Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

+1 to this, more difficult to run with a skeleton squad as players now also complain about the lack of competition for places. Much more realistic - but expect lots of people to hate it, as it will make success with a smaller club much more difficult.

Yeah i hate it already even though i don't have the beta

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has been going on mildly for a few years, I was hoping that the team talks mid match would fix it but... I'm not sure it has.

East Fife- Scottish League 2

We're down 3-2 in the 89th. Overload attacking, pushing everything forward, all my shouts saying to get the ball forward and fast... I yell to the team everyone push ahead or whatever it is...

Corner kick for us, they clear. About 20 seconds left in ET. My RB has the ball all alone at mid. Stands there... Stands there... Passes back to my GK. GK stands there... Stands there... Passes back to the RB... FT.

Guess that 20 seconds they figured wasn't enough time to lob one more chance in with all of our players standing in the box still...

There may be a more obvious reason for this. Sometimes the players will be reluctant to pass if they believe other players are in offside positions, so they stall and wait, although visually that may not necessarily be obvious. It's more likely to happen if you have tons of players forward though, so it's probably an area where we could do with some further refinement and just make the player sling it forward regardless. But obviously you run the risk then of just having that moment being called offside too.

It's worth having a look to see if you can spot this. If you feel there is a problem, do provide some examples of it happening over in the bugs forum and someone can review it further from there.

I've already raised a couple comments on the bugs forum (Arsenal's away/third kit issue and the home team at Wembley having the whole stadium decked out in their name) but I thought I'd give some more general feedback

In general, really enjoying the game. A few things, that, unless I'm very wrong, aren't bugs....

* The cut away at the end of cup finals and important matches is still disappointingly quick. Let us enjoy the moment for a few more seconds before switching to the post-match team talk.

* The colours used all over the UI are far too bright. It makes the game feel a bit tacky frankly.

* However, in some places, there are grey text boxes and grey text on a grey background, which is even worse and will cause serious eye strain. SI need to offer a classic skin or at least some colour options when the full game comes out so that those of us with restricted sight can actually read what's on screen.

* How big are the stewards? About twice the size of the players I reckon.

* The crowd movement is excellent but a little over-animated at certain times. Like 60 minutes into a 0-0. It's a shame these can't be fine-tuned to reflex the amount of excitement (or lack of it) in the match.

* The Opposition instructions would be easier if the column on the left-hand side had player names AND positions. At the moment you have sit and work out which position you're "showing on to weaker foot" etc.

* Too many full back shots ending in the comment "They certainly didn't mean that". FB long-range shots may need tweaking back a bit.

Overall, 8.5 out of 10. But at the moment it's just too uncomfortable on the eye.

I have logged just under 10 hours in the game, and so far so good. There is only one thing that sticks out to me as of right now:

In the Tactics screen I like to see the key attributes for a position/role highlighted when I select a player. Currently when you select a player a separate tab opens showing you the "suitability" of that player for the position/role. But I am unable to see his attributes and much less see the key attributes highlighted as in previous versions.

That is the only major thing that sticks out at this point.

I am finding some of the instructions being ignored from the 1st minute. Told my players to keep hold of possession and play it short whilst keeping a low tempo. From the kick-off the ball gets passed back to my defender who then immediately launches it straight forward under no pressure whatsoever. Has happened a few times now.

edit: just to add. This only happens in the 1st minute. From then on - they follow the correct commands.

I have no issues with the new UI/skin now, I took some time to learn it before actually getting into a game.

Which i did for 2014 as i didn't play 2013 at all.. 2014 was very hard to get into at first due to the UI but i used the tutorial system which helped me.

People who complain about the new look need to take some time to actually learn it, which is obvious

I am finding some of the instructions being ignored from the 1st minute. Told my players to keep hold of possession and play it short whilst keeping a low tempo. From the kick-off the ball gets passed back to my defender who then immediately launches it straight forward under no pressure whatsoever. Has happened a few times now.

edit: just to add. This only happens in the 1st minute. From then on - they follow the correct commands.

If you have multiple examples, can you please upload a few of the .pkm's to the Bugs Forum in the match engine section? Be sure to include the timings of the incidents as well.

I have logged just under 10 hours in the game, and so far so good. There is only one thing that sticks out to me as of right now:

In the Tactics screen I like to see the key attributes for a position/role highlighted when I select a player. Currently when you select a player a separate tab opens showing you the "suitability" of that player for the position/role. But I am unable to see his attributes and much less see the key attributes highlighted as in previous versions.

That is the only major thing that sticks out at this point.

Any word if a fix is being planned for this?

There will be one when the full game is released.

Not necessarily, there's no schedule of updates they're released as and when but of course given previous practise a consolidated update is likely by the time release arrives.

Two weird Troy Deeney events in my save:

- Signed for Udinese on a free transfer 31/7 2014

- Top scorer in Serie A in his first year at Udinese

I know Udinese and Watford have their thang going on, but is this supposed to happen?

Usually any transfers between the Pozzo clubs are free transfers, however so far that has only involved players not near the first team of their club or players who would have been loaned out anyway.

The game can't simulate the unique way the Pozzo clubs are set up and operate, so effectively Udinese is the parent club and can take players from Watford and Granada on a free in game.

IRL if Watford weren't in the EPL next season Deeney would have been sold to a club that was, there would be no reason for Udinese to take him on because his value would be higher at a British EPL club. Moving to Udinese could, potentially, lower Deeney's transfer value.

Any word if a fix is being planned for this?

Sorry but we don't "get word of fixes" they are released as and when they're ready and tested and as they're prioritised there is no absolute guarantee that any particular item will be resolved.

• SI Staff
Two weird Troy Deeney events in my save:

- Signed for Udinese on a free transfer 31/7 2014

- Top scorer in Serie A in his first year at Udinese

I know Udinese and Watford have their thang going on, but is this supposed to happen?

Thanks for the feedback. This has been spotted internally and will be sorted for release :thup:

So almost through a first season on the beta and am really enjoying it, one of my smoothest transitions from one year to the next, I have only experienced a few issues (having to loan out my entire U21 squad to get off of Heavy Training, fans feeling football isn't exciting enough despite scoring 39 goals and conceding 9 in 10 games), and have already had one disagreement with the other half about how much time I'm spending on the game.

Although one thing has disappointed me and has so for some time, and thats the 'reward' for winning competitions. Having won the Premiership with Man Utd in early march, havign being predicted 3rd, you get the same bog standard message we've been getting for I don't know how long (must be at least half a decade) saying we were always capable o doing so and that they're happy we won it.

I'm no games developer but if it's possible to create catchy headlines for matches (Aston-Villainous etc) surely a bit more creativity could be shown with these messages? Winning the league, whether you're favourites or not, should be something to celebrate not just to casually say 'well done' now focus on the next match. I just feel a lot more variety and reference to your actual season could be made in those messages and help us get lost further into the game world as it seems the only time you get a truly elated message is when you win with someone tipped much much lower. Once you've built a successful team every win is always 'expected.

But overall am really enjoying this years version and am sure there is a lot more I've yet to experience.

Not necessarily, there's no schedule of updates they're released as and when but of course given previous practise a consolidated update is likely by the time release arrives.

I cant continue my save from 9th july 2015 until new patch so i bet there will one.

I think its the training module isn't balanced.

Even if I set everything to 'light', so light individual training, light team training, rest before/after and 'average' coach times quite a few players are unhappy with the 'heavy workload'. On the individual assessment they all have 'very heavy' or 'heavy' workloads.

Too much weighting in one particular direction.

Also, it seems to favour having a small squad. Behemoth squads like Manchester United won't get enough coaches in to reduce the attention to 'light', even on average players bemoan the lack of coach attention. Short of releasing everyone, I'm not sure there is much left I can do to reduce the workloads. Either I sacrifice their development plans, or I kill off training full stop.

For the record; the overall training assessment is only 'medium' on the main training page, it's just the individual ones which bemoan the heavy workloads. I'm still in pre-season though, I do expect to reduce overall team training to very light as per usual eventually, but the complaints is far too high at the moment.

I'm playing as Manchester United right now. No injuries - finally gotten to the injury free point in December. Everyone is back and fit. Picking up a few niggly little injuries in matches (as you do), but nothing serious. Training is nicely balanced for all but the least professional members of the squad (and they will whine regardless... and be transferred out ASAP).

It's fairly easy to balance out the training if you have enough U21 coaches and use two weaker coaches on the 4 technical outfield areas, plus 3 coaches for each area other than fitness and goalkeeping (1 per area there should suffice - it does for me). I have 16 main coaches (including myself and the assistant manager) and 3 U21 coaches.

Admittedly I still think that is too many, but it is a very big squad.

I think it has already been posted, but thought I'd post it as well.

I can get a squad depth report from just about all my coaches (I do think scouts should be able to do this as well since my head scout would be better at this than my assistant manager)

qUZprHE.png

But I can only get an individual coach report from my assistant manager:

jCT5FTM.png

I can get a training report from other coaches as well. Just not this screen.

One of the most frustrating things for me, and it was the same on last years game is;

When trailing by a goal with 15-20 mins to go I tend to change to 'Overload' in order to try and nick a goal. But almost always when I do this, nothing happens. There are no shots from either team and the game just peters out into nothingness and ends in a defeat for me. In reality, if my team were trailing and I told them to just go for it then there would be chances created, that's a given. It's very frustrating.

One of the most frustrating things for me, and it was the same on last years game is;

When trailing by a goal with 15-20 mins to go I tend to change to 'Overload' in order to try and nick a goal. But almost always when I do this, nothing happens. There are no shots from either team and the game just peters out into nothingness and ends in a defeat for me. In reality, if my team were trailing and I told them to just go for it then there would be chances created, that's a given. It's very frustrating.

What highlights level do you watch?

You're probably not watching a detailed enough highlights option.

Your team definetly does change how it plays if you select overload, but the chances they create might not make it too the highlights package. It only chooses the best ones.

Really? I tend to find that if I do that, they may as well call it "tell your team to let at least one goal in".

Except it's not a given at all. If the other team stick 10 men behind the ball and you go "Overload", then the play compresses into a tiny area of pitch around the edge of their penalty area and inside it. Maybe 30 yards total space. If you're also playing a narrow formation, then there's no width either; even if there is width, they're likely to be defending narrow in order to soak up pressure.

You might get crosses in, but with so many bodies in the box, it's actually easier for the defence to prevent goalscoring opportunities. (An explanation of this below.)

You'd probably be much better served fashioning a specific tactic to use in this situation instead of changing your overall mentality and crossing your fingers.

On bodies in the box: corners are a good example of this. Most games have at least 4 or 5 corners. But how many corners actually result in goals? Worse, how many games have goals from corners?

In my current game, there have been, in total, 288 matches played. How many goals from corners? Just 23. If we assume a very conservative figure of 3 corners per match, that's an estimated 864 corners total.

23 goals from approximately 864 corners demonstrates perfectly how difficult it is to score when there are 10+ players in the penalty area.

Incidentally, this isn't some weird FM artifact, either - if you're interested, check out The Numbers Game: Why Everything You Know About Football is Wrong. It has a great section on corners. It also has some fantastic advice for substitutions and when to make them, amongst other things, that hold up quite well in FM, so a great read all around!

The only problem I have with the new Tactics UI is when creating the starting 11 + subs itself.. it takes a much longer time which is inefficient

1. I can't sort the position column from GK to ST.. that would make it a whole lot easier for selecting the starting 11 and subs.

fJXkLP.png

This what happens when I try and sort the Position Column ...

Sv1kF5.png

2. The Box is not sorted probably.. why is it randomised? it should sort it from the players that are in the starting 11 + Subs to the players that are not playing

DupWlV.png

just a little note that I am starting to love the tactic UI and it has lots of potential, I am still finding new little things that helps the user choose the best tactic possible, it is actually an improvement from last year, it just takes the longest to get used to in terms of the new UI/Skin of FM 15 (I am still getting used to the tactic UI)

Don't know if anyone else has this problem:

Note how I've instructed Olivier Giroud to play 60 minutes for the reserves by right clicking on his name in the squad screen and then selecting that option.

Squad_Players_Players.png

Full Size image: http://s22.postimg.org/eyiitploh/Squad_Players_Players.png

Yet when I go to his player profile page and look at the same menu, the option doesn't appear to be ticked:

Olivier_Giroud_Overview_Attributes.png

Full Size image: http://s23.postimg.org/705q8y9or/Olivier_Giroud_Overview_Attributes.png

This is sort part question, part idea because I don't know if this happens already but I personally haven't seen it:

Does anyone else think that these news articles would be a better place to point out what a manager has won instead/alongside of what a game a manager has lost. I mean I'd be much more concerned if I had a news article telling me Man City had just hired a manager who's won several Bundesliga titles and took his team to a Champions League final than someone who has lost to Hertha Berlin.

Apologies if this is already a thing, just had this message pop up right now and it made me think :p

adafsfs.png

Anyone know how sort out all these unhappy players and is it a known bug?

For 12 months I've had my whole squad unhappy even after addressing the issues and its not doing anything, getting annoying because performances are suffering because of it.

im 5 games into my first season in the game and my keepers already on 2 own goals from palming mishit crosses into his own net.

Is there any point in continuing to upload PKMs of this issue?

As it stands i think i'll be bowing out until the day 1 patch at this point anyhoo, pretty frustrating experience.

Just played 2 league matches with Man Utd.

1st horrendous goalkeeping incident - Won 4-2 away at Villa, watched my goalkeeper parry a shot, then stand still on the far post whilst the ball rolls toward the other post. After a short while a villa player walks up and taps it into an empty net

2nd - Lost 2-0 at home to Newcastle, exactly the same goalkeeping error. I can understand if he dives and is stranded whilst the striker reacts quickly, but the GK just stands still patiently waiting for someone to get the rebound then score.

Its so difficult to forgive that happening once, but twice in 2 games makes all hard work put into my tactics just pointless

Another interaction issue- I just had half my squad come to me about a broken promise I never broke. I promised a player that if a bid came in for him I wouldn't stand in his way. No bid came in so I didn't sell him but 9 players are unhappy that he has been kept against his wishes.

Hi,

I have the problem to start a game with proper date.

When I have a window to pick countries and I want choose start of date right country, I have start date from june 2013 not 2014.

And then in the game, I am basically starting from 2013 and I need wait in game one year to start normal game from 2014.

Just played 2 league matches with Man Utd.

1st horrendous goalkeeping incident - Won 4-2 away at Villa, watched my goalkeeper parry a shot, then stand still on the far post whilst the ball rolls toward the other post. After a short while a villa player walks up and taps it into an empty net

2nd - Lost 2-0 at home to Newcastle, exactly the same goalkeeping error. I can understand if he dives and is stranded whilst the striker reacts quickly, but the GK just stands still patiently waiting for someone to get the rebound then score.

Its so difficult to forgive that happening once, but twice in 2 games makes all hard work put into my tactics just pointless

3rd game in a row and another horrible error... cross comes in and keeper pushes it into his own net

What is going on here??

Like most of here, my feedback has leaned on the side of venting.

In reading through the comments however a good word has to be said for SI personnel and moderators who have (and continue) to endured the hourly onslaught.

In reading the comments and responses one thing is clear - their approach is respectful, professional, and focused on making this a better game.

Thank You All......................(but please change the tactic screen).....

Fake players at setup are not fake players - they are just renamed and it's really easy to tell who's who. Please make them really fake - all newgens please!

That's disappointing to read. I'd hoped there may be some development in that area.

Archived