Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Okay, so if I show up on match day and want to have a word with a player, apparently that isn't a plausible option?

C'mon don't be silly.

I'm the gaffer, I should be able to speak to whoever I want, when I want.

You telling me Mourinho or Van Gaal can't pick up the phone and ring any of their players for a word? Let alone on the team coach travelling to a match!

:lol::lol::lol:

No, what I'm saying is there are now matters that need more urgent attention. If a player wants to speak to the manager IRL he simply goes up to him on the training ground and speaks to him, much like in FM where if a player wants to speak to you, it comes up in your inbox. IRL a player wouldn't say 'I want to speak to the manager.' and the assistant reply; 'Oh sorry, he's not here at the moment.' 'Where is he?' 'Oh he isn't here this week, or next week, or the week after. You can speak to him on weekends though....'

Wouldn't happen :p We live in an age of football diva's and they'll expect the manager to respond straight away.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there an option to only click once and that days games are all played?

In Serie C there are maybe 5 different kick off times, you click it plays 1 match and then you click again it plays another match and you click again ......

The next day it is the same 5 games and 5 different kick off times, click load, click load, would be better if you only had to click once and have games on that day played.

that would be too easy, its more fun, when you must look at these players profiles and chose one

Really? ... how is that too easy?

It is relevant information, and why is it more fun to find the exact same information with an additional 15 clicks?

Unless you are feeling sarcastic and I am not just getting it ;)

I'm not going to ask you to, but I will explain why we often do.

If we help by uploading examples, and know it isn't a requirement, it saves time finding them in the first place. If we can save an hour, that's an extra hour for testing or it means we get the update an hour earlier. Multiply that for GK errors, defender hesitations, backpasses, poor finishing etc etc and we can save hours/days/weeks here which means it can get fixed quicker.

I still only mentioned the common issues. The rarer issues are much harder to find. You could play/test for days and not get an example. It's so useful if one of us just takes the 5 minutes to upload the example. It's no wonder the SI guys are always very appreciative if we do supply examples.

good point on pkms re saving time

I have uploaded several .pkm's as I was playing today where examples of poor defending, awful goalkeeping and strange own goals led to crazy scorelines. Hope it gets sorted ASAP and that SI keep updating the game in the days to come for us to test. As a whole it feels like FM15 has the potential to become a really great game!!

Was on the werge to get the sack and was asked to attent a meeting with the board, the decision from that was that I had to get 8 points from the next 5 games, after the first of those 5 games they called another meeting. Is tha how it is supposed to be?

Am I not allowed to vent my anger at how bad the tactics are?

No, but there's no point moaning about issues that are already well known and are being rectified. Also saying that some poor goalkeeping and defending AI 'sums up the game' is obviously a poor comment. Punch bags are for venting anger, not feedback threads.

Player exchanges seems to be a bug following on the newcastle board

From one user I offered dummett for ings and £1 mil and tey wanted £12 mil so i cancelled the offer then they bid £625k for dummet so i said i want that and ings and they accepted so surely it must be some kind of bug

And im in january aston villa just bid 1.5 million for steven taylor so I asked for okore as well and it got accepted unfortuneatly taylor coudnt agree personal terms

Is 5 red cards in 15 games normal? All double yellows. I try to put those players on soft tackling after their first yellow if I'm fast enough. Doesn't help though, players keep making ******** fouls. Using normal tackling. edit: never happens to opponents either.

edit2: same with hitting the post/bar

edit2.2: 3 offside goals in a game yep

• Administrators
I cannot submit a team because one of my players has a one match ban in the cup. The thing is I have removed the player from the team and replaced him. I've made certain he's not a sub either but the game will not allow me to submit a team for the match and keeps telling me that the player I have removed is banned so I cannot submit the team. This is bug that needs a priority fix.

Okay please raise this on our bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/427-All-Other-Issues

Would also be good if you uploaded the save game from this point and informed us which player you think is banned. You can upload to our FTP and let us know the file name, FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399623

Thanks.

Defending + Goalkeeping is embarrassing.

I've been playing FM and pre-ordering it for years, only to be disappointed every time until around Christmas time once the silly issues are all ironed out.

Frankly, I don't think I've had much of a significantly annoying issue with any of the versions of the past games/betas until now.

The defending to goalkeeper pass back issue has already been noted somewhere however that aside, defenders are useless in this beta.

To keep it simple, defenders are useless.

The amount of hoof balls where my center back jumps with a striker (particularly short strikers) then miss out on the ball only to have it go over their heads and leave the striker 1v1 is ridiculous.

It's also worth noting that this is happening as well when the center back has acres of room, nobody around him, jumps up and misses the header and fumbles on to the floor... to leave the striker chasing the ball down 1v1.

I can understand perhaps why it might happen once every 3-4 games in the lower leagues, but PREMIER LEAGUE center backs who can't jump and header a ball? Really?

I've also seen center backs miss simple interceptions of through balls, where they run to the ball, literally have it at their feet and just carry on running PAST the ball to leave the opposition striker 1v1 instead.

I don't wanna seem like someone who does nothing but complain, but 75%+ of the goals I've conceded so far in the beta have been as a result of defenders' inability to do anything... and the goalkeepers who are terrible (which has already been acknowledged along with the pass backs which I appreciate and hope is fixed upon release).

I know these mistakes happen in real life, but please not 3 times a game at Premier League level! No wonder the beta has such high scoring results... even though I find it's mainly the goals I concede vs. the CPU which occur as a result of the defending issues.

Regarding the keepers, what I've experienced is that they cannot hold on to the ball. They jump to catch crosses and 9/10 they will drop the ball. Or they will dive to try and save a simple shot, yet instead of holding on to it they parry it right in to the path of an opposing striker. I don't expect this to occur every game at Premier League/Championship level.

Also, I still feel the percentage of clear cut chances missed between Human & CPU is unfair. I know we can sit and blame the striker etc etc, heard it all before, but c'mon... how many 1v1s do Premier League footballers really fluff? Sure, fluffing needs to be in there, but if my striker has FOUR 1v1 opportunities in one game, I expect him to score at least 50% of them. In a rare case, of course they could all be Fernando Torres and there's nothing wrong with it happening in the odd game here and there. But the things I've mentioned occur every single game to the point where it's not even fun to play anymore because you don't feel you're losing (or at least what you're witnessing) is fair, rather you're losing because your defenders have the brain & evident physical attributes of a 2 year old.

Found this gif on the FM reddit which sums up one of the defending issues I explained almost perfectly.

https://gfycat.com/UnrulyDownrightKitfox

And this:

It reminds me of the OP through balls in FIFA and pace abuse of strikers (some guy was bagging goals like crazy with Devarn Green from Blackburn who is the fastest professional footballer lol).

I also dislike how I can't speak to a player whenever I want to like FM14. It's frustrating for us who holiday during matches yet don't want to play FMC to come to the match with half our squad being unhappy.

Also found that players despite being 100% fluid/accomplished with a tactic ignore the instructions. I actually found "Go Route One" produces shorter passing football than "Pass Shorter"...

With a slow tempo and pass shorter, my players always ignore the 7 simple short passing options they have and just hoof it to the opposition defence lol.

These are also a good read regarding the problems other people seem to be experiencing:

http://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/2k9j06/those_who_have_played_the_15_beta_what_is_your/

http://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/2k7bms/opinions_on_match_engine_so_far/

have to agree here re the long balls/hoofs/seemingly aimless punt/hoof which turns into chance creating through ball. In essence punts/hoofs are happening despite instructions and is a big issue with current iteration of the match engine...that said if this gets tidied up and less punts from keepers and defenders and follow the shorter passing this game could be really really good soon enough with further improvements/enhancements to simulation of high level technical and mental attributes as well with pass selection and decision making as well. Everyone hopes it can be done for release.

would still like to see more quality central chances created rather than see goals/chances being scored created from wider areas...again fair to say there is more than last year happening so some progress for sure but still sometimes its like the central portion of top third is a magnetic field acting as a repellent to good play lol

• Administrators
Just had a penalty shootout with highlights on Key, it showed every movement of every player and took an absolute age.

Please raise it on our match engine bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

• Administrators
here is what I mean:

I am not sure if this is an England specific problem, but since not all leagues have First team, under 21, and under 18 squads it may be. If it's not please point me in the best place to post this. I had this issue last year as well. It's in regards to training. Since the first team and the under 21's share the same training I often have this happen:

Note the happiness:

KhEPFYt.png

All the players that are happy are the under 18's, the unhappy are all under 21's and the content is the first team/a few others. All the unhappy players are unhappy due to the high work load. But since they are in the under 21 squad I can't lower their workload as they aren't even on individual training.

Here's the screen:

Hs6DQ7L.png

And here is the under 21 team training screen:

5eQLdMa.png

They have their own match preparation training, but not general training. The general training is linked to the first team.

My first team training at the moment:

UCImzbg.png

So while my training won't be that high all season, since I'm still in preseason. Even when on last year I had it set to average and allow more rests when adding individual training to the under 21 players they again become unhappy with being worked too hard.

I had trouble with it last year and it's the same again this year. Under 21's should not be trained the same as the senior team. In real life they don't train together. Yes every now and again players do join in for training with the senior team. But it would be much better if the under 21 squad was linked with the under 18 squad for training.

Under 18's have their own training:

9HeoZMQ.png

I'd suggest raising all this in our bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/427-All-Other-Issues

Thanks.

No, but there's no point moaning about issues that are already well known and are being rectified. Also saying that some poor goalkeeping and defending AI 'sums up the game' is obviously a poor comment. Punch bags are for venting anger, not feedback threads.

What do you mean no. You're not a mod so don't tell me what to do

I'd suggest raising all this in our bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/427-All-Other-Issues

Thanks.

It has been raised there now. I'm not sure it's actually a bug though. In FM13 it was First team, reserve team, under 18 team. FM14 renamed it to under 21 (it may have been 2012 and then 13, not too sure). And the first team and reserve team shared training. That kind of made sense.

But now it is an under 21 team I do think separate training needs to be added for them. So not sure it's a bug, but training just needs to be added for under 21's that is away from the first team.

Player got injured committing a foul, opposition gain a penalty. Sub the injured player as demanded by the game and the match engine goes five minutes ahead with a 'missed' penalty not even showing up on the highlights. Amusing.

I did have a dodgy goal yesterday, from a corner. It suddenly cut to my player celebrating but didn't actually show the goal until the replay popped up. I'd have reported it but it was 4am and I may have just temporarily fallen asleep for a few seconds ;) Definetly sounds like a bug you've experienced though.

I did have a dodgy goal yesterday, from a corner. It suddenly cut to my player celebrating but didn't actually show the goal until the replay popped up. I'd have reported it but it was 4am and I may have just temporarily fallen asleep for a few seconds ;) Definetly sounds like a bug you've experienced though.

You sleep at 0400? :eek: pussycat :p

Holidaying in Italy in order to get to the season reset and the insecure job text at the top is overlapping occasionally. The badges don't but the text sometimes has one club and another club in front of it.

Only seems to happen when coming back from autosaving and I am running windowed mode.

Guest El Payaso

It's quite 'funny' how the defending always seems to be the main issue in these games. Had to stop playing really really early in the spring with FM 2014 and can't enjoy this version either. I know, it's only a beta but still disappointed as I really had waited for this and after graduating I would really have time to play this but just can't. :( Attacking play, like said, too polished even at lower levels and still not seeing things like bad first touches etc. that would take something of from the 'too effective' attacking play. On the other hand defenders play softly and make silly things from year to year. I remember that FM 2013 had great defending at some point and it was so refreshing for FM players like me who enjoy the challenge. Many users kept moaning about strikers not scoring and me on the other had I had great time and my strikers scored as I kept tweaking, mostly with the sliders. Well, that's all for the ME from me.

- Sidebar is cool. Liked it before and like it now.

- Player search. Still think it is the biggest 'cheating tool' in the game and now even LLM managers are 'forced' to use it to find players. Luckily the scouting has been overhauled and it balances the things a lot on this aspect.

- Interface. Hard to find anything at first but it is good eventually and really nice to see new things. Simply makes the game a bit more interesting and not too common.

To suggest that the ME is fantastic would be stretching things somewhat but it’s not all bad, some of the play is really excellent. It’s just that sometimes it’s a bit of a case of viewing from between your fingers, because you know that some weird bit of play could happen at any time.

As has been said short passing is hopeless, even when you get a passage of play with some short passes you just know that a hoof over the top is coming. But I have seen something today that I don't remember seeing before in FM, a goal keeper rushing out with a diving stop from the feet of my striker but carrying the ball just out of the area, resulting in a free kick and a yellow card. The difference this year compared to last is that this ME looks like it may turn out to be the best ever that never looked likely last year.

To suggest that the ME is fantastic would be stretching things somewhat but it’s not all bad, some of the play is really excellent. It’s just that sometimes it’s a bit of a case of viewing from between your fingers, because you know that some weird bit of play could happen at any time.

As has been said short passing is hopeless, even when you get a passage of play with some short passes you just know that a hoof over the top is coming. But I have seen something today that I don't remember seeing before in FM, a goal keeper rushing out with a diving stop from the feet of my striker but carrying the ball just out of the area, resulting in a free kick and a yellow card. The difference this year compared to last is that this ME looks like it may turn out to be the best ever that never looked likely last year.

Pretty good summation I feel, except that the second para describes exactly how I WOULD expect it to be from a certain level down, it's the difference of quality between levels which isn't quite right yet imo.

Is there any way to stop the tactics and stats screens from overlaying the pitch during a match?

For some reason this causes a massive performance hit on my computer. It even makes it difficult to pause the game because of lag - and the space bar is rendered completely inoperable as a quick shortcut for pausing/unpausing at times (intermittently, it appears - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't).

Could this be due to playing in windowed mode?

Even though there's the possibility to choose the languages your manager speaks it doesn't really work for me. Sure it adds additional languages, but there's way too many default languages they speak. For example, I created a Danish manager with past history in international football and he speaks Danish, English, German, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish. That's quite unrealistic to me and since there's the option to choose the languages your manager speaks the game shouldn't add any additional languages to that. Let us choose what languages our manager speaks and don't add any additional languages to them!

Also by default a Finnish manager speaks both Finnish and Swedish while that's definitely not always the case. I'd like to create myself into the game but I don't speak Swedish myself and that makes it feel unrealistic already.

15 games in with newcastle im bottom of the league with 1 win i cant say its my tactics beacause in 95% of games i have more clear cut chances and 95% of games ive had more possesion, really running out of ideas ive been so unlucky in everygame i havnt actaully had a heavy defeat yet but im sacked if i dont get 10points in next 5 games.. its painful because i consider myself and alot of real life friends consider me an fm genious, what happened lol

ps ive looked back and out of the 14 loses in 13 of those losses i had more shots and more possesion than the opposition(more clear cut chances ), also have the highest pass success rate in the league :/

Minor issue but the search bar is a real damned pain in the butt if you type even remotely quickly. If I type faster than about 20wpm, it drops characters and, say, typing "Timo Werner" results in "Tm wrn". Presumably this is because it searches as you type. I'm playing on Linux, just in case that has anything to do with it.

Also the only place the UI really lags for me, although it's a little slow in places with GPU rendering off (but unfortunately having it on makes my GPU unaccountably "warm").

I've not played in the top division just in the conference, however I would expect my players to at least try to play the way I want them too but I wouldn’t expect it to look like Barcelona. Division wise all things are relative in football Defence and attack would be subject to the same technical limitations and you would expect a team trying to play a short passing game without the technical knowhow to find it tough against more physical teams.

Signing a player on trial immediately reveals that player's stats at the moment of signing (without any evaluation period). Seems like a cheap way to bypass the otherwise excellent scouting system. WAD? Or should/could that be changed?

Signing a player on trial immediately reveals that player's stats at the moment of signing (without any evaluation period). Seems like a cheap way to bypass the otherwise excellent scouting system. WAD? Or should/could that be changed?

I noticed this as well. Simply a cheap bypass, as you say.

Over my last 5 matches, including playing against Arsenal at home and Shakhtar away, I've averaged 29 shots on goal per game. I'm playing with Ajax, and despite the fact that it shows I'm a fantastic manager, I feel it is highly unrealistic...Also, it seems as if all goalkeepers have forgotten how to play football and let in ridiculously easy goals.

Next game after the lucky 2-1 victory I described above, I conceded 3 goals (and scored 4!). Their goals were:

1. A cross from the left wing (while closed down by two players) that went along the ground and rolled past the keeper at the near post.

2. A first-time hoof from the top of their D that saw their striker beat my defender in a 20-yard dash where it hit off the latter's heel. He stopped dead in confusion and their striker went on to score.

3. A first-time diagonal hoof from the centre circle that bounced behind my centre back while he continued to face their end, letting their right winger in to score.

One of my goals was a carbon copy of their third one.

SI, I don't envy you the work ahead.

i have scored and conceded many, many goals from set peices every time the oppostion has a freekick/corner or throw in they seem to score

That might be a key word, either they do or they don't?

We'd appreciate it if you could produce some actual figures over at least a season and provide some detail on your team and league, ta.

Next game after the lucky 2-1 victory I described above, I conceded 3 goals (and scored 4!). Their goals were:

1. A cross from the left wing (while closed down by two players) that went along the ground and rolled past the keeper at the near post.

2. A first-time hoof from the top of their D that saw their striker beat my defender in a 20-yard dash where it hit off the latter's heel. He stopped dead in confusion and their striker went on to score.

3. A first-time diagonal hoof from the centre circle that bounced behind my centre back while he continued to face their end, letting their right winger in to score.

One of my goals was a carbon copy of their third one.

SI, I don't envy you the work ahead.

I assume you're uploading .pkms of these incidents which irk you so?

I couldn't see a Bug Report from you in the ME Bugs Forum, but I know the search function isn't great.

Archived