Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Of course if you wanted those changes to take place in your game you would have to start a new save, if you were happy with your striker having a finishing of 7 instead of 20 then you could just continue your save. ;)

Data changes only take place with a new save after the update and if you select to have that update as your default.

how drastic do you see these changes being? game breaking?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There won't be any database changes until February/March time when they release the third and final patch.

Any other changes they make will be compatible with your current save game.

I thought the above player mentioned there would be database changes on release day? So there won't be any then?

I just had a game i was dominating and winning 3:0 after 70 min, then they made 4 goals in 10 minutes, 3 direct free kicks and one corner :) I don't have a PKM as i ragequitet. But i guess SI is looking into free kicks / GKs anyway.

Going into HT 1-0 up away at a 10 man Stoke, I just watched them tear me apart Germany on Brazil style to win 5-1, despite the fact they had only 3 players in their attacking half and no one between the striker and the DM.

Rinse and repeat next game away to Crystal Palace.

Looking forward to a new game on Day One.

I thought the above player mentioned there would be database changes on release day? So there won't be any then?

Only SI can tell you that and they won't until release day, it can't be completely ruled out because it depends on the importance of any data changes relative to the game (in SI's opinion I hasten to add)

That tactics screen, nightmare is the right word. Please atleast add back the ability to see at a glance on the player position what the role/duty is set at. Why would you remove this info and put it awkwardly to the side like you have? It feels like you broke something just so you can fix it again in 2016 ...

Also Goalkeepers, your having a serious laugh. Come on lads ...

Then, although consider this the best FM just product, do I still have to highlight some things that should not be.

During simulation of the game occur with excessive frequency of retro pass turned defender who promptly end up in corner. Too much.

I hope this bug (if we can called so) will be fix :D

The good parts....

1) Aging players more willing to take a pay cut. This was a massive headache in previous FMs when your club legend who has been with the club forever (think the likes of Terry/Gerrard) and is in the twilight of his career, but still earning a massive salary that doesn't fit with his reduced role on the field these days will almost certainly never agree to a pay cut. I've tested this on several players and the best one I got was RVP who I managed to cut his salary down from 180k p/w to only 100k p/w.

2) Long shots very effective. After countless times of just seeing the damn ball fly into the stratosphere every time your midfielder decides he fancies a pop from outside the box, this is a welcome change of scenery and opens up more options against teams that park-the-bus. Actually having the long range threat of the team on your side instead of firing balls into space Sergio Ramos-style is something I missed since FM10.

3) Easier to sign players. Oh I'm loving this, with the exceptions of only the most ridiculously well-paid superstars, almost anyone in the game is up for sale if your club has enough money for it. Rebuilding AC Milan has never been this easy before.

The downright terrible....

1) The tactics screen......seriously, who thought this was a good idea? Its bad enough that the massive sidebar takes up enormous amount of space, but on the tactics screen you have to deal with not only very restricted amounts of space to display stats for players but also the headache that is selecting substitutes.

2) Inconsistent drop-down menus. Arranged one way for your team, and another when you are viewing another team. Wtf? Can I just have the same layout no matter what team I'm viewing, please?

3) Apparently every squad are a bunch of pansies who get pissed off over the slightest issue from their team mates. Now I know modern footballers can be whiny lil' ***** but this is taking it too far. I had Diego Lopez come to me saying he's home-sick, since it was pre-season I let him have a month's leave to sort himself out. He agreed and off he went, then I see an inbox message saying my squad of babies is unhappy with my treatment of Diego Lopez. Wtf? :rolleyes:

3) Apparently every squad are a bunch of pansies who get pissed off over the slightest issue from their team mates. Now I know modern footballers can be whiny lil' ***** but this is taking it too far. I had Diego Lopez come to me saying he's home-sick, since it was pre-season I let him have a month's leave to sort himself out. He agreed and off he went, then I see an inbox message saying my squad of babies is unhappy with my treatment of Diego Lopez. Wtf? :rolleyes:

I called this in the features feedback topic. ^_^ It's par the course going on experience of FM releases, any modifications to player interactions like this years changes always take forever for them to sort out because they code it to be far too extreme.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good feature, and will be perfected in FM17.

My manager stats have been nerfed. I was a mix of tracksuit and tatical. Mainly tactical but high for technical and attacking. Now my tracksuit stats have been reset to all sevens and eights. My tactical coaching stats seem to be unaffected. Bug or nerfed and working as intended?

This!!! I pick team in squad screen, not from tactic screen

Me too. Yet another continuation in this years seeming theme of fixing parts of the game that aren't broken. Little hint, guys - if there's no call for an aspect of the game to be changed & people are happy with it, leave it alone and don't mess with it for the sake of it. Another area where this years version has gone backwards.

My overall feeling is that they've made parts of the game more fiddly than they have been in previous years. The tactics screen that they want you to use for picking the starting XI & subs, the "roles" now being in a list format instead of on the formation board, selecting members of your first team who need match fitness to be available for your reserves. I could go on. This years game has gone backwards in terms of ease of use in a number of areas & some changes feel like change for the sake of it to help justify a yearly release. In future, please just concentrate on fixing the real shortcomings in the game & leave stuff that already works well alone. I'll still buy the game! Honest! It doesn't have to feel like a completely different new game year to year. Some familiarity (and the leaving alone of things that already work perfectly well) is good!

I called this in the features feedback topic. ^_^ It's par the course going on experience of FM releases, any modifications to player interactions like this years changes always take forever for them to sort out because they code it to be far too extreme.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good feature, and will be perfected in FM17.

Made me LOL. Why FM17?? And not FM16??

Any chance of a beta update to patch the injuries issue? I'm losing 2-3 players every week.

There isn't an injuries issue. As has been mentioned by SI staff in this thread injuries in FM are actually lower than in real life.

If you are continually experiencing high injuries it's either bad luck or your training.

No injury problems as such but a few pre season ones, usual bruised ribs/dead legs etc mainly 1-2 weeks at a time.

Far too many crosses coming in that almost end up as goals, this was the same last game and it's still there, too many he nearly got lucky with that one comments when a winger or WB crosses.

Goalkeepers over exagerating falling on a simple ball towards them, just looks stupid.

Defenders just standing looking at the ball when a rebound happens, no attempt to move towards the ball when the attackers do so, it's like they've just frozen still and hypnotised.

Attempts at winning the ball in midfield is fairly poor, players just stand there next to their opponent and don't even attempt a challenge.

Just a few wee things I'm sure SI are onto it and will get right.

OH and they've got morale right this time, players don't seem to go up and down like yoyo's every week morale wise, so ratings per game is a lot more steady.

S.I denying an injury issue is deeply worrying. Either bags of people are all just being very unlucky, or there's an injury issue. I had something like 7 in pre-season. Think the most I've ever had go down in pre-season before is 2.

S.I denying an injury issue is deeply worrying. Either bags of people are all just being very unlucky, or there's an injury issue. I had something like 7 in pre-season. Think the most I've ever had go down in pre-season before is 2.

SI aren't denying anything. They run many, many soak tests (and probably other types of tests too) and they've found that there are still fewer injuries in FM than in real life.

I'm two weeks into pre-season and 3 friendlies in. I have 1 player injured. Know how to manage your team.

The big question is - how are the AI teams, especially in your own league, doing injury-wise?

SI aren't denying anything. They run many, many soak tests (and probably other types of tests too) and they've found that there are still fewer injuries in FM than in real life.

Know how to manage your team.

Been playing the game for many years. Think I know what I'm doing (and it's all training injuries, Mr Smart-A) thanks. Like I said, their stance is deeply worrying.

Been playing the game for many years. Think I know what I'm doing, thanks. Like I said, their stance is deeply worrying.

I'll ask again - How are the AI teams in your league doing? Are they suffering from these injury plagues too? If they're not, it isn't the game. They're using the same tools you are.

It's not worrying at all as there isn't an issue. Teams can suffer an injury crisis IRL and you can on FM two. I've found the amount of injury way too low in previous FM's, I could get through a whole season with only 16 players if I wanted, it wasn't realistic and made having a large squad rather pointless.

Players don't recover as quickly in this version, if you don't rotate your team regularly then you are more likely to get injuries. I think most people that are experiencing high injuries just aren't rotating their team enough and are letting their players condition get too low.

I'll ask again - How are the AI teams in your league doing? Are they suffering from these injury plagues too? If they're not, it isn't the game. They're using the same tools you are.

Brilliant. Only S.I.

Clearly, my feedback (that of an unpaid beta tester who has played the game for many, many years) is not welcome. Even though I'm doing nothing differently in pre-season that I have in any of the many FM games I've played previously. It's me. Keep your heads in the sand, boys. Coolbeans.

IPlayers don't recover as quickly in this version, if you don't rotate your team regularly then you are more likely to get injuries. I think most people that are experiencing high injuries just aren't rotating their team enough and are letting their players condition get too low.

They happened in pre-season and on the training field.

They happened in pre-season and on the training field.

So? What difference does that make? That's why you build up your players slowly in pre-season. Surely you don't play them for 90 minutes in every pre-season game? That'd be injury suicide.

And it's not that your feedback isn't wanted, it's that saying there is a problem with something that's been extensively tested is very odd especially considering very few people have this problem which seems to point to the fact that they're just experiencing bad luck.

@QWERTYOP

We've had a total of ONE report in the bugs forum where a user complained about injuries and he posted the injury tables of the league he was managing in. There were 70 injuries in total for the 20 teams. That's 3.5 injuries per team. I compared that to the Premier League injury count at the time. 90 injuries for the 20 teams, so an average of 4.5 injuries per team.

We're getting the usual "ZOMG, too many injureez", which happens EVERY year, but no-one except for this user posted any evidence or details at all. You could be really unlucky too, so don't forget that. I think we've been too used to previous FMs where we could easily manage injuries and have 0-2 injuries most of the time, only. It's still below real life figures.

I'm not ruling out that a certain training setting or something could be causing it, but that's why you'd need to provide as much information as possible. The AI doesn't have a constant problem with injuries, so if it can manage, we should be able to as well.

Can I ask without reading through 34 pages of stuff if in the day release SI intend to fix short passing and retain possession which as it stands (in my opinion) is completely broken.

Just your opinion.

What is broken about them?

Save your match, upload it to the ftp and create a thread here. Instructions for uploading can be found here

I was really excited about FM this year. I thought last years was amazing and i loved the tactics. My save game came straight from the beta as it seemed perfect. Thid years hasnt had the same effect.

All i seem to see is the ball picking over defenders (both mine and the oppositions) and despite leading at half time comfortably on numerous occasions the opposition seem to come back all the time. No matter what i seem to do its like the opposition come out for the second half having had Fergies hair dryer treatment. The amount of goals is off putting also. For me at the moment ive given up with the beta. I would have liked to have seen SI address the issue before full release.

I was really excited about FM this year. I thought last years was amazing and i loved the tactics. My save game came straight from the beta as it seemed perfect. Thid years hasnt had the same effect.

All i seem to see is the ball picking over defenders (both mine and the oppositions) and despite leading at half time comfortably on numerous occasions the opposition seem to come back all the time. No matter what i seem to do its like the opposition come out for the second half having had Fergies hair dryer treatment. The amount of goals is off putting also. For me at the moment ive given up with the beta. I would have liked to have seen SI address the issue before full release.

If there was a well known FM phrase for the month of October it would probably be "Never judge a Beta by it's match engine". If you don't think FM15 has introduced enough new features to be worth shelling out the money for then that's your decision, I wouldn't really judge it by the match engine though which is likely to be much improved by around this time next week :)

Like has been mentioned before, the Beta isn't really meant to be a representation of the full game, it's meant to be a preview for those who pre-order the game and to give SI the ability to get feedback on how the game performs on thousands of computers with different hardware. If they had waited till they'd fixed all the match engine issues we'd have likely had no Beta at all, and that would have led to thousands of complaints on release day when certain people can't run the game due to their computer hardware :)

I can't play this anymore. I can deal with most of the issues but it's the matches that have finally done for me. I can't handle the goalkeeping, the scorelines, the awful finishing. I just don't believe in it.

Maybe SI should have spent a lot more time on the match engine, as they decided to completely rebuild it, then on messing about ruining lots of UI features that were already fine.

I think finding a good data update for 14 and playing that instead is gonna be the way I go for now.

Don't get me wrong, there are some nice ideas in 15 but I think you've spread yourselves way too thin and taken way too much on. You've got lots of new things, all un-finished when you could have added fewer new bits and actually got them working.

I still love your work though SI! You've just set yourselves such high standards by being so consistently great at what you do that we're all just a bit disappointed you've not hit the mark this time but I think we all know you'll get it right in the end but for now I'm afraid I just can't play anymore!

I can't play this anymore. I can deal with most of the issues but it's the matches that have finally done for me. I can't handle the goalkeeping, the scorelines, the awful finishing. I just don't believe in it.

Maybe SI should have spent a lot more time on the match engine, as they decided to completely rebuild it, then on messing about ruining lots of UI features that were already fine.

I think finding a good data update for 14 and playing that instead is gonna be the way I go for now.

Don't get me wrong, there are some nice ideas in 15 but I think you've spread yourselves way too thin and taken way too much on. You've got lots of new things, all un-finished when you could have added fewer new bits and actually got them working.

I still love your work though SI! You've just set yourselves such high standards by being so consistently great at what you do that we're all just a bit disappointed you've not hit the mark this time but I think we all know you'll get it right in the end but for now I'm afraid I just can't play anymore!

You do realise it's a beta, right? The game itself hasnt come out yet.

And SI always spend time on the match engine. They have a team that works SOLELY on the match engine.

Disagree. They've definitely hit the mark this time. Best FM I've played in years. Lots of the match engine issues will likely be fixed this time next week and the only other area I think you could be referring too as 'not working' are the team meetings and the way players get annoyed too easily which seems to be an issue they've been looking at very closely even before the beta was released and I'm sure all the people that have been uploading examples of that have benefited them enormously and I suspect that'll be fixed very soon as well.

I don't get where you get all this 'spreading themselves too thin' stuff from.

Overall I think they've done a fantastic job on this years game.

If the interface, Training, Tactics Screen, Matches, Morale and Interactions all have issues, I'd say that's fairly significant.

I like scouting and transfers, I like what they've done with animations in matches (a good step in the right direction)

Archived