Sports Interactive Community
Lucas

Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

3 or 4 is quite normal.

I respect your opinion but i don't agree. Since the beginning of the championship (Italian Serie a with Sampdoria) i haven't had a single week without injuries, and they're not suffering the flu for 1 week, they're always out for at least 3 weeks or more. This doesn't reflect reality IMHO.

I respect your opinion but i don't agree. Since the beginning of the championship (Italian Serie a with Sampdoria) i haven't had a single week without injuries, and they're not suffering the flu for 1 week, they're always out for at least 3 weeks or more. This doesn't reflect reality IMHO.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Just a question for those playing the beta as I'm very curious - is it more common for a 7.0+ match rating without a goal/assist? Or are the ratings still very heavily weighted towards contributing directly to a goal?

That's one thing that has always annoyed me. While my 3rd highest rated player is my DR with no goals... I'd think one of my best players is my box-to-box MC who led the division in distance covered, and was very near the top in interceptions which is pretty fantastic for a midfielder. He had a pretty good rating but wasn't nearly as good as the ones who could score a goal here and there.

I never post here anymore but I have to acknowledge the number of goals in this game.

1st season - 145 goals in my league games during the campaign

22 games into my 2nd season and there's been 108 goals already in my games. I can go 2 goals up/down and still know the game is just starting.

I'm going to try out a 2-4-4 formation just to see what it does

4-2-3-1 narrow has been pretty deadly for me, too many goals to seriously consider starting my long term save tbh, but hopefully the fix won't be too long.

Without looking through all the posts. I've been playing as Hull City in Premier League, only got to November but so far I've personally noticed that;

* Goalkeepers are very poor, make a lot of stupid mistakes, even at high levels

* Defenders score a lot of own goals

* I've seen so far at least 5 goals against me where my defender clears off the line, say from a corner, and it slams against an opposition player and goes straight in

* Hell of a lot of injuries, 6 in 7 games, including 3 in 1 game

* Due to the goalkeepers (I'd imagine) games are very high scoring. 4 games from 7 with over 5 goals

* Had a couple of times where in my tactics screen the roles are there but not appearing, so you can click them but you wouldn't know if you didn't hover over

Loving the new layout though, only thing I think could improve, which probably won't change is the tactics screen, when picking subs its a pain in the ass.

How long is 'normal' for it to take to get the knowledge of a player up in terms of scouting? Scouting a player for 2 months and the % of knowledge of the player hasn't moved...

interesting to see negative feedback is deleted....I know they say keep it constructive but once again more infuriating things going on in the game, different release same problems. Far too many last minute winners for the AI, my keeper just ran 30 yards outside his box to collect a ball 10 yards away from my full back now out of his goal pinged the ball straight ot their full back who shot from the half way line to win 4-3 this time in the 92nd minute.

I am pretty disappointed the more I play of this game tbh if you're wondering about spending your money I'd wait and see what the updates are like because this is poorer than FM14 at the minute and that's saying something!

Sigh. This is a feedback thread, hence why constructive criticism helps. Personally I think this is the best FM I've ever played, the technique I've seen for some of the goals is amazing and the motion capture investment has really paid off. Obviously there are goalkeeping and defending issues to sort out but they'll likely be fixed pretty sharpish. Overall the ME is pretty spectacular, especially for a beta. I've conceded very few last minute goals but have scored a few myself, likely, as usual, it's probably you're tactics.

I don't see how you can overlook all the other features just because you've run into a few goalkeeping and defending bugs. It's in a far better state than last year, I could barely play last years game until the final patch. This year though things are looking a hell of a lot better!

4-2-3-1 narrow has been pretty deadly for me, too many goals to seriously consider starting my long term save tbh, but hopefully the fix won't be too long.

Which 4231?

MCs and AMCs? DMs and AMCs? Narrow or wide?

I ask because the club that dominated my league played with 2 DMs and AML AMC AMR... I figured the middle of the park would always be wide open with them.

How long is 'normal' for it to take to get the knowledge of a player up in terms of scouting? Scouting a player for 2 months and the % of knowledge of the player hasn't moved...

Actually had a player with 56% knowledge and now a month later he is back down to 40% is this normal or a bug?

I never post here anymore but I have to acknowledge the number of goals in this game.

1st season - 145 goals in my league games during the campaign

22 games into my 2nd season and there's been 108 goals already in my games. I can go 2 goals up/down and still know the game is just starting.

I'm going to try out a 2-4-4 formation just to see what it does

Let us know how that goes... :eek:

Let us know how that goes... :eek:

I can tell you now. Not well. :D

So I have this bug where a player says he wants to leave if X side bids for him - I do the option "I don't want to lose you, what will it take to keep you here if a bid materialise?" to which he responds "I want to feel like integral part of your side. If you can convince me I am a key player I'll be happy to stay"

I do the option "I definitely consider you to be a key player here, expect contract talks immediately to reflect your status here" and the conversation ends. Immediately after I get a mail saying my squad is unhappy with how I handled the talks with the player and I when I try to offer him a new contract, he isn't interested in entering contact negotiations.

Football Manager 2015 Pre Release is out NOW!

Please keep all FM15 Pre Release Beta feedback here and keep it constructive.

If you're not sure where a screen is, rather than posting in this thread, read this one - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/400274-The-Official-How-Do-I-Find-What-Does-this-mean-Thread

These are just some, but not all of the known issues with the FM15 Pre Release BETA:

Stability

There are some issues with Mac OS 10.6.8

We still need to do some further optimisation on the Match and User Interface

User Interface

- This still needs to be polished in places

Match

- Poor goalkeeping, particularly at lower levels - sometimes leading to unusually high scores

- Too many poor back-passes leading to goals

- There are too many goals from direct free-kicks

- There are too many own goals, or incorrectly-awarded own goals

- Players occasionally control the ball with their head in unrealistic situations

- Some animations will require further polish – particularly with regards to 'skating'

- Some skin tones currently appear lighter than intended due to a lighting issue

- The touchline team talk options need some tweaking

AI

- Balancing is ongoing to the AI managers' transfers and squad building

- Balancing is ongoing to managerial appointments

- Balancing is ongoing to user job interviews and job offers

- Some players become unhappy too quickly (and some are too easy to talk around)

- There are some graphical issues on the conversation history screen

- Users can currently make only one board request per day

- There is missing information on transfer window round-up news in some situations

- AI managers occasionally give contradictory opinions about penalty decisions to the press

FAQ Link: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/sections/200673772

If you have any issues, please report them on our Bugs Forum:

Bugs Forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/417-Football-Manager-2015-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum

too many goals from back passes isnt the issue, 70-80% of crosses are instant goals im winning 6-1 then losing 5-0

I can't be 100% certain of this, but I'm almost sure that the 3d camera is changing, even though it stays on "Elevated".

Anyone else seen this??

Which 4231?

MCs and AMCs? DMs and AMCs? Narrow or wide?

I ask because the club that dominated my league played with 2 DMs and AML AMC AMR... I figured the middle of the park would always be wide open with them.

MCs and AMCs, I agree the line in picture form looks dangerously thin in the middle but in practice you actually have 5 midfielders, the narrowness appears to flummox a lot of wider formations. :D

theres a lot of goalkeepers scoring own goals, not sure if its just my keeper or the game in general? my keepers scored 4/5 this season alone.

I can tell you now. Not well. :D

Not as bad as you'd expect, few more goals but I'm somehow still dominating possession. I also made it a 1 man defence. DC, WBL, WBR, DMC, MC, AMR, AML, AMC, SC, SC

2-2, 5-9, 5-2, 4-6, 5-4

2 of those games were away to the current champions as well(1 in the cup)

Ok, just consider the lower pace of the Italian Championship and the related injury rate has to be lower than this. Since now in the italian championship Sampdoria hasn't suffered any serious injury until october, i've beginned the season with 4 players out for a minimum of 3 weeks to a max of 6 months in the first week of pre-season. This is always my opinion but my understanding is that there might be something with injury rate that needs attention.

Ok, just consider the lower pace of the Italian Championship and the related injury rate has to be lower than this. Since now in the italian championship Sampdoria hasn't suffered any serious injury until october, i've beginned the season with 4 players out for a minimum of 3 weeks to a max of 6 months in the first week of pre-season. This is always my opinion but my understanding is that there might be something with injury rate that needs attention.

Seems fine to me:

http://www.fantasyseriea.com/en/player-injuries-and-suspensions

Just noticed you can view a tier's structure.

Easy way to get a quick overview over how many teams gets promoted and relegated.

Also very easy to get to access to a tier's rules as well.

In my personal opinion, i'd love it if all tiers could be there, and not just the tiers that

affects the division i'm in.

Recently took over a Swedish 2nd division team and i can see the 2nd division and 1st division.

Would be nice if i could see Superettan and Allsvenskan as well.

Not complaining though. I love it.

Is anyone finding it hard to sell players other than your first team players?

I offered out all my back up players for free, and only 1 out of 9 players received an offer.

I offered out all my back up players for free, and only 1 out of 9 players received an offer.

I managed to get £3.5M for Abou Diaby who had just six months of his contract left. Laughing all the way to the bank :lol:

First season is always going to be the hardest to sell players, I'm now in my third season and most of my youth and some reserves are out on loan.

Selling back up players is still not easy but the younger they are the more often they seem to sell.

My biggest gripe about 14 was finishing. It was so flawed and I produced endless evidence of why I felt this way.

So far it seems like 15 is actually worse in that department. I'm Barcelona and I'm seeing Messi miss loads of one on ones. Not the goalkeeper saving them, I'm talking about him missing the target completely. I'm also seeing far too many long range shooting from players who have better passing options and shots from impossible angles that are going in because of how flawed the goalkeeping is.

The game seems much improved in other areas, but the quality of finishing is still really poor and I'll be very disappointed and frustrated if that's not even slightly improved come next Friday

Do you think we could possibly see a hotfix released with perhaps the optimising they were working on? Or even some sort of tuning to keepers

Noticing quite a lot of goals from tight angles on my save. Also, as stated in the OP "to fix" list, I am starting to see keepers coming out for a ball which is roughly 10 yards away and they seem to run in treacle and the striker 9 times out of 10 gets there first. Once fixed i think the ME is onto a winner.

Can't tutor anyone because it just offers an 'exit' button when attempting to talk to players for tutoring. O_O

Worked it out, it only 'blocks' the tutoring for the first option. The other two it proceeds to the conversation screen as it should be.

Unsure if this has been mentioned but when looking through the worldwide youth intake via the global transfers tab, when you go onto a player to scout him and then press backspace to take you back to the list of players it doesn't load properly and you have to reload the page.

My biggest gripe about 14 was finishing. It was so flawed and I produced endless evidence of why I felt this way.

So far it seems like 15 is actually worse in that department. I'm Barcelona and I'm seeing Messi miss loads of one on ones. Not the goalkeeper saving them, I'm talking about him missing the target completely. I'm also seeing far too many long range shooting from players who have better passing options and shots from impossible angles that are going in because of how flawed the goalkeeping is.

The game seems much improved in other areas, but the quality of finishing is still really poor and I'll be very disappointed and frustrated if that's not even slightly improved come next Friday

I agree the finishing in 14 really put me off the game as well.

Granted only played 14 for 1 week after release then took a large break from the game, but I know that even my brother used to miss way too many CCCs from time to time when I'd watch his teams play.

I do think it'll be fixed come release though.

Actually had a player with 56% knowledge and now a month later he is back down to 40% is this normal or a bug?

This isn't a bug, you will lose knowledge over a period of time. You'll have to re-scout him to keep up to date tabs on him.

How are you guys finding role/duty recommendations this time around? I found them totally nonsensical in FM14. Practically every wide defender had CWB as "best role" even if they were awful going forward. Inordinate quantities of AFs, DLPs, and B2Bs as well. You couldn't trust the recommendations at all.

Elenev and others mentioned a couple points I have noticed after playing further

1 having the estimate transfer fee and wage demands in a fixed place vs part of pros and cons would be much better since it would be easier to find and am not sure how price could be categorized as pro vs con anyway (unless the price is 0)

2 The new stars and circles on the tactics page do not allow one to readily gauge position or role suitability (I prefer the way it was done in FM14) so have no real purpose in their current incarnation (maybe clear color distinctions would help)

3 scout filters for PA/CA are now only words vs words and stars - another change that makes it harder to quickly interpret, ie is good 3 or 3.5 stars who can bother to remember. Since this is how your squad is rated (stars not words) let's have the stars on the scout filter too!

This isn't a bug, you will lose knowledge over a period of time. You'll have to re-scout him to keep up to date tabs on him.

Good to hear that this has been implemented into the game! :thup:

Good to hear that this has been implemented into the game! :thup:

Yeah, I like that as well.

When the final patch release ?

Final patch? Usually March. The next update is likely to be on or around release day (7th November), they may or may not release other updates at any time but we would never know about that until it happened.

This could just be one of them anecdotal things, but..

Has anyone else noticed how often defenders successfully make last ditch tackles as the last man?

I've seen quite a lot of them without ever once seeing one given as a foul.

A week or so ago when Bayern won 7-1 against Roma, they gave Roma 5-6 CCC and on another night if the Romans performed better it would've been a close game or even a defeat for the Bavarians. Pep said after the game said he let the squad know he wasn't happy with their overall performance, in FM they'd be in revolt and requesting transfers(maybe an exaggeration but you get my point). I think FM has got it wrong in this regard, the manager is questioning the team and urging them to be better, not slating a player who just scored a hattrick. This should never warrant a negative reaction when you are a top club in Europe or top in your league and just beat the underdog 3-1 or 4-1. In the world of football, unless you are a small club you will never be happy with wins, you need performances from all three segments Defense, Midfield and Attack. Because you always strive to be better, Bayern got away with it against Roma, but against Real they would've conceded 7 or 8. In RL the only time a player is unhappy with a manager is when they are left out of the team, not given enough game time, or unfairly singled out in the press, and that too when there is a lack of harmony in the dressing room. Yes player power is at it's worst when a player wants to move to a bigger club that want him, but even then when the club stand their ground, like Southampton did with Schneiderlin they come around when the team are performing well.

In FM I'm scared to say anything negative when the winning margin is more than one, no matter how bad the defense was or chances they wasted, because I know at least two or three players will be demotivated and confused or even angry. This needs to be addressed and negative reactions need to be limited to extreme circumstances. Even Mario Balotelli doesn't get angry with the manager when he gives him stick for poor performances, he lacks the desire but players don't dare get angry with the manager. Show me one player who criticized the managers team talks in the press? There's not one at a top European club, not even at the mid table or small clubs. They question tactics but never dare question the managers team talks. They may write books about it when they retire but show me one time it's come out in the press when the team are doing well and the dressing room is harmonious.

Has anyone else noticed how often defenders successfully make last ditch tackles as the last man?

I don't have FM open at the moment, but now that you mention it I haven't seen it yet, a player getting a red card for bringing down a player that's broken through. Not in my own games anyway.

Were penalties addressed between 14.3 and fm15?

Ive just seen the 11th penalty awarded of the season (AI and user) converted playing as San Marino. 10 with the club side and 1 international. This was a problem in the 14.3 ME and the trend seems to have continued.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Fixed. I've seen penalties MISS! (imagine that!). Not saved, not hitting the woodwork, but blazed over the bar.

I have seen this happening, to the opposition thankfully: last man defender getting a red card. Though IRL his manager and pundits would discuss whether he really was the last man, and so on...

So on my first save i wanted to play with WBR WBL ( wingbacks ) on low divsion's its really hard to get people on those positions so i got 4( 2 for each) before the season even started ( average training rest after and before match) i got em all injuried , so i was like okey fine lets start another save with no WBL WBR tactic. ( was really inspired to play that one i must say )

http://i.imgur.com/SJ66SW9.jpg http://i.imgur.com/dsjGp0U.jpg 6 games in.. injuries left and right and not even for low amount of time 4 of those are 5 months + its really sad, i just got injuries on 2 people on AMR position in the same match this is madness, before the season i hired extra fitness and physio .

its sad it really is way to many injuries in all of my saves pre/in season, much much higher and thats only my main squad, under 18 is the same if not worse 7 injuries atm there.

it would be fine if those are 1-2 weeks injures or what not, but they are all 3+months its stupid it really is.

I have more staff then i use to have on old fm, and they dont get injuried because of low condition or what not.

Just look at this

http://i.imgur.com/JP6aWfr.jpg

how do i play now without AML its so stupid both injuried on the same match, for 4 months + cmon this is a joke.

TLDR: to many injuries in every save i start, with avarge training and good conditions players + good physio and fitness coaches

A week or so ago when Bayern won 7-1 against Roma, they gave Roma 5-6 CCC and on another night if the Romans performed better it would've been a close game or even a defeat for the Bavarians. Pep said after the game said he let the squad know he wasn't happy with their overall performance, in FM they'd be in revolt and requesting transfers(maybe an exaggeration but you get my point). I think FM has got it wrong in this regard, the manager is questioning the team and urging them to be better, not slating a player who just scored a hattrick. This should never warrant a negative reaction when you are a top club in Europe or top in your league and just beat the underdog 3-1 or 4-1. In the world of football, unless you are a small club you will never be happy with wins, you need performances from all three segments Defense, Midfield and Attack. Because you always strive to be better, Bayern got away with it against Roma, but against Real they would've conceded 7 or 8. In RL the only time a player is unhappy with a manager is when they are left out of the team, not given enough game time, or unfairly singled out in the press, and that too when there is a lack of harmony in the dressing room. Yes player power is at it's worst when a player wants to move to a bigger club that want him, but even then when the club stand their ground, like Southampton did with Schneiderlin they come around when the team are performing well.

In FM I'm scared to say anything negative when the winning margin is more than one, no matter how bad the defense was or chances they wasted, because I know at least two or three players will be demotivated and confused or even angry. This needs to be addressed and negative reactions need to be limited to extreme circumstances. Even Mario Balotelli doesn't get angry with the manager when he gives him stick for poor performances, he lacks the desire but players don't dare get angry with the manager. Show me one player who criticized the managers team talks in the press? There's not one at a top European club, not even at the mid table or small clubs. They question tactics but never dare question the managers team talks. They may write books about it when they retire but show me one time it's come out in the press when the team are doing well and the dressing room is harmonious.

Today Mourinho has been criticising his fringe players after their display in the league cup last night, in FM they would all be throwing a tantrum. Some players of course are a bit prone to getting on their high horses but most are pretty professional.