Sports Interactive Community
Lucas

Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Is anyone else having issues saving a shortlist? When I do they are created in-game but are not saved as external files on my drive (altho some unnamed .fmf file appears at the same timestamp)

EDIT: This worked fine with 15.02 btw

311f2e0bbe28bfbc09a660ab191708f5.png

Coaching box still on the other side as the bench. Doesn't bother me to much, but doesn't look nice.

Just a quick one as I've not played it much but I've noticed in the Raith Rovers team Lewis Vaughan has striker as his natural position when he is mostly and as far as I'm aware always been played as a midfielder. Maybe this can be reversed to show striker as accomplished.

Guest El Payaso
I just got a clean sheet playing LLM ! Oh yeah baby, I'm feeling a sore throat and feverish already, might have to call in sick tomorrow
545658715ee0f.jpg

54527be18a919.jpg

Had these runs with the previous update and those aren't the only ones so it's your tactics. And yeah, I am Oviedo and no I'm not going to upload my tactics. ;)

The crash I got has been fixed by the update.

The view incident-bug is still there.

The incident-replay (red card) shows the ref pulling out the red, but not the tackle that caused it.

Just lost 5-1 in the cup to a team three divisions below me... one of those games? I'd be ok with 1-0 or 2-0 max... but surely? (Awaits MK Dons vs United comment)

Just lost 5-1 in the cup to a team three divisions below me... one of those games? I'd be ok with 1-0 or 2-0 max... but surely? (Awaits MK Dons vs United comment)

Come back next season :)

Bit of a sarcy comment there Kriss, but no, I'm just trying to say I have never had that sought of result against me in near enough ten years of playing football manager games, even when I was 10 years old that never happened.

Guess it was an odd day.

545658715ee0f.jpg

54527be18a919.jpg

Had these runs with the previous update and those aren't the only ones so it's your tactics. And yeah, I am Oviedo and no I'm not going to upload my tactics. ;)

which tactic was used mate,

have tried loads a llm

Just lost 5-1 in the cup to a team three divisions below me... one of those games? I'd be ok with 1-0 or 2-0 max... but surely?

bArZcy.jpg

Guest El Payaso
which tactic was used mate,

have tried loads a llm

A fluid 4-4-1-1. Usually started with control or attack and after first goal swapped to counter. With roles I used the best suited for my players and always have good balance with support - attack combinations. Mostly that success is down to the fact that I have the best material in the league and dominate most of the games.

There has been. Play and find out.

Tactics screen is still poorly designed.

Instead of having all the information I need, I have to move my eyes from across the screen / drag my mouse over certain positions and then rinse repeat.

I understand why the UI needed to be changed. Ease of access and to not to have a maze of options to go through, but why oh WHY did you need to change the simplicity of the tactics screen? May I suggest reverting to the old system? We might get used to the new layout but will we prefer it? I don't think we will.

Is anyone else having issues saving a shortlist? When I do they are created in-game but are not saved as external files on my drive (altho some unnamed .fmf file appears at the same timestamp)

EDIT: This worked fine with 15.02 btw

Well spotted. I am also having this problem since 15.03. Saving a shortlist just saves a .fmf file which you can't load in a different game as a shortlist.

Guess it was an odd day.

Which is what I meant really :) personally I'd play at least half a season before drawing any conclusions after a major update.

On the new match engine

First goal on the new version was a dodgy o.g. I had to laugh :D

The ME is a huge improvement defensively. Players no longer rush out of position leaving team-mates exposed and acres of space for attackers to run into, especially on a long ball over the top. Defences are far more rigid and stable, they seem to be working much better as units now. So far very impressive - goals are having to be worked for. I now have a lot more faith in my goalkeepers now as well :)

One minor irritiation - after goal replays all the widgets on the match day screen open up automatically.

Haven't seen one fluke cross from full/wingbacks yet since the update, well done! And am I right in saying that in the new ME wingers cross a lot more and shoot a lot less? New ME is amazing, my compliments.

I'm having problems with 3d graphics. My notebook has i7 4710MQ CPU, Nvidia GTX860m GPU and 8GB Ram.. But still can't get a smooth, fluid 3d game. I think there is a optimization problem..

Can anyone help about 3d settings please?

edit: i'm playing in windowed mode.. no problems when playing full screen

any answers?

right..overall..some massive improvements to the game from fm14-15...however as an avid online player for the the last 3 years I have noticed playing single player its easy to get jobs from being sacked.....its also way to easy to get jobs going forward..8 teams in 2 seasons ive had reports from a fellow onliner...crazy..is these being toned down for full release?

Well spotted. I am also having this problem since 15.03. Saving a shortlist just saves a .fmf file which you can't load in a different game as a shortlist.

I have now placed this in the bugs forum under interface.

So far I'm seeing fewer chances being created but a higher conversion rate.

Potentially very good.

Not read through the thread...

Anyone else finding the difference between playing home & away absolutely massive (far too massive)? As Bayern manager, a home game is a guaranteed win seemingly regardless of what I do, but I need to put out my best XI every away game or risk an upset against me.

EDIT: Pre- and post-update, just ftr.

Can we not try evaluating the ME after 2 matches? Take your time, check out everything, play a lot of matches.

Then you might have a clue :)

Tactics screen is still poorly designed.

Instead of having all the information I need, I have to move my eyes from across the screen / drag my mouse over certain positions and then rinse repeat.

I understand why the UI needed to be changed. Ease of access and to not to have a maze of options to go through, but why oh WHY did you need to change the simplicity of the tactics screen? May I suggest reverting to the old system? We might get used to the new layout but will we prefer it? I don't think we will.

I would like this anwsered please, mods.

Why ruin a perfectly good tactic screen? What can you do with this tactic screen that you couldn't with the previous?

So far it's my only gripe with the game. With the tactic screen fixed it could potentially be one of the best FM's yet.

Scouts still don't return results for any unattached players when you send them on an assignment. Is this going to be fixed in the full release?

Can you please first delete your cache folder as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#delete-cache

Then delete your preferences files as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#delete-preferences

Then finally reverify your cache as shown here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#verify-cache

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Hasn't helped.

Game is still sluggish - Sometimes it takes awhile for the cursor to register clicks. Or to change from ordinary cursor to hand cursor.

And by a while, there is often a delay of 5 seconds or more between the click and it actually doing anything

Scouts still don't return results for any unattached players when you send them on an assignment. Is this going to be fixed in the full release?

Have you reported it?

Update just came when I was playing and it cause crash. It was pretty awesome winning with two penalties :/

Still missing goals post-update I see. Playing as Middlesbro v Birmingham, 1-0 up at half time. Click to start the 2nd half. First highlight is about 54 mins, and I notice as the highlight is playing out that I'm now 2-0 up after a goal in 47mins. I would have thought this would have been an important enough highlight to show.

What are the black stars in 'potential' when scouting young players?

Does this show what they could achieve even though it's unlikely?

Yep

So then surely it makes sense to provide an update in that thread that it's still not working as intended?

So far so good, in my opinion it could be the best release ME. I don't want to think how good it could be after the last update.

Tomas Rosicky just wanted to chat with me about him having home sickness issues. I would understand this coming from maybe a South American player or someone who has just recently signed for an English club, but Rosicky has been playing 15 years abroad and to my knowledge he has not had any problems in the past.

Tomas Rosicky just wanted to chat with me about him having home sickness issues. I would understand this coming from maybe a South American player or someone who has just recently signed for an English club, but Rosicky has been playing 15 years abroad and to my knowledge he has not had any problems in the past.

lol I know -

I had this from a player who had been at the club for a decade and was the captain for the club to boot

So then surely it makes sense to provide an update in that thread that it's still not working as intended?
Well the specific wording from QA in response was that they were looking to have the issue addressed for the full release.

I'm just wondering whether they're still on track for to achieve that, or if it was intended to be fixed in this patch but not mentioned in the notes.