Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

There are too many goals for me in my game too, I think as per FM14 this version favours defensive tactics...I've just got opened up 3-0 first game of the season and that was only playing Standard. Going to have to succumb to a Defensive philosophy I think til the number of goals are reduced.

Have had a few games like this myself. Playing as Millwall not the greatest squad in the world but if you have a look at these results, started off very well then randomly all goes tits up, no major squad changes no major tactic changes and on some of the big goal games, i was in the lead by 2-0 bournemouth for instance 2-0 lead finished 6-6, charlton 2-0 lead, finished 3-8!!

FM15results_zps861fa75c.jpg

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have had a few games like this myself. Playing as Millwall not the greatest squad in the world but if you have a look at these results, started off very well then randomly all goes tits up, no major squad changes no major tactic changes and on some of the big goal games, i was in the lead by 2-0 bournemouth for instance 2-0 lead finished 6-6, charlton 2-0 lead, finished 3-8!!

FM15results_zps861fa75c.jpg

Jeezus! I would be infuriated by that!

Also, as per last year...the players pay no attention whatsoever to 'close down less' and all are automatically attracted to ball.

This is what I am finding. Take early leads for game to only get opened up, massive 6-7 goal games by either side.

I have now beaten Real Madrid twice. But lost to Chelsea 0-6!!

It doesn't pause. But the audio keeps running in the background, which annoys the hell out of me.

I tried it again and it does seem to pause. Not when the match is simulated, but as soon as it switches to the action on the ground (for me that would be "Key Highlights") then the game pauses if you switch to Desktop.

I made myself a top of the line manager with great coaching attributes (managing Liverpool). Now in August in the first season and I see that all my attribibutes have reversed back to 6 (two attributes are 5 and one is 7). In the training/coaches screen my star rating is now very poor whereas on the first day of the season I could get 4.5 or 5 star training in Tactics and Defending.

Has the game lowered my attributes because of poor decision making in the game or is it a bug? It looks like a bug.

I made myself a top of the line manager with great coaching attributes (managing Liverpool). Now in August in the first season and I see that all my attribibutes have reversed back to 6 (two attributes are 5 and one is 7). In the training/coaches screen my star rating is now very poor whereas on the first day of the season I could get 4.5 or 5 star training in Tactics and Defending.

Has the game lowered my attributes because of poor decision making in the game or is it a bug? It looks like a bug.

Do you have a save from just before the attributes changed?

I tried it again and it does seem to pause. Not when the match is simulated, but as soon as it switches to the action on the ground (for me that would be "Key Highlights") then the game pauses if you switch to Desktop.

Weird. Doesn't happen to me.

Read the first post in this thread

Those high scores do not only happen because of the reasons mentioned in the first post. There are some defensive problems like CB not covering space behind each other, not running or WB/FB leaving there man on the wings open to attack the other WB (i'm preparing some PKMs regarding those). Then there are goals from small defensive errors that are happen far to often too.

Those high scores do not only happen because of the reasons mentioned in the first post. There are some defensive problems like CB not covering space behind each other, not running or WB/FB leaving there man on the wings open to attack the other WB (i'm preparing some PKMs regarding those). Then there are goals from small defensive errors that are happen far to often too.

If you could do that, it would be appreciated :thup:

I've found a couple of issue but not sure if they are bugs or purposeful commissions so I thought I'd raise them here first instead of the bugs forum.

1. When you ask your scout to 'Get Team Report' for any team, in FM14 you would then be able to see the teams squad depth page and their current and potential ability, but I can't see this in FM15 (I only see the Team information screen).

2. On a player attribute profile page, in FM14 you could see the players potential ability star rating (if they were on your team or if you'd scouted the player) but in FM15 this isn't there anymore, despite there being space (at least on my resolution 1280x1024)

If these are bugs, I'd be happy to post them in the bugs forum.

Couple of points:

1. Started as Stevenage, objective was to aim for playoffs. After 10 games, am in the playoffs with a 5 point gap from the team outside the playoffs and the Board say I am not on course to achieve my objective and sack me. Next club, objective was to take them to mid table. Started at 17th, after 15 games was 6th out of 22 teams (so well above mid table) and again told not meeting objective and sacked. Got job with third club, and so far so good.

2. Now stuck on the training screen, it won't let me continue I have to holiday a day but then when I come back from holiday it won't let me continue.

FM 14.3 also had the too many goals scored issue, now FM 15 beta has the same? Isn't 2 weeks to little time to balance this type of issue? just saying...

Sigh!! read the first post in this thread please, and no it's not too late.

That's fine and thanks, but if people like you who know what they're talking about forget to include mention of such things in their posts then people who don't know what they're talking about start doing OMGZ! stuff like Andu1 in the post above :D

Ok, bit annoying and it is worse than 14.

I am managing Liverpool, who has a lot of reasonable back up players, like Markovic, Lambert etc..

Basically anyone not in my first team has complained about first team football, asked for a meeting and now want to leave. Some even made there issue public!!

I now have to sell most of those players as they want out, and I will have no squad.

I've found a couple of issue but not sure if they are bugs or purposeful commissions so I thought I'd raise them here first instead of the bugs forum.

1. When you ask your scout to 'Get Team Report' for any team, in FM14 you would then be able to see the teams squad depth page and their current and potential ability, but I can't see this in FM15 (I only see the Team information screen).

2. On a player attribute profile page, in FM14 you could see the players potential ability star rating (if they were on your team or if you'd scouted the player) but in FM15 this isn't there anymore, despite there being space (at least on my resolution 1280x1024)

If these are bugs, I'd be happy to post them in the bugs forum.

1 - Is Squad-->Squad Depth what you're looking for?

2 - I believe this is intentional, but it is something I miss too.

I am managing Liverpool, who has a lot of reasonable back up players, like Markovic, Lambert etc..

Basically anyone not in my first team has complained about first team football, asked for a meeting and now want to leave. Some even made there issue public!!

I now have to sell most of those players as they want out, and I will have no squad.

From the list of known issues in the first post:

- Some players become unhappy too quickly (and some are too easy to talk around)

Like others have said, too many goals, poor goalkeeping etc.

A small issue I would like to flag up is that when in 3d match, the ground looks full but when you see the attendance figure, it's barely half the capacity. An example was my game at Sheff Wed. Looked full but attendance was 19193.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed that the attendance figures have been removed from the detailed fixtures and results screen!

Last bit, why has the players condition% been removed from the pitch in tactics screen? I have often gone into games forgetting to look for their condition and played players with 70%.

Just a minor thing in my opinion, but I started without any badges and when I asked my board to go on a course they refused and said they needed me on the training field for now... After a month I get the news that my assistant manager has started his course and should finish in 4 months. I tried to get my first bagde again, but got refused with the same reason. Surely if the manager is refused to get his badges then the same should apply to ass. man also? A quick fix though?

Why on earth do you have to sell them? work on it over a period of time and don't assume you have to cave in to their demands.

Alternatively produce a bug report (with save game please) if you feel it's excessive.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed that the attendance figures have been removed from the detailed fixtures and results screen!

Yeah missing that too.

I like it that players complain more in this version. Squads where much to happy in FM14. And why you have to sell them? Just leave them unhappy, they are backup players after all and sitting on the bench will make many players unhappy irl too.

1 - Is Squad-->Squad Depth what you're looking for?

2 - I believe this is intentional, but it is something I miss too.

1. Yeah, that's what I am looking for, but for opposition teams that I scouted, not my own team. I can't see Squad > Squad Depth for another team.

2. It's too bad it if intentional, it was very useful.

Thanks

I have.

All leagues in all countries. Went on holiday and applied for any club.

Immediately received 3 job interviews. Of those i got the jobb at Rødde in Norwegian 2nd division.

Didn't have to promise anything apart from achieving a mid-table position.

Me, too. Started with lowest rep and no badges and got the Hyde United job. But I am constantly refused to take my coaching courses... a bit annoying! :)

I found this to be an issue as well. A work around is when a column drops off:

1. Right click on the header, and chose customize current view.

2. Select the last entry and move it up.

3. CLick OK.

Suddenly all the columns are visible.

This issue with columns is a major annoyance, and needs to be addressed.

Thanks for the tip. Will give it a try and mess around a bit with it :thup:

Every game (and i mean every game) i played last night ended with 6 goals or more being scored per game, with one exception a 1 nil win. In the Capital One Cup, i also lost 5-4 to a lower league team.

Goalkeepers are an acknowledged issue so it seems consistent with whats described in the patch notes to me.

Think i'll wait till for another update before i load up another save.

Couple of points:

1. Started as Stevenage, objective was to aim for playoffs. After 10 games, am in the playoffs with a 5 point gap from the team outside the playoffs and the Board say I am not on course to achieve my objective and sack me. Next club, objective was to take them to mid table. Started at 17th, after 15 games was 6th out of 22 teams (so well above mid table) and again told not meeting objective and sacked. Got job with third club, and so far so good.

2. Now stuck on the training screen, it won't let me continue I have to holiday a day but then when I come back from holiday it won't let me continue.

Can you raise this in the bugs forum please? This sounds like a bit of a problem.

Apologies if these have been mentioned. Playing as Everton, some ME issues I have come across:

1) GK positioning after shots and free kicks. They seem to be frozen for ages which means there seem to be too many goals off rebounds / goalmouth scrambles (these often OGs).

2) Too many 'he certainly didn't mean that/almost got lucky with that crosses'.

Game is great otherwise. Some issues with new UI but want to give it some time, maybe just a matter of me getting used to it.

Hi!

Could you please bring back the 2D classic to the way it was in FM 2014? It really sucks now, to be honest.

I'm only using the 2D classic, and I'm sure many others are as well, so this will decide whether I'm going to play the game or not.

Hey

22 games in - Liverpool save - 56 points in the league, through to next round in the champions league, best player 7.33, rest of them just 6ish?

Do the players have to score goals or be implemted in them to gain a good rating?

Btw. Why cant forwards score one on one?

Hi!

Could you please bring back the 2D classic to the way it was in FM 2014? It really sucks now, to be honest.

I'm only using the 2D classic, and I'm sure many others are as well, so this will decide whether I'm going to play the game or not.

What part of explaining WHY you don't like something did you not understand? Why does it "suck"?

Is there a change to how the job centre works?

I have to fill quite a few positions at my club so i put out some ads in job centre.

Managed to get applicants for U19 Ass. Man position, 2 senior coaches and one Head of Youth Development.

Scouts, Chief Scout, U19 Manager, Ass. Man and U19 coach didn't receive any applicants.

I put out the ads very early, in July. Now, 2 months later, i haven't received any information about anything.

Not even a "poor response" news item about no-one applying.

Do i only get a news item, after the first initial "poor response", when there are applicants?

After reading all these posts I'm definitely waiting until March. Why does the game always play so bad out of the box

The feedback thread has actually been much better than normal. Also, the game hasn't been released yet so nothing is "out of the box".

Playing as Leyton Orient my first results are 3-5, 5-1, 4-3, 2-2 lol. Too many goals and the defenders still seem too disinterested. Quite often my opponents counter attack while the midfield calmly stroll past the player with the ball in the opposite direction. Several instances of the ball lying in six yard box, defenders & keeper look frantically for it while opponent runs in from outside area to fire home. One goal I scored came from defender recovering ball on goaline by edge of no with no-one near him. He promptly passed to my CF on edge of six yard box who gratefully thumps home. Last game I went 2-1 up in 91st minute, I withdrew my CF for an extra DM and instructioned everyone to drop deep. Next highlight was of opposition CF breaking my defensive line in the 94th min a few yards inside my half and running the length of the half to score the equaliser as the defenders quickly gave up chasing him

After reading all these posts I'm definitely waiting until March. Why does the game always play so bad out of the box

The game is brilliant. The best FM I've ever played without a doubt. Sure it has issues and the tactics screen isn't as good as last years but overall it's the most immersive FM to date. The ME looks fantastic, the new scouting system ramps up the realism and overall you have to put a lot more thought into everything you do. It takes me about 30 minutes just to complete a single match and the few days leading up to it.

Overall it's a very good game and it's only going to get better. This is only the beta and it's in a much better state than the previous couple of beta's.

Archived