Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all. 10 pages in this forum and a whole day after the release what is the conclusion about the match engine in FM2015 beta compared to previous years? Am i right to believe that it is in much better state than last year?

I think the skin is way too dark.

I don't like the backgrounds on the skin.

The text are hard to read in many places because the background and text are either both dark or both light.

I don't like that the drop-down menus are automatic and I can't find an option to make them clickable instead like before. And when I click on a menu item it will go to the first page of that menu, but the drop-down menu will still be open.

In other words, I think the skin are a disaster. Horrible work. :(

Besides the skin, the game overall though seems good. Haven't played so much. I usually just use the BETA stage to look around and test the new functions. It's hard to really try things in the game when the graphical design are so horrible and annoying though. I've never used a custom skin, but this year I'm afraid I'll have to do that.

The new scouting seems like an interesting function. And the new report card on your own players are a good addition.

Hey all. 10 pages in this forum and a whole day after the release what is the conclusion about the match engine in FM2015 beta compared to previous years? Am i right to believe that it is in much better state than last year?

It is still a bit early to judge it, at least for me as I have only managed 6 games in the 9 hours I have played, man this game is so deep now.

It certainly looks much better, a lot easier on the eye, some of the player moves are really nice to watch, you actually see them control the ball with their chest and bring it down before charging forward, the build up play is also very nice.

The goalkeepers are all kinds of crap at the moment but SI are on top of that, they sort of remind me of when I was 7 and I would try and save everything with my feet! :p

Anyway at this early stage I would say it is a lot better but again still early days.

It seems fine to me. Seem to be getting a lot of disallowed goals from rebounds (offside) though, but I don't know if that's an issue with the ME, if there is a statistical explanation for it or of my players just lack intelligence.

It seems to me that offensive tactics are much more efficient than effective tactics. Having a solid and organized defense is not as useful as playing fast attacking football because it's very easy to play through a defense in FM15. This is atleast my experience in the 2nd portoguese league, i have ridiculously high scores but it didn't seem that bad goalkeepers were the cause for it.

• Administrators
It seems to me that offensive tactics are much more efficient than effective tactics. Having a solid and organized defense is not as useful as playing fast attacking football because it's very easy to play through a defense in FM15. This is atleast my experience in the 2nd portoguese league, i have ridiculously high scores but it didn't seem that bad goalkeepers were the cause for it.

Can you please raise this in the match engine forum with examples? It can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

I only have two points to mention and I'm sure they're points that have probably likely been mentioned by others.

1. Lower division goalkeepers are insanely terrible. It's evident at reserve team level too... I've not yet had a U21 game (playing with Liverpool) which hasn't finished with 5 or more goals, and there's been around 10 U21 fixtures.

2. Players are stupid when they get into the penalty area. For some reason, my player would rather shoot (and miss) at a 45 degree angle to the goal line from 9 yards out than square it to their open team mate who would have a completely free shot at goal and a pretty much guaranteed goal.

I only have two points to mention and I'm sure they're points that have probably likely been mentioned by others.

1. Lower division goalkeepers are insanely terrible. It's evident at reserve team level too... I've not yet had a U21 game (playing with Liverpool) which hasn't finished with 5 or more goals, and there's been around 10 U21 fixtures.

2. Players are stupid when they get into the penalty area. For some reason, my player would rather shoot (and miss) at a 45 degree angle to the goal line from 9 yards out than square it to their open team mate who would have a completely free shot at goal and a pretty much guaranteed goal.

Goalkeeping is an acknowledged issue. If you can upload examples of poor finishing where a pass is more sensible to the bugs forum, then the SI team will be happy to take a look.

I'm sure it must have been said before, but the news page is hideous. Absolutely headache-inducingly hideous.

And I don't understand how the bar on the left is an improvement. If it had been in earlier versions, and you'd changed it so that it was all in drop downs at the top, then everyone would be saying how much better it is and how much more space there is on the page. It feels like it's just been added for the sake of changing something, and it squashes the page to mean there's less room for useful info.

Apart from that i'm enjoying the game. The match engine is almost to the point where i'd be happy to occasionally watch highlights in it, so well done there (not sarcastic, I appreciate how incredibly difficult modelling a football match is).

• Administrators
Mine doesn't seem to want to update, was working fine last night. Just pops up saying that the steam servers are too busy to handle the request error code 55

Have you tried restarting Steam?

• Administrators
Once a player has retired, if they are no longer in the game, should i be able to go to the contract negotiation screen despite not being able to put forward an offer as everything is blank?

79C98B6591879BCE3A4C2ECC5F27D5F6C718B78F

Please raise the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

Thanks.

• Administrators
There is a reason 90% of software uses drop down menus rather than sidebars...

Let me guess, because 90% of software designers are wrong? Seriously, constructive feedback please. Thanks.

• Administrators
Neil, someone on the forum said we could offer staff "non contract" terms as oppose to just full time or part time, how is this done? I cant seem to find it

It depends what level you're playing at I believe. It's normally available via the contract page 'Contract Type' dropdown.

Loving the game so far. I have seen a lot of funny things with the match engine though. Players sometimes running away from their man for no reason. I have also just seen podolski crack home a shot which the keeper may have got a slight hand to and it was called an own goal. Also some players when receiving the ball with no other players near them seem to be jinking left and right when they should be running it straight towards the other goal.

Archived