Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

I think it would be a good idea to be able to filter out players already selected when choosing subs

Why? Is clicking on a sub slot and selecting a sub from the pop-up menu not good/fast/easy enough?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I ask:

1. Do you see more goals from long shots?

2. Are their more curling shots?

3. Do wingers score more goals from cutting inside?

4. Are there more goals from direct free kicks?

5. Are strikers' finishing and decision making in front of goal better than FM14?

6. Can full backs more effectively block crosses and tackle?

7. Can you instruct your centre backs to split?

8. Can you instruct your full backs to hug the touchline?

9. Do players come short to the ball more often?

10. Will players keep the ball in play unnecessarily when it's going out?

11. Do wingers take on full backs 1 vs 1 in tight spaces more often (like Neymar and Hazard) and not just on the run.

12. Ultimately is there a greater variety of goals?

Thanks

So far, not really.

You see 10x more goals made on the flanks rather than the middle. Still quite annoying.

Into the second week of August playing as Man Utd and Phil Jones has requested to leave to join Arsenal as he wants to play CL football, now that's fair enough but they haven't even submitted a bid yet and Wenger hasn't even mentioned the player by name once. :confused:

Into the second week of August playing as Man Utd and Phil Jones has requested to leave to join Arsenal as he wants to play CL football, now that's fair enough but they haven't even submitted a bid yet and Wenger hasn't even mentioned the player by name once. :confused:

Players becoming unhappy too quick is listed in the very first post.

Can I ask I haven't played the FM15 Beta but is the ME a notable improvement over FM13? More specifically:

5. Are strikers' finishing and decision making in front of goal better than FM14?

11. Do wingers take on full backs 1 vs 1 in tight spaces more often (like Neymar and Hazard) and not just on the run.

Thanks

Give me £29.99 and I'll tell you :rolleyes::D

Side bar is a huge mistake! And why can't you make it possible to use the FM Classic skin in the full game? It's so much better to find a round in. This years FM Classic skin with no side bar but last years top bar would be awsome! At least please find out what you guys want and stik with it so I don't have to get use to an all new interface every freaking year! Otherwise the game seems pretty good

Sorry if this has been asked already but where would I see if a player is a 'Wonderkid" ?

It's generally in "Overview - Information". Guess it's the same this year - E.G "Media Description" would probably give you "Wonderkid" if it was applicable.

Why? Is clicking on a sub slot and selecting a sub from the pop-up menu not good/fast/easy enough?

In my opinion, no. Which is why I brought it up. If you are going through your sub list of 7 I think it would be a good idea to have the pop up menu only consist of players not chosen, if you so desire. It would mean you would be looking at 11 less players for a start.

In my opinion, no. Which is why I brought it up. If you are going through your sub list of 7 I think it would be a good idea to have the pop up menu only consist of players not chosen, if you so desire. It would mean you would be looking at 11 less players for a start.

Thank you. Whether I agree or not, this is the kind of feedback that is very useful.

This thread is for feedback on the FM 15 game from those that have played it.

What about people like myself who are looking to see how the game plays, reading the feedback and asking particular questions?

There are certain futures in the game I am looking to see if they've improved.

Completely agree with this. If we are going to use drop down menu's to select players we need them less cluttered. Having the 11 players you've already selected to play appear on the list doesn't make it easy to use at all.

Is anyone having problems getting facepacks to work?

I have this set up, I think the same as usual, but cant get them to show, same with mini faces, and logos

Did you remember to clear the cache and reload the skin? Other than that I wouldn't know, I just copied the folders I used for FM14 and it works fine.

Here's an amateur question.

When choosing tracksuit or tactical, what Palyer Knowledge and Youngster Knowledge means exacty?

How much do I know about my senior and youth players or?

Pretty much. You'll have a larger "fog of war" with lower attributes. My Youth Knowledge is 1, so all the youngsters at my own club have black stars!

So it's related to my club and not to players around the world. Cheers!

Sorry if I wasn't being clear, it's related to all players. I think it has more of an impact on players outside your club.

• Administrators
the injuries are killing me..just finished a game and januzaj,falcao,evans and jones injured for 4 weeks minimum..anyone else having trouble with injuries?

How far into the game are you? Is this early season or far in? How match fit were each of the players?

Playing as Leyton Orient my first results are 3-5, 5-1, 4-3, 2-2 lol. Too many goals and the defenders still seem too disinterested. Quite often my opponents counter attack while the midfield calmly stroll past the player with the ball in the opposite direction. Several instances of the ball lying in six yard box, defenders & keeper look frantically for it while opponent runs in from outside area to fire home. One goal I scored came from defender recovering ball on goaline by edge of no with no-one near him. He promptly passed to my CF on edge of six yard box who gratefully thumps home. Last game I went 2-1 up in 91st minute, I withdrew my CF for an extra DM and instructioned everyone to drop deep. Next highlight was of opposition CF breaking my defensive line in the 94th min a few yards inside my half and running the length of the half to score the equaliser as the defenders quickly gave up chasing him

Yep if you read the first post in this thread it explains currently known issues

So Liverpool were so entertaining last year, I see the game is modeled on them.... score loads let a **** load in hahaha Joking.

I think the game is great. Layout is good, I for one love the tactics page (i know a few don't).

Ok my 5 areas of concern on the ME.

1. Too may players shooting from everywhere instead of obvious pass.

2. Goalkeeper parries are too high and leads to too many soft goals which in turn leads to high goals in game.

3. Too many smaller players beating taller players to headers on crosses.

4. Long ball through balls still an issue.

5. Goals from set pieces are high imho.

This is not a moan just early observation. The rest of the game is great. Gonna say it again, the Scouting/Transfer link is great idea.

Can I ask I haven't played the FM15 Beta but is the ME a notable improvement over FM14? More specifically:

Thanks

People's views are subjective, one person's like can be another's dislike. Play the beta and see what you think

• SI Staff
Is there a change to how the job centre works?

I have to fill quite a few positions at my club so i put out some ads in job centre.

Managed to get applicants for U19 Ass. Man position, 2 senior coaches and one Head of Youth Development.

Scouts, Chief Scout, U19 Manager, Ass. Man and U19 coach didn't receive any applicants.

I put out the ads very early, in July. Now, 2 months later, i haven't received any information about anything.

Not even a "poor response" news item about no-one applying.

Do i only get a news item, after the first initial "poor response", when there are applicants?

Would you mind starting a thread here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/425-Transfers-Contracts-and-Responsibilities

We will then take a closer look.

Cheers,

Ben

I've had to select my Europa League squad and due to home grown players I've had to leave Etienne Capoue out. He's unhappy and so are the squad so I've called a team meeting about it. The players say I'm out of order in not letting him leave and standing in the way of his dream move. I'm left him out of a Europa squad, not rejected a bid for him.

• SI Staff
I've had to select my Europa League squad and due to home grown players I've had to leave Etienne Capoue out. He's unhappy and so are the squad so I've called a team meeting about it. The players say I'm out of order in not letting him leave and standing in the way of his dream move. I'm left him out of a Europa squad, not rejected a bid for him.

Can you report this in the interaction section of the bugs forum please with a save from before the registration if possible? Thanks

• Administrators
Um..

Several of my new signings are asking for new contracts only 3 months after I signed them...

Are they concerned and want new contracts? If so, please raise it here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/422-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

Many thanks.

1. Too may players shooting from everywhere instead of obvious pass.

This for me is something noticeable with the ME, but not just this season either. I've noticed a lot of my player shooting from 35-yards out rather than holding the ball up, but the main one for me is shooting from a silly angle at the near post rather than across goal or squaring it to the player running in.

I'd raise it in the bugs forum if I was you for the ME and it may be looked at :).

Archived