Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really understand the new FFP Premier League rules that have been implemented this year.

30ikxgi.jpg

The projected expenditure doesn't make much sense as the next screenshot proves. Also whats the difference between the Allowed yearly expenditure and the Allowed yearly expenditure threshold? It's not explained very well in game.

729hr5.jpg

Fullsize: http://i62.tinypic.com/729hr5.jpg

I still don't get why creativity is changed to vision. It's kinda two different things in my book. Player may possess a great vision, but don't have a creative constitution of mind at the same time.

That would be the flair attribute.

The change makes sense to me. Creativity = Flair + Vision.

I still don't get why creativity is changed to vision. It's kinda two different things in my book. Player may possess a great vision, but don't have a creative constitution of mind at the same time.

And yeah, tactical screen in dreadful. Don't ask me why, it's just terrible uninformative mess. Why changing thing that worked great before?

If I remember right 'vision' has always been used in the code but SI used 'creativity' on the attribute screen, they simply changed it to make it easier, don't really see the problem, they can call it 'jelly' for all I care, as long as I know what it means in game then that is all that matters.

Early observations on this years beta as follows:

a) New tactics board is far too busy and does not present roles/duties in a meaningful way. Pity SI did not follow the " if it aint broken, don't fix it" approach, as last years layout was far superior with players roles/duties actually shown on the tactics board. This year you have to either right click on each player on tactic board to see what duty/role is set, or read the very small text on lhs. Please address this SI so that tactics board displays meaningful information again

b) Custom Screens usual nightmare sorting column widths and actually getting info you want - ongoing issue for years that never seems to make it on to the "fix" list

c) What has happened to Defensive Winger role? Seems to have disappeared from options?

d) A 4321 formation in options (3 CM, 2 wingers , 1 Central forward) would be appreciated

The stand out area for fixing asap is Tactics Board - make it simple and effective; like last years was.

I've a small problem. I've started a game with Willem II (Dutch Eredivisie) and I've a very annoying problem. I can't loan any players from other Dutch clubs, because the option for a loan bid/proposal has been disappeared, regardless their age, team, type of contract or anything else. Even if their transfer status is open for a loan deal. I'm only able to loan players from other leagues than the Dutch and the only way to acquire players of other Dutch teams is to buy them of give a contract at the end of their spell with their current club.

And yeah, tactical screen in dreadful. Don't ask me why, it's just terrible uninformative mess. Why changing thing that worked great before?

It was always Vision, Creativity wasn't the correct term.

On the other note, they really need to put Vision where Creativity was. I don't like how Teamwork and Work Rate are now sepparated. :(

ok

been playing game for 2 days now with Spurs as my side.

ive read some of the comments and i must agree with them:

-many injuries. YES i suffer from many weird injuries also - broken arms , wrists , legs and all that with avarage training setting and rest days before and after game. i consider my training schedudle to be decent since im football animator and im personally aspiring for FA licence. preseason fitness on avarage to high , tacticall in match training. then team cohesion + attacking play in match traning on avarage. nothing exceptional or with overwhelming workload. I ALSO rotate the squad almost in every game since i play in both cups, europa league and obviously PL. substituting my players when they got knock or their conditions drops below 75%. im also using rotations into youth squads if some1 lacks 1st team play. basically in my oppinion im doing all the stuff fine but still 5 injuries with broken stuff are demotivating..

-wooden goalkeepers. ok i understand that devs used motion capture but it mustve been oliver khan then. im using sweeper keeper setting with low tactical freedom and short distribution to wing backs. i also rotate my keepers for different competitions etc etc. but yet im getting the same effect that if the free ball is at 8-10 meter in front of my net my goalie is just standing still. he never rushes out to clear it allowing enemy strikers to get it and score without any problems. they are just effortless in clearing the dangerous balls without hestitating. same thing goes for covering crosses in the net area. even if they are superior in the air they almost never rush for the ball allowying headers and still standing still ( i would say its like 75% of the time ). ALSO they are not covering the short post when theres one on one like even 3rd division keepers do. 60-70% of goals conceeded are shot into near post from the angle. thats so unrealistic its very annoing.

-players sliding on the pitch. ok another stuff with motion capture. i get that players are moving with the ball slower BUT COME ON even with like 10-15 meters advantage my fast strikers ( ie. 19/19 speed and acceleration with very good technique aswell ) get cought up by slower defenders and by slower i mean mertezaker speed types ... thats very unrealistic aswell. also strikers tend to move pall to the sideline instead of cutting to the middle like they normally do in real life. i just dont get it.

overall i mean players movement in match engine MUST be changed/fixed or whatever it takes to feel at least decent fluidity. i bet more ppl got that feeling.

sry for my bad english, im not a native speaker.

also im up to provied screenshots or more information if needed.

overall im happy and game is decent and actualy im not suffering from "impossible away games" like it was in fm 2014 where watford could beat my allstar team 3-0 while playing them away with 3 shots on target compared to my 45 shots. so im at least happy with that :D

Some strange quirks so far. Drogba seems keen to move to the MLS because he wants to play in a "higher reputation league", Eden Hazard dismisses my criticism of the chances he creates by saying he's "not an attacking player" and it's not his "job to be creative".

Also the team selection is annoying, I can't just right click to put a player into the team I have to go through the drop down list, and moving position roles to the left hand column seems pointless and just clutters up the screen.

I have just set a new personal record though of earliest injury in a match though: Fabio Coentrao at 10 seconds. He picked up a minor knock so I took him off as a precaution. :p

Dammit Gibbs has got a knock now! Well I refuse to take him off too.... plus I have no other fullbacks on the bench! :p

So, SI wanted some "CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK" about the Tactics screen. Here's what I've got:

1. The hierarchical flow of menus is disconnected from what they affect.

The key menus on the Tactics screen ("Tactic", "Mentality", "Team Shape", and "Team Instructions") are correctly placed according to SI's new UI hierarchy (which works well on other screens), but in this case the thing they principally affect -- the tactics board -- is on the other side of the screen from them.

On just about all the other screens in the game, buttons in this region either produce a new screen or make visible changes to things on the current screen. The menus here are as vital as anything in the game, but they produce no obvious effect and are severed from the one visual element they affect.

Established players have to accept and adapt to this severance. New users have it worse: they have to learn that these menus don't behave like any others, and that they bear on things that aren't obvious. All of the information needed to learn and internalize this is found elsewhere.

The hierarchy itself doesn't even make perfect sense: "Player" at the very top is prior to the "Tactic" in the hierarchy, yet it is affected by the latter. The menus are thus counter-intuitive for choosing a tactic and then choosing an individual's role in that tactic. Clicking on a player on the tactics board produces individual instructions, but I only learned this through a tooltip because it's different to what clicking on a player or their name does everywhere else in the videogame.

2. Elements are disconnected in general.

First, I like the idea of Familiarity for the current tactic being clumped with the Match Training Focus in the top right, except that the Familiarity of the current tactic is on the opposite side of the screen from the element that tells us what the current tactic is.

Second, if the idea was to have a section that made the Tactics relevant to the next match, why is the Next Match box shoehorned into the bottom right of the screen, away from the thing you use to change your priorities for the next match?

Third, the Position/Role/Duty chart is on the other side of the screen from their representation on the tactics board. So not only do users have to do a cognitive leap to associate the icons with the words, but they have to look back and forth across the screen to do it. It took me quite a while to realize that the colours of the chart correspond to the colours on the board, because it's not an intuitive discovery given how far apart the elements are.

3. Some elements are needlessly cluttered.

The written names of positions and roles on the left are a mess. That may not sound constructive, but I think this box is clearly more bloated than almost anything else represented in the game, to the point of being difficult to read. It's a lot of information to pack into a small space, which is why these things were previously represented by abbreviations and acronyms. That was kind of impenetrable semantically, but so are many of the positions and roles when written out, especially to novices and especially given the game's lack of documentation.

Worse, shoehorning them in here monopolizes space. Look at how much dead space there is below for the substitutes and unpicked players.

4. Information is needlessly repeated.

The new icons for suitability are not particularly useful at a glance (not to mention putting one green-shaded thing within another green-shaded thing makes small distinctions harder to read, and a star shape is harder to read than a circle; try figuring out the difference between a player in a Natural position and another in an Accomplished position at a glance). To add insult to injury, they appear in two places: both on the tactics board and beside the players' names.

I assume the reason for this is to match up better with the position roles as written out to the left, but that's a very inelegant solution to that problem. It's basically acknowledging the disconnect between players and the depiction of their position and role on the tactics board. Speaking of which, the positions as written out on the left is sort of a needless repetition of information that could be folded into the board itself. See 5, below.

5. The tactics board tells you very little at a glance.

It used to tell you players' position, role, and suitability. Now it doesn't tell you the first two in any way that's intuitive or detailed, and it really only gives you the third usefully with a mouse highlight. That's a significant step backward. Instead that information has been pulled out and dumped on the left, where it's disconnected from what it describes (see 2, above) and cluttered to boot (see 3, above). That information used to be neatly folded into the tactics board, freeing space for other elements to breathe or relate to one another more appropriately. Instead the user encounters two things (in two different places) that are failing to usefully do the job of one thing.

Apologies if any of this is confusing or riddled with errors or needs further elaboration. I should add that by default there is a huge gulf of unused estate in the middle of the screen at high resolutions. And isn't 1080p sort of standard these days?

Fully agreed with this, what are the reasons behind these "improvements"?

The usability of the tactical screen has fallen below zero.

After playing the beta for one season, here is my first feedback :)

1.) I enjoyed FM 14 more than any other manager game out there. Unfortunately, FM 15 is unplayable for me until now due to this exhausting skin. White font on black background is sometimes impossible to read and too small (especially FM is a game which you play for hours, but with the current colors, it makes my eyes hurt). I really really really hope that a white skin will be implemented (not only as option, but as standard, because with the current weird color combinations I am sure that reviewers and users will be very dissatisfied -- or maybe it is just me, i do not know :) )

you know that white font on black background is better and less exhausting for your eyes than white background?

Regarding the skin.

It's good enough, but I think the colour of letters needs to be lighter in order for contrast to be gained between the skin and the letters. Like this it isn't easy to read e.g. inbox news items.

I would also like if text on top of the screen next to Squad, could be bigger. I can barely read - 1st in Prem Division, next match vs. Man City in 4 days.

And finally bigger picture of Team of the Week wouldn't be bad at all. It quite small and there is a lot of space around it, so it can bi bigger.

another thing when playing in european leagues is when matches are reschedudled. i tend to play day by day with onyl 1 day off... and theres no option to move the game to have at least 2 days of rest. is it normal ? i barealy see this in english football recently and i thought this should be taken care off too.

Talking to players: Positive and negative reactions separated in two different boxes. Through context I imagine one can know what group he's replying to, but not to whom specifically (if that's relevant within the engine I don't know). I have had just one, so not sure if there's going to be instances when knowing who you're talking to is both important and impossible to know.

Well I am 20 hours in and I have to say this is the best release in recent years, absolutely loving it, the wife even complained that I was not participating in family things today, seems SI have it bang on then, not heard that for years. :)

While I did prefer the tactic screen from last year it is not that big a problem for me, sure it took some getting used to but after the initial setup and getting used to what players prefered what I was fine with it.

My only complaints have already been said and acknowledged by SI in the very first post, never thought I would be so worried at players having shots from 30 yards before...

Also who ever had the idea of releasing with a dark skin this year, I owe you a steak dinner. ;)

As I was playing a youth-only save and starting with no coaching badges I thought I'd start out with an attribute of 4 for working with youngsters. One month in and it's dropped to 1, although other attributes have increased in turn. Until I gain a badge, do your attributes always have an accumulated maximum number? Whether they do or don't, that's a fairly hefty drop in one month.

If you have a save before those attributes changed could you post a thread in the bugs forum please? Details on how to upload saves can be found in the linked threads at the top of the bugs forums.

OK, now that I have for the first time clicked "continue" in FM15 I must ask: Why the hell is the "browse" button still over the "continue" button when the game is processing? It has been like this for several game versions. If there is some sort of good reason for this button placement I don't know what it is. One can inadvertently make the game continue when wanting to do the opposite! How about making the top of the panel slightly higher and aligning the "browse" button to bottom so its not hovering over "continue", or otherwise doing whatever it takes to not have the opposite functions on precisely the same spot?

you know that white font on black background is better and less exhausting for your eyes than white background?

Scientifically, that may be true. However, in a game like FM there is not just text, but there are also buttons and pictures. There are more important and less important text passages. Everybody making a PowerPoint presentation with a black background knows that it is way too difficult to choose colors that just fit perfectly. Take this for example: http://oi57.tinypic.com/33u8v3t.jpg

Maybe I am just very conservative and resistent to change, but a white background like in FM 14 is way better and also gives the creators more possibilities to differentiate important from unimportant information and the variety of colors you can use is much bigger.

Well I am 20 hours in and I have to say this is the best release in recent years, absolutely loving it, the wife even complained that I was not participating in family things today, seems SI have it bang on then, not heard that for years. :)

While I did prefer the tactic screen from last year it is not that big a problem for me, sure it took some getting used to but after the initial setup and getting used to what players prefered what I was fine with it.

My only complaints have already been said and acknowledged by SI in the very first post, never thought I would be so worried at players having shots from 30 yards before...

Also who ever had the idea of releasing with a dark skin this year, I owe you a steak dinner. ;)

Hi daylight.

Been reading through every page/comment on this thread and noticed your feedback quite alot and was just wondering, how's the transfer system this year?

What I mean is.. is it a vast improvement in dynamic ways? .. EG players moving here there and everywhere..lots of media/chairmen interaction

Haven't purchased as yet as this is a biggy for me, but I usually get it on full release anyway

thanx in advance :thup::thup:

OK, now that I have for the first time clicked "continue" in FM15 I must ask: Why the hell is the "browse" button still over the "continue" button when the game is processing? It has been like this for several game versions. If there is some sort of good reason for this button placement I don't know what it is. One can inadvertently make the game continue when wanting to do the opposite! How about making the top of the panel slightly higher and aligning the "browse" button to bottom so its not hovering over "continue", or otherwise doing whatever it takes to not have the opposite functions on precisely the same spot?

Totally agree with this. The amount of times I've accidentally hit continue over the years is crazy! :D

Way too many injuries and key players keep wanting a transfer out because of Champions League. Trying to manage MUFC is like a nightmare!

The training is either unlucky or down to your training.

The players being unhappy is something that SI is aware of and in the process of adjusting. It is mentioned in the beta release notes too, I think.

Do you have a save game from just before that news item appears? If you do, report it here please and upload the save: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/424-Media-News-and-Press-Conferences

I do, but when reloading the ealier save in an attempt to see if the message displays again, it doesn't appear. Still worth an upload you think? Or not?

Cheers HUNT3R.

Hi daylight.

Been reading through every page/comment on this thread and noticed your feedback quite alot and was just wondering, how's the transfer system this year?

What I mean is.. is it a vast improvement in dynamic ways? .. EG players moving here there and everywhere..lots of media/chairmen interaction

Haven't purchased as yet as this is a biggy for me, but I usually get it on full release anyway

thanx in advance :thup::thup:

Hey,

I can only comment on the first transfer window as I have 2 saves and neither has gotten to the second window yet.

1 thing I found that was a great addition is talking to a player that either wants to leave or indeed you want rid off and asking him to actually look for a club, I had such a player in my Navara side, now for a Serie C side he was valued at 600k and he was a good player but did not fit into my system, in past releases you found yourself stuck with him as no one would come in for him, even at 0 money you still could not get rid off him.

Anyway I had a chat with him and told him it would be best for everyone if he found another club, 2 days later I had 3 bids for him at around the 500k mark.

Still very early to judge how this will play out as the game goes on but in truth the first window was always the hardest to get rid of players and with the ability to ask the player to find a club for himself really does seem to help.

Totally agree with this. The amount of times I've accidentally hit continue over the years is crazy! :D

Exactly. This has been my pet peevee in the UI, and I have moaned about it several times in the past when new versions of FM have been released. :D

Its not very difficult to change the button placement by editing the skin, so why doesn't SI do it...

Two quick questions for all who have played the beta version

1) Do you think players miss too many 1 on 1's

2) Do you find players shooting from 20+ yards too often, frustrating but when it comes off it looks class

Do any of the two things happen to you or is it just me ?

I do, but when reloading the ealier save in an attempt to see if the message displays again, it doesn't appear. Still worth an upload you think? Or not?

Cheers HUNT3R.

You could still raised the issue, but mention that you can't get it to re-produce with an older save game. Keep this save with the blank file if you can.

Two quick questions for all who have played the beta version

1) Do you think players miss too many 1 on 1's

2) Do you find players shooting from 20+ yards too often, frustrating but when it comes off it looks class

Do any of the two things happen to you or is it just me ?

1) The 1 on 1's I think are near bang on, sure it is frustrating when they miss but they also score them as well

2) Yeah the 25+ yard shots do seem to be too high, they do look great when they go in but it is as SI have said to high, I actually feel bad for my defenders at times, they restrict the attackers to only long range shots but as we maybe lose 3-0 they come off with a rating of 5.8, in that game the opposition had maybe 20 shots at goal but maybe 18 of them were from long range, I felt they did their job in keeping the attackers away from goal but they got the blame for some great strikes.

Hey,

I can only comment on the first transfer window as I have 2 saves and neither has gotten to the second window yet.

1 thing I found that was a great addition is talking to a player that either wants to leave or indeed you want rid off and asking him to actually look for a club, I had such a player in my Navara side, now for a Serie C side he was valued at 600k and he was a good player but did not fit into my system, in past releases you found yourself stuck with him as no one would come in for him, even at 0 money you still could not get rid off him.

Anyway I had a chat with him and told him it would be best for everyone if he found another club, 2 days later I had 3 bids for him at around the 500k mark.

Still very early to judge how this will play out as the game goes on but in truth the first window was always the hardest to get rid of players and with the ability to ask the player to find a club for himself really does seem to help.

I see I see

That's what I was hoping for as I had the same problem with FM14 no matter how good his attributes/Ave rating/form etc etc was! but this does seem promising putting more effort into interaction with a particular player looks very promising

Thank you daylight really appreciate the feedback :thup:

Archived