Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Maybe it's too late for 2015, but how about you bring the pass to feet shout back to the game as a team instruction? There doesn't seem to be any good reason why it was left out, as if you just forgot about it.

[oops] meant to post this in the wishlist thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far so good for me, only played friendlys, the major gripe with this game is the tactics screen, i like to filter out unavailable players so i don't have to scroll as much, however when i do this it also takes away any unused first 11/sub spaces i have so in other words theres not much use in it in the first place. Picking your team takes alot longer and trying to take out players is a real pain, i have to delete the whole team and start again. When you click on a player on the left and try and change them it brings up the whole team (in no order)! But if you click a player space on the pitch it only brings up the players that can play in that positon, (this is fine but why the differnce between the two?)

It is hard to sell players and there is way too many injuries, i have had 7/8 injuries already and one players been injured twice (without playing)!

In the ME the keepers are a bit bad at saving long range shots, there is a lot of one on ones missed and too many own goals. Not had too many high scoring matches or stupid defensive errors yet though.

Apart from that the rest of the game is really good, the new scouting is brilliant, the movement in the ME is alot better than previous FM's, the game should be a cracker by next friday.

Should be an option if that is the case to tell them that u would be able to give better training if got the badge then.
What do you want the players to do for 9 months while you're studying for this badge? Train themselves?

I'm struggling at the moment. There is money, but I have an AM and a coach, nothing more. I am needed at training. In today's world, I might be gone after 6 months (I certainly will if I continue to lose this much!) and where does that leave the team if they haven't had proper training because I had my nose buried in a book?

I know what the reason is. It's up to me to get the club to do well enough so that I can hire more coaches and then I can go on a course.

Either that or I'll get fired, which will leave me with plenty of time to study. :D

Oh and please, no txt speak.

I know that goalkeepers have been mentioned already, but it's their lack of smothering the ball that needs tweaking. During one-on-ones and rebounds (from both players and the woodwork) in particular, I've never seen the goalkeeper charge out and throw his body on the ball. Is this because there isn't an animation for this or have I not seen it yet?

• Administrators
How come i can only offer £85 wages to a Key Player and nothing more when i have over 200k wage budget?

Have you already agreed with other players to join the club so your 'future wages' are used up? Please raise the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/425-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

Thanks.

It's more noticeable at lower levels to be honest (that's not to say it doesn't happen at all at higher levels).
I've not notice really high scoring games the most after 27 matches played is 6 (both sides). However what is skewing matters is the lack of clean sheets only three clean sheets kept by my team or any of my opponents. That should improve if Goal Keeping improves and own goals stop being so regular. Get the way the ball is distributed tweaked with less hoofing unless tactically implemented and its going to be a cracking ME.

I know that goalkeepers have been mentioned already, but it's their lack of smothering the ball that needs tweaking. During one-on-ones and rebounds (from both players and the woodwork) in particular, I've never seen the goalkeeper charge out and throw his body on the ball. Is this because there isn't an animation for this or have I not seen it yet?
I have once but out of the area so yellow card and free kick awarded. However, as a save in the area no, at least not without the GK standing up and leaving the ball on the ground to be poked in by an onrushing attacker.

Gotta say this is pretty much accurate. Overall the Match Engine produces a lot of chances, but Clear Cut Chances seem to be wasted a lot, while Chances from Set plays and long range shots are a bit to powerful. I also don't get the impression that the Finishing stat helps in any way with the Clear cut chances. Players Like Mitrovic and Suarez on Anderlecht waste chances in the same way that my 17 year old winger with a really low finishing stat.

I had the same experience with fm 14, where Robert Ogleby (who played for wrexham in the skrill premier) with a whopping finishing of 8, was just about as accurate with his clear cut chances, as Albert Cerri after a few years of nursing and a finishing of 17

I'm not sure if CCC is bugged in 15 as well as it was in 14.

But the ratio of CCC scored seems to be roughly 1 in 3, watching them back, some can be justified, some are like "how the hell did you miss that?" it only really becomes a cause for concern when you rack up 8 CCC's in a half and go in 0-0. Then win 7-0 all from long shots.

Also, I DO think CCC recognition is bugged, because wide shots are counted - the ones where wingers/forwards shoot from on the goal line aimed at the near post, they either hit the post, smack it at the keeper or get a fluke goal from it. It's counted as a CCC, and it shouldn't be, nor should they be shooting from such a ridiculous angle, that area is the cut back area.

Hi can i just ask when the next patch will be out

Erm this is the Beta version and it doesn't get "patched" whatever that is, the game will go live soon and any feedback there has been will be added to an update on release date, I don't work for SI but all this is painfully obvious.

Just got this message after selling a few players in Summer transfer window: "The board will not deal with any transfer requests made at this time"

Got a transfer budget (season expectations) and sold a couple of players then this happened, it's not like i've overspent or anything...Frustrated - Is there any fix to this? Will it go away (It's been a couple of weeks in game since it happened)

Started up a new save with Hoffenheim, as soon as i sold a player it happened there too.

I've noticed that GK's still catch the ball and give away a corner - hoped this would have been fixed from 14.

Scouting - like that get more detail in the inbox, but don't like that I have to multi-click to see that scouts assignment reports or that there's no "Remove from Shortlist" button in the email.

I've noticed that GK's still catch the ball and give away a corner - hoped this would have been fixed from 14.

Scouting - like that get more detail in the inbox, but don't like that I have to multi-click to see that scouts assignment reports or that there's no "Remove from Shortlist" button in the email.

I'd second this. The removal of those buttons in the news item is a step backwards in terms of usability.

Ive never seen this either. The amount of goals i have conceded due to a keeper saving the ball, and making no effort to smother it letting an attacker tap it in, is incredible. Good to know they're being tuned as we speak, because they're in dire need of improving. They almost spoil the entire ME experience

I seem to have to re-size and re-position my in pitch pop-ups (for want of the correct term) every time I re-start the game, i.e. they won't be where I left them last night when I start up tonight.

Is this the game or my laptop?

I seem to have to re-size and re-position my in pitch pop-ups (for want of the correct term) every time I re-start the game, i.e. they won't be where I left them last night when I start up tonight.

Is this the game or my laptop?

it's the game..happens to me too

I noticed a reply ealrier that there are very few national teams to manage when starting a new game, is this normal? Last year there were always a lot more national teams available to manage when starting a game.

3 games into season and Krul asked to speak to me as PSG are apparently interested but when I went to the transfer tab there was no interest from anyone. After speaking to him and saying I would let him go if a bid came in he was happy but the rest of the squad weren't saying how can I keep a player against his will. Is this a bug as I told him he could leave just for the team to argue against the opposite.

Not a bug but I don't like the new colour schemes for message in the inbox, it all looks a bit weird to me

Don't know if its been mentioned ..... But you can't be offside in your own penalty area #bug , happened a few times now

You can't be offside in your own half. sure you're not confusing something because in more than ten years of this game I've never seen somebody given offside in their own penalty area.

I'm sure you'll have a pkm though?

I noticed a reply ealrier that there are very few national teams to manage when starting a new game, is this normal? Last year there were always a lot more national teams available to manage when starting a game.

It has been reported and it will be fixed for release.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/402065-National-teams-Reviewed

I remember in earlier versions the game would take me to the fixtures screen on the matchday, so I could see who is playing who and then check the result after the games are finished. That includes major footballing events such as Champions cup, EURO cup, World Cup, European Cup as well as International Friendlies. Now, if my team does not participate in any of these competitions I am unable to see this anymore (subscribing and viewing game reports is not really an option).

I am interested in viewing all these events on the matchday only, when the games are being played (like it was possible in the past). Apparently, this functionality is missing from the Screen Flow, as it is shown here: http://postimg.org/image/c2sflnmot (e.g. who would want to follow World Cup qualification on a daily/weekly/monthly basis?)

As for International Friendlies, it is missing from the competition list so there is no way to follow them at all (unless you are in control of a national team). It should also be possible to make fixture list to appear on the screen on the international matchday, as shown on the picture: http://postimg.org/image/lqas82no9

The game is all about the details and I can't stress enough how important that information is to the player in terms of depth of the game world.

You know how when one of your first teamers gets injured, a news article will show up and say "United suffer X blow" and will then suggest several players who could step up and fill his boots. Could the same 'check' be applied when I sell one of my big stars? In my second season summer window, I sold RVP to Madrid, and Phil Jones became concerned. Now, out of all the options during our conversation, I ended up choosing the best one for the situation, but it was not the truth. I chose the reasoning that his wages were too high and I let him go. The other option was a promise that I would sign a replacement, which would be a lie. Because the reality was that he could easily be replaced by Rooney, Wilson, Hernandez, and Gabriel Barbosa (new signing out on loan), as well as Falcao who extended his loan for another year. We have more than enough cover in the striking department, and I would like the option to explain to my concerned players that we already a replacement in place, perhaps an exciting upcoming youngster, or I could change my system. I sent RVP to Madrid plus cash for Isco, surely I could have eased their concerns by pointing out that Isco is a world class addition who, at only 23 years of age, could only strengthen us?

The ball to net physics seem a bit odd, looks like the ball is hitting a plywood container.

Oh boy, more injuries again. I get it's a balancing act, but does the game need to go through this every iteration?

Defenders and keepers are rubbish have a tendency to get completely lost, leading to an overabundance of blowout results it seems.

All very promising, looking forward to the release day version.

The ball to net physics seem a bit odd, looks like the ball is hitting a plywood container.

It's difficult to get a net to behave like one. ;)

It is a known issue though.

Oh boy, more injuries again. I get it's a balancing act, but does the game need to go through this every iteration?

We don't, because injury rates are, as ever in FM, slightly lower than RL.

Defenders and keepers are rubbish have a tendency to get completely lost, leading to an overabundance of blowout results it seems.

PKMs please. :)

You know how when one of your first teamers gets injured, a news article will show up and say "United suffer X blow" and will then suggest several players who could step up and fill his boots. Could the same 'check' be applied when I sell one of my big stars?

Good idea, belongs in the suggestions thread.

So, has anyone figured out what's up with so many players complaining over lack of first team football?

I'm playing with Liverpool and I just don't get it. It's too much.

What am I supposed to do, keep a squad of 12-13 senior players and the rest youngsters who wouldn't complain?

It really begs looking at from SI, and I hope they tweak it in time for release because it doesn't make a lot of sense as it is - why would Joe Allen complain about 8 starts and 5 sub appearances in November, when he's set as a rotation option? Not many players featured more than him.

The players also seem to be very impatient and throw a hissy fit extremely quickly - I had Balotelli deputising very well for Sturridge up front when the latter was injured, and when he returned I gave him some starts to try and play him back into fitness and form. After not starting 3 or 4 matches Balotelli became concerned that he might have to leave for first team football... I... what? It's a long, long season pal.

The ME needs some work, defending is comical at times and GKs push the ball into their own net pretty much every game. Lots and lots of own goals by defenders and goalies, some of them are downright insane - one particular goal I scored involved a defender literally nodding the ball into his own empty net after his GK was beaten. He was under no pressure at all and could easily clear the ball, this points to an issue with the interaction between ball and player. I might upload that particular goal to the bugs forum because it truly is the dumbest goal I've ever seen scored in FM and in fairness is unusual even for this beta.

Generally the ME seems solid beyond these issues though and the slew of other features and improvements are very welcome, so I'm happy.

Although I realize some of these issues may be known, I am simply listing my findings from my first 20-30 hours of beta game play.

- Goalkeepers seem to be prone after a parried shot UNTIL the next person touches the ball, at which point it's too late for the goalkeeper to get back into position. Goals are scored/conceded way too much via this bug.

- In 2 on 1 situations (2 strikers 1 goalkeeper) players almost never pass the ball for a certain goal. Instead they shoot.

- Silly amount of counter attacks every game. (without exaggeration) maybe 8-10 one on one chances every game with very few being converted.

- Following on from the last point, very low percentage of one on one chances are converted.

- Very high scoring games, often draws. 5-4, 5-5, 4-4 I have recorded ten times between them in one single season.

What do you want the players to do for 9 months while you're studying for this badge? Train themselves?I'm struggling at the moment. There is money, but I have an AM and a coach, nothing more. I am needed at training. In today's world, I might be gone after 6 months (I certainly will if I continue to lose this much!) and where does that leave the team if they haven't had proper training because I had my nose buried in a book?I know what the reason is. It's up to me to get the club to do well enough so that I can hire more coaches and then I can go on a course.Either that or I'll get fired, which will leave me with plenty of time to study. :DOh and please, no txt speak.
If you read the book one day a week to improve yourself and trained the other 4 delegating the schedule to your assistant who had similar attributes I doubt it would affect things too much. There cud also b an option were the board ask you to quit the course for a while delaying the finish date of the course if your tram started struggling

If you read the book one day a week to improve yourself and trained the other 4 delegating the schedule to your assistant who had similar attributes I doubt it would affect things too much. There cud also b an option were the board ask you to quit the course for a while delaying the finish date of the course if your tram started struggling

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306914-What-s-that-A-new-Wishlist-Thread-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-FM-versions.

No , not joking. Not sure the relevance of how long you've been playing to the problem i described though , I've been playing since 1982 and not seen it before either.

Thanks for explaining the offside rule for me though , But as an FA level 3 coach i'm quite familiar with the current ruling thanks.

Its simply a bug thats happened a couple of times in my current save , the next time i spot it i will grab a SS and post it to the relevant thread

We need PKMs in the ME forum. Details are in the headers there.

Also, one other thing - please SI, do away with that stupid "X have shown interest in me, I want to go" thing that players do.

This has happened to me twice now, and again it makes zero sense.

In the summer, Inter were supposedly "interested" in Borini. No bid came in, but he came to me and said he wanted to go there, I told him I'd sell him if they made a bid. They didn't. Player remained unhappy.

What the hell?

Now it's gone one further with Coutinho.

It's November and god knows how, but somehow Coutinho figures Juventus are in for him and he wants to leave. They are not in fact interested in him at all, as far as I can tell. I told him it's irrelevant at this point, he got mad and now my entire squad has gone down to Fairly Poor morale and I have a camp of players in my dressing room who are now all out hating me.

Great, now my season might get ruined because one of my players decided he wants to join a club that isn't even interested in him and has managed to cause irreparable damage to the dressing room. Brilliant.

This is after I managed to handle the related team meeting quite well with only 2 players still unhappy. Everyone else's morale still got shot to **** though.

I get player power is a thing, but this is ridiculous and looking at the news headlines in my game it's happening to the AI in a number of clubs as well, like Chelsea.

You either implement it right or not at all. This is insane.

Have seen little feedback on the transfer system in the beta? How is compared to Fm 14 etc. Improvement? more realistic?

Just finished my first season and I think it's brilliant so far. Played as Arsenal and finished 3rd, Man City finished 4th and have already splashed the cash on Muinain and Mountinho (who they managed to get for less than his release clause) in an attempt to catch up. So yeah, so far so good :)

Player valuation seem much more level headed in this one.

Have seen little feedback on the transfer system in the beta? How is compared to Fm 14 etc. Improvement? more realistic?

Working well in Brazil Div 2, certainly doesn't seem unrealistic in the amount of activity or prices asked and given.

Thanks for the reply , I've already explained .

Also , thanks for editing by deletion , not sure why you did that on feedback ?

I'm sure you'll treat Kriss reply to my original posting with the same critique..........

I'm not sure what you're on about. If you've found a bug, please report it in the ME bugs forum with a PKM. That's how the bug will get fixed.

I am managing Chelsea. Diego Costa's morale has been very poor for an entire season because I sold Lucas Piazon (????!!!!) whom he considered a talented youngster (though how he would know and why he would care at this stage in his Chelsea career is beyond me - seems a bit improbable). The annoying thing is, I am unable to do anything about this, as I'm not able to speak to him - for the entire season when I right click on him in the squad display the 'speak about' option doesn't appear, so for the entire season Diego Costa has been so annoyed at the sale of a minor youth player that his morale has been very low and I have been completely unable to do anything about it. All I can say is, it's a good job Loic Remy has been knocking them in! Please sort this, it's spoiling the game.

The only other moan I have is that the game seems much less responsive than before. Slower. My PC is quite powerful and I'm only playing one league and a medium database.

When selecting the team on match day, it would be useful to have a means by which I can tell which players are eligible before pressing play and waiting to see if an annoying message appears and I would like to have a way of seeing the roles assigned to players on the matchday tactics screen - I can't seem to be able to configure this option.

I find out there is a little bug, but i don't know if this affect gameplay.

I had a career before where i started with National A Licence.

Now i started with continental Pro, and when i loaded another save, my atributtes from new career become old ones.

There are lot of differences in this careers, except personal data about manager.

2B1D600D507F37C315927E70AF9DC22D89589450

I see these two pointless press conference answers are still in the game, namely the last two listed here.

Seriously, of all the responses that could be offered how many times are these two going to be relevant? Yet every time I sign a player they pop up.

If anyone ever uses the "Necessary for the deal to go through" response I'd be amazed. What does it even mean?!

I find out there is a little bug, but i don't know if this affect gameplay.

I had a career before where i started with National A Licence.

Now i started with continental Pro, and when i loaded another save, my atributtes from new career become old ones.

There are lot of differences in this careers, except personal data about manager.

Happened to me as well; attributes of all the managers you created after your first one seem to be getting replaced with those of the original one.

I wonder if deleting older profiles before creating a new one would help, haven't tried that yet.

Archived