Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Anybody else having trouble actually winning a match on 15.0.3? I'm using the same tactics as I did on 15.0.2 (In which I was 4th after 25 games) with Wolves... These are my first 5 matches on 15.0.3

You are leaking goals badly - what tactics are you using? Just an idea of formations, Roles, Duties, Team Shape and Mentality will tell us all we need to know.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody else having trouble actually winning a match on 15.0.3? I'm using the same tactics as I did on 15.0.2 (In which I was 4th after 25 games) with Wolves... These are my first 5 matches on 15.0.3

95ca4e9c82bf0859dffa2109cfc77bbc.png

As always you may have to tweak your tactics after SI add an update, I am guessing people that had their tactics set to 'shoot on sight' and had players to shoot more often may have to rethink that now that goalkeepers have gotten some love and goals from distance have been reduced, not saying these are your tactics though, just you may need to tinker with them a bit.

Was excited to see there was a new patch with updates to the ME.

First game and the opposition keeper drops the ball at his feet, allows my striker to close him down from 20 yards away before smashing it straight off my striker. He then turns and chases the ball towards his own goal, catches up about a yard from goal, picks it up but carries on into his own net :D

Now if SI could fix Windows 8.1 that would be just great, just switched over on my new laptop and it is a freaking nightmare!

Something to think about Miles. :)

Once you get used to it it's brilliant, no way would I go back to Win7 now.

Scouts still don't return results for any unattached players when you send them on an assignment. Is this going to be fixed in the full release?

Should scouts on assignement return results for unnattached players? To me a scouting assignment involves watching games, unnattached players don't play games. Perhaps I'm oversimplifying it though.

Was excited to see there was a new patch with updates to the ME.

First game and the opposition keeper drops the ball at his feet, allows my striker to close him down from 20 yards away before smashing it straight off my striker. He then turns and chases the ball towards his own goal, catches up about a yard from goal, picks it up but carries on into his own net :D

Sounds like a prime candidate for the Bugs Forum please, if you haven't uploaded it already :)

After playing about 8 or 9 games I'd probably say my early opinion is that goalkeeping issues have probably roughly halved. I get some games where I suffer no GK issues at all, and others where I have one or two. WIll upload some PKM's later if they're needed. Defending issues seems to have gone for me although I wasn't experiencing that many of them pre-update so that might not be representative of the latest patch.

Overall though I'm very impressed, if the goalkeepers are sorted out a bit more this'll be far and away the best Football Manager game (inc. match engine) I've ever played :)

You are leaking goals badly - what tactics are you using? Just an idea of formations, Roles, Duties, Team Shape and Mentality will tell us all we need to know.

d26860854a6244ef7a914e74f799d48b.png

Exactly the same as in 15.0.2, not sure how it could make that much of a difference haha :)

Should scouts on assignement return results for unnattached players? To me a scouting assignment involves watching games, unnattached players don't play games. Perhaps I'm oversimplifying it though.

They use the whole of their knowledge base, they could have seen the players before, got knowledge of them from aquaintances etc so it's not out of order really.

I did that already, but that way the text becames too small, it is very uncomfortable to play that way

I thought that the first time I tried it. I came back to it the next day and it seemed a lot better somehow. I accept it's not for everyone though.

Aaargh, I thought the defensive AI might have been tightened up with the update. Just lost another rebound goal where my entire defence stood still as the forward ran through to finish it off. I really hoped that would have been one of the main things fixed.

The 3D engine looks much better now though, I can actually watch games in 3D again, so great job with that. Get the defensive AI sorted, and we've got a helluva game again.

d26860854a6244ef7a914e74f799d48b.png

Exactly the same as in 15.0.2, not sure how it could make that much of a difference haha :)

Wow, that's a very attacking formation. You have both your wingers set to 'attack' roles. Your striker is set to 'poacher' which means he'll offer literally nothing defensively. You lack a proper DM position, you need a player in there winning the ball back from midfield but your two central midfielders are too far forward IMO, having a roaming playmaker can work wonders but you really need an Anchor man behind him or at least a ball-winning midfielder alongside him, even with a BWM it'll still leave you very vulnerable to opposition attacks.

Also if you're going to go with a very attacking formation I'd recommend you tick 'Retain possession' as right now you're letting them have too much of the ball and you have no-one to defend against it. Also high tempo will likely lead to rushed attacks forward which if they fail can leave you horribly exposed, lower tempo can be better for an attacking style. :)

I'd love to see your player instructions but check out the tactics forum and make a post there, they'll be lots of people who can show you where you're going wrong :)

Lots often changes between updates, and there have been huge changes to the ME. On the tactics forum, there is extensive debate about AML/R players. What is sure is that two attack Duty wingers at AML/R won't contribute a great deal, and this could be your issue. Try dropping them to ML/R or at least drop one of their Duties to Support to see if it helps.

Wow, that's a very attacking formation. You have both your wingers set to 'attack' roles. Your striker is set to 'poacher' which means he'll offer literally nothing defensively. You lack a proper DM position, you need a player in there winning the ball back from midfield but your two central midfielders are too far forward IMO, having a roaming playmaker can work wonders but you really need an Anchor man behind him or at least a ball-winning midfielder alongside him, even with a BWM it'll still leave you very vulnerable to opposition attacks.

Also if you're going to go with a very attacking formation I'd recommend you tick 'Retain possession' right now you're letting them have too much of the ball and you have no-one to defend against it. Also high tempo will likely lead to rushed attacks forward which if they fail can leave you horribly exposed, lower tempo is better for an attacking style. :)

I'd love to see your player instructions but check out the tactics forum and make a post there, they'll be lots of people who can show you where you're going wrong :)

I'll give your advice a go and see if there is any difference :)

With regards to my new laptop maybe a question for someone at SI or one of you forum lurkers that have more knowledge than me.

Never used a laptop in years and I see a couple of my games seem to be selecting to use the rather crap integrated graphics card instead of the standalone card even though I tell them otherwise, how does FM approach this?

I see the Raptr program is also having problems with this and they have been working on a fix for over a year now, without any luck.

I'll give your advice a go and see if there is any difference :)

Also tick the 'prevent short GK distribution' instruction, should stop there goalkeeper from having the freedom to throw the ball out to they're more dangerous players easily. :)

But yeah give it a go and if I turn out to be dead wrong go to the tactics forum, they know a lot more than I do :D

Am I the only one having issue with existing saves?

Sluggish response times.

Takes ages for clicking something to actually do what it's supposed to do.

Menu's opening themselves

Help windows popping up without being prompted and no way to close them.

Stuff like this is really fecking up my game

Can anyone confirm that the grass looks different (ie a bit worse) this year. I'm Chelsea and the pitch is "perfect" and using a Macbook Pro Retina so it won't have anything to do with my graphics card. Just looks a bit "fuzzy" overall compared with last years bowling green like texture.

3abDcRW.png

gaming_football_manager_13_screenshot_6.jpg

Strikers (and other players too) seem to be too slow rushing into counter-attack. For instance, I have my two wingers and my striker with 15+ pace and acceleration, and have very good first touch, but they seem to dwell on the ball and the opponent defenders (pace, acc ~ 10) easily catch them up and take the ball from them. I do realise that player with a ball to control is slowed by the ball, but it's not just the pace of their run, they should react faster.

Still a goal every second attack. Just drew 3 all. People will say it's my tactics, but when there's a stupid amount of goals every single game, it just becomes disheartening. It feels like no matter what I do, there's gonna be loads and loads of goals. Makes you feel sort of helpless and annoyed.

Results since the update: 1-4, 3-5, 2-1, 3-3, 1-1, 2-1, 0-3, 3-3

Blame my tactics or whatever but this is a bit much, even if I play defensive, every game just seems ridiculously open, nearly every extended hilight is a big chance. I'm hopefull it will be tweaked/fixed by full release.

Still a goal every second attack. Just drew 3 all. People will say it's my tactics, but when there's a stupid amount of goals every single game, it just becomes disheartening. It feels like no matter what I do, there's gonna be loads and loads of goals. Makes you feel sort of helpless and annoyed.

Results since the update: 1-4, 3-5, 2-1, 3-3, 1-1, 2-1, 0-3, 3-3

Blame my tactics or whatever but this is a bit much, even if I play defensive, every game just seems ridiculously open, nearly every extended hilight is a big chance. I'm hopefull it will be tweaked/fixed by full release.

Every extended highlight is a big chance, it has been like that for a few years now, it got changed from 'key' to 'extended' I think 3 or 4 years ago now, if you watch 'key' it is almost always a goal.

I am not saying it is your tactics, it could just be you have open games but I am not having this, yes I did just win a game 4-0 but the game before that was a boring 0-0 and the 1 before was 0-2.

Maybe tinker a bit with your tactic or just keep going to see if how the scores pan out, it could just be a phase.

Archived