Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Fine, in the mean time try not to clog up this thread with useless one line posts.

If you want somebody who knows what they're doing to have a look at the match either post in the bugs forum (with a pkm) or in the tactics forum where plenty of people will be quite happy to dissect your tactics.:)

The issue is the keepers and defending is so bad you could win one game 10-1 and lose the next 7-4 with the same team and tactics

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The issue is the keepers and defending is so bad you could win one game 10-1 and lose the next 7-4 with the same team and tactics

Doesn't happen to me.

Sure I have some goalkeeping issues and scores are slightly higher than they should be but if you're going from winning 6-0 to losing 12-2 then its definitely the persons tactics as well as the match engine that's at fault, The ME compounds the problem but you'd have likely lost that game anyway.

screen.png

Doesn't happen to me.

Sure I have some goalkeeping issues and scores are slightly higher than they should be but if you're going from winning 6-0 to losing 12-2 then its definitely the persons tactics as well as the match engine that's at fault, The ME compounds the problem but you'd have likely lost that game anyway.

screen.png

Your Arsneal so it wont happen, try being a smaller team

Your Arsneal so it wont happen, try being a smaller team

I'm pretty sure GreyedOutMan isn't playing with a smaller team if he's complaining at losing to Everton.

Your point is correct though in that high scores are worse the lower you go.

I'm pretty sure GreyedOutMan isn't playing with a smaller team if he's complaining at losing to Everton.

Your point is correct though in that high scores are worse the lower you go.

9e8511f767460c51ea37ddd259b7f583.png

At times the defending and keepers are so random it is impossible to correct tactics as goals can come from anywhere and anytime. I don't wont to win games 10-1 when that team is in the top 6

At times the defending and keepers are so random it is impossible to correct tactics as goals can come from anywhere and anytime. I don't wont to win games 10-1 when that team is in the top 6

Agreed, I'm playing in Brazil Div3 plus State Leagues, basketball scores a lot of the time :( it's in hand though.

Thanks for the feedback. In previous Football Manager releases are there normally data fixes upon release?

Whilst no one can be totally sure, if there are any major data errors in the beta release, these would normally be changed in the full release, but major changes will normally be planned for a later update

Having now played a few games I can agree with those that say the ME is a lot better; really slick. There are still the odd control issues (that if intended probably need linking to in the commentary - i.e. unusually poor control by X etc.) But my two main observations are:

Keepers control of area on the floor is still poor. Being a goalkeeper myself there are one on ones where the majority of keepers just slide out, on their side and claim the ball no worries. Even those slow off their line will go down on their side rather than the scoop to pick approach keepers in FM tend to use as default

Second is the weird own goals. Not the ones that hit a player; they happen, but the ones where the player is not really under any pressure (not professional standards anyway) and rather than hook it they kick it straight (and therefore into the goal.) It would at least look more realistic if they are trying to poke it wide and fail or hook it and it still goes in... just something to tighten up on IMO

I am currently wanting to check up on the ME in some re-views of my games in Full match. Problem is that this is not really possible.

Are matches only saved in Comprehensive mode? ...I can re-watch a match in the game and then in the game setting menu, once it starts, set it to Full Match. But this doesn't show the full match.

If I want to watch it on my PC so I could record specific problems experienced in the match, I can't do that. The 'View Match' feature on the Main menu screen only allows me Comprehensive.

Is it only saved as comprehensive to cut down on space used? ... or is there a way to rewatch a previous match (or saved match) in Full Match mode? ... otherwise I can only really report things happening in the highlights.

Fine, in the mean time try not to clog up this thread with useless one line posts.

If you want somebody who knows what they're doing to have a look at the match either post in the bugs forum (with a pkm) or in the tactics forum where plenty of people will be quite happy to dissect your tactics.:)

Please don't fob me off and patronise me. I've been playing CM/FM longer than some of you lot have been alive! Are you trying to tell me it's my tactics (that won me the league in my second season) that explain why I beat Aston Villa 5-0 and then lose 12-2 to Everton a couple of weeks later??? Not realistic.

9e8511f767460c51ea37ddd259b7f583.png

Looking at this from an outside view the stats show that there were 113 goals in 30 games. An average of 3.76 which is higher than you expect.

You scored 60 in 30 which is an average of 2 a game. I'd say this was slightly high but I would put this down to the 10-1 anomaly which would without would mean and average of 1.68 per game.

You conceded 53 in 30 which is an average of 1.76 which is fine.

Basically, I personally believe that scoring is better than on beta release but there are still evidently one or two anomalous score lines. Do you have a .pkm of the Colcester game so that the relevant people can look at it?

I beat Barca 5-1 playing as RM .... Was thinking I was the next Mourinho until I looked at their injured players who didn't play.

Rakitic, Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar, Alba.

Think even if they'd have played I might still have shared it 2-1 :D

Player selecting really continues to be a chore. The only reason I'm complaining about this again is because I decided to start a new save with Barcelona B. They have a massive squad so it means I have to do so much unnecessary scrolling up and down in order for me to pick my first eleven and bench. Especially when on a laptop.

I just don't get why you can't right click a player to select them for the next available spot like you've been able to do for years.

Please don't fob me off and patronise me. I've been playing CM/FM longer than some of you lot have been alive! Are you trying to tell me it's my tactics (that won me the league in my second season) that explain why I beat Aston Villa 5-0 and then lose 12-2 to Everton a couple of weeks later??? Not realistic.

Not at all, I'm saying this thread is for constructive feedback, if you want to be taken seriously you need to give enough info for people to analyse.

For suspected bugs the bugs forum and if (obviously not in your case;) tactical advice then the T & T forum.

It's impossible for you to have been playing anything longer than I've been alive so don't patronise me :D

Take off your angry head and use the forum as it's intended,ta.

I said some of you - not you specifically. Look, im not saying I'm some tactical whizz and I'm not angry - sorry if it came across that way. But it simply cannot be realistic that it's my tactics if I'm having that amount of difference with two relatively similar teams in such a short period of time. I know it's a beta but this does need to be looked at. I've uploaded plenty of save games, it's not a new issue, I've just noticed it particularly this season in game.

I said some of you - not you specifically. Look, im not saying I'm some tactical whizz and I'm not angry - sorry if it came across that way. But it simply cannot be realistic that it's my tactics if I'm having that amount of difference with two relatively similar teams in such a short period of time. I know it's a beta but this does need to be looked at. I've uploaded plenty of save games, it's not a new issue, I've just noticed it particularly this season in game.

If you read through this thread and the bugs forum you'd know high scores are a known issue, but individual results need analysing for discrepancies.

Just posting that it shouldn't happen helps nobody, T &T experts (I'm not one) will tell you have to adjust from match to match and also react in game, they also need evidence to analyse.

That's why I say one line complaints are just screen junk, they won't help you solve your problems and they won't give the Devs anything to work with.

I really liked this line in a sacking report

"Trost famously suffered the ignominy of being knocked out of the KNVB Cup by Schervingen in September and footage of that match is being rescued from the archives as he departs his post after a series of more recent disappointments"

It seems more organic to me.

not sure if this is a bug or a change in rules in the Irish league:

Munster cup seems to start the season before, with the QF's being in the correct season.

International players don't sign in January anymore, even on a free. They join in July.

definitely an issue, the international window just opened in january and it still wants them to sign in July.

Looking at this from an outside view the stats show that there were 113 goals in 30 games. An average of 3.76 which is higher than you expect.

You scored 60 in 30 which is an average of 2 a game. I'd say this was slightly high but I would put this down to the 10-1 anomaly which would without would mean and average of 1.68 per game.

You conceded 53 in 30 which is an average of 1.76 which is fine.

Basically, I personally believe that scoring is better than on beta release but there are still evidently one or two anomalous score lines. Do you have a .pkm of the Colcester game so that the relevant people can look at it?

May I ask how scoring can be "better than on beta release", as there was only one update so far which however didn't make any changes to the match engine?

Issues I've come up against:

In one pre-season game I drew 6-6 with St Mirren. 11 of the goals were own goals.

I only had one coach at the club and two fitness coaches. I mutually terminated the contract of one fitness coach but wasn't allowed to hire another coach. Went to the board who, after the second ask, allowed me to hire another coach. Put out an advert, picked a coach, agreed terms and then the board cancelled it saying I had too many coaches.

Why on the match graphics does the ball fire 20 odd yards back out of the net after almost every goal?

Like others, results seem unrealistically high scoring and massively inconsistent.

Can anyone better explain the tracksuit vs tactical thing for me? Is this basically a difficulty setting?

In general it feels less refined and more haphazard than previous versions. Might just take a little bit of getting used to but the FM feel seems to have eroded somewhat IMO.

few days back I asked a question regarding 2d and 2d classic views , wondering whether they were both going to be improved for the release date. I don't think think it's a bug , well I am sure it's not , it's just that the graphics it's terribile to say the the least , much worse by far than the 2005 series . So I am just asking again , just to understand whether SI is working on it or if this is what I will have to play with in 2015.

By the way am I the only one who thinks that both 2d and 2d classics are just about unplayable ? Pitch is simply awful , ball size is far too small , and the game compared to the 3d version looks laggy , mainly for the 2d classic in this case.

Thank's

Can I just ask why are some of the players soooooooooo cheap to get at the start of the game?

Most notably, Sirigu 5m, Yarmolenko 8m, Nkalou 6m, Gino Peruzzi 4m (last year you had to shell out at least 30m in the first season to get him). I mean I'm glad you worked on the negotiations and trying to reason out the prices, but it seems like it's too easy to assemble a decent squad with any team who has TB of like 25m and upwards.

Agreed. I don't think this is working properly. I've seen Sirigu being sold for 4,5 millions at the start of the game, while his value is much higher, there are no problems between the player and the team, and PSG doesn't have an adequate back-up. They had to pay 14 millions for Begovic to replace him, and it makes no sense.

I know some adjustments to ball behaviour on landing are slated so that might resolve it.

Great.

Not read through this thread so it might have already been addressed but got a weird thing going on ..

When on a player's profile, if I CLICK on "development" (rather than hover over it and choose move to under 19's etc.) then the game totally freezes. It doesn't resolve itself so stays frozen forever basically and I have to kill FM from task manager and start up again.

Not read through this thread so it might have already been addressed but got a weird thing going on ..

When on a player's profile, if I CLICK on "development" (rather than hover over it and choose move to under 19's etc.) then the game totally freezes. It doesn't resolve itself so stays frozen forever basically and I have to kill FM from task manager and start up again.

You should probably make a bug report for this one; if you are experiencing it, chances are someone else or several someones will also and SI would like to get these sort of problems fixed before release if they can.

May I ask how scoring can be "better than on beta release", as there was only one update so far which however didn't make any changes to the match engine?

He's thinking of how the game is currently in private Beta, these Devs do get absent minded. :)

Just asked Steam to cancel my pre-order of this. I've played every CM/FM from the mid 90s but I've had enough of this now. A game this flawed should be using rolling updates during the very brief beta. Been out for over a week now and what movement has there actually been? You'd almost start to think they're holding back patches until release day when people can't cancel pre-orders, but then I am very cynical.

Just asked Steam to cancel my pre-order of this. I've played every CM/FM from the mid 90s but I've had enough of this now. A game this flawed should be using rolling updates during the very brief beta. Been out for over a week now and what movement has there actually been? You'd almost start to think they're holding back patches until release day when people can't cancel pre-orders, but then I am very cynical.

Or they are incredibly busy working on it. Do you know the difference between a closed beta and an open one? A closed one allows them to take risks that could break that particular build, whereas for it to be an open one they can't take that risk. Not cynical, you're just not understanding how they work at all.

Just because you cant see it doesn't mean they aren't working, so you really shouldn't pass judgement.

few days back I asked a question regarding 2d and 2d classic views , wondering whether they were both going to be improved for the release date. I don't think think it's a bug , well I am sure it's not , it's just that the graphics it's terribile to say the the least , much worse by far than the 2005 series . So I am just asking again , just to understand whether SI is working on it or if this is what I will have to play with in 2015.

By the way am I the only one who thinks that both 2d and 2d classics are just about unplayable ? Pitch is simply awful , ball size is far too small , and the game compared to the 3d version looks laggy , mainly for the 2d classic in this case.

Thank's

Yes it's received attention so I'm pretty sure you'll find it improved on release.

I am playing as Norwich and understandably some of the players might want to play at a higher level. Having gone through the (nice) new feature of them telling me in advance and having unhappy players having rejected bids I do think this needs tweaking slightly

1 - Young players who have good potential (I assume) but haven't ever really played at a higher level wanting to play there (Josh Murphy) and not having the option to suggest they have better playing potential at our current level

2 - A player being unhappy at a sale and being told I will strengthen but despite signing a player I consider to be good no option to discuss this with the player (and them still expecting it to be strengthened)

3 - A player being unhappy at my unwillingness to sell (I've told them that I would only sell if a bid reflecting their value is received) when no further bids have been made (I could understand if they were unhappy that they felt the opportunity had passed)

I also think that player's approach to their manager in transfer negotiations and when speaking to them needs to be looked at. I have spoken to a couple of young players who are departing for a loan and i chose one of the options relating to going and impressing before coming back and their response included the line make your mind up... now even if I got it wrong there probably needs to be a bit more respect in the way they speak? Just feel that unless they are a big name (and you maybe aren't they should be respectful and their tone should be better. In 14 the "i'm sure you'll want me for something soon" used to annoy the hell out of me (even if it wasn't wrongly used as it was the first time I had spoken to them) because ultimately they work for me!!!

Just to add to this - its now september 4th (transfer window is shut) and the team has gone into melt-down as a result of promises to the point I think it has got a little crazy: for context I am at Norwich and as this is a test I added Southampton and sold Bassong to them for 20m

- Team unhappy at promise not kept to one of the players. I told Johnson (when he was happy at the sale) I would be replacing him and have since brought Pearce (Reading) and Hanley (Blackburn) to add to the 5/6 centre backs already there. Now reputation neither may be as big (don't know) but he has been replaced. Johnson didn't come back to me and in the conversation I was unable to say that IMO he had been replaced

- Team unhappy at promise not kept to let Olsson and Garrido leave - both were subject of one bid well below their value and were rejected. Prior to the bid Olsson had been told that I wanted him to stay and we would go up this year (which he was happy with) and after bids both were told that they would ONLY be allowed to leave if a bid matching my valuation was submitted. I have had no further bids

In both situations the team meeting started with 23 unhappy players but ended with 1 unhappy player and 22 placated. In ALL of their info its saying "asked to leave" (which they haven't) and their morale is abysmal. Interesting the player who remained upset was Grant Hanley who wasn't there when Bassong left AND was his replacement

I just feel these are a stretch beyond what they should have been. At the very least the players who were unhappy should have come back to me AND the option to say (no further bids / I have replaced him) should be there - feels like a BIG gap

Finally the media / player expectation to leave (when the window is now shut) is not right. I could understand it before deadline day and perhaps that putting teams to put bids in but after it is shut? Doesn't feel right to me!

I've had that media thing, but only to ask the former manager about my "underperfoming" season. I'm 1st in the league haha! I've actually stopped my save a few days before that, I'll kick on once the patch is out to fix it. :)

That's happened to me. I was slated to finish bottom, yet I'm second...

Defender AI is horrendous!!!!

One of my CB stupidly dallied in the opposition box and harassed the Goalie and got a yellow card. Then he proceeds to lounge into a tackle as if no booking, and gets sent off..

Really SI???

Player selecting really continues to be a chore. The only reason I'm complaining about this again is because I decided to start a new save with Barcelona B. They have a massive squad so it means I have to do so much unnecessary scrolling up and down in order for me to pick my first eleven and bench. Especially when on a laptop.

I just don't get why you can't right click a player to select them for the next available spot like you've been able to do for years.

Team selection is really winding me up, so much so that it's stopping me playing the game at all. It is absolutely horrible to use.

The sense of entitlement people have regarding what is a pre-release beta is staggering.

One of my CB stupidly dallied in the opposition box and harassed the Goalie and got a yellow card. Then he proceeds to lounge into a tackle as if no booking, and gets sent off..

Really SI???

Anybody lounging into a tackle should be sent off:D seriously though without any information on the player, the match etc. how is anybody supposed to judge whether or not it's a game problem or you actually have a defender that stupid? There are plenty of them irl.

Really SI???

Care to post this in the bug reporting section where someone might get to look at it? a .pkm would be great too. :D

My 3D-graphics stutter during games. Not much, but enough to be annoying. I have a good graphics card and the latest drivers, and I've tried to clear the cache. Is this a widespread and logged problem (tried to do a search), or is it just me? Any ideas what I should do to fix it?

Team selection is really winding me up, so much so that it's stopping me playing the game at all. It is absolutely horrible to use.

I've actually gotten used to it, but it's not how I would have designed it.

My 3D-graphics stutter during games. Not much, but enough to be annoying. I have a good graphics card and the latest drivers, and I've tried to clear the cache. Is this a widespread and logged problem (tried to do a search), or is it just me? Any ideas what I should do to fix it?

In the preferences, on the match settings screen, there's a menu below "Graphics Quality" where you can force a particular frame rate. Try using that. I was having stuttering until I set it to 30 (which is generally the minimum frame rate you want for most games to appear smooth to the human eye).

In the preferences, on the match settings screen, there's a menu below "Graphics Quality" where you can force a particular frame rate. Try using that. I was having stuttering until I set it to 30 (which is generally the minimum frame rate you want for most games to appear smooth to the human eye).

60 FPS did the trick. Thanks a lot!

I've played almost 3 seasons, so here's my impressions..

- First, this version is way too easy. Well, maybe this is partially caused by ME bugs, but still. Playing as Lazio, in the very first season I became a Serie A champion, seriously, board highest expectations were Euro Cup qualification. Without any serious competition :/, Juve finished 5th, Roma second, 7 points behind me, Gagliari! third and Milan 4th. I still won easily even considering I got a major morale drop and half of my players became unhappy during winter transfer window (I'll tell you what happened in the next part). In the second season I won Serie A again and reached CL semi-final, but got knocked out by City, cause 2 autogoals and silly penalty tho, still crazy level of realism we got here.

- The whole player interaction feature is a poor tuned/tested bullsh1t. I'll give you one example. So in the end december 2014 Balde Keita came to me to discuss personal matters, no problem bro, my doors always open to players. He said there's an interest for me from Chelsea (in fact there were no bids or even a teams actually interest in player) and I want you to accept the bid when it comes. I answered, I still need you, on what term you're going to stay? He said, I want to be a key player and team must be build around me. I said, okay, you're a key player in my books and I'm going to offer you a contract in next few days that will reflect your status. He said okay, his morale increased. On the next day my whole team became unhappy and demanded a team meeting. They asked me to let Keita Leave if he wants and don't ruin his carrier, oh really..

- ME got some positives for sure but at the same time has alot more problems than listed in initial post. Defenders are useless, they can't stop opposite players whatever the stats they got, most of the time they just keep following player with the ball and almost never tackle properly, or suddenly make some crazy unnecessary sliding tackles from behind and getting sent-off. They can't position properly, they can't organize an offside traps. They can't play easy aerial balls when defending, so many times my defenders with 16+ heading, good composure itc just nod the ball to the lone opposite striker in easy situations. WB far past crossing is overpowered. Players almost never score one-on-ones, shooting straight at the keeper or 10 meters above, but guess this issue is artificial. Guess I stop here, lets wait for the next patch and see if these thing get sorted.

- Transfer system: After so many years it's still flawed. You still can't sell most of your good players for under their value, cause just nobody want them (terrible AI teambuilding has to take part of the blame for this), but AI keep asking x3 price for mediocre 29yo guy, and then it comes to some talented youngsters AI just goes crazy and ask like $129m+$60m over 12 months, seriously. Just a real life example, this summer Lazio bought Marco Parolo for just €5,5m, try buying him in fm14 for similar value, you will need to pay 15-18m at least, or in fm15 try buying any player of this caliber for under 10m. Same goes to Dusan Basta or Stefan De Vrij, AI would never sell 22yo talented defender for just €8,5m, even if his contract is expiring, even if he expressed a desire to leave, in fm you will need to pay 20-30m at least for player like this..

Next, the transfer system can be exploited in many ways, for example you can buy unproved youngsters like Balanta, Lucas Romero itc for under $10mil in your first season and sell them after just a few months for 30+, or wait till the end of the season, give them some playing time and sell in the summer window for even more. I managed to sell Balanta to City for $48mil just after one season, for example, nice business here. Pretty realistic, I must admit, it's like nobody scouted them and knew their potential..

Talking about player development, loans are still useless, young players do not grow at all during loan spells, even in they play in fully simulated leagues.

Won't talk bout interface, some elements are dreadful, but I somehow got used to it already. Still don't understand why change something that worked great before tho.

Really SI???

Brilliant mate!

Just goes to show that the stuff that happens in the real game is often more daft than the stuff SI get called out for on here

Archived