Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, after playing a few hours of the beta, I really enjoy the new version. I think the ME is obviously a massive improvement, showing a greater variety of animations. In terms of the new scouting system and sidebar, again I think its all changes for the better. So yeh, im really loving the new FM2015.

However, what is stopping me primarily is the bugs and the issues with the game. Yes, i know its in beta, and the only reason i pre-ordered was to experience what was new. Now, i am happily waiting until launch date which should see a decent patch/fix being lanch alongside, before i being my career and longsave games.

This leads me onto my question. What is the typical patch/fix strategy? We normally see a launch date patch, then isn't there one around a month later, then a final one in January?

Cheers!

Goalkeepers take an eternity to get up after making a save. Just lying there whilst an opponent passes the ball into the net.

IRL they practice this every day and are very quickly up and in position to make a follow up save.

This leads me onto my question. What is the typical patch/fix strategy? We normally see a launch date patch, then isn't there one around a month later, then a final one in January?

Nothing official, but typical is one around launch week, one around December and one around March (which includes a data update). There is generally a small update a week or two after each big one to fix any big issue but this is also not certain

- Further optimisation to match performance

Just checking this means goals/shots per game? I'm Gateshead won league but conceded 75 goals in the process

No, it means your match should run faster. Less lag.

Goalkeepers take an eternity to get up after making a save. Just lying there whilst an opponent passes the ball into the net.

IRL they practice this every day and are very quickly up and in position to make a follow up save.

Known issue :)

I'm fairly certain issues such as defenders being too slow chasing balls towards their own goal when compared to opposition players, goalkeeping decisions/handling, too many goals etc have been mentioned many times.

I'm going to mention something minor which happened to me recently. I manage FC Volendam and won the league title. At the end of season meeting where you have to talk about expectations next season, I only got 2 options which both spoke about finishing mid-table. I definitely should have an option to say "Well done, I think we can survive relegation" or w/e.

My team was unchanged with respect to transfers, was originally predicted to finish 6th and due to financial issues, the club is over 2million in the red right now. I therefore don't see why the game assumes finishing mid-table in a higher league would be sufficient as a base, as do half my squad who were upset at "unrealistic expectations".

I'm fairly certain issues such as defenders being too slow chasing balls towards their own goal when compared to opposition players, goalkeeping decisions/handling, too many goals etc have been mentioned many times.

I'm going to mention something minor which happened to me recently. I manage FC Volendam and won the league title. At the end of season meeting where you have to talk about expectations next season, I only got 2 options which both spoke about finishing mid-table. I definitely should have an option to say "Well done, I think we can survive relegation" or w/e.

My team was unchanged with respect to transfers, was originally predicted to finish 6th and due to financial issues, the club is over 2million in the red right now. I therefore don't see why the game assumes finishing mid-table in a higher league would be sufficient as a base, as do half my squad who were upset at "unrealistic expectations".

I'm pretty sure it doesn't take your bank balance into account, but rather the strength of your team/squad. If you have a save from just before that meeting, it could be looked at for possible changes.

Don't know what all this high scoring is about, I've drawn my first two premiership games 0-0 :(

Those who say playing 2 strikers will fix Liverpool's problems are lying :D

One question - is it normal for the team to take so long to get used to a formation? I set 2 at the start - 4-4-2 diamond and 4-2-3-1 wide, and both are less than half way familiar?

so the goals/shots per game hasn't been updated yet?

You asked about the optimisation and I told you.

The goals and shots (along with everything else in the OP and more) is being worked on.

I'm using a mac, not sure if it makes a difference. And this might already be covered, but I can't seem to designate my subs so I'm having to resort to asking my assistance to pick the squad so every position is utilized on the bench, and from there, I can change who's in the first 11...

This happens once you've filtered out "unavailable" players. Then the option to select your team is lost...

Don't know what all this high scoring is about, I've drawn my first two premiership games 0-0 :(

Those who say playing 2 strikers will fix Liverpool's problems are lying :D

One question - is it normal for the team to take so long to get used to a formation? I set 2 at the start - 4-4-2 diamond and 4-2-3-1 wide, and both are less than half way familiar?

Yeah, teams need to play actual games to get used to it quickly. Took me two or three months till my team was fluid with my tactics. Good improvement if you ask me :)

First of all: I really enjoy the game - the few flaws don't stop me from enjoying it.

One question though: Is there a complete list of currently known issues? I read the first page but I think that one hasn't been changed after bug reports and so on?

I just offered Van Persie a player/coach contract at the age of 31. He accepted the contract offer, and the day after he retired as a player, and i now got an average coach at a 1,6mp a week contract. Anyone else experienced this?

This is known and will be fixed for release.

Hello

I have noted 2 issues.

1. At the squad and tactics screen, I have trouble adding more data columns. I usually end up with a very large last one, which I cant shrink to add more.

2. The list for all known players takes ages to appear, and I have a FAST pc. Even when I enter a player screen and then go back to the same scouting screen it still take ages

Gutted. Can't play my wingers as strikers!!!!

2014:

2014_zpsbbb9cd66.jpg

2015:

2015_zpsac43da27.jpg

No chance of playing as a left-sided defensive winger now.

Just looking at and comparing these both screenshots makes me wonder why they literally removed all the relevant information. No condition, no mood, no shirt number, no role and no duty.

I just had a game i was dominating and winning 3:0 after 70 min, then they made 4 goals in 10 minutes, 3 direct free kicks and one corner :) I don't have a PKM as i ragequitet. But i guess SI is looking into free kicks / GKs anyway.

People who rage quit shouldn't really risk their health playing a Beta :D

Hello

I have noted 2 issues.

1. At the squad and tactics screen, I have trouble adding more data columns. I usually end up with a very large last one, which I cant shrink to add more.

2. The list for all known players takes ages to appear, and I have a FAST pc. Even when I enter a player screen and then go back to the same scouting screen it still take ages

Both are known issues thanks.

As fun as its been i'm gonna wait now until the full game is released , and presumably a hefty patch with it. Having played 54 hours of the beta now in the Conference South i can't face watching any more matches where the keepers may as well not be there , defenders simply stand and watch , basically anyone can score a free kick from anywhere remotely near the goal and 99% of passes go straight to feet regardless of distance. All very entertaining for the digital crowds who must love the 7-6 scorelines but not why i bought the game in all honesty

I like the scouting, it now feels far more realistic and actually good to try and nail down the required players. Pissed me off though when i sacked my AM to bring in another only to find the game had auto assigned the role to another of my staff so the new guy wasn't required.

Not a huge fan of the interface. Everything seems squashed in to me , leaving the need to scroll. Personally i preferred the FM14 look.

The straw that broke the camels back was my pre season friendlies for season two in which every game had over ten goals. The final nail being 4-0 up at half time against a much lower Ryman league side only to lose 7-6 - playground rules ?

Gonna spend the next week or so playing about with the menus to customise and try to make them usable. Then restart things once things go properly live.

I am in exactly this position too half way through a Conference North season. The scorelines make the Beta completely unplayable at least at lower league level, most other bugs that have been mentioned I could put up with but the totally stupid scores virtually every match just ruins it.

FM2015 looks brilliant though, the best ever for sure and I can't wait for the proper release version of the game when I assume this flaw will be fixed.

First of all: I really enjoy the game - the few flaws don't stop me from enjoying it.

One question though: Is there a complete list of currently known issues? I read the first page but I think that one hasn't been changed after bug reports and so on?

No because it literally can change minute to minute, obviously SI's bug tracking application isn't going to be opened to the public any time soon:)

Just looking at and comparing these both screenshots makes me wonder why they literally removed all the relevant information. No condition, no mood, no shirt number, no role and no duty.

That information has been helpfully moved to the other side of the screen.

I like the stars and rating circles, but I'm not sure why all the other information had to be lost to make room for them.

I just had a game i was dominating and winning 3:0 after 70 min, then they made 4 goals in 10 minutes, 3 direct free kicks and one corner :) I don't have a PKM as i ragequitet. But i guess SI is looking into free kicks / GKs anyway.
It works both ways, winning 7:6 after being down 0:6 in halftime is just to good :lol:

Did the AI manager rage quit after that game?

Guest El Payaso

I think that the ways that goals are scored are really few. Only seeing maybe three or four type of goals in my games and it is a bit boring. Crossing and wideplay, like it was all the time in FM 2014, is still too effective, especially when you're playing with attacking full-backs, dribbling is quite okay at the moment I think. The wingers aren't dominating the games by just being able to run long distances with the ball. The second is direct free-kicks, which I don't mind as we haven't seen regular goals from them for ages, and it is refreshing. Third is mainly a random through ball over the defensive line, mainly played in by players without that good vision. Wouldn't mind seeing those from actually intelligent players but my best through balls seem to come from my limited defender and defensive minded full-back...

IRL there are thousands of different goal types and it is quite dull that we see maybe 3-4 goaltypes in the game.

I'm having a crack at the San Marino challenge. Got to youth recruitment day and I cannot offer youth contracts to my San Marinese youngsters, but I can to the Italians. I can only offer the San Marino youngsters full time contracts, which they don't want to accept!

Not sure if this is an issue that has been raised, or it's actually a real life problem. Kind of screws the game up if I can't keep them!

IRL there are thousands of different goal types and it is quite dull that we see maybe 3-4 goaltypes in the game.

Nothing personal but I have to say rubbish!! I've seen more than 4 types of own goals alone :D

I think that the ways that goals are scored are really few. Only seeing maybe three or four type of goals in my games and it is a bit boring. Crossing and wideplay, like it was all the time in FM 2014, is still too effective, especially when you're playing with attacking full-backs, dribbling is quite okay at the moment I think. The wingers aren't dominating the games by just being able to run long distances with the ball. The second is direct free-kicks, which I don't mind as we haven't seen regular goals from them for ages, and it is refreshing. Third is mainly a random through ball over the defensive line, mainly played in by players without that good vision. Wouldn't mind seeing those from actually intelligent players but my best through balls seem to come from my limited defender and defensive minded full-back...

I score plenty different types of goals. It is, as usual, likely to be your tactics :D

Sorry if this has been brought up; there's a lot of pages to go through. When trying to customise my view on the tactics screen, I'm finding that a lot of the fields I select to view aren't showing up, despite there being enough room.

For example, I choose to see a players age, condition, goals, and assists among other things. But say those are the last four. In that instance, goals and assists may be missing. And even if I make every other column as narrow as it can be, 'condition' will just stay as one huge column and I won't be able to make it smaller to make room for goals and assists.

Sorry if this has been brought up; there's a lot of pages to go through. When trying to customise my view on the tactics screen, I'm finding that a lot of the fields I select to view aren't showing up, despite there being enough room.

For example, I choose to see a players age, condition, goals, and assists among other things. But say those are the last four. In that instance, goals and assists may be missing. And even if I make every other column as narrow as it can be, 'condition' will just stay as one huge column and I won't be able to make it smaller to make room for goals and assists.

Me too Nelly. Can't customize "assistant report" screen without a few columns disappearing :/

Gutted. Can't play my wingers as strikers!!!!

2014:

2014_zpsbbb9cd66.jpg

2015:

2015_zpsac43da27.jpg

No chance of playing as a left-sided defensive winger now.

Also they've removed the ability to play a Defensive Winger in the AML/R (as well as striker, obviously) slots. Unhappy, as this was the best approach I had for pressing from the front. Not sure why they were removed, as there is still the option to play a Defensive Forward in the striker slot, so it makes sense to have "defensive" players in the AML/R slots.

Have they perhaps addressed AML/R pressing in other ways?

Hi,

I don't know if this has been answered before but I assume that if I start a save now I will be able to continue it when the full game is out? As in, it's exactly like the full game with the ONLY difference being that right now I can't play more than 6 months (or whatever time it is). Because I wanted to start a really long term save, and I didn't want to go through all the trouble right now if it meant restarting it when the full game's out.

Hi,

I don't know if this has been answered before but I assume that if I start a save now I will be able to continue it when the full game is out? As in, it's exactly like the full game with the ONLY difference being that right now I can't play more than 6 months (or whatever time it is). Because I wanted to start a really long term save, and I didn't want to go through all the trouble right now if it meant restarting it when the full game's out.

Yes, you can. This is already the full game.

Hi,

You can play for as long as you want too on the Beta. It's only one the dmeo where you can't play more than six months. In the Beta you can play up to any time, the year 2341 if you wanted too :)

Oh that's even better to hear! But then when the full game comes, it's just a question of a different version, then? A few bugs corrected and whatnot? And it should also fix them in a save game already started?

There will likely be a release day update to fix bugs, but any changes will be applied to your current save games, so you won't have to start over :)

Yep, the 1st screen (FM2014) looks like PC game and the second screen (FM2015) looks like a screen from some game played on tablet, LOL. Absolutely baffling decision to remove all that information. What were they thinking?

Shirt numbers do appear once you've given them to your players :)

But I do agree with you, it's a strange decision to remove information from the tactics screen while adding so much in in other areas.

I think there are big improvements in FM15 ME, besides some obvious flaws it is so much more fun to watch :thup:

Maybe it seems this way because there are some defending/gk issues and some strategies are to effective and result in to many simular goals. But the ME is definitely capable of producing many different goals. I would say just wait till the biggest flaws are fixed, i bet this problem will go away.

Archived