Sports Interactive Community
Lucas

Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Are people finding it is taking alot longer to set up their games after they have chosen what countries, leagues and database size?

Not particularly, no.

The goalkeepers are a shambles. I'm loving it.

I'm finding we finally see more goals like in real life - goalkeepers aren't as overpowered as they have sometimes been in my opinion ;)

The goalkeepers are a shambles. I'm loving it.

I'm finding we finally see more goals like in real life - goalkeepers aren't as overpowered as they have sometimes been in my opinion ;)

Having trouble adding columns to Customise the view in Squad and during the Team Selection screens. Hard to resize them individually and some are missing at the right hand side even though there is plenty of room for them

If the running is the entire team all in all, then that is fairly normal. Football players usually run 10-13km a game :)

Well, in reality my favourite team runs 110 km in each match.

In game, I used Complete Wing Backs. Both of them runned over 14 kms.

No you can't it was brought up in Beta, there are some pretty awful colours if you choose the wrong club :(

Never saw this in Beta so didn't know. Cheers for the insight :).

Too much injuries. Played 3 pre-season games, got about 6-7 injuries.

None of your players will be fit so don't overtrain them and don't play a high intensity tactic and you'll be likely to have less injuries.

Don't really like the tactic screen. Having the empty spaces for unselected positions just takes up a lot of unnecessary room on the screen and means you have to scroll down a lot to see your players. Not being able to right click to assign a player to the first unselected position is a bit annoying too. And I liked being able to see/change player roles on the formation bit.

Also can't seem to be able to fit as many widgets/info boxes onto each screen as on FM14. If I zoom out 95% it barely makes any difference, and zooming out 75% makes a lot more space but the text is tiny. Would like a happy medium, say about 85%.

Well, in reality my favourite team runs 110 km in each match.

Top players can run up to about 15km each I guess, if it is a real hard worker. I don't really observe real-life stats, but it seems pretty normal to me. :)

These Roles and other mobile ones like the Roaming Playmaker will cover a lot of ground, as their mobility is a feature of the Role.

If you have an Anchor Man doing the same - raise a bug :)

Tactics screen is an absolute horror to navigate through..why on earth did you make such drastic changes. It is absolutely terrible!! Picking and subing players has become a nightmare..please do something! ME seems quite good..

+1 absolute nightmare now.

were do I find the transfers and loans and out of contract

Do you mean Player Search or your players who are out of contract etc?

Too small a sample to make a judgement. See how you get on after a season. If the problem persists, then please upload your save in the Bugs Forum.

Ok, but this didn't start well.

And yes, all of my players want to leave. There are no real transfer offers for them, just minor interest, and they came to me speaking that I should allow them to go to the other club. OK, I know that Milan (my team now) is not that reputable, but that 5 of my players would want to go to Tottenham, Sevilla, Napoli, etc, it just doesn't make sense.

Three questions

1. How do i search for coaches etc?

2. When using my scouts to scout a certain team or country in asia where do i find what part of asia ie east or south is Hong Kong and the likes?

3. Where is the transfer and loan section?

It is the main news screen, and it is red because that is the colour of the teams the news is about :D

Its is also disgusting !

Far too big bold and bright and doesnt match the rest of the look.

I'm disappointed, none of the clarity and improvements suggested were implemented with the Tactics or roles.

They're basically unchanged, counter/defensive is still misleading, as are the rest. Roles still don't clarify anything further, they're the same description and still no note about the formation being the defensive shape of the team (unless I missed it.)

As expected, player interaction still fails, players demand a move to a 'bigger team' literally within the first two days of starting, notably at Manchester United. I can get that, they want champions league football, but I do find it amusing they openly declare "We have no chance of getting into the champions league this year" when the season hasn't kicked off, the manager has top reputation and the players all agreed that they should be aiming for the title (because apparently Champions league qualification is unambitious...)

On the plus side, graphically the match engine looks lovely, minor complaint about the ball physics on the ground and some 'skating' but otherwise it looks a lot more clear-cut. A bit more polish on some of the animations so we can see if they're "over-extending" for the pass or not, because at times it does look like everyone is having to lurch their foot forward to collect the ball!

I like the game better than 14 allrady

scouting is a good improvement, though it makes my pre-season much harder now.

UI will take some getting used to.

ME loos improved but still needs some work.

saving takes much longer than in 14 though.

EDIT:

The headlines tab is absolutely hideous btw

Two questions

1. How do i search for coaches etc?

2. When using my scouts to scout a certain team or country in asia where do i find what part of asia ie east or south is Hong Kong and the likes?

Staff -> Staff Search

Scouting -> New Assignment, you can then scout by a specific country or region.

Lower league clubs in Norway attract top former players like van Nistelrooij, Wiltord, Naybet and Park Si-Jung when advertising for open staff positions.

They really shouldn't.

I guess juste geography.

Hong Kong - China - South Korea - Japan= East asia.

But i'm sure I saw a map somewhere in FM, can't find again.

I've only had a very brief go on the game, but it seems extraordinarily slow and unresponsive. I tried to promote a player from Barcelona B to my 1st team, and it worked fine initially, but the next two times I tried to do the same, the game completely froze. Saving a game also seems to take an age. Also, I spotted a bug whereby a 16 year old is already giving indications of what he wants to do when he retires from the game! I need to play it more to form a proper opinion obviously but it's not looking promising so far.

I've only had a very brief go on the game, but it seems extraordinarily slow and unresponsive. I tried to promote a player from Barcelona B to my 1st team, and it worked fine initially, but the next two times I tried to do the same, the game completely froze. Saving a game also seems to take an age. Also, I spotted a bug whereby a 16 year old is already giving indications of what he wants to do when he retires from the game! I need to play it more to form a proper opinion obviously but it's not looking promising so far.

Yeah the user interface isn't fully optimised at this stage, but what you're encountering seems a bit too much. Start a thread here and I'll try to help - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/418-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

I dont really like the UI at all its hard to find where things are and FM14 just looked more professional and usable. My main gripe is that the star rating is completely gone from the player attribute screen. Its annoying having to click into report each time when it used to just be there.

Very much enjoying this so far, my favourite part has to be how realistic players look when taking a first touch and controlling the ball. Very impressed, good job SI.

Ok first pre-season game I've had a ridiculous own goal and nearly conceded when my defender was 20 yards infront of the striker had 5 yards to get the ball but the striker still beat him to it... some work to be done me thinks.

Question here: In budget adjustment, is there a specific reason that I am not able to move transfer budget money into my wage budget? Doesn't seem like the board is ever going to let me? :p

Ok first pre-season game I've had a ridiculous own goal and nearly conceded when my defender was 20 yards infront of the striker had 5 yards to get the ball but the striker still beat him to it... some work to be done me thinks.

To help improve the game, please raise the issue in our match engine bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

Wow this release(beta) is really in depth, I am loving it so far.

Not sure how people are already playing matches, I have yet to get to the first pre-season match, been playing for almost 3 hours. :)

The wife asked me how I was enjoying it, I replied I was just setting up my tactic so I did not know yet, she asked again an hour later, I had not left the tactics screen. :p

Only small thing I have bumped into and I am not sure if it is maybe a typo or working as intended.

On the scouting screen for the player Stefano Guberti my scout suggests he 'would be worth tracking'.

He is 29 years old and has a 5 year global ban to serve, he will be 34 when he can play again.

Maybe it should read 'Not worthwhile tracking'?

Anyway 1st preseason friendly awaits.

Question here: In budget adjustment, is there a specific reason that I am not able to move transfer budget money into my wage budget? Doesn't seem like the board is ever going to let me? :p
If you hover your mouse pointer on the slider, you should be given a reason, I think.

I really like what you have don with allowing players to play reserve games. The quick and easy availability of this now as a news item and the drop downs is good. Something I hadn't really used recently but will be this year

It works for me, sure you don't have any future commitments?

wow...what is this? Red overload.

xtsGF2g.png

Was just going to mention something about this, only just started up my save and this isn't something I like too many bright colours, would prefer it to be shown without colour like a normal news item. I think it looks a bit tacky personally.

If you hover your mouse pointer on the slider, you should be given a reason, I think.

There.. uhm.. Is no slider? :p

EDIT: When looking, it simply says "The board is not willing to deal with any budget related requests at this time".

I've requested numerous other things though, they've all been granted? :)

Don't like how roles/duties are represented in the tactics screen, it's hard to see with a quick look. Showing them as text an the pitch like in FM14 was much clearer i think.

Mac user, having some issues with lots of black boxes around graphics, and many things look very "windows 95" in terms of font and graphics. Is there any settings I can change? Or is this a game issue?

1zxps83.png

Aaah, I'm hating the tactics. Admittedly, this is on FMC, so not sure if the same as the main game, but when I go to make a quick sub, I have no idea which of my subs is even remotely suited to the role of the position I'm subbing out.

In the example below, I'm subbing out Willie Robertson. As this is the team I support, I know the positions of the subs on the right, but if this was a new team to me, I'd have no idea at all who to bring on here. This is awful.

Q7aqIb8.png

Personally I don't see why the roles and duties were removed from the pitch view. The extra text on the left of the screen looks cluttered IMO.

ScreenShot2014-10-23at204233_zps32ccda25.png

Personally I don't see why the roles and duties were removed from the pitch view. The extra text on the left of the screen looks cluttered IMO.

I quite like it :)

Aaah, I'm hating the tactics. Admittedly, this is on FMC, so not sure if the same as the main game, but when I go to make a quick sub, I have no idea which of my subs is even remotely suited to the role of the position I'm subbing out.

In the example below, I'm subbing out Willie Robertson. As this is the team I support, I know the positions of the subs on the right, but if this was a new team to me, I'd have no idea at all who to bring on here. This is awful.

Q7aqIb8.png

Dave, there's a thread of FMC feedback in the FMC section.

Is there a way to add a new signing to the training camp squad?

Loving it so far but the UI is taking some getting used to. Player animations look fantastic and much better than the preview videos.

Ok, but this didn't start well.

And yes, all of my players want to leave. There are no real transfer offers for them, just minor interest, and they came to me speaking that I should allow them to go to the other club. OK, I know that Milan (my team now) is not that reputable, but that 5 of my players would want to go to Tottenham, Sevilla, Napoli, etc, it just doesn't make sense.

This has happened to me with De Gea, minor interest from PSG so I told him we would get CL football this season. Now 80% of my squad are unhappy!

ScreenShot2014-10-23at204233_zps32ccda25.png

Yep I agree should of been left how it was, well to cluttered in the tactics screen now.

Just went to make Falcao a permanent signing at United to be greeted with: "my client isn't that interested in joining your club..." and "my client feels playing continental football at a high level is important, and has no interest in joining a club not involved in such". I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have bothered signing on loan at United if he wasn't particularly interested, especially when he could have played in the Champions League at some of the other teams who were interested in him.

I'm not sure from the first few weeks that Manchester United's reputation has been suitably replicated in the game. If you can pay the big wages the big players will still come. Yet not a single world class player is interested in joining in game. Whilst players like David De Gea are eager to leave to join PSG, because they are in the Champions League. In my opinion the club should still be a 5 star reputation team. If United fail this season to get into the Champions League (quite likely based on the start they've made) then I would agree with you entirely, but for now I think it needs looking at.