots with more variety in where they end up.

On the whole its looking very very good and could quite possibly be the most polished ME on release since the 1st 3D ME, still not liking the tactics screen though :lol:

All the UI problems I had seem to be solved (missing columns, missing flag on player's attributes, etc).

I see the tactics screen is unchanged, I believe SI will stick by their guns and keep the new look but in all honesty the look from FM14 was perfect, and this one is definitely not.

Really enjoying the game, then again I already was.

Only going through pre season but so far no high scoring games, I have to say though there could be times I will miss those 7-5 games!

Not sure if anyone has commented on transfers in the first season.

I am pretty chuffed I can actually move on some players, seems much better than in past recent releases, I also find the other team more willing to negotiate when they are trying to buy a player, in the past I would ask for maybe 10-20% more and they would just end negotiations, now they seem more willing if they really want the player, I just sold a player to Lazio(I am playing as Novara)they offered a total of 700k including add ons and after a few bits of banter we ended up settling on 1.3 million including add ons and a friendly game.

Will get more game play tonight and try the update in the actual season ...... well maybe not as now I have money to spend I could spend the entire night searching for players. ;)

Now if SI could fix Windows 8.1 that would be just great, just switched over on my new laptop and it is a freaking nightmare!

Something to think about Miles. :)

In 3 friendly games at the beginning of the season I lose 6 of my first team players to 3-5 months! I think it's too much.

Anybody else having trouble actually winning a match on 15.0.3? I'm using the same tactics as I did on 15.0.2 (In which I was 4th after 25 games) with Wolves... These are my first 5 matches on 15.0.3

95ca4e9c82bf0859dffa2109cfc77bbc.png

Okay major issue since update, loading up the scouting screen takes a long time, as does reloading it when going back to it after looking at a players profile

Yep I have the same problem. About a 1 or two second delay for me. Didn't happen pre-update.

It'll be to do with the resolution your screen is running at. The only way I can see the subs on the tactics screen is by setting the display preference to 75% scale.

My laptop is set to 1366 x 768, for reference.

I did that already, but that way the text becames too small, it is very uncomfortable to play that way

Anybody else having trouble actually winning a match on 15.0.3? I'm using the same tactics as I did on 15.0.2 (In which I was 4th after 25 games) with Wolves... These are my first 5 matches on 15.0.3

Seems about the same for me, of course it could be that you were winning games pre-update because of the high amount of goalkeeping and defending errors. Just a thought :)

You are leaking goals badly - what tactics are you using? Just an idea of formations, Roles, Duties, Team Shape and Mentality will tell us all we need to know.

311f2e0bbe28bfbc09a660ab191708f5.png

Coaching box still on the other side as the bench. Doesn't bother me to much, but doesn't look nice.

I'm sorry for off-topic but how can I set up this kind of match view. It's amazing!

As always you may have to tweak your tactics after SI add an update, I am guessing people that had their tactics set to 'shoot on sight' and had players to shoot more often may have to rethink that now that goalkeepers have gotten some love and goals from distance have been reduced, not saying these are your tactics though, just you may need to tinker with them a bit.

I thought it might be worth bug reporting it :)

Link.

Was excited to see there was a new patch with updates to the ME.

First game and the opposition keeper drops the ball at his feet, allows my striker to close him down from 20 yards away before smashing it straight off my striker. He then turns and chases the ball towards his own goal, catches up about a yard from goal, picks it up but carries on into his own net :D

Now if SI could fix Windows 8.1 that would be just great, just switched over on my new laptop and it is a freaking nightmare!

Something to think about Miles. :)

Once you get used to it it's brilliant, no way would I go back to Win7 now.

Scouts still don't return results for any unattached players when you send them on an assignment. Is this going to be fixed in the full release?

Should scouts on assignement return results for unnattached players? To me a scouting assignment involves watching games, unnattached players don't play games. Perhaps I'm oversimplifying it though.

Was excited to see there was a new patch with updates to the ME.

First game and the opposition keeper drops the ball at his feet, allows my striker to close him down from 20 yards away before smashing it straight off my striker. He then turns and chases the ball towards his own goal, catches up about a yard from goal, picks it up but carries on into his own net :D

Sounds like a prime candidate for the Bugs Forum please, if you haven't uploaded it already :)

After playing about 8 or 9 games I'd probably say my early opinion is that goalkeeping issues have probably roughly halved. I get some games where I suffer no GK issues at all, and others where I have one or two. WIll upload some PKM's later if they're needed. Defending issues seems to have gone for me although I wasn't experiencing that many of them pre-update so that might not be representative of the latest patch.

Overall though I'm very impressed, if the goalkeepers are sorted out a bit more this'll be far and away the best Football Manager game (inc. match engine) I've ever played :)

You are leaking goals badly - what tactics are you using? Just an idea of formations, Roles, Duties, Team Shape and Mentality will tell us all we need to know.

d26860854a6244ef7a914e74f799d48b.png

Exactly the same as in 15.0.2, not sure how it could make that much of a difference haha :)

Should scouts on assignement return results for unnattached players? To me a scouting assignment involves watching games, unnattached players don't play games. Perhaps I'm oversimplifying it though.

They use the whole of their knowledge base, they could have seen the players before, got knowledge of them from aquaintances etc so it's not out of order really.

I did that already, but that way the text becames too small, it is very uncomfortable to play that way

I thought that the first time I tried it. I came back to it the next day and it seemed a lot better somehow. I accept it's not for everyone though.

Aaargh, I thought the defensive AI might have been tightened up with the update. Just lost another rebound goal where my entire defence stood still as the forward ran through to finish it off. I really hoped that would have been one of the main things fixed.

The 3D engine looks much better now though, I can actually watch games in 3D again, so great job with that. Get the defensive AI sorted, and we've got a helluva game again.

d26860854a6244ef7a914e74f799d48b.png

Exactly the same as in 15.0.2, not sure how it could make that much of a difference haha :)

Wow, that's a very attacking formation. You have both your wingers set to 'attack' roles. Your striker is set to 'poacher' which means he'll offer literally nothing defensively. You lack a proper DM position, you need a player in there winning the ball back from midfield but your two central midfielders are too far forward IMO, having a roaming playmaker can work wonders but you really need an Anchor man behind him or at least a ball-winning midfielder alongside him, even with a BWM it'll still leave you very vulnerable to opposition attacks.

Also if you're going to go with a very attacking formation I'd recommend you tick 'Retain possession' as right now you're letting them have too much of the ball and you have no-one to defend against it. Also high tempo will likely lead to rushed attacks forward which if they fail can leave you horribly exposed, lower tempo can be better for an attacking style. :)

I'd love to see your player instructions but check out the tactics forum and make a post there, they'll be lots of people who can show you where you're going wrong :)

Lots often changes between updates, and there have been huge changes to the ME. On the tactics forum, there is extensive debate about AML/R players. What is sure is that two attack Duty wingers at AML/R won't contribute a great deal, and this could be your issue. Try dropping them to ML/R or at least drop one of their Duties to Support to see if it helps.

The updated match engine looks 100 times better well done! Still done nothing about the power of 'smaller' teams winning too often but hey people will tell me that's my tactics :lol:

Well done guys this update is truly excellent!!

Wow, that's a very attacking formation. You have both your wingers set to 'attack' roles. Your striker is set to 'poacher' which means he'll offer literally nothing defensively. You lack a proper DM position, you need a player in there winning the ball back from midfield but your two central midfielders are too far forward IMO, having a roaming playmaker can work wonders but you really need an Anchor man behind him or at least a ball-winning midfielder alongside him, even with a BWM it'll still leave you very vulnerable to opposition attacks.

Also if you're going to go with a very attacking formation I'd recommend you tick 'Retain possession' right now you're letting them have too much of the ball and you have no-one to defend against it. Also high tempo will likely lead to rushed attacks forward which if they fail can leave you horribly exposed, lower tempo is better for an attacking style. :)

I'd love to see your player instructions but check out the tactics forum and make a post there, they'll be lots of people who can show you where you're going wrong :)

I'll give your advice a go and see if there is any difference :)

With regards to my new laptop maybe a question for someone at SI or one of you forum lurkers that have more knowledge than me.

Never used a laptop in years and I see a couple of my games seem to be selecting to use the rather crap integrated graphics card instead of the standalone card even though I tell them otherwise, how does FM approach this?

I see the Raptr program is also having problems with this and they have been working on a fix for over a year now, without any luck.

I'll give your advice a go and see if there is any difference :)

Also tick the 'prevent short GK distribution' instruction, should stop there goalkeeper from having the freedom to throw the ball out to they're more dangerous players easily. :)

But yeah give it a go and if I turn out to be dead wrong go to the tactics forum, they know a lot more than I do :D

I'm sorry for off-topic but how can I set up this kind of match view. It's amazing!

Just select 2D-Classic. Then right-mouse click on the pitch and select vertical.

does anyone know where i can find the contract expiry dates for the players in my club please.

After the update whenever i go into the match screen the boxes with stats and formations etc always start open, even though i always close them.. they continue to start open which is annoying

does anyone know where i can find the contract expiry dates for the players in my club please.

In squad view click the drop down and select contract view.

Still seeing goals scored a tad on the high side. Will add a manager in every English league and run a holidayed season, see what happens after a decent sample.

ok thanks. has the contract expiry screen that was in previous versions been changed to this type?

ME seems massively better (only just got back from work to play a bit). No more 10-2 scorelines, and a tactics module that does what you want it to! I like it!

Once you get used to it it's brilliant, no way would I go back to Win7 now.

You also said you liked the new tactics UI too right? :D

Anyone noticed that the majority of transfer bids you make are leaked to the press? Makes it really difficult to sign a player who's also attracting interest from bigger/more reputable clubs.

This is a question regarding the new two manager style feature to this game. How exactly do you choose which one suits you best? What have most people chose one or the other or both?

Am I the only one having issue with existing saves?

Sluggish response times.

Takes ages for clicking something to actually do what it's supposed to do.

Menu's opening themselves

Help windows popping up without being prompted and no way to close them.

Stuff like this is really fecking up my game