Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

• Administrators
can anyone help with this?

That's fine and as it should be. Is it causing errors in your game?

SRL88 - the folder he's looking at is within the Steam install, not either of the folders you've said.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Elliott, as mentioned previously, our injury levels are actually slightly lower than real life levels. This is either bad luck or the result of a harsh training regime. Is Antenucci injury prone perhaps?

I have training set with the focus as team cohesion and average intensity so I don't think that should be pushing them too hard? Players are complaining about not getting enough individual attention but no one has complained about the workload yet. Is it the natural fitness attribute that affects injury proneness? If so, Antenucci has 15 for natural fitness so it must just be bad luck he's had so many injuries!

Thanks for the reply by the way, it is appreciated.

No, but i'm willing to post my concerns here. I only just saw how active you are in this thread right now, which i appreciate.

http://puu.sh/cnYyJ/8196564ee9.jpg

Here we have FM14, on the right side i can access everything i need to create and manage my tactics. I have direct visual feedback and can change things with a few clicks and imagine easily how it will play out. All the other options are on the right side too so that i can switch around fast and without making long ways with my mouse (it sounds ridiculous but that has a huge impact on feeling comfortable with an UI). On the left side i can look at player information and look at my squad structure, can see who is fit or needs match fitness or is injured to organize my substitutes. This was great UI design if you ask me and maybe SI didn't know how functional there tactical screen already was.

http://puu.sh/cnYLU/f2867eb38c.jpg

Here is the new UI. The first thing that we see, and the most annoying thing is that almost all functionality has been stripped from the tactical visualization. I can still click on it and change things but as all directly visible information has been passed to the right side it's tiresome and inefficient, so the right screen is basically useless. But the shift to the left side has taken away all the space to display information, just look how much space every player takes up, i can fit much less players on the screen without scrolling than in FM14

http://puu.sh/cnZcv/515964920d.jpg

Here's a side-to-side comparison. On the right side we have efficient use of space: Roles, duties, team instructions, mentality, substitutes etc+ Visualization (!). On the left side we have bloated space, weird icons (those circle icons are really bad, i have to look very close to see the difference between almost full and full) and there is no way to see the stats + the stats that the role requires.

This might seem small and i know that i will adapt to it but it's an unneccessary step back, i hope i could explain what bothers me about it.

I have to completely agree ... the new Tactics screen is horrid to work with.

Here are my gripes with it currently:

No indicators as to role and duty on the field screen.

Having to read through the list on the left to find a specific position's role/duty. Text overload and it is too compressed to easily read.

Pick player only shows anyone with 'green' competence in a position. So useless for setting players out of position.

Unable to set a position directly for the player on the '-' button/field.

This makes it hard on small screens to select substitutes. Especially for training matches.

Unable (AFAIK) to customize 'Pick Player' view.

Pick Player view. Needs a column for selected position. It is a mess for substitute selection before the game. Or at least filter out players already in the starting eleven.

Also if you sort on a column, that selection is not saved for next substitute.

I just don't understand the concept of having the selection list on top of your roster. It was much easier to deal with in the FM14 screen. Especially if you have a long roster (or show U21/18 squads).

Games:

Still wayyyyy too many bad back passes that end up as a corner kick. Often unprovoked. This has been an issue at least since FM13.

Not all corners are shown on Comprehensive. In FM14 corners were always shown on Comprehensive and Extended.

The players still look like they skate on ice. Often they can't stop and continue a meter or 3 past a player, then stop and turn to face him.

UI:

Customizing views is still a mess and have been for several years. Basically since they were introduced. I think I have reported problems with them since FM11 or something like that. Resizing columns is still a huge chore, and often added columns don't show up afterwards. This I will report in the bug forum as I have an example of that.

That's fine and as it should be. Is it causing errors in your game?

SRL88 - the folder he's looking at is within the Steam install, not either of the folders you've said.

thanks very much Neil - just wanted to double check is it because its BETA or will it be like this in the full game?

We actually have slightly too few shots when compared with real life numbers (though it's marginal). Shot accuracy is pretty much spot on when compared to real life figures as well.

This has always bugged me in every FM i have played since i can remember. I mean i can understand in LLM if players miss open goals and make bad shooting decisions but at the very top its alarming how many times a top player makes the worst shorting decision, about which foot to use and where to shoot, most of the time if they are central they shoot it straight at the keeper or if wide in the side net. Also they like using their weaker foot if cutting inside no matter what PPM or attributes they have.

Something I'm finding annoying is that drop down menus don't seen to operate consistently. With some I can click on the drop down to keep it open while I negotiate the next drop down but others keep closing if my cursor wanders off the precise place. The one that was particularly irritating me was 'Make Available for Under 21s> Until Match Fit>For X Minutes. I keep losing them all and having to re-open them one after another, then my cursor slips off the menu & they all disappear, start over. I'd really like it to be that if a drop down has sub-menus I can always click on the first to keep it open while negotiating the sub menu.

CONSTRUCTIVE feedback please.

I know you keep saying this Neil, and it's important to ensure that this is a feedback thread and not a headless-chicken whine thread. But isn't the "x is terrible" a tacit comparison between the way that things have worked for umpteen versions and how they are now in FM15?

If this is the first version of FM then it can be argued that more explanatory feedback is a boon. As it's the nth iteration then it's obviously bad in comparison to the older versions and, as SI know what they've changed, then you also know what particular elements are considered bad. "They've changed it now it sucks" as the trope goes.

tl;dr the answer to "what's wrong" is "all the UI stuff that's different to FM14". Damn you muscle memory.

Just a quick post to say that the new change to how the lineups are displayed in a formation is brilliant. Instead of having them in a perfectly straight line, in the Favourite Formation bit and the tactics screen, the defensive/deep-lying layers are slightly deeper than the attacking player.

This now conveys a ton more information about a formation just by visually looking at it. I know that this isn't the biggest change or anything but that little thing is so genius in how it conveys information that I thought I'd mention it.

Also, there still seems to be no borderless windowed mode which is a real pain for multi-screen users.

I think the tactic doesn't work. I've set it to short passes, retain position, play out of defence and defenders very often plays long balls to the striker. And it seems to me, there are too many long balls, I just want to settle on the opposition's side and play short passes, like it was in 14 with the same tactic.

2 things I feel important enough to me to mention, even if they might not be important to everyone else.

1. I would really like the roles to be indicated on the pitch layout on the tactics screen like they were last year. I don't even need an option to change them there, it's just too much cross-referencing with the list for my liking. It would help to get a better overview of my tactics to be able to see that at a glance.

2. The touchline camera angle, which I prefer, doesn't move as far down the pitch as it used to, so that corner kicks take place on the very edge of the screen. This is particularly jarring when I come out of simulation to corner kick.

I'm not 100% sure how I can be constructive and help you fix the issue...

But I can say that there is a lot of "crosses" that always seem to be described by the commentary as "He almost got lucky with that" or "He certainly didn't mean that"

Doesn't seem very realistic to me the amount it happens.

Also a lot of the players toes seem to be pointing inwards as if they all have a dodgy walking stance.

I have 2 questions please:

1. how do you find your subscriptions?

2. why is there a real lack of international teams you can manage? I've got exact same setup as FM14, with large db, and yet it shows only 5 nations on the job security page, whereas on fm14 there were around 30/40?

someone please help?

I think the tactic doesn't work. I've set it to short passes, retain position, play out of defence and defenders very often plays long balls to the striker. And it seems to me, there are too many long balls, I just want to settle on the opposition's side and play short passes, like it was in 14 with the same tactic.

Please upload a.pkm to the FTP and log a bug in the tactics forum giving examples where this happens.

Is there anyway to stop it going to the 'headlines' page when i click continue sometimes?

Yes.

If you go FM -> Preferences -> Interface -> Screen Flow you can uncheck 'Visit News Screen Automatically'

This will stop you from being taken to the headlines screen automatically. Of course you can still access it manually if you want to.

Sorry for the delay in response!

• Administrators
I know you keep saying this Neil, and it's important to ensure that this is a feedback thread and not a headless-chicken whine thread. But isn't the "x is terrible" a tacit comparison between the way that things have worked for umpteen versions and how they are now in FM15?

If this is the first version of FM then it can be argued that more explanatory feedback is a boon. As it's the nth iteration then it's obviously bad in comparison to the older versions and, as SI know what they've changed, then you also know what particular elements are considered bad. "They've changed it now it sucks" as the trope goes.

I disagree, you need to explain WHY it's bad in comparison with older versions else the information is essentially useless.

Are there players available to receive the passes within the range and risk level set?

• Administrators
2 things I feel important enough to me to mention, even if they might not be important to everyone else.

1. I would really like the roles to be indicated on the pitch layout on the tactics screen like they were last year. I don't even need an option to change them there, it's just too much cross-referencing with the list for my liking. It would help to get a better overview of my tactics to be able to see that at a glance.

2. The touchline camera angle, which I prefer, doesn't move as far down the pitch as it used to, so that corner kicks take place on the very edge of the screen. This is particularly jarring when I come out of simulation to corner kick.

If you have a mouse wheel, if you roll it out does it zoom out?

I have 2 questions please:

1. how do you find your subscriptions?

2. why is there a real lack of international teams you can manage? I've got exact same setup as FM14, with large db, and yet it shows only 5 nations on the job security page, whereas on fm14 there were around 30/40?

1. If you go to your Inbox, there's 3 tabs - Inbox, Headlines and Subscriptions. Select Subscriptions. This is where 'Manage Subscriptions' from previous versions are now located.

2. Could you post about this here please? If you could state the exact setups etc. we can look into this. Cheers.

Yes.

If you go FM -> Preferences -> Interface -> Screen Flow you can uncheck 'Visit News Screen Automatically'

This will stop you from being taken to the headlines screen automatically. Of course you can still access it manually if you want to.

Sorry for the delay in response!

About the headlines page...

Will the colors be removed from the news headers?

And about the Screen Flow...

Can we have the option "matchday" for minimum interval when it comes to competitions?

About the headlines page...

Will the colors be removed from the news headers?

And about the Screen Flow...

Can we have the option "matchday" for minimum interval when it comes to competitions?

These are UI specific questions/feature suggestions - please post them here where someone more familiar with these areas should be able to respond. Thanks.

Can't be doing with reading 9 pages to see if anyone's raised this, so....

Take it as read that I like stuff I don't mention...

I don't like

- Not seeing roles and duties in tactic graphic

- Not seeing TI's in tactic overview

- Not being able to create a view for use when giving OI's

- why do I have black stars on my own players - I can understand on day 1, but I'm a month into my save now and the AM still hasn't updated the star rating. Surely he should have an accurate assessment by now?

That's it for now :)

If you have a mouse wheel, if you roll it out does it zoom out?

Yes, and it helps get everything on the screen, but I do prefer it to be zoomed in generally, and even beyond that, it just kinda makes the viewing angle on corners seem wonky, since you're not really looking down at the players at that point, but looking at them a bit sideways.

This has always bugged me in every FM i have played since i can remember. I mean i can understand in LLM if players miss open goals and make bad shooting decisions but at the very top its alarming how many times a top player makes the worst shorting decision, about which foot to use and where to shoot, most of the time if they are central they shoot it straight at the keeper or if wide in the side net. Also they like using their weaker foot if cutting inside no matter what PPM or attributes they have.

Have you not seen Balotelli this season then??

• Administrators
Using player search and specifying attributes eg "Vision is more than 15" yields results with that attribute of a value less than 15.

While we're on the topic of Vision, the placement of it and it's replacement of Creativity is really not appreciated.

Can you please raise this here for me? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/427-All-Other-Issues

A few people here quoted my post, saying that they agree with me. If you ask for constructive criticism (especially on the UI) it would be nice to hear your point too and maybe explain why the things we say are wrong or why the Tactical UI has actually been improved.

I am so far impressed with fm15 :). I have started with Hearts and 1st league game was Rangers away and we were 3 up by half time!! Brilliant manager or is the game a tad easy at this stage?

Also i can understand why some would not like the new UI and the tactics screen, but for what its worth i really like it, to me everything is in the right place and when it comes to making tactic changes i find that it's making me think a little more about my decisions which is certainly a good thing!!

Hope that makes sense

While we're on the topic of Vision, the placement of it and it's replacement of Creativity is really not appreciated.

It is slightly annoying that it breaks up teamwork and work rate on the attributes panel, yes, we agree.

However it was an essential change as it was misleading and not entirely correct. It now accurately reflects what that attribute relates to.

• Administrators
A few people here quoted my post, saying that they agree with me. If you ask for constructive criticism (especially on the UI) it would be nice to hear your point too and maybe explain why the things we say are wrong or why the Tactical UI has actually been improved.

If we get a chance, someone from the UI team can hopefully do so, but obviously we're very busy at this moment in time. Thanks.

We are aware of some performance issues some users are encountering. What resolution is your machine running in? Have you tried on medium settings? How does it run on medium?
This wasn't for me, but I'll answer anyway. On FM14 I played with Very High, had no performance problems. Now I have to go to Medium, which runs like a dream but looks awful. This year Low looks almost better. For some reason the colors with Medium setting are insanely bright, higher and lower settings both have much more realistic colors.

EDIT: I know this is just a beta, but still.

• Administrators
This wasn't for me, but I'll answer anyway. On FM14 I played with Very High, had no performance problems. Now I have to go to Medium, which runs like a dream but looks awful. This year Low looks almost better. For some reason the colors with Medium setting are insanely bright, higher and lower settings both have much more realistic colors.

EDIT: I know this is just a beta, but still.

You on a Mac per chance?

Also I don't quite understand why you have changed the tactics screen so drastically.

It was always very useful to be able to right click your players PKD status and it would assign them to the next open squad slot. This was particularly useful when choosing your substitutes as you could do it in 7 right clicks.

Now you have to left click then select your player, which is also difficult since it is hard to tell who hasn't already been selected yet...

If I go to left click a squad slot to add a player, and then filter the list by position, then when I go back to the list when choosing my next player/squad slot I have to filter the list by position again.

Lots of clicks now compared to very few before. I hope going back to the way it was previously is possible. Or atleast something inbetween the two.

Otherwise I think this is a very nice skin/layout compared to previous years.

http://puu.sh/coCfh/f8005289d7.jpg

Just noticed that the names are gone from this panel, always used it to see directly how my opponent is lined up and to see who is playing where. Would be nice if the names could return.

I'm sure it was a hover function for names & was numbers that showed, but anyway, agree that it's not there atm. Do I want it back..... undecided.

Also I don't quite understand why you have changed the tactics screen so drastically.

It was always very useful to be able to right click your players PKD status and it would assign them to the next open squad slot. This was particularly useful when choosing your substitutes as you could do it in 7 right clicks.

Now you have to left click then select your player, which is also difficult since it is hard to tell who hasn't already been selected yet...

If I go to left click a squad slot to add a player, and then filter the list by position, then when I go back to the list when choosing my next player/squad slot I have to filter the list by position again.

Lots of clicks now compared to very few before. I hope going back to the way it was previously is possible. Or atleast something inbetween the two.

Otherwise I think this is a very nice skin/layout compared to previous years.

Mentioned numerous times. I think it is something that collectively we would all like to see return.

Maybe this has been mentioned before. If so, I apologize. But I dislike the new fake club logos for the Premier League. I prefer the plain ones you had. The old plain ones, although fake, looked respectable and decent. Made me not care so much that they were fake. But the new ones just look like cheap rip-offs of the real ones. Just my opinion though.

Maybe this has been mentioned before. If so, I apologize. But I dislike the new fake club logos for the Premier League. I prefer the plain ones you had. The old plain ones, although fake, looked respectable and decent. Made me not care so much that they were fake. But the new ones just look like cheap rip-offs of the real ones. Just my opinion though.

well..just put logos in the game

I preferred the old ones, but then again I never stuck with them anyway. You could go to the 'Skinning Hideout' and find some logo's.

This UI is pretty frustrating.

I'd really like to see basic functionality like right clicking on sub or player removing them from that position. Sorry guys but having to do additional clicks (over 14) or moving my mouse from the right > left > right over is just a lesson in frustration.

The Ui is a real mixed bag, some of the new stuff is really good (scouting screen) but even that can be frustrating as there is a hotlink to positional attributes on the report screen , but no hotlink back to the report screen ( and backspace doesn't take you back either)

There just seems to be lots of blocks of empty space or solid colour and lots of scrolling and clicking to do features that were very well refined in FM14. Id also urge anyone interested a collapsible side bar that only displays icons and takes up very little space on the left to go post in http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/400217-Hiding-of-the-sidebar

I'd really like to see basic functionality like right clicking on sub or player removing them from that position. Sorry guys but having to do additional clicks (over 14) or moving my mouse from the right > left > right over is just a lesson in frustration.

Errrrrrgh. Must have mentioned it 20-30 times.

You can still do the right click on your main squad screen however.

Archived