Sports Interactive Community
Lucas

Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

This for me is something noticeable with the ME, but not just this season either. I've noticed a lot of my player shooting from 35-yards out rather than holding the ball up, but the main one for me is shooting from a silly angle at the near post rather than across goal or squaring it to the player running in.

I'd raise it in the bugs forum if I was you for the ME and it may be looked at :).

I hope this doesn't continue in the released game. Long shots seem to have been an issue forever and silly shooting angles clearly a problem in FM14.

PS. Have swapped positions been brought back this year? If you played two similar strikers last year it was a shame that you couldn't swap them over to confuse defences.

People's views are subjective, one person's like can be another's dislike. Play the beta and see what you think

Since the Beta is only available to those who preordered, that's not really an option when you're trying to find out about the game. As there is no demo, asking those who are part of the Beta is the only option without actually ordering the game.

Some did so stop with the inferences because it's particularly galling to those of us who did so.

Thing is it's just another case of they can't please everybody, also posts like Shake Appeal's stand a good chance of actually influencing their decisions whereas posts like yours will just stop SI staff bothering to come here.

So that was really a post in support of those who did raise these issues, then. Perhaps if Miles (or whoever) sees this, he might be more inclined to listen to internal criticism in the future.

Far, far too many players constantly threatening to leave as they don't get played enough.

I'm only half way through the first season.

I've not found it an issue at all after playing a total of 5 seasons with two different clubs so it's probably very dependant on who (and How) you're managing, enter a bug report but make sure you add any details that might be relevant, what you've said here isn't enough to investigate.

the new player/role/duty column needs to be removed makes selecting a team take so much more time absolutely awful addition to this years game. also need to make it easier to find the simple things in the game that everyone goes to every 10 to 15 minutes like transfer listed players this used to be about 3 clicks now i cant even find it! additions are needed but why make the game harder and more time consuming to play? these 2 were clearly not thought through not good additions.

i do like the fact that if a player isn't willing to sign for you you have the chance to talk him into it however need a few more options other then just offering captaincy or vice captaincy.

So that was really a post in support of those who did raise these issues, then. Perhaps if Miles (or whoever) sees this, he might be more inclined to listen to internal criticism in the future.

In Beta everybody gets to speak their mind but ultimately the decisions on which path to take rightly belong with the devs, ergo the blame for getting it wrong does too :) but they do always take their decisions with the best intentions and I do have to credit them with being right often and wrong rarely.

Miles certainly does listen to criticism both internal and external, then he makes up his own mind :D which is why he's studio director ;)

Played fm 15 for a few hours. Not too bad although ME was unwatchable when I had it on very high graphics, juddering badly. Tried it on high and it was a bit better although still had some juddering at times. I've now put it on medium which is the first time I've ever had to do that. Don't know if that will be sorted when its released. Trying to get used to some of the changes. Took me while to figure out how to do player searches which now seems to be under scouting. Press conferences don't seem any different, same questions as before so I'll be sending AM for them. Speaking to players is better though. You can explain why you did what you did. Although not always like when I had to get rid of Glen johnson who was on 100k a week and wanted 135k and 23k appearance fee. Wage budget was already over the limit so needed to reduce it. He wasn't happy to be offered to other clubs and told me so. Eventually sold him to arsenal for 6m.

Just played a game and an opposition defender scored a hat trick of own goals? Bug?

It's listed in the original post and known issues:

- There are too many own goals, or incorrectly-awarded own goals

Is the fact that "Preferred Moves" are no longer an option for the player profile widgets a deliberate choice? Or is this a bug?

For the avoidance of doubt, I mean these dropdowns:

2j2bzo3.jpg

I didn't post this in the bugs forum as it goes over lots of issues with the UI, some bugs, some just bad design. I'm going to go down with the biggest issues and then just list the other ones. First one is a MAJOR one.

Great post, I hope they listen.

I am playing as Man Utd and after 18 games into the season I have won every game, averaging more than 3 goals a game and more than 20 shots on goal.

However, my fans under confidence keep saying "the fans are slightly concerned that the football being played is less than exciting"

This cant be the case surely?

@ - Neil Dejyothin

Not so much of a bug Neil , But a Request before the actual game comes out for us Skinners !!

Would it be possible to assign ID`s to each Cup so we can get real photos of trophies just like Real Player Faces and Club Crests ???

Second of all some of us still like playing 2d classic , the graphics ( Goals/Nets , Pitch`s , Sidelines Bench`s) are plain terrible !!!

would love to see these in a future patch !!:applause:

I am playing as Man Utd and after 18 games into the season I have won every game, averaging more than 3 goals a game and more than 20 shots on goal.

However, my fans under confidence keep saying "the fans are slightly concerned that the football being played is less than exciting"

This cant be the case surely?

You already have a thread in the bugs forum (and this sounds like one) so wait for feedback there. :thup:

The more I play the more I like the new match engine. A few annoying things happen, but generally I like it a lot.

I just set up my team for short passing and keep possesion, and i've seen some great tiki-taka being played. So good work.

Is the fact that "Preferred Moves" are no longer an option for the player profile widgets a deliberate choice? Or is this a bug?

Shrew, I'm not sure, but flag it in the UI bugs forum. It could be some sort of glitch considering it was available last year.

I do not know if this is related to the goalkeeper issues that are already known, but the second reaction to blocked shots that rebound inside the penalty area are so so slow for 'keepers. Much slower than for outfield players, and thus many goals I see scored come from a rebound.

Also, I haven't had anywhere near enough injuries. Like one of any note all season. Clearly needs to be looked at. ;)

That's funny, I've played seven competitive matches and have had a few hit, all significant ones. Two three or four months, one out for the season, and a couple which are just three to four weeks. I'd guess that it's just luck and should even itself out - either way :D

I do not know if this is related to the goalkeeper issues that are already known, but the second reaction to blocked shots that rebound inside the penalty area are so so slow for 'keepers. Much slower than for outfield players, and thus many goals I see scored come from a rebound.
That is a known issue. :thup:

As always, PKM examples will be appreciated in the bugs forum, I'm sure.

Don't know if this has been covered, But I do the games just on 'only commentary' mode and before I score a goal or have a chance, the match stalls for a spilt second. Happens to the opposing team too.

Dont know if this is already mentioned, but in the ''squad'' screen, i pick my whole team (shift key) and by right clicking the training option is missing. I want to give me a rest collectively and i cant do it, although i could before, i mean 2-3 back in game.

Is it not possible to ask the board to turn the club into a professional club? I have over 20 million NOK as my balance, which equals to 2 million GBP.

PS. Have swapped positions been brought back this year? If you played two similar strikers last year it was a shame that you couldn't swap them over to confuse defences.

They have - this has returned as a result of feedback from FM14.

SI, can you please, please, please fix custom views. There is a lot of very powerful information available through them (whereas the default views are very weak and hugely wasteful of space at higher resolutions), but they're an absolute nightmare right now.

1. Moving columns around is tricky to gauge.

2. Resizing columns is an exercise in frustration because it never works consistently.

3. Some kinds of columns behave differently than others (e.g. the Last 5 Games bars).

4. Some columns are left-aligned. Others are right-aligned. Some don't have the right amount of padding (e.g. squad number).

5. Columns regularly get kicked off the right side of the screen even when space is available, forcing you to go through several menus to fix them.

6. The auto-size feature is, again, inconsistent and behaves differently every time you use it.

7. Even when you've got everything set up and saved how you like it, a misclick can ruin everything. Why isn't there a lock feature?!

8. Going in and out of other screens sometimes messes up views entirely: when I go in and out of a player screen, it resets my team selection view.

All of this is incredibly frustrating, and it's been this way for years. We need a much more robust system that lets players display the information they need in the way they want it to be displayed. It's working even worse than it was in FM14.

I very much second this.

Also please separate out the Position/Role/Duty column into 3 separate columns.

There is far too much information crammed into two lines of text. It just looks crowbarred in and is pretty appealing from both a design and usability point of view. You must know it doesn't really work as you have had to reduce the font size on the second line as it just doesn't fit.

Sometimes the old adage that "if it 'aint broke, don't fix it" really should be adhered to.

More interaction issues. Injured player comes back and is rotated in and out whilst regaining fitness. Moans about not playing regularly. Come on. this has been an issue for the last few versions.

Is it not possible to ask the board to turn the club into a professional club? I have over 20 million NOK as my balance, which equals to 2 million GBP.

Is the board request for that not available?

That is a known issue. :thup:

As always, PKM examples will be appreciated in the bugs forum, I'm sure.

I thought it would be, I will not any very clearly odd ones and upload pkms.

your wrong im afraid..theres testers outside of the studio as well...they have many public beta testers.

FM is a massively complex game and to expect an in house testing team to pick up on every possible hardware/software conflict as well as every nuance of the Match Engine never mind the rest of the game is massively unrealistic.

You are free to choose to partake in the Beta or not.

Many of us are happy to support Si in their endeavours as we understand we will get a better game in the end.

Your sense of entitlement is astonishing.

More interaction issues. Injured player comes back and is rotated in and out whilst regaining fitness. Moans about not playing regularly. Come on. this has been an issue for the last few versions.

Please report it. I think I have seen a thread on this already, but an extra example can always help.

At this stage you have to spare a thought for us guys that had to play with the white skin at every launch, when we complained about sore eyes and headaches we were told to just suck it up until the dark skin came along.

Come on you can give us this 1 launch surely. ;)

I was remembering all of the early/beta launches where people were crying for a dark skin myself :)

Personally, I prefer the darker skin, and I like the UI. Takes some getting used to finding where things are, but it is fairly intuitive when you think about it.

Brilliant release for a Beta, other than some known issues (widgets resetting each game launch) haven't had to many complaints. Can even get used to the tactics screen after a bit, though I did like the on-field tactics drop-downs. I suspect some enterprising modder will find a way to put them back into a skin :)

your wrong im afraid..theres testers outside of the studio as well...they have many public beta testers.

A few dozen external testers isn't quite the same as tens of thousands of public Beta testers :)

I am a bit disappointed with FM 2015. There a lot of things that I don't like

- UI. FM 2014 was much more user friendly. White background was quite good and there was no reason to change it. The new transparent look combined with extremely bright colours especially in "headlines" section is very tiring.

- Performance. I was playing FM 2014 the other day and it was very quick indeed. FM 2015 is slow but I hope in the Retail version this issue will be fixed.

- Tactics. Why make tactics screen so complicated? It was quite relaxing that you could change player roles and duties from the pitch on the right side of the screen. And it was much easier to change your players in your squad without having to drag and drop each player.

- Team's Names and Badges. Crests look like they came straight from PES 4 or 5, and BMG for Borussia Moenchengladbach, Gelsenkirchen for Schalke? I understand that you cannot use real names and badges but the old ones looked just fine. There was no need to change them. Instead of FC Schalke 04 the team could be named Schalke and instead of BMG simply Gladbach.

- 2D match engine. Many times players in 2D have strange behaviour. Like there is a loose ball and they go in the opposite direction. And some goals are let's be kind, strange.

I hope some of the above will be fixed in the final version of the game :)

Don't know if it's fm or something wrong with my computer, but my game keeps minimising it's self. It's not happening when browsing the web but it does become un-selected if you know what i mean (basically if i wanted to type i'd have to click the screen for it to become active) but it doesn't actually minimize like it does on fm

Don't know if it's fm or something wrong with my computer, but my game keeps minimising it's self. It's not happening when browsing the web but it does become un-selected if you know what i mean (basically if i wanted to type i'd have to click the screen for it to become active) but it doesn't actually minimize like it does on fm

Are you running in windowed or full screen? Anything popping up from say your taskbar?

Are you running in windowed or full screen? Anything popping up from say your taskbar?

I'm running full screen, It's happening a hell of a lot tonight. I've played it 2 or 3 hours the previous 2 days and haven't had this issue. It must have happened about 10 times within the short time of me playing it now though

The game runs smoothly until i actually enter a match. Then it lags horrendously, like when i press continue it takes 5-6 seconds to actually register that i clicked it. My computer isn't an issue, i have an i5 processor so its fairly quick.

I think I've got a minor scheduling issue. My Europa League play-off first leg match has caused my Premier League game at home to Burnley after it to be postponed. This should be moved from the Saturday to the Sunday just so there's a decent gap, but instead the game's decided we can't play at all that weekend and moved us to a Wednesday night in September. Same's happened to Hull who also played in it. Gonna actually be a very big issue if this continues once we reach the Group Stage.

Is this a first? 25 yard shot smashes back off the bar and goes in off the keepers back.

The game runs smoothly until i actually enter a match. Then it lags horrendously, like when i press continue it takes 5-6 seconds to actually register that i clicked it. My computer isn't an issue, i have an i5 processor so its fairly quick.

What rendering mode are you using? Look in preferences. Try switching to the other mode to see if it makes a difference.

Is this a first? 25 yard shot smashes back off the bar and goes in off the keepers back.

I had that this afternoon. You're too slow!

I'm running full screen, It's happening a hell of a lot tonight. I've played it 2 or 3 hours the previous 2 days and haven't had this issue. It must have happened about 10 times within the short time of me playing it now though

Found the problem. Having my TP link open is causing it. Don't know why but since closing that it hasn't happened