Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

Ty for fast reply m8.

Iam just wondering if its a fancy feature or if we are supposed to see differences within the games.

Anyways, you guys make a great effort and job so keep it up! And lets hope the ME gets improved more via

instructions rather than preprogrammed moves:). I like the game so dont get me wrong. Your sleepless night are

of value to us players!:)

Regards

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ty for fast reply m8.

Iam just wondering if its a fancy feature or if we are supposed to see differences within the games.

Anyways, you guys make a great effort and job so keep it up! And lets hope the ME gets improved more via

instructions rather than preprogrammed moves:). I like the game so dont get me wrong. Your sleepless night are

of value to us players!:)

Regards

Just to clarify - there are no "pre-programmed moves". What you see happening is players following (or trying to follow) your instructions to the best of their ability (attributes).

anyone having troubles also when selling youthplayers with (low) 2.5 star potential? i always get the whole first team unhappy. It gets me sacked every time

Could you explain in more detail what happens, please?

Could you explain in more detail what happens, please?

yes,

In beginning of season, when i do checkup of squad, and i decide who can be of use in my current plans and future plans, i tend to select several players who can search new club. Put them on the unwanted list and let the DoF search for new club. then a2.5 star potential defender of 17 year gets sold, i get complaint from one of my first teamers. i react that the sold player isnt that good. It results in a whole squad unhappy.

Later on in the season i get the same problem with other "nobody's" that i sell (like the 23 y old midfielder who is still in the reserveteam). it results in getting the sack, allthough i was performing well, got everything better in finances.

Got a new team now, will see if it happens again.

i do think the players should react if you sell a real prospect or a real valuable member of the first squad. but not for bad players.

yes,

In beginning of season, when i do checkup of squad, and i decide who can be of use in my current plans and future plans, i tend to select several players who can search new club. Put them on the unwanted list and let the DoF search for new club. then a2.5 star potential defender of 17 year gets sold, i get complaint from one of my first teamers. i react that the sold player isnt that good. It results in a whole squad unhappy.

Later on in the season i get the same problem with other "nobody's" that i sell (like the 23 y old midfielder who is still in the reserveteam). it results in getting the sack, allthough i was performing well, got everything better in finances.

i do think the players should react if you sell a real prospect or a real valuable member of the first squad. but not for bad players.

Thanks for the explanation. It does sound odd. Work is ongoing in this area. If you encounter something like this again (or if you still have the old saves) please upload a save from just before you get that message about the first team player complaining.

Then please report your issue here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/422-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

The FTP server details of how to upload your save is in the forum header in the bugs forum.

The opposition instructions are so slow and clunky now it's unbelievable that this was thought to be a better system.

No multiple selections either, so you have to go through one at a time on drop-down menus that take seconds to load instead of being able to hold shift and do them all.

The opposition instructions are so slow and clunky now it's unbelievable that this was thought to be a better system.

No multiple selections either, so you have to go through one at a time on drop-down menus that take seconds to load instead of being able to hold shift and do them all.

THIS!!!! Cant scroll on options as well, i have to clik and then select by clicking. way too many click and lots of time!

Could be just me or the fact that I play with a rather bad team far down the sysem but it feels like player react way too slowly to situations. Seems to take forever for them to make a decision to chase a ball or pick it up for example the ball comes at a slow pace between two defenders, any of them have to take on step to the side and get the ball but instead an opponent comes jogging from three times the distance after the ball and picks it up and get a shot on goal. The defenders should had had time to actually decide who to go after the ball and do so within the time it takes for the opponent to pick it up, resulting in one on ones with the keeper that should never happen.

i've raised it here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/401608-15.0.2-FM-Opposition-Instructions

Could be just me or the fact that I play with a rather bad team far down the sysem but it feels like player react way too slowly to situations. Seems to take forever for them to make a decision to chase a ball or pick it up for example the ball comes at a slow pace between two defenders, any of them have to take on step to the side and get the ball but instead an opponent comes jogging from three times the distance after the ball and picks it up and get a shot on goal. The defenders should had had time to actually decide who to go after the ball and do so within the time it takes for the opponent to pick it up, resulting in one on ones with the keeper that should never happen.

Been noticing the same and thinking the same.

Playing in Norwegian 2nd division myself and sure, players can be a bit slow at times there but they are extremely slow to react

on FM.

Players seem like they are more likely to jump over a ball that is rolling between their legs than actually try to take the ball.

If the ball is passed between players it takes ages before any of them reacts to the fact they can actually take the ball.

They, from the stuff i've seen on that level, are more likely to be a bit overzealous with a lack of communication when wanting the ball.

And thus having 2 players go for the same ball rather than nobody going for it.

I've checked my staff responsibilities and I can't pick myself to "Bring youth players into the club and inform you of their development". Is there a way I can block the Head of Youth Development using up valuable wage budget?

I think your referring to finds and makes offers for youth player's, you can change that in responsibilities!

Hi guys, maybe someone could point me in right direction if this is not the place.

Just downloaded on steam , then when I hit the play button it goes to " completing installation... 1% ". Doesn't go past this then I get a message. Steam error. The steam servers are too busy to handle your request for football manager 2015. Error code (55).

I Am only after downloading the game from the servers so can't be that busy. Iv restarted steam a couple of times but get the same error. Been nearly 2 hours now.

roykela

I had a penalty shoot out and it was fine. Is your laptop/pc graphics good enough or something..

Bug forum it is then :D

It definitely should be.

Intel i7-3820 Quad Core 8 threads @ 3.60GHz

8GB 1600Mhz RAM

Nvidia Geforce 570GTX Ti 1GB

The ME is always a work in progress though and nobody will tell you it's perfect.

I've played a season and a half now, and I'm prepared to say it's in worse shape than it was this time last year. I'm staggered that this is what it looks like less than two weeks from release.

Almost everything else about the game is in good shape, bugs aside, but the ME is a shambles right now. I don't say that lightly.

I've played a season and a half now, and I'm prepared to say it's in worse shape than it was this time last year. I'm staggered that this is what it looks like less than two weeks from release.

Almost everything else about the game is in good shape, bugs aside, but the ME is a shambles right now. I don't say that lightly.

That's your opinion, which is fine, but stick to constructive feedback. Calling it a "shambles" isn't helping anyone.

yes,

Wow. I can't remember any manager ever being sack due to selling a player. By this logic the likes of Ancelotti, Koeman, Rogers should be thrown to the wolves this summer. And Wenger should be sacked like 10 times by now...

Hi guys, maybe someone could point me in right direction if this is not the place.

Just downloaded on steam , then when I hit the play button it goes to " completing installation... 1% ". Doesn't go past this then I get a message. Steam error. The steam servers are too busy to handle your request for football manager 2015. Error code (55).

I Am only after downloading the game from the servers so can't be that busy. Iv restarted steam a couple of times but get the same error. Been nearly 2 hours now.

I had that last night. I retried a few times and finally restarted steam. Seemed to do the trick. You're not having any luck it seems.

Someone else had similar problems: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/400989-error-code-55

See if that advice helps for you. If not, create your OWN thread, but please mention what you have tried to avoid getting the same advice again.

I had that last night. I retried a few times and finally restarted steam. Seemed to do the trick. You're not having any luck it seems.

Someone else had similar problems: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/400989-error-code-55

See if that advice helps for you. If not, create your OWN thread, but please mention what you have tried to avoid getting the same advice again.

Thanks, went through what he had tryed and had my laptop on battery saving, switched it to high performance and away it went

Thanks, went through what he had tryed and had my laptop on battery saving, switched it to high performance and away it went
Good to hear. :thup:

Now do me a favour and start playing the game so you can leave (hopefully positive) feedback here ;)

Defending + Goalkeeping is embarrassing.

I've been playing FM and pre-ordering it for years, only to be disappointed every time until around Christmas time once the silly issues are all ironed out.

Frankly, I don't think I've had much of a significantly annoying issue with any of the versions of the past games/betas until now.

The defending to goalkeeper pass back issue has already been noted somewhere however that aside, defenders are useless in this beta.

To keep it simple, defenders are useless.

The amount of hoof balls where my center back jumps with a striker (particularly short strikers) then miss out on the ball only to have it go over their heads and leave the striker 1v1 is ridiculous.

It's also worth noting that this is happening as well when the center back has acres of room, nobody around him, jumps up and misses the header and fumbles on to the floor... to leave the striker chasing the ball down 1v1.

I can understand perhaps why it might happen once every 3-4 games in the lower leagues, but PREMIER LEAGUE center backs who can't jump and header a ball? Really?

I've also seen center backs miss simple interceptions of through balls, where they run to the ball, literally have it at their feet and just carry on running PAST the ball to leave the opposition striker 1v1 instead.

I don't wanna seem like someone who does nothing but complain, but 75%+ of the goals I've conceded so far in the beta have been as a result of defenders' inability to do anything... and the goalkeepers who are terrible (which has already been acknowledged along with the pass backs which I appreciate and hope is fixed upon release).

I know these mistakes happen in real life, but please not 3 times a game at Premier League level! No wonder the beta has such high scoring results... even though I find it's mainly the goals I concede vs. the CPU which occur as a result of the defending issues.

Regarding the keepers, what I've experienced is that they cannot hold on to the ball. They jump to catch crosses and 9/10 they will drop the ball. Or they will dive to try and save a simple shot, yet instead of holding on to it they parry it right in to the path of an opposing striker. I don't expect this to occur every game at Premier League/Championship level.

Also, I still feel the percentage of clear cut chances missed between Human & CPU is unfair. I know we can sit and blame the striker etc etc, heard it all before, but c'mon... how many 1v1s do Premier League footballers really fluff? Sure, fluffing needs to be in there, but if my striker has FOUR 1v1 opportunities in one game, I expect him to score at least 50% of them. In a rare case, of course they could all be Fernando Torres and there's nothing wrong with it happening in the odd game here and there. But the things I've mentioned occur every single game to the point where it's not even fun to play anymore because you don't feel you're losing (or at least what you're witnessing) is fair, rather you're losing because your defenders have the brain & evident physical attributes of a 2 year old.

Found this gif on the FM reddit which sums up one of the defending issues I explained almost perfectly.

https://gfycat.com/UnrulyDownrightKitfox

And this:

It reminds me of the OP through balls in FIFA and pace abuse of strikers (some guy was bagging goals like crazy with Devarn Green from Blackburn who is the fastest professional footballer lol).

I also dislike how I can't speak to a player whenever I want to like FM14. It's frustrating for us who holiday during matches yet don't want to play FMC to come to the match with half our squad being unhappy.

Also found that players despite being 100% fluid/accomplished with a tactic ignore the instructions. I actually found "Go Route One" produces shorter passing football than "Pass Shorter"...

With a slow tempo and pass shorter, my players always ignore the 7 simple short passing options they have and just hoof it to the opposition defence lol.

These are also a good read regarding the problems other people seem to be experiencing:

http://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/2k9j06/those_who_have_played_the_15_beta_what_is_your/

http://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/2k7bms/opinions_on_match_engine_so_far/

Most of what you mention has been reported or are known issues and stated in the OP. I'm curious about something though:

I also dislike how I can't speak to a player whenever I want to like FM14. It's frustrating for us who holiday during matches yet don't want to play FMC to come to the match with half our squad being unhappy.

What do you want to talk to your player about, that you can't in FM15?

Most of what you mention has been reported or are known issues and stated in the OP. I'm curious about something though:

What do you want to talk to your player about, that you can't in FM15?

What I mean is I can't go to my players profile and just speak to him. Unless he comes to me first with an issue (which I miss due to holidaying).

I might be missing something or a button though so feel free to let me know, if you know yourself.

What I mean is I can't go to my players profile and just speak to him. Unless he comes to me first with an issue (which I miss due to holidaying).

I might be missing something or a button though so feel free to let me know, if you know yourself.

You're only holidaying during matches, so you shouldn't be missing these news items anyway?

Question.

In thr 3D match engine, can you tell the difference between a technically gifted player between a, well, regular one?

Say, playing Barcelona, would you tell it was Messi if his name didnt appear? Disregarding efficieny in passing and scoring of course.

The problem in fm14 was that thr only difference between a worldclass player and a skrill north player was the success rate of his actions.

You're only holidaying during matches, so you shouldn't be missing these news items anyway?

No. I holiday between matches.

So when I'm back, players tried talking to me about an issue they have but I wasn't physically present.

Therefore they become upset & now I'm back I want to be able to go and talk to them like in older versions of the game, to sort their issue out, make them un-happy, give them a morale boost.

However I can no longer find that option.

In thr 3D match engine, can you tell the difference between a technically gifted player between a, well, regular one?

Didn't you just answer your own question?

The problem in fm14 was that thr only difference between a worldclass player and a skrill north player was the success rate of his actions.

I have had a bit of a moan so far, but it's a beta and I'm trying to help out. But now I'm ignoring some of the issues I do have, the game is actually quite fun indeed. Hope the issues can be ironed out before launch as it has the potential to be fantastic.

No. I holiday between matches.

So when I'm back, players tried talking to me about an issue they have but I wasn't physically present.

Therefore they become upset & now I'm back I want to be able to go and talk to them like in older versions of the game, to sort their issue out, make them un-happy, give them a morale boost.

However I can no longer find that option.

Ah, I understand now. It was confusing because you said:

It's frustrating for us who holiday during matches yet don't want to play FMC to come to the match with half our squad being unhappy.

I'm not sure if anything can be done, but your feedback is here at least. :thup:

Ah, I understand now. It was confusing because you said:

I'm not sure if anything can be done, but your feedback is here at least. :thup:

Damn my bad xD I meant between haha.

Yeah, I didn't play FM14 (even though I bought it for my brother). I had a huge save in FM13 but stopped playing around a year ago and now that I do have time to play FM15 I've become somewhat overwhelmed with all the changes :p

I miss my old classic tactics with arrows :'(

But I can definitely tell that if the issues are ironed in the next 2 weeks prior to release, this could EASILY be the best FM yet.

Loving FM 15 so far. One little bug to report - Tap to click on the trackpad on my Macbook randomly doesn't works and then doesn't.

Thanks

Tom

Macbook 13 Retina 2013

OSX Yosemite.

I've also found this to be a problem. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't and I have to hammer away at my trackpad to get anywhere. Additionally, the left and right arrow keys don't work as they did in FM14. Hitting the arrow keys would allow me to scroll through the pages I'd been looking at as if they were tabs. This doesn't seem to be working properly, every so often it will work, but not consistently.

Is their a settings page where I could configure some of this stuff? i.e tick box to allow tap to click.

Thanks

MacBook Air 13

OSX Yosemite 10.10

Archived