Sports Interactive Community
Lucas

Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

My biggest gripe about 14 was finishing. It was so flawed and I produced endless evidence of why I felt this way.

So far it seems like 15 is actually worse in that department. I'm Barcelona and I'm seeing Messi miss loads of one on ones. Not the goalkeeper saving them, I'm talking about him missing the target completely. I'm also seeing far too many long range shooting from players who have better passing options and shots from impossible angles that are going in because of how flawed the goalkeeping is.

The game seems much improved in other areas, but the quality of finishing is still really poor and I'll be very disappointed and frustrated if that's not even slightly improved come next Friday

Unbelievable. Everyone is talking about the crazy score lines 7-5, 3-6 and so on and you are talking about bad finishing. No wonder that si fails to improve the ME if people are serious complaining about poor finishing when the actual problem is the exact opposite.

Finishing is perfectly fine.

While offering Paco Alcacer a new contract, I screwed up and put a 120.000€ release fee on him.

That alone is weird enough and shoult not be allowed, but, hey, my bad. What is REALLY weird is that several top tier teams have made me offers for him of 25-27.000€.

So, yeah, one of the best young strikers in the game, with a value of 12.000.000€, is available for 120.000€, and everybody is interested but nobody pays for it...

Unbelievable. Everyone is talking about the crazy score lines 7-5, 3-6 and so on and you are talking about bad finishing. No wonder that si fails to improve the ME if people are serious complaining about poor finishing when the actual problem is the exact opposite.

Finishing is perfectly fine. Look at real life. Even world class players are missing most of the chances.

No, it's not.

I have Falcao, Rooney, van Persie, Di Maria regularly missing the clear cut/one on one chances. Hitting the post, the bar, completely missing the goal, orkeeper saving it.

On the other hand I don't have problems with long range shots (they shoot rarely in my save game, only 3 shots scored from outside area in half a season, and conceded none) or too many goals scored from free kicks (scored two in half a season, conceded none), like most users do.

There are a bit too much own goals (especially from goalies) - (my opponents scored 6 own goals (one from goalie) in half a season, I conceded 3 own goals - 2 from a goalie) and I think there should be more penalties. In half a season, I had two (scored both) and didn't concede any penalties.

Back on clear cut/one on ones, I think that the game generates too much of those, so it has to balance it out by players not taking those chances.

And as for that high scoring games, I'm avering between 3-4 goals per match and cocneding 0 or 1, so that's still high scoring, but goals in at least 90% of cases don't come through one on ones/clear cut chances. So as I said, I think the game is creating too much of CCC's and with goals from other actions (crosses, def mistakes, shots...) it would be too much to score from CCC's as well.

Today Mourinho has been criticising his fringe players after their display in the league cup last night, in FM they would all be throwing a tantrum.

How do you know some of them aren't? I doubt you'd be the first person they call this morning :D

I have set up with no qualifications and Sunday league rep for a journeyman career.When I go to ask my board to gain my first badge in coaching they reject it string they have not enough funds.Therefore cannot see how in LLM that u will ever get badges if the clubs are not well off financially.Could there not be an option in the response to pay for the coaching yourself out your wages as IRL this is what would happen especially if your ambitious

Argh! FM15, won 6 from 6 in the EPL with Liverpool. Then save game crashes!

Reload it up and then I find out I have to play games 4-6 in the EPL again, only to lose league games 4 and 5 against clubs that are near the bottom of the premiership table. I decided to not play FM15 until entire game release occurs on Friday week.

Back to FM14 for 9 days.

No, it's not.

I have Falcao, Rooney, van Persie, Di Maria regularly missing the clear cut/one on one chances. Hitting the post, the bar, completely missing the goal, orkeeper saving it.

On the other hand I don't have problems with long range shots (they shoot rarely in my save game, only 3 shots scored from outside area in half a season, and conceded none) or too many goals scored from free kicks (scored two in half a season, conceded none), like most users do.

There are a bit too much own goals (especially from goalies) - (my opponents scored 6 own goals (one from goalie) in half a season, I conceded 3 own goals - 2 from a goalie) and I think there should be more penalties. In half a season, I had two (scored both) and didn't concede any penalties.

Back on clear cut/one on ones, I think that the game generates too much of those, so it has to balance it out by players not taking those chances.

And as for that high scoring games, I'm avering between 3-4 goals per match and cocneding 0 or 1, so that's still high scoring, but goals in at least 90% of cases don't come through one on ones/clear cut chances. So as I said, I think the game is creating too much of CCC's and with goals from other actions (crosses, def mistakes, shots...) it would be too much to score from CCC's as well.

Gotta say this is pretty much accurate. Overall the Match Engine produces a lot of chances, but Clear Cut Chances seem to be wasted a lot, while Chances from Set plays and long range shots are a bit to powerful. I also don't get the impression that the Finishing stat helps in any way with the Clear cut chances. Players Like Mitrovic and Suarez on Anderlecht waste chances in the same way that my 17 year old winger with a really low finishing stat.

I had the same experience with fm 14, where Robert Ogleby (who played for wrexham in the skrill premier) with a whopping finishing of 8, was just about as accurate with his clear cut chances, as Albert Cerri after a few years of nursing and a finishing of 17

Had Coloccini come to me because he was "unsettled". Gave him a leave of abscence then 13 of my players kicked up a stink because he was "treated unfairly". Also had a draw in one of my friendly matches, but came up saying I lost.

Not sure if this has been raised yet but I played a league cup semi final last night, the first leg finished 1-1 and the second leg finished 2-2 after 90 minutes - so I thought I should have gone out on away goals. Anyway the game went to extra time, and finished 3-3 (so 4-4 on aggregate) after it - at which point I went out on away goals! Pretty sure this isn't true to the league cup rules?

As an aside, I also had 2 players sent off in extra time and picked up 2 serious injuries after using all of my subs, but I guess that's just the game!

I have set up with no qualifications and Sunday league rep for a journeyman career.When I go to ask my board to gain my first badge in coaching they reject it string they have not enough funds.Therefore cannot see how in LLM that u will ever get badges if the clubs are not well off financially.Could there not be an option in the response to pay for the coaching yourself out your wages as IRL this is what would happen especially if your ambitious

Wait until there is money, then they won't let you go because you're needed on the training pitch. ;)

Not sure if this has been raised yet but I played a league cup semi final last night, the first leg finished 1-1 and the second leg finished 2-2 after 90 minutes - so I thought I should have gone out on away goals. Anyway the game went to extra time, and finished 3-3 (so 4-4 on aggregate) after it - at which point I went out on away goals! Pretty sure this isn't true to the league cup rules?

http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/

13.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game an extra half-hour shall be played. If the aggregate scores are still level at the end of extra time the tie shall be decided by goals scored away from home counting twice. If the teams remain equal after this procedure the tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

Gotta say this is pretty much accurate. Overall the Match Engine produces a lot of chances, but Clear Cut Chances seem to be wasted a lot, while Chances from Set plays and long range shots are a bit to powerful. I also don't get the impression that the Finishing stat helps in any way with the Clear cut chances. Players Like Mitrovic and Suarez on Anderlecht waste chances in the same way that my 17 year old winger with a really low finishing stat.

I had the same experience with fm 14, where Robert Ogleby (who played for wrexham in the skrill premier) with a whopping finishing of 8, was just about as accurate with his clear cut chances, as Albert Cerri after a few years of nursing and a finishing of 17

As for the corners, I'm yet to score or concede a goal from them in half a season. Same goes for indirect free kicks.

Sounds spot on to me. http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/32

Really? I concede a lot from corners with my anderlecht save, I also made some goals from corners (they seem to be fine though), and a loooot from indirect free kicks. I don't have a legendary free kick taker in my squad, Defour and Tielemanns (13/14 free kick taking respectively), but it seems like I score from indirect free kicks every second game. I do have a bunch of people with pretty good aerial ability though (mitrovic especially)

How do you know some of them aren't? I doubt you'd be the first person they call this morning :D

Don't be daft

1. Stories about what happens in dressing rooms do get out; David Beckhams boot a prime example. A good example as it happens, did the rest of the dressing room get unhappy, did they all lose confidence, tell the manager they wanted to leave.

2. I keep up with football stories so I would know about stuff in the press

3. Most players in the game are playing in the lower leagues and so are not high paid prima donnas.

4. Anybody that’s worked in an team environment knows that people grumble about the boss but usually their team mates are too busy getting on with their own jobs to be leading rebellions in support of another member whose been pulled up for lack of effort. What FM appears to be doing is mirroring newspaper hyped stories as opposed to what actually happens in the dressing room.

Really? I concede a lot from corners with my anderlecht save, I also made some goals from corners (they seem to be fine though), and a loooot from indirect free kicks. I don't have a legendary free kick taker in my squad, Defour and Tielemanns (13/14 free kick taking respectively), but it seems like I score from indirect free kicks every second game. I do have a bunch of people with pretty good aerial ability though (mitrovic especially)

Aye, I've left everything on Default when it comes to set pieces.

Today Mourinho has been criticising his fringe players after their display in the league cup last night, in FM they would all be throwing a tantrum. Some players of course are a bit prone to getting on their high horses but most are pretty professional.

Except I regularly tell my players they're useless following games they should have won, and I don't get the "throwing a tantrum" moments.

Don't be daft

1. Stories about what happens in dressing rooms do get out; David Beckhams boot a prime example. A good example as it happens, did the rest of the dressing room get unhappy, did they all lose confidence, tell the manager they wanted to leave.

2. I keep up with football stories so I would know about stuff in the press

3. Most players in the game are playing in the lower leagues and so are not high paid prima donnas.

4. Anybody that’s worked in an team environment knows that people grumble about the boss but usually their team mates are too busy getting on with their own jobs to be leading rebellions in support of another member whose been pulled up for lack of effort. What FM appears to be doing is mirroring newspaper hyped stories as opposed to what actually happens in the dressing room.

Alright Henry Winter, we all bow to your superior knowledge. Stories like that do get out, yes, but probably many, many more don't. I would be absolutely amazed if none of the players Mourinho criticised weren't a bit miffed with what he said. Some might even raise their concerns with him/coaching staff. That's exactly what's happening in FM.

Don't be daft

That happened over 10 years ago and you think that is a good example?

:D

While offering Paco Alcacer a new contract, I screwed up and put a 120.000€ release fee on him.

That alone is weird enough and shoult not be allowed, but, hey, my bad. What is REALLY weird is that several top tier teams have made me offers for him of 25-27.000€.

So, yeah, one of the best young strikers in the game, with a value of 12.000.000€, is available for 120.000€, and everybody is interested but nobody pays for it...

I hope you bug report this as it may have an influence on other parts of the transfer system (or other parts of the transfer system is influenced by similar bugs).

Try reading what I actually say before commenting.

There is a problem with finishing. It's too easy to score from long range, from narrow angles and from a cross. I rarely see goals scored from one on ones.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I just clicked on the view incident button when a journalist asked me about the 'horror-tackle' that led to a red card for one of my players.

FM then loads the highlights and then shows the ref pulling out the red, but the tackle itself is not shown. In other words, the highlight starts too late.

That happened over 10 years ago and you think that is a good example?

:D

Obviously players like the rest of society have changed radically in the last 10 years, maybe you don’t remember the stuff that went on with G. Best in the early 70s and how his team mates felt about his lack of commitment to the team. 2 years, 5, 10, 40, people are much the same and players even high paid ones are no different, all personality types come to the party. Of course I’m not saying this should not be part of FM but it is being over exaggerated.

Aye, I've left everything on Default when it comes to set pieces.

Me too and I have to disagree with you, the ratios seem spot on to me.

Except I regularly tell my players they're useless following games they should have won, and I don't get the "throwing a tantrum" moments.

Alright Henry Winter, we all bow to your superior knowledge. Stories like that do get out, yes, but probably many, many more don't. I would be absolutely amazed if none of the players Mourinho criticised weren't a bit miffed with what he said. Some might even raise their concerns with him/coaching staff. That's exactly what's happening in FM.

Of course they may well have been miffed, we all get miffed with other team members at work and frequently the boss but the vast bulk of us don’t get out of our prams at the slightest provocation.

Me too and I have to disagree with you, the ratios seem spot on to me.

You can disagree with me all you want, but I'm yet to score or concede from indirect free kick and corner. I scored 2 from direct free kick and conceded none.

I think I will actually start scoring when I actually set up set pieces the way I want, when I start my long term save game.

I've not read all 28 pages to see if it's come up before, but when I look at a country's 'Main Squad', i.e. the national team, there are no players shown. I have looked at a couple (Scotland being one), and all I get is a blank screen. I can see five names under the 'Top players' bit of the initial country screen, but nothing on the main squad page.

Hope that makes sense...

I've not read all 28 pages to see if it's come up before, but when I look at a country's 'Main Squad', i.e. the national team, there are no players shown. I have looked at a couple (Scotland being one), and all I get is a blank screen. I can see five names under the 'Top players' bit of the initial country screen, but nothing on the main squad page.

Hope that makes sense...

They'll populate once international fixtures are scheduled, i.e. they haven't picked their squads yet.

You can disagree with me all you want, but I'm yet to score or concede from indirect free kick and corner. I scored 2 from direct free kick and conceded none.

I think I will actually start scoring when I actually set up set pieces the way I want, when I start my long term save game.

I must have picked a team to manage who can produce the goods better than yours then ;) my observations are after 3 seasons so it's a decent sample size.

Of course they may well have been miffed, we all get miffed with other team members at work and frequently the boss but the vast bulk of us don’t get out of our prams at the slightest provocation.

Professional footballers (and managers) do seem to though, and I doubt it would make the press if Joe at Tesco reacted badly to a bollocking.

I must have picked a team to manage who can produce the goods better than yours then ;) my observations are after 3 seasons so it's a decent sample size.

My obervations are in the EPL where a corner used to be half a goal. Your technically gifted Brazlians must be scoring directly from corners!

My obervations are in the EPL where a corner used to be half a goal. Your technically gifted Brazlians must be scoring directly from corners!

Nah, they all hit something or someone before they go in :D

Did SI acknowledge the issue of clicking on a player to see a profile takes too long? Also if you hoover on the little "i" dot next to a player it takes really long to show his attributes? And in general the game is less responsive than it should be..everything takes slightly long to do..click continue and it loads the next day but you still have to wait a couple of seconds for the button to stop showing "processing..." when the screen is already loaded. Hopefully the game will be optimized for the 7th.

Overall I'm very impressed by how smoothly the game is playing at this early stage. Even the commenters here haven't found a single issue - a "corner bug" (very slightly too many goal from corners) or the like to coalesce complaints around. I do hope the developers bear in mind that it is playing well and don't over-compensate in patching so we go from slightly too many goals to far too few.

Obviously it's not perfect (and nor will it ever be). The thing I noticed last night was goalkeepers making a save but being unable to hold the ball (fine) but being too slow to react and a forward trotting twelve yards to tap in a loose ball which was sitting at the keeper's feet.

I also think the allocation of coach responsibilities is a big improvement: instead of just hiring a coach for each area and forget about it the player does have to think about coaching workloads. But I think a little tweaking is needed: playing as wealthy Tottenham I can just about juggle my coaches so they aren't over-worked suggesting it would be too hard at a less well-resourced club.

But overall very impressed.

Yes, taking too long to open player's profile is under review.

Professional footballers (and managers) do seem to though, and I doubt it would make the press if Joe at Tesco reacted badly to a bollocking.

I do know what you mean but you do have to wonder a) how much of that is just skewed by the media rather than players really going through massive mood swings and b) does it happen has often in the lower leagues where players are not really that much better paid than the rest of us and there is not the media attention to play up to.

I appear to have hit the injury buffer 6 first team members out in two games, obviously these things happen in football so the situation in FM needs monitoring over several seasons. every so often is one thing but if it occurs every season then that is something else.

I do know what you mean but you do have to wonder a) how much of that is just skewed by the media rather than players really going through massive mood swings and b) does it happen has often in the lower leagues where players are not really that much better paid than the rest of us and there is not the media attention to play up to.

Agreed, the media are desperate for stories and will blow up anything for the sake of one.

Does happen lower down, I know of several instances when Poyet first arrived at Brighton (league one) but of course you're right in general and FM doesn't differentiate enough.

Did SI acknowledge the issue of clicking on a player to see a profile takes too long? Also if you hoover on the little "i" dot next to a player it takes really long to show his attributes? And in general the game is less responsive than it should be..everything takes slightly long to do..click continue and it loads the next day but you still have to wait a couple of seconds for the button to stop showing "processing..." when the screen is already loaded. Hopefully the game will be optimized for the 7th.

Yes these are known issues.

I can't understand this: I'm currently 14th with Liverpool after 10 matches in my second season. Admittedly I won the FA cup in the first season, but finished 6th in the league, and yet the board and fans seem happy with the situation. IRL I would be under a ton of pressure after such poor performances.

the high goal scoring issue does not seem to be fixed my arsenal games so far are 4-2 v city (CS) 6-1 west ham 6-1 dnipro 2-0 stoke 7-5 dnipro giroud 5 goals in 2 and welbeck 8 goals in 3. Goalkeepers keep pushing shots right back in the feet of opposing players, its happened in almost every games resulting in me scoring few from that and conceding a couple like that too

I played 32 PL games, and I didn't notice the high scoring issue at all..strange

As an aside, I also had 2 players sent off in extra time and picked up 2 serious injuries after using all of my subs, but I guess that's just the game!

Away goals rule applies only after extra time in the League Cup. A t least it was the case a few years ago.

I played 32 PL games, and I didn't notice the high scoring issue at all..strange

It's more noticeable at lower levels to be honest (that's not to say it doesn't happen at all at higher levels).

Guest El Payaso

I wouldn't say so. I'm playing with Real Oviedo currently and have Diego Cervero up front most of the time. In real life I would expect him to be clinical and finish most of the few chances he gets. In my game he gets maybe 4-5 decent or good chances in a game and he only finishes the easiest ones. He gets lots of headers from maybe 5-10 meters and I've never seen him finish those chances. It would be much more fun and realistic if he got less chances per game and would finish those that he gets.

Amount of goalscoring chances is quite off at the moment and they just appear randomly for me. I spend like 1-2 minutes to set up my tactics for the season and I'm getting 20-30 shots per game and most of them inside the penalty area even though my tactic is quite 'defensive' 4-4-1-1. It really isn't rewarding to see situations where you attack with two players against 5-6 defensive players and it results as a goalscoring chance.

Well I did beat Espanyol away in Copa del Rey but was really annoyed to play against them as there was always an attacking player free inside my penalty area even though I had man advantage there. Also the set pieces they had... Always a perfect delivery and even though they never scored from those they won every single header and like I said the crosses delivered were absolutely perfect time after time. And IRL Chelsea have struggled to get a decent ball in from corners for years...

It's more noticeable at lower levels to be honest (that's not to say it doesn't happen at all at higher levels).

Did you improve the defending and GK meanwhile? Only 1 week or so until full release, i wonder if we will get another ME update to test until then.

dont count your chickens yet ..the next 6 games could be 6-7 games lol

Hi can i just ask when the next patch will be out

Sorry we don't pre-announce any updates.