Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

There seems to be a bug if Tutoring works "too well". I bought Zivkovic and had him tutored by Van Persie. At the end of the tutoring he got "professional" personality like Van Persie, and his determination went up to 19 (same as Van Persie). However, I got the message that "Zivkovic feels there was no way he could learn from a player when there was such a clear difference in personality between them", and they're both unhappy.

Tutoring seems to work along two axes. There's the actual development of the player, and then there seems also to be a separate, constant probability for an event to trigger that would end the tutoring badly. A bit of experimentation shows that if you reload to before the "I give up tutoring" event fires, tutoring will likely keep going until the end of the tutoring period, with positive or at least neutral results.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else unable to access all their subs in tactical overview during a match? Playing as Freiburg and sometimes I can only access the first 5 instead of all 7 subs. Kind of sucks when I need to sub on a striker and all I have access to is a backup keeper and some versatile defenders.

Convince me to not play strikers in all positions.

Sigh.

Too many things that break immersion for me in the ME, nothing has been improved from last year outside of the superficial, none of the issues that were complained about all year round have yet to be fixed.

But this one little thing really gets to me.

Why not play strikers in almost all positions.

The opposition as always, attacks be using long balls over the top, your own defenders are almost incapable of defending crosses, which essentially means, fullbacks are worthless.

On top of fullbacks being worthless on defense, it's super easy to exploit the flanks and get your wingers in behind, and indeed your full backs.

So like how I played strikers in the fullbacks positions in Fm14 with great success, i think, much to my annoyance, I'm going to end up playing, due to the match engines flaws and unrealistic representation of football, playing strikers, as wingers, and fullbacks this year.

Shame..

Obviously the issues are much deeper than simply playing strikers in these positions.

It makes a mockery of player stats, their individual ability, the entire concept of training, all that info that tells us if a player can play said position or not.

Essentially this one act, completely tramples on everything that supposedly sets FM apart from games like FIFA, the ability to play players out of position with absolutely no consequence and only upside.

Been playing for a few days now. Initial thoughts:

1. Too much moaning amongst players for not playing. It gets repetitive and happens to an extent that is unrealistic. I'm forced into playing a highly rotated style.

2. The tactics screen is not an improvement on FM14, but worse. Difficult to use, can't see roles easily and selection / movement and other aspects of interface is counter-intuitive.

3. Game feels less responsive overall. A few seconds pause on some commands.

4. Match graphics much improved.

5. Some problems with morale. I have 2 players 'stuck' on very poor morale and nothing I do seems to help. Also, the reasons affecting their morale initially were trivial and unrealistic in the first place.

6. Not always clear which players are ineligible to play each game when selecting team.

I think it's more the expertise of the person receiving the pass that's the problem, sublime first touch and control is too common place.

You're perfectly right about long passes to the center. I've been playing in the conference, though, and I have seen many long passes to the sides, and they are never just too long, they never go beyond the side line, they just slow down and stay in, as if they had been kicked by a player with divine technique, instead of a 6th-league CB. Sublime ball control, especially using the head, can't be the only problem.

Okay i have no evidence for this, but a player just scored whilst on the floor. I know this happens at times but the he fell over with the ball near his head, and the finish looked as if he had just slotted it into the corner with his foot.. Whilst he was on the floor

One thing that I want to discuss or gather more information on is the rating system. For several positions, you can make a list of "events" that will push the player rating up or down. For instance, many interceptions or a good game on the air will give your CB a good rating or fullbacks with successful tackles end up having a very good rating. I'm being simplistic with these.

I was wondering how can you push up the rating of the defensive midfielder? What does the ME judges as a good performance for a player in that position? I only seem to get good ratings for them when we trash opponents or when they have an assist or score a goal. It goes back a version -- I clearly remember my DM's having a good game in FM14 but ending up with a 6.8 :)

Okay i have no evidence for this, but a player just scored whilst on the floor. I know this happens at times but the he fell over with the ball near his head, and the finish looked as if he had just slotted it into the corner with his foot.. Whilst he was on the floor

Just save the match. That generates a pkm, which SI uses to isolate and help fix bugs.

It's your tactic.

That's fine - so why do I win convincingly one week and then lose convincingly 3 days later to the same team? Why do I beat Liverpool heavily then lose to burnley with the same team and tactic? It's far too hit and miss. It's also the tactic that won me the league in my second season, by the way...

You're perfectly right about long passes to the center. I've been playing in the conference, though, and I have seen many long passes to the sides, and they are never just too long, they never go beyond the side line, they just slow down and stay in, as if they had been kicked by a player with divine technique, instead of a 6th-league CB. Sublime ball control, especially using the head, can't be the only problem.

Agreed, currently top of the league with Roma in Feb, all players above 7.2 average rating but De Rossi playing RPM at DM is 6.92.. If i'm top i can imagine De Rossi will have had a lot to do with it

Convince me to not play strikers in all positions.

Sigh.

Too many things that break immersion for me in the ME, nothing has been improved from last year outside of the superficial, none of the issues that were complained about all year round have yet to be fixed.

But this one little thing really gets to me.

Why not play strikers in almost all positions.

The opposition as always, attacks be using long balls over the top, your own defenders are almost incapable of defending crosses, which essentially means, fullbacks are worthless.

On top of fullbacks being worthless on defense, it's super easy to exploit the flanks and get your wingers in behind, and indeed your full backs.

So like how I played strikers in the fullbacks positions in Fm14 with great success, i think, much to my annoyance, I'm going to end up playing, due to the match engines flaws and unrealistic representation of football, playing strikers, as wingers, and fullbacks this year.

Shame..

Obviously the issues are much deeper than simply playing strikers in these positions.

It makes a mockery of player stats, their individual ability, the entire concept of training, all that info that tells us if a player can play said position or not.

Essentially this one act, completely tramples on everything that supposedly sets FM apart from games like FIFA, the ability to play players out of position with absolutely no consequence and only upside.

right there.

last year testing with man utd i played 3 goalkeepers in outfield positions...the difference between them and the others was barely noticeable outside their average rating being slightly lower but if you didn't see the names on their animations the match you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them and most others...i even played one in the central attacking midfield position and he was scoring goals and everything...the keepers playing outfield were having good passing stats good shots and that. It highlighted the level of generic play in the match engine.

I was and in fairness still am hopeful that it can be improved on launch so fingers are still crossed. If not then issues really are deep rooted. We will know next week

That's fine - so why do I win convincingly one week and then lose convincingly 3 days later to the same team? Why do I beat Liverpool heavily then lose to burnley with the same team and tactic? It's far too hit and miss. It's also the tactic that won me the league in my second season, by the way...

I don't think it's hit and miss. Losing to the last placed team happens -- my team IRL (Atletico Mineiro) inexplicably lost a few weeks ago to the last placed team (Criciuma).

You cant expect to win every match.

"I've come to discuss my lack of first-team football with you, I'm starting to think I might not be up to the standard to play regularly here and have been thinking about moving on"

This particular player to coach discussion has been noted right and the fact it happens way too often?

I've had half the squad ask me this question, it's like rotation is a rude word. The latest one is Kyle Walker who spends half the season out injured (from the start of the game) and returns to the squad gradually, seeking to regain fitness. There's no way he should be questioning his lack of games for the aforementioned reasons.

ta

Hey I just want to check if its just me/my laptop or if its on everyone's game. It's nothing gamebreaking but jus a little annoying that some details like who champions of competitions for example, are sometimes missing.

So in my save, I'm managing in the Eredivise and when I check the Holland Season Summary, it doesn't say who won any of the competitions. On the Rules page for the league, it doesn't tell you what stages the top 3 finishers in Europe qualify for.

When I look at the England Season Summary, it only shows the winners of the Premier League and FA Cup. For the others, it starts with who got promoted etc.

Looking at Germany's Season Summary, The First Division winners and German Super Cup winners aren't listed, but the other competiton winners are.

I'm sure other Nations' Season summary pages and potentially Rules pages are similar as well (I can't be bothered to check more lol)

Now all the missing info can be worked out from looking at different places, but its just basic data that should be listed correctly. Is it the same for you guys?

Can I just ask why are some of the players soooooooooo cheap to get at the start of the game?

Most notably, Sirigu 5m, Yarmolenko 8m, Nkalou 6m, Gino Peruzzi 4m (last year you had to shell out at least 30m in the first season to get him). I mean I'm glad you worked on the negotiations and trying to reason out the prices, but it seems like it's too easy to assemble a decent squad with any team who has TB of like 25m and upwards.

Been playing more of the beta so i thought i'd make a short write-up. Some people really need to cut SI some slack though, they are playing a bloody beta, of course things are not gonna be perfect.

The good

New Match engine woo! As usual the ME as seen some upgrades and some things that has to be ironed out. Right now it seems like long balls over the top are kind of overpowered. Players are also taking A LOT of long shots. One thing i am very happy about is the fact that strikers now score in one on one situations with the keeper. They literally never did on FM14. I had a tactic which was fantastic at creating those situations but it was useless because of the ME imbalance.

Scouting upgrade finally. This has been needed for a long time. It used to be the case where i found find myself with 10M leftover at 29th of August and i just selected the 100 teenagers with the highest value and scouted them all. That is no longer possible and scouting actually requires some thought. Also the Director of Football being able to handle negotiations is cool, i would like it if there was a 'business' or 'negotiating' attribute or something like that though.

More player and team interactions, this is always cool.

The Bad

The bloody tactic screen. I can't for the life of be figure out what you are trying to achieve here. I used to with a quick glance be able to see what a players name, condition, positional awareness and rating was. Now i can see their name and their positional awareness. For condition and rating (the two most useful things for making subs) i have to go to the player list in the middle of the screen. It might not sound like much but it is a nuisance, especially to the people like me who have played with thousands and thousands of hours with the old and superior set-up. I do however like the fact that is displays poachers further forward than DLFs and wingers further forward than WMs. This makes the formation look more dynamic on paper.

Some UI changing just for the sake of it. It always feels like SI does this. Every new edition you have to relearn where certain buttons are and it never feels like the placement has been improved, just changed.

Overall i am optimistic about the new game and i think people should chill out a bit, beta is beta. Please revert back to the old tactic screen though. Written in the middle of the night so grammar is probably not on point.

I really wish jumping to another screen didn't end the current conversation when having a chat to players. Had players get upset because I clicked away without thinking because I wanted to look up something and that ended the conversation and of course they treat that like not giving into their requests. Chats need to be "must respond" type events where if you try to continue they pop back to the front in the state you left them.

In Short, having done a few saves, not progressed far match wise, reloaded a bit. tested some tactics. havent played above league 2/scottish championship.

Good:

Overall feel of the Game, much smoother than last year or the years before.

I can load more leagues than ever before beside having the same pc setup.

Graphics!!!

Scouting, Looking for a Player.

New roles/tactical possibilities.

Layout of the game.

Harder start at lower leagues (players wont join that often).

Bad:

Discussions with players feel a bit random.

Players react badly to praise even when having a rating above 8 or being man of the match.

Lower League Players get exhausted too quick when selecting man mark/close down in tactics before the match.

Team talks feel random in matches.

Goalkeepers sometimes are gods making ridiculous saves/or be the opposite and **** their pants when a ball is flying in their direction. In every save i made there was atleast one match where the goalie handles the ball so nicely it goes into the own goal after an opposite corner.

Tactic screen can get a bit overwhelming.

Games are won a bit random as i did the same/reloaded and looked at the outcome.

Frequency of injuries is bad. Sluggish as in FM13/14 (at the beginning) but worse.

So ... does anyone know what the new in-match team talks actually do? Some of the stuff I can imagine affect pressure and morale settings, but do they also change tactical instructions? The "get creative" one, for example?

I have full faith release day version will be far better than the beta (which isnt that terrible). The main things annoying me are being worked on anyway; goalkeepers being incredibly poor, own goals, and the silly team meeting and player requests, in terms of what they complain about. ie - no first team football when hes started/played in more or less every game.

So ... does anyone know what the new in-match team talks actually do? Some of the stuff I can imagine affect pressure and morale settings, but do they also change tactical instructions? The "get creative" one, for example?

im not sure but i've used get creative a bit and i do tend to score afterwards tbh, also tighten up does work at times

There's no problem with injuries in terms of putting players out for a while. The only thing wrong with injuries that I can see is that the frequency of them in matches (IE where someone picks up a knock and takes a big hit to their condition) seems a little too high at times - I'm not sure I should be forced into two substitutions nearly every match. However, that could be something to do with not rotating players frequently enough. I'm not sure.

Injuries do seem to be overly frequent, almost 2-3 a game at times, just too many.

Watching players fall over like a sniper has shot them whenever they are tackled is too much, also they fall over when the opposition player is nowhere near them, just looks ridiculous.

Watching defenders chasing a ball over their heads, then suddenly decide to stop chasing the ball or the attacker is so funny it's bad, this needs sorting.

Tackling in general is poor or simply non existant, players is next to the player with the ball and simply stands there like they were waltzing with each other.

This "pre-season started too early" business: what are you supposed to do about it? It doesn't seem like there's anything you can do about it, so why does it keep telling you the same two players are unhappy about training? One of those same players was given an extra week off after playing in an international competition, so why doesn't that make a difference?

One more: The media seem to ask the previous manager of your club what he thinks about you every other week. It's been two and a half years. Surely they have gotten tired of asking the same question and getting the same answer ("don't want to talk about it") already?

And another: Telling a player you're going to rest him for a week, and subsequently not putting him in any squad for a week, gets you a "failed" result in the "Promises" screen.

I really wish jumping to another screen didn't end the current conversation when having a chat to players. Had players get upset because I clicked away without thinking because I wanted to look up something and that ended the conversation and of course they treat that like not giving into their requests. Chats need to be "must respond" type events where if you try to continue they pop back to the front in the state you left them.

That's just not true.

In your Inbox it will say that the conversation has ended, but if you click on the player again, then Interaction - Conversations, the conversation will resume from where you left it.

I think SI makes it misleading by writing in the Inbox that the conversation has taken place, but unless I'm playing a different version to you, you can most definitely go back to the conversation. Granted, I probably shouldn't have to go back to the individual player and click on Interaction and Conversations to reactivate the conversation, but nevertheless you can do this.

This "pre-season started too early" business: what are you supposed to do about it? It doesn't seem like there's anything you can do about it, so why does it keep telling you the same two players are unhappy about training? One of those same players was given an extra week off after playing in an international competition, so why doesn't that make a difference?

One more: The media seem to ask the previous manager of your club what he thinks about you every other week. It's been two and a half years. Surely they have gotten tired of asking the same question and getting the same answer ("don't want to talk about it") already?

The game asks you every summer when you want to begin preseason. I've seen it range from about 9 weeks to 2 weeks, can't remember exactly. I'm guessing in this case you didn't give them enough of a break.

Re: the second point. Agree 100%. This is happening a couple of seasons in despite success.

One thing I would like to see is a different hover state for the Continue button. I can see there is an ever slightly different hue - though I could be imagining it - when you hover over Continue, but it's very difficult to make out. I just find from an aesthetic point of view that having a different, more visible hover state makes it look snazzier.

not sure if this is a bug or a change in rules in the Irish league:

Munster cup seems to start the season before, with the QF's being in the correct season.

International players don't sign in January anymore, even on a free. They join in July.

I know some adjustments to ball behaviour on landing are slated so that might resolve it.

I get an error some one and a half season in game. A serious error has occurred and the application needs to shut down etc.

The date is 20th 2016 and it crashes on news-items about the search for international under 23's managers starting (Denmark, Belgium, Italy and Spain).

And another: Telling a player you're going to rest him for a week, and subsequently not putting him in any squad for a week, gets you a "failed" result in the "Promises" screen.

I've had that media thing, but only to ask the former manager about my "underperfoming" season. I'm 1st in the league haha! I've actually stopped my save a few days before that, I'll kick on once the patch is out to fix it. :)

I'm having a really good save at the moment but wanted to ask a couple of questions and would appreciate some feedback even if it's been answered already :)

1) I'm aware that our beta saves will carry on once we update to the full game on release, however is it recommended that you start a new save especially if a patch is released on the same day? If so can you explain why please?

2) Will all the new fixes be included if I decided to continue with my save on the full game release?

Thanks

I like a lot of the game but have found a few problems:

1) Trying to exchange players when making an offer for new players, go to screen have a choice ie transfer listed players or others I have tried both but it goes straight back to the

transfer screen.

2) The match engin still seems sluggish.

Your current save will be fully compatible with the full version- all match engine and non- data fixes will be implemented when the update is released. If there are any major data changes, this will require a new save to be started.

Thanks for the feedback. In previous Football Manager releases are there normally data fixes upon release?

Just a couple of bits of feedback:

while I like the way that right clicking on a RB position brings up the people who can play there (this is a nice change) the same cannot be said for subs. Its really clunky to find the players who haven't already been selected. Perhaps removing those already selected would help.

My only real frustration is the player histories. For a game built on a database the data quality is getting worse edition to edition. Look at all the players who have moved teams and you will see lines of 0's in their history. Lazy updates either at the beginning or mid-season are making it a mess. I am really surprised there isn't a rule in place for data updates where players who move teams are either moved on the actual date via a future transfer OR moved to the team as of the 1st July and therefore no season stats for their old team.

Could you start a new thread here please http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/418-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues and hopefully you have a save from before the crash you can upload to the FTP?.

Hi Kriss, I just realised I had a custom database running, one that was made for FM14 (Belgian lower leagues). It worked fine untill now, but chances are this database has caused the problem. I'm still checking out the game a bit, so started all over, without the belgian file. No harm done..

----

What I found in my new save: Why don't international managers get a job interview or a contract? I was offered the Scotland under 19's job, all I had to do was accept it and it seems I'm working for free, without a definition of when the job ends. That was a pretty weird thing in previous FM's and I hoped it had been tackled in FM15. I guess it's not..

I just lost 12-2 to Everton. Come on! If this is not massively fixed on release, I'll be asking for my money back.

I'll take this one fella's......

ITS........YOUR........TACTICS ;)

Disclaimer - the above statement may or may not be true...... in fact....... its probably the match engine :lol:

Just a couple of bits of feedback:

while I like the way that right clicking on a RB position brings up the people who can play there (this is a nice change) the same cannot be said for subs. Its really clunky to find the players who haven't already been selected. Perhaps removing those already selected would help.

This. A hundred times this. Making substitutions is really difficult and clunky especially if you don't know the team that well to start with so you're trying to see who can play where. I think one of the main things is it doesn't gray out or take off people you've already substituted and it includes everyone in the first team as well.

I just lost 12-2 to Everton. Come on! If this is not massively fixed on release, I'll be asking for my money back.

Fine, in the mean time try not to clog up this thread with useless one line posts.

If you want somebody who knows what they're doing to have a look at the match either post in the bugs forum (with a pkm) or in the tactics forum where plenty of people will be quite happy to dissect your tactics.:)

Archived