Sports Interactive Community
Lucas

Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

i have faith man..... ;)

You need to to live in Kent :p I once went to All Hallows :eek:

You need to to live in Kent :p I once went to All Hallows :eek:

Its the Garden of England didn't you know...... as long as you don't go east of Maidstone...... :D

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. It's not game changing, but a bit annoying. Twice I've asked for feeder clubs where some of that clubs players come into my youth intake. When the affiliations were set up, it was only the first option on the clubs players affiliation, not the youth intake affiliation that I had requested.

I've got to the point on my save where a large amount of my scout reports are returning the summary "The club cannot currently afford this player."

Is this a bug? Honestly, most players I scout, the response doesn't tell me if a player is recommended or not, it just says I can't afford them. (I actually can afford some of them if I alter my wage budget).

But the point is, I don't care if I cannot 'currently' afford said player, I deal with the money myself, just tell me if he's good or not?

Cheers

I've got to the point on my save where a large amount of my scout reports are returning the summary "The club cannot currently afford this player."

Is this a bug? Honestly, most players I scout, the response doesn't tell me if a player is recommended or not, it just says I can't afford them. (I actually can afford some of them if I alter my wage budget).

But the point is, I don't care if I cannot 'currently' afford said player, I deal with the money myself, just tell me if he's good or not?

Cheers

THis is also annoying when scounting potential loan candidates. Of course I can't afford him, that is why I am trying to loan the guy ;).

In a futile mistake to increase my transfer budget I sold Sergi & Alves before realising Barcelona were about to be under a transfer embargo.

Adriano immediately cries foul, I inform him I'm looking to purchase a player before the transfer window closes. I make a few offers, Fiorentina want £64 million for Cuarrado and my scouts insist he's nowhere near worth it. I have two bids accepted for Reus & Hummels. They're expensive but hopefully worth it. They're both really keen to come. They both want ridiculous wages but I'm going to pay it until, both want signing on fees of £11.5m with the agent demanding £7.5. They won't budge. Window closes. Transfer embargo hits, Adriano throws a hissy fit. I explain I tried he won't accept it. Whole squad demand a team meeting to discuss my treatment of Adriano. 24 players unhappy. 5 or 6 players remain unhappy throughout the season, including Suarez & Neymar. Sometimes it's tough being an imaginary football manager.

*Can one of the Mods explain why I don't have permission to post attachments, and if this means I can never post images to support my feedback? Thanks :-)

*Can one of the Mods explain why I don't have permission to post attachments, and if this means I can never post images to support my feedback? Thanks :-)

Nobody can, you need to use a file hosting site like PhotoBucket.

Cheers. I'll have a look. But I seriously don't think my scouts should be commenting on finances, just do your job and tell me if a player is recommended, since I asked you to scout him. Or am I wrong here?

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with FM15, apart from the bugs covered in the initial post obviously.

The big PITA for me though is the new method of selecting/deselecting your team in the Tactics view. It worked perfectly before, just a simple right-click to pick and drop players, but now it's a total faff to do something as simple as select substitutes or drop an injured player. Would love this to be addressed in a patch but I don't know whether it would actually work together with the new tactic creation system.

Im sure FM 14 was harder than than 15. If I started 14 with Man Utd as a manager with sunday league experience there was a struggle to get things right, it felt really good to slowly get the senior players onside and seeing your playing style being adapted as the tactactical familiarity increased. Now there doesnt seem to be any struggle at all, is the tactical familiarity even working in the main game? Even though my familiarity was at awkward I still beat Chelsea 4-1. Is this still being balanced in beta? Im used to dominating with a big club after a couple of seasons, I had hoped the new player power and manager stats would make big clubs harder to control, instead it just seems easier than ever.

How much do player stats matter? After seeing tactical familiarity not matter much I changed some player positions around, in a game away to West Ham I played with De Gea in midfield, saidy Janko up front and Van Persie at left back, they all had good games, especially Janko and the media didnt even pick up on anything slightly strange.

Is this all beta related or is this pretty much it?

Football Manager 2015\data\db\1500\edt\forbidden names.bnc seems to be new. No more players named "Dick Swallow" unfortunately (unless you edit the file).

Hi SI n fellow gamers,

Just wish to check.

Will FM2015, its Editor and the In Game Editor be out this Friday at 00:00 GMT..?

Thanks.

Could anyone help me to confirm this. This is the first year that i bought a BETA. As such, i need to prepare myself for the launch. By knowing the timing for the launch, i can do the necessary.

Thanks.

I am under impression that there are less pk this year. Is this something SI did tune down this year?

Could anyone help me to confirm this. This is the first year that i bought a BETA. As such, i need to prepare myself for the launch. By knowing the timing for the launch, i can do the necessary.

Thanks.

The main editor has always come out with the game and there's no reason to think that'll change.

Nobody can say for the in game editor yet, last year it was a bit after release but it was the first time.

I can t find in training where can i put a player to learn a new preferred move..does anybody now?

Thought I'd give it a good few "months" in game to see if any grumbles I have sorted themselves out and whatnot.

*Fitness - around half of my squad (Liverpool) were "jaded and in serious need of a rest" (ironically, Raheem Sterling was not one of them!) at the beginning of October which seemed very strange to me. But after sitting out 1 game fitness has held steady until January, so was it a bug or an integration of players having played in the World Cup being tired??

*Training - again, players were overall unhappy with training in pre-season and the beginning of the season, but as the game has progressed that has sorted itself out. So again bug or clever inclusion of players not liking pre-season training?

*Scouting - the suggested price my scouts have given for transfer targets is always massively inflated eg told Milner would cost £7.5m - £13.5m but I got him for £3.5m. I'm tempted to say slight bug that needs smoothed out because my scouts are all highly rated.

* The only thing that has made me shout "idiots" at the screen - Apparently there was a media campaign for Roy Hodgson to leave Chris Martin of Derby out of the England squad. That's Scotland international Chris Martin.

Overall, I'm happy with how the game has played so far. Seems generally accurate as far as gameplay goes, if Ballotelli isn't playing well he "looks uninterested". The matches themselves seem more exciting, having just played Arsenal in the League Cup Semi-final 2nd leg I was 2-1 down when Wilshere was sent off with 20mins to go. Cue goals in 90, 90+2 & 90+4 mins to beat a then ultra defensive Arsenal.

That game was my 3rd against Arsenal in a week (and a 4th to come after my next league game) and my press conferences were full of questions about finally beating Arsenal etc so the press interaction seems much improved.

As a quick tip for anyone starting with Liverpool: train Mario as an AM C; set Gerrard for release at the end of the season; Christian Eriksen is available for £25-30m; Andre Hahn AM R/RW available for £2.1m and a goal machine; Valdes comes available around November but get his match fitness up to 95-100% before playing him or mucho mistake-o

Thought I'd give it a good few "months" in game to see if any grumbles I have sorted themselves out and whatnot.

*Fitness - around half of my squad (Liverpool) were "jaded and in serious need of a rest" (ironically, Raheem Sterling was not one of them!) at the beginning of October which seemed very strange to me. But after sitting out 1 game fitness has held steady until January, so was it a bug or an integration of players having played in the World Cup being tired??

*Training - again, players were overall unhappy with training in pre-season and the beginning of the season, but as the game has progressed that has sorted itself out. So again bug or clever inclusion of players not liking pre-season training?

*Scouting - the suggested price my scouts have given for transfer targets is always massively inflated eg told Milner would cost £7.5m - £13.5m but I got him for £3.5m. I'm tempted to say slight bug that needs smoothed out because my scouts are all highly rated.

* The only thing that has made me shout "idiots" at the screen - Apparently there was a media campaign for Roy Hodgson to leave Chris Martin of Derby out of the England squad. That's Scotland international Chris Martin.

Overall, I'm happy with how the game has played so far. Seems generally accurate as far as gameplay goes, if Ballotelli isn't playing well he "looks uninterested". The matches themselves seem more exciting, having just played Arsenal in the League Cup Semi-final 2nd leg I was 2-1 down when Wilshere was sent off with 20mins to go. Cue goals in 90, 90+2 & 90+4 mins to beat a then ultra defensive Arsenal.

That game was my 3rd against Arsenal in a week (and a 4th to come after my next league game) and my press conferences were full of questions about finally beating Arsenal etc so the press interaction seems much improved.

As a quick tip for anyone starting with Liverpool: train Mario as an AM C; set Gerrard for release at the end of the season; Christian Eriksen is available for £25-30m; Andre Hahn AM R/RW available for £2.1m and a goal machine; Valdes comes available around November but get his match fitness up to 95-100% before playing him or mucho mistake-o

Chris Martin is eligible to play for England as he was English Born (He also played for England u19's). In the game he won't have any official Scottish appearances as they won't be in until next year. The only Scottish appearance he has is a friendly which as it is not a competitive game means he is still eligible to play for England.

Defenders have the same issue as FM14 had in the beginning, they are mostly like cones for attacking side to just pass around.

Hope its fixed as well til releaseday so they can do some tackling. Now opposing side just gets the ball via bad passes.

Regards

Chris Martin is eligible to play for England as he was English Born (He also played for England u19's). In the game he won't have any official Scottish appearances as they won't be in until next year. The only Scottish appearance he has is a friendly which as it is not a competitive game means he is still eligible to play for England.

I had this happen in one of my saves too. I agree about the fact he hasn't won any competitive caps for Scotland at this point, but I still think it is a bit of a random news item to appear as I'm not sure Roy Hodgson has ever picked a player from the Championship (possibly a goalkeeper?).

Few things I hate about this game

FAR TOO MANY INJURIES, for a start. Total ridiculous amount

Players always tired

Too many free kicks result in goals

Keepers just standing still for near post goals.

Also, any reason why we can't press CTRL and highlight multiple players on opposition instructions now.

It's a joke how long it takes one at a time.

There's nothing wrong with injuries in the game. If you're having more than normal, then it's either something you're doing (or not doing) or just simple bad luck.

Yes i concur, the injury level is perfectly fine, the issues from page 1 are the ones that must be fixed with priority as the ME is not in the best shape now due to those bugs.

Something that has always bugged me on FM: long throws. When have you ever seen Cesar Azipilicueta loading on up into the box for Chelsea? Connor Wickham does it every time I play Sunderland too. They obviously CAN take long throws, but there needs to be a 'does not use long throw instructions' tickbox in managers' attributes in the editor, because it's ridiculous. They're also impossible to defend against.

And still, we haven't had a half-decent bug report (for FM15) from anyone. Have a read through this:

On the subject of injuries it seems that the initial game set up can randomly create a situation where injuries occur at ridiculous levels for the first few weeks of a save (on rare occasions)

I had a save which started exactly like that giving me 17 injuries in 3 pre season weeks.

Having played that save on for half the season injuries quickly settled to normal levels without any input from me which seems to confirm it.

A new save under exactly the same conditions produced no crisis and probably fewer injuries than the norm which adds more confirmation.

So my advice is work through it as you would have to do irl or start again and hope for a better combination of variables when the game sets up.

Overall, there are fewer injuries in FM than in RL. IF you have an issue like this, it would be very useful to post a decent bug report and upload your save so that SI can take a look whether any anomalies crept in.

Players always tired

You need to rotate your players more then. Adjustments were made in this area, meaning (like real life) you can't just play your first 11 twice a week continuously.

Too many free kicks result in goals

Mentioned in the very first post.

Keepers just standing still for near post goals.

Known issue.

Not being able to directly ask someone to tutor (in case I've missed the option in the menu re-jig) is a bit annoying, especially when one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game is the focus on developing & realising the potential of young talent. I know the option can come through backroom advice but it isn't quite the same.

Transfers continue to be a bit on the weird side.

I'm at the end of Season 1 and I want to buy Jonathan Silva. He currently has a value of 350k, plays for Sporting B and had a solid but unspectacular season. I know that he is one of the most promising talents in the game but Sporting are rejecting bids of 20M + add-ons and want in excess of 40M for him. This just seems unrealistic for a player that has no international caps, no u20 caps, no proper first-team appearances in Europe, is classed as a "back-up" in squad status and plays a defensive position.

On the other side I have a midfielder - Emre Can - valued at 24M who had a great first season and is still far from realising his full potential. PSG want to buy him and their initial offer is 15M. I'm sure I can bump up the price, but why would the AI of the game expect a bid so much under value to be successful when a bid so much over value is deemed unacceptable to it?

Are the reviewers using the beta ME or the release ME?

dont know miles has said theres a patch tonight but still not final so i would assume beta

Miles Jacobson @milesSI · 23m 23 minutes ago

We're going to roll out an update to #FM15beta this evening with loads of bug fixes. Not the final game, mind. Will tweet again when it's up

Communication with players asking for new contracts. I have to say this disappoints me. The options given are okay but removing the one that says "there's plenty of time left on your contract, so there'll be no talks" is terrible. I'm having players coming to me who are on good form asking for a new contract and i can't say no without criticizing their form. It's either the club can't afford it or i have to say he's not playing well. There is also one saying if he continues to keep up his form he'll get a new contract. I don't want any of those. He's not even been at the club a full season yet. I want to tell him no. Simple as that. Very annoying that this option isn't there and with the options i'm given i feel like i have no way to deal with this situation correctly.

With all the player interaction in the game these days every angle should be covered. 5 options isn't enough, especially when the 5 given don't allow you to deal with the situation the way i personally want to deal with it.

Loving the game but this is something that really frustrates me.

Are the reviewers using the beta ME or the release ME?

There isn't a release ME yet.

Communication with players asking for new contracts. I have to say this disappoints me. The options given are okay but removing the one that says "there's plenty of time left on your contract, so there'll be no talks" is terrible. I'm having players coming to me who are on good form asking for a new contract and i can't say no without criticizing their form. It's either the club can't afford it or i have to say he's not playing well. There is also one saying if he continues to keep up his form he'll get a new contract. I don't want any of those. He's not even been at the club a full season yet. I want to tell him no. Simple as that. Very annoying that this option isn't there and with the options i'm given i feel like i have no way to deal with this situation correctly.

With all the player interaction in the game these days every angle should be covered. 5 options isn't enough, especially when the 5 given don't allow you to deal with the situation the way i personally want to deal with it.

Loving the game but this is something that really frustrates me.

Do a bug report Robert, it's a sin of omission at least.

In addition to the 2D classic issues reported, when a player gets a knock their whole dot is covered by an orange health symbol making it impossible to tell which team they're on.

In addition to the 2D classic issues reported, when a player gets a knock their whole dot is covered by an orange health symbol making it impossible to tell which team they're on.

Bug report please, I haven't seen that one mentioned before.

So can we assume problems from OP in relation to issues in BETA will be likely fixed in tonights update?

You can assume there will be a changelog with the update tonight. You can then compare that to the OP and see if its fixed :)

Good one yeah. It's always annoyed me but I've never really bothered to mention it.

So can we assume problems from OP in relation to issues in BETA will be likely fixed in tonights update?

Assume nothing. Very dangerous attitude to assume anything, as you'll no doubt end up disappointed.

Good one yeah. It's always annoyed me but I've never really bothered to mention it.

I've just posted it in the bugs section including screenshot :)

You can all assume that we'll start deleting posts in this thread which aren't feedback on the Beta you currently have.

There's absolutely no point in playing guessing games and you'll get no info until an update is released. :)

I've just posted it in the bugs section including screenshot :)

Saved yourself! I was about to send round a couple of SI enforcers :D

Not sure where i should post this but i started the beta demo with sheff wed and by october 20 i had rightly been sacked as i had won just two games.Got a job at Barrow by end of october and by december 22 i had been sacked again after lifting barrow 9 places up in the league,but sacked me anyway.I have noticed an awful lot of sackings,with just the english league running there had been a total of 27 sackings and i am only half way through the season.Apart from the sackings and the very high scorelines i am loving this game