Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Administrators
To me, everythgin seems so slow and laboured when you click something. Like, I click on the player drop down menu to put someone on the bench and it takes a good couple of seconds to show the players etc. Also the match engine doesn;t seem smooth and the 2D classic pitch looks completely different from last years.

Yeah we're aware of this problem it's listed in the first post of the feedback thread. Thanks.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since this is the official feedback thread, I will add to the many criticisms of the tactics screen thats already been posted.

I don't mind the new look, honestly. I just don't think it belongs in the main tab of the tactics screen. The player roles column should belong in the Player Instructions tab, where people go to fine tune their individual player roles and instructions. Removing the ability to tweak player roles directly on the tactics pitch and putting it on the player selection list is a mistake. It is a huge step back, why would anyone do this? Letting us choose from a refined list of players suitable for that position is a well thought out concept, but it seems a bit too mainstream. It is a convenience for sure, which makes me believe that this was intended for new audiences and the more casual gamers who want to get into the series. It feels like it belongs in FIFA Manager or something. Personally I don't mind it as long as you still let us choose players like we normally do, by right clicking on the position tab. There should be a choice, rather than forcing us to use the new layout.

Yeah, I agree, should be a choice. It's a bit of a struggle in some areas, particularly tactics and player stuff. Seems like you have to switch between too many places.

I wonder if our issues are linked. I'm pretty sure before I lost my 2 slots I removed gusy from the slots. I also get that little black box if I right click the slot.

As cleaner475 found out, I wasn't talking about right clicking. I simple left click brings up the menu. That's how I select players. It's longer the the old method, but I'm okay with it.

• Administrators
Loads of my players are mad because I've sold Yaya Sanogo. Which is probably a bit unrealistic, Ozil, Podolski, Ox and more all want to leave due to this.

Raise the issue on our bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/422-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

But players will react badly if they've seen you sell someone they view as a hot prospect for the club.

Ok confirmed : when right clicking to remove a player on the left of the tactics screen , it doesn't unassign that slot from the player.

In this picture Ive removed all 7 subs and there isn't any way to assign them a slot on the left.

rZrjWkC.jpg

As cleaner475 found out, I wasn't talking about right clicking. I simple left click brings up the menu. That's how I select players. It's longer the the old method, but I'm okay with it.

Neither am I , I've never mentioned right clicking. The issue with the slots on the left I posted about and cleaners video are the same as the image above shows.

The new UI is just incredibly frustrating, worst for me is the opposition instructions page where now I need to assign instructions such as Closing Down/Tackling 1 by 1 where before I could just highlight using Ctrl/Shift and be done with in about 3 clicks. Oh and the team selection frustrations which have been mentioned by other people above.

Another annoying thing is when you go to the drop-down calendar and try to click on the arrow to Go Holiday or whatever, the box keeps snapping back and forth sometimes before letting you click it. :rolleyes:

Don't really get why youth team coaches always want senior team bonuses in their contracts. I really feel as if you could make this better.

For example, I'm trying to sign an u18 coach for my Milan team but he is asking for 5k if the senior team qualifies for the Champions League. Why? That competition has nothing to do with him. He should be getting bonuses for what the youth team do, not what the senior team does (he has no control over the players I bring into the seniors.) Maybe try to include more realistic bonuses such as wining youth team competitions etc.

• Administrators
Don't really get why youth team coaches always want senior team bonuses in their contracts. I really feel as if you could make this better.

For example, I'm trying to sign an u18 coach for my Milan team but he is asking for 5k if the senior team qualifies for the Champions League. Why? That competition has nothing to do with him. He should be getting bonuses for what the youth team do, not what the senior team does (he has no control over the players I bring into the seniors.) Maybe try to include more realistic bonuses such as wining youth team competitions etc.

In real life very often the entire 'club' get bonuses for winning competitions, we've heard of instances where the tea-lady is rewarded when a team has won a major trophy. But I agree that it's something that could come in - however most clubs are more concerned with producing good players rather than winning specific youth tournaments.

Game crashed after inserting more than the 20th scouting instruction for 'Inter', while I was adding a second assignment for a scout. On the screen for informing chief scout no 'start assigment' button was available, i wasnt able to cancel the assignment also. After fe minutes FM crashed.

Starting as an unemployed manager with no coaching badges and sunday league reputation, I'm already getting offered jobs from Conference Premier sides. I manually applied for some jobs, and was offered both Wrexham and Braintree jobs within 2 days of attending interview. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I don't think teams on the cusp of League 2 would hire someone with no coaching badges, no previous managerial experience or with only sunday league playing experience. I manually applied for a couple of League 2 jobs, but was not offered an interview. Just thought I'd flag that up.

Game crashed after inserting more than the 20th scouting instruction for 'Inter', while I was adding a second assignment for a scout. On the screen for informing chief scout no 'start assigment' button was available, i wasnt able to cancel the assignment also. After fe minutes FM crashed.

PLEASE, report your issue here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/418-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Starting as an unemployed manager with no coaching badges and sunday league reputation, I'm already getting offered jobs from Conference Premier sides. I manually applied for some jobs, and was offered both Wrexham and Braintree jobs within 2 days of attending interview. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I don't think teams on the cusp of League 2 would hire someone with no coaching badges, no previous managerial experience or with only sunday league playing experience. I manually applied for a couple of League 2 jobs, but was not offered an interview. Just thought I'd flag that up.
How did your interviews go? Did you have to make a lot of promises or ask for less transfer/wage budgets?

How did your interviews go? Did you have to make a lot of promises or ask for less transfer/wage budgets?

Nothing out of the ordinary. Said I was happy with both transfer and wage budgets for Wrexham, and even asked for a higher wage budget at Braintree and I was still offered the job with no quarms. I didn't promise anything more than the expectations they outlined.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Said I was happy with both transfer and wage budgets for Wrexham, and even asked for a higher wage budget at Braintree and I was still offered the job with no quarms. I didn't promise anything more than the expectations they outlined.

If you believe this is an issie - that you shouldn't be able to get those jobs, especially by not promising much, then I'd suggest raising it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/434-Manager-Contracts-and-Job-Interviews

I know some of the guys looking at this area is keen for any feedback and anomalies.

One thing though - Do you have a save game from where they offer you the interview? If you do, it'll help. Upload it to the FTP server. From there, just tell them how to re-produce what you did to get the job offers.

Will there be a release day patch resolving some of the issues?

I don't think anyone could say for certain, as an issue could arise on release day with a planned patch that breaks the game and the patch has to be shelved. However, this is currently a beta period and changes will be getting made regularly based on information that is coming back to them, and typically there is a release day patch.

On another note, I'm enjoying the game so far, been playing a few different saves for a short period of time to try and get to grips with tactics. Went back to FM14 and looked up my instructions from tactics that work there and have brought them across. They flopped at Real Madrid but have worked convincingly well at Barca and Chelsea. Time to take up the challenge further down the leagues and see where further improvements can be made.

i totally agree on that.

Me too... I don't know what the reasoning was but in this state it's a big step-down from FM 14.

The tactics screen is probably one of the most important in the game and therefore I hope they are working on it before the release date.

Raise the issue on our bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/422-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

But players will react badly if they've seen you sell someone they view as a hot prospect for the club.

I wonder how close it to reality? Did MU squad go all mad and stopped playing when they sold Cristiano Ronaldo? Same thing when they sold Welbeck?

Did Barcelona squad go crazy when they sold Pique?

Not sure if this should be reason for strong unhappiness.

Good stuff so far, looking forward to see how good this gets once it's a little more polished

Pros

- I was against the new UI, but after playing for about 4 hours, I actually quite like it.

- Even though the information is similar, I found it easier to understand my tactic and make tweaks to it.

- The ME seems quite good, barring the aforementioned keeper issue, I liked the 3d however I usually go commentary only so not a major for me personally.

- Player interactions, Media (in the tunnel!) seems enhanced and I quite like it

- I like how I can click on the sections of the Training Happiness pie chart to take me to a list of players who are happy/unhappy/content

- Actually seems quicker at processing days, as stated there is a slight issue with this so I'm keen to see how fast it goes once patched

- Scouting overhaul is going to make challenges like Dafuge's much tougher, which is a welcome addition

- Remove & Exclude in the contract negotiations. Brilliant, I can finally stop players asking for a minimum release fee clause :)

Cons :-

- I had a crash (raised in the appropriate forum)

- This one is a tad difficult to explain, however - When watching the game in commentary only, with the overview screen up, if we score, the goal update is added to the Latest Score's panel, before the commentary has involved me of a goal. The difference is about .5 of a second but is very noticeable. Additionally, if I score a goal that is offside, it doesn't show on the Latest Score's panel, so I know if a goal is ruled out or not, not major but does subtract from the immersion & suspense at times.

- Tactics screen could do with some work, I quite liked being able to drag players to their positions and find that the drop down menu slows the process down.

- When in-match, if I want to make a substitution, when dragging the sub from the list of subs, to the player I want him to replace, there is a lag on the number icon, it lags behind my cursor

- News screen needs work, it seems out of place compared to all other screens, it's basically the same as last years edition and is way to bright and feels cluttered. If you insist on keeping the coloured boxes, perhaps separate them more

Overall, a very good Beta release :)

You're wrongly assuming they only started yesterday. I would imagine that in-house testing is well ahead of the public beta on this one.

Oh, I'm sure. But SI's track record of not having match engine issues persist through the first three or more months of launch is, uh, less than stellar. I appreciate it's a very finicky process with a crazy amount of interrelatedness and knock-on effects, but every year there are appreciable issues on launch day that don't get resolved until the second or third major patch.

Really? As a Man Utd fan I don't remember a crisis within the club whey they've let Pogba go. One could make a case that the opposite happened.

Early impressions are good. However an existing bug from fm14 still exists - the customisable menus still do not work when you try to add columns. Quite often it takes a lot of patience to get all of the columns to view, and often it proves impossible to show some of them.

Hopefully this will get sorted.

It wasn't just FM14. In pretty much every FM I can remember, adjusting columns was a risky business with sudden mouse acceleration and columns disappearing into other columns. In this version, it seems that once a column has gone off the screen to the right, you don't get the resizing cursor to drag it out again, like you could in previous versions.

The new UI is just incredibly frustrating, worst for me is the opposition instructions page where now I need to assign instructions such as Closing Down/Tackling 1 by 1 where before I could just highlight using Ctrl/Shift and be done with in about 3 clicks. Oh and the team selection frustrations which have been mentioned by other people above.

Another annoying thing is when you go to the drop-down calendar and try to click on the arrow to Go Holiday or whatever, the box keeps snapping back and forth sometimes before letting you click it. :rolleyes:

Also, the scrollboxes no longer let you change their contents by scroll the mouse-wheel over them.

If you believe this is an issie - that you shouldn't be able to get those jobs, especially by not promising much, then I'd suggest raising it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/434-Manager-Contracts-and-Job-Interviews

I know some of the guys looking at this area is keen for any feedback and anomalies.

One thing though - Do you have a save game from where they offer you the interview? If you do, it'll help. Upload it to the FTP server. From there, just tell them how to re-produce what you did to get the job offers.

Cheers, I've now made a thread, and yes I have a save available if they want it from when the Wrexham job becomes available.

It is slightly annoying that it breaks up teamwork and work rate on the attributes panel, yes, we agree.

Not as much annoying as breaking up creativity and decisions :D Does attributes have to be alphabetically sorted, couldn't you leave Vision next to Decisions?

• SI Staff

I have to say, if the keeper issues are sorted (and thus the crazy scorelines), this will be the best ever FM for me. Considering for me FM 2007 is still the best (for the timeline when it was released), this is quite a bold statement.

UI I hate at the moment, but I've hated every UI change, dare-say when I get used to it I'll love it. Doing a holiday save to check out the long term stability, but so far, so good!

• Administrators
Game looks great, but as a Norwegian i really miss the Strømsgodset wonderkid, Martin Ødegaard! He should be in the game.

Can't be in for legal reasons, feel free to add him when the editor when it's released on release day.

Archived