Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

It's actually 5 promotions each from two groups of 10 to make a Prem of 30 teams who play each other once a season, 3 up 3 down after that.

Boring as hell tbh :)

I forgot about the change, that's me knocking Argentina off my leagues to manage in. I'll stick to Uruguay for now :D

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah. I started to win the games and now the board is ok with me again.

Brazil is a very nice league to play, but there's a few database mistakes that annoy me. One researcher must be a follower of Cruzeiro (I've noticed that since FM08, but there's a special thing that is annoying me now).

Cruzeiro play their games at Mineirão. Atlético play at Arena Independência (and then the big games goes to Mineirão, like the Libertadores final last year). The game set the "rent" for Mineirão at 1% for Cruzeiro and Atlético doesn't even play there. At Arena Independência, the rent is 10%.

In real-life things are different. Mineirão has a whooping 50% rent and Arena Independência has 5%. That's why Atlético prefers to play at Independência. To make Mineirão give the same amount of money, they have to double their prices (hey, it's only BIG matches) or to have double the audience (27k ppl at Mineirão equals to 13k ppl at Independência). But for FM15, Mineirão is always better.

Where should I post those issues? There are a few more.

Post the issues in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399784-Brazil-(Official)-Data-Issues

Am I missing something? What about FM15 allows you to do this in a way you couldn't on 14?

I've no idea if you could do it in FM14, my point is that it's obvious and simple to do in FM15 (that's playing FMC of course) :)

I forgot about the change, that's me knocking Argentina off my leagues to manage in. I'll stick to Uruguay for now :D

Yeh my South American setup now excludes Argentina with Mexico substituted plus Spain and Portugal to invigorate the transfer market.

Played around with the beta a bit last night. Love a lot of the polishing and new features. However, major gripes with:

- The new tactics screen is very bad from usability point of view. No overview of roles and mentality on screen, changing things around takes a lot of clicks. Making subs in match is a hassle.

- The grass in 2D looks absolutely horrifying.

- I'm missing the star-ratings in the player pop-up you get when hovering over the little 'i' icon next to player's name.

Tracksuit/tactical is a great idea, but if some of the attributes are totally useless (Judge Potential, Judge Ability) and some just way more important than others (Motivation) I must dislike it. Should the Assistant reports be replaced by your own ability-/potential estimates now that managers have Judge Potential and Judge Ability skills?

Tracksuit/tactical is a great idea, but if some of the attributes are totally useless (Judge Potential, Judge Ability) and some just way more important than others (Motivation) I must dislike it. Why cant the Assistant reports be replaced by your own ability-/potential estimates now that managers have Judge Potential and Judge Ability skills?

It actually explains on the selection screen what each category affects. The JP and JA are actually not that but knowledge - someone else posted here earlier that it reflects your own knowledge of players. Motivation affects team talks, Determination interaction with the board, etc. Click on the small "i" and you see an explanation.

It actually explains on the selection screen what each category affects. The JP and JA are actually not that but knowledge - someone else posted here earlier that it reflects your own knowledge of players. Motivation affects team talks, Determination interaction with the board, etc. Click on the small "i" and you see an explanation.

Ah. I must have missed that post. Never mind then. :)

Howdy, has anyone been able to get the new options for goalkeeping distrubution to work? I certainly cant, same goes with attackers preventing their goalkeeper from short distribution

Also some silly tranfer values - Simon Kjær to Southampton for 4.4£

Álvaro Arbeloa to Southampton for 975k£

My problems with the new tactics screen:

- It was more convenient to see all information about the tactical line-up on the pitch. now I have to look to the left and right of the tactics screen which is particularly annoying while creating a tactic.

- If I want to change players roles and duties on the pitch by left clicking on the player, I have to wait for the window to come in from the left, a bit annoying. If I want to change it by right-clicking its very convenient but I'd like to the see the players rating next to the roles I can choose (the stars not the circle-thingy!)

- Depending on some roles and duties players can overlap on the pitch which doesnt look nice.

- Now with the "circled star rating" it is much harder to see the rating of a player when changing his position/role. It's very hard to distinguish between e.g. a 3.5 and a 4 star rating. This way it is hard to see how good a player on different psoitions/roles is and to compare two different players for a speicific position/role. Please give us an option to see the star rating next to the positions (like it is still when subbing during a game).

- Related to the last point: If I open the player profile there is no possibility to see the ratings of the player on the different positions he can play. Yes, there is the overall rating /potential and you can see the positions he can play, but the "positions" box no longer shows the ratings on the different positions and roles. Now I have to open Overview -> Information to see this. But on that screen there is no possibility to compare it with your other players. This on the other hand I can do on the Repots -> Coach Report Screen, but there it is a bit annoying to change the position as I have to click on the current position and choose a different position from the list. I'd prefer to have a small pitch with the positions like in the Overview -> Informartion screen.

But beside the tactics screen (and the headlines which I dont use) the new interface is looking good. Also like the sidebar!

Also:

- When I go to my Under 19s oder Reserve Squad and I want to sort the table by a specific column: If I click on that column it will be sorted by the column left to the column I clicked on. Annoying and it is not possible to sort by the last one.

No, but i'm willing to post my concerns here. I only just saw how active you are in this thread right now, which i appreciate.

http://puu.sh/cnYyJ/8196564ee9.jpg

Here we have FM14, on the right side i can access everything i need to create and manage my tactics. I have direct visual feedback and can change things with a few clicks and imagine easily how it will play out. All the other options are on the right side too so that i can switch around fast and without making long ways with my mouse (it sounds ridiculous but that has a huge impact on feeling comfortable with an UI). On the left side i can look at player information and look at my squad structure, can see who is fit or needs match fitness or is injured to organize my substitutes. This was great UI design if you ask me and maybe SI didn't know how functional there tactical screen already was.

http://puu.sh/cnYLU/f2867eb38c.jpg

Here is the new UI. The first thing that we see, and the most annoying thing is that almost all functionality has been stripped from the tactical visualization. I can still click on it and change things but as all directly visible information has been passed to the right side it's tiresome and inefficient, so the right screen is basically useless. But the shift to the left side has taken away all the space to display information, just look how much space every player takes up, i can fit much less players on the screen without scrolling than in FM14

http://puu.sh/cnZcv/515964920d.jpg

Here's a side-to-side comparison. On the right side we have efficient use of space: Roles, duties, team instructions, mentality, substitutes etc+ Visualization (!). On the left side we have bloated space, weird icons (those circle icons are really bad, i have to look very close to see the difference between almost full and full) and there is no way to see the stats + the stats that the role requires.

This might seem small and i know that i will adapt to it but it's an unneccessary step back, i hope i could explain what bothers me about it.

Agree with you mate. Looks and feels horrible

The graphical improvements in the match day experience look very good indeed. I'm loving the effect of the improved ball physics, and the motion captures movements look excellent when the match video is played at fairly quick speed (at average speed it looks ridiculous, but who really has time or patience to play at average speed?). The game looks very promising. My first impression is that this is a good step forward from last year's game, which itself was very enjoyable.

The touchline shouts are an excellent addition and one I've longed for. Also, the tactical option of pressing extremely heavily seems to reflect well on teams that play this way in real life. The option to push high up and refuse the GK from starting from the back also is brilliant, a very good addition.

One gripe however is the new tactics screen, it's cumbersome to alter roles easily. This is something you should really be able to do very easily and quickly. As of now it doesn't feel intuitive. The UI in itself probably takes some time getting used to, it looks good at least and seems cleaner than before. I will say however it took me a lot of time to find the jobs tab, this was hidden under the staff menu somewhere, which doesn't seem right to me. It should come up when I click on my own profile.

The new scouting system I really, really like. On first impressions this is the biggest addition to the game.

Also disappointed there's no possibility of renegotiating transfers. Eg Divorck Origi's situation, he has been purchased by Liverpool but spends the season on loan at Lille. Here I'd like the possibility of renegotiating a done deal, so as to if need be bring him to the club immediately if the situation requires it.

For a beta, I have to say I'm very impressed so far, even if I've only played a couple of hours. I'm looking forward to exploring further - this year's game seems to have big, big potential. Well done SI.

So far so good but really dont like the sqaud selection on tactics page, it was so much easier to pick your squad and subs in previous versions.

imo this could be the best version of FM ever if they sort out this issue. Everything else is top class.

That's not correct, the team that finished 4th, should have be placed in the Euro Cup. Can you raise this in the bugs forum, cheers.

While 6 is impossible , you're also wrong I believe.

A nation can have 5 teams in the CL now if the winners finish outside their nations respective qualifying places. It's only in the unlikely scenario that the Cl and Europa winners come from England and finish outside the top 4 that teh 4th place team would have to drop their place.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/23/uefa-champions-league-europa-league

pre ordered it on October 6th but yet to receive email with download link, help please!

Contact your retailer.

pre ordered it on October 6th but yet to receive email with download link, help please!

You'll have to take this up with the company you bought the game from, assuming that they were part of the beta scheme.

• Administrators
I noticed two things so far that need attention: 1--Analysis screens do not list the players names (no space for them). 2-Highlight replays have REVERSAL camera greyed out (can not use it).

Also, not happy with the change of the lineup selection screen, at all. FM14 was so much clearer.

Okay please raise the issues here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

Thanks.

Why does SI spend so much time every year to redesign the UI, when that really isn't necessary. They could have improved so many other things in the game instead of wasting their time on reinventing the wheel.

Player overview screen - it would be great to be able to choose panel with scout's opinion of estimated cost and salary demands. Too much switching between screens.

• Administrators
First crash dump has nailed me!! lol

Actually not seeing to many problems considering its a beta? Very impressed!

Can you please raise the issue here so we can look into it? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/418-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Thanks!

• Administrators
First two games friendly with real madrid... tactic 4-1-2-2-1 against chelsea 0-6, against arsenal 0-4?? i choose sunday league manager... i dont know what is the problem with that big losses...

With a Sunday League rep, the players won't really be listening to you that much as they won't respect you. I'd also suggest your tactics were quite open and attacking thinking to have been caught out that many times.

• Administrators
Why does SI spend so much time every year to redesign the UI, when that really isn't necessary. They could have improved so many other things in the game instead of wasting their time on reinventing the wheel.

Some people really like the new UI, some don't. I'd suggest giving it a chance before making up your mind fully. Thanks.

Deleting posts that highlight the same bug that's been introduced for the last 3 versions of the game I see. Highlighting bugs, is that not the point of the beta?

If you've found a bug, please report it in the bugs forum. If you're going to leave feedback here, keep it constructive.

Player overview screen - it would be great to be able to choose panel with scout's opinion of estimated cost and salary demands. Too much switching between screens.

Last year, the UI was almost exactly the same as the previous version, and people moaned that the game didn't look different enough to pay full price for. So now we have a new UI, and people want the old one back :D.

I don't know is it even possible to change tactic screen drastically but as it is now, I have to say it is really horrible. That's my only complaint about the beta. It looks great but tactic screen needs major revamp really..hopefully the issue will be adressed. Picking subs is especially annoying with this pop up window and scrolling and players jumping up and down on the list for some reason..I don't even understand what the hell is happening :rofl:

Last year, the UI was almost exactly the same as the previous version, and people moaned that the game didn't look different enough to pay full price for. So now we have a new UI, and people want the old one back :D.

Also there's a specific UI team so it doesn't detract from development elsewhere.

My initial impression of the new "wide playmaker" and "inverted wing back" roles is they don't really do what they say in the description. The descriptions make them sound like they'll sit around where a central player would when the side has the ball and fall back wide when they lose it, however in reality they only sit slightly narrower than the other roles available for their position, if at all. In fact I just had a match where the non-inverted wingback's average position was actually visibly narrower than the inverted one!

If these roles are working as intended then perhaps the descriptions need to remove references to them playing centrally, in particular the inverted wing back explicitly says that he will act as a "central midfielder when attacking", which he clearly does not.

My initial impression of the new "wide playmaker" and "inverted wing back" roles is they don't really do what they say in the description. The descriptions make them sound like they'll sit around where a central player would when the side has the ball and fall back wide when they lose it, however in reality they only sit slightly narrower than the other roles available for their position, if at all. In fact I just had a match where the non-inverted wingback's average position was actually visibly narrower than the inverted one!

If these roles are working as intended then perhaps the descriptions need to remove references to them playing centrally, in particular the inverted wing back explicitly says that he will act as a "central midfielder when attacking", which he clearly does not.

There is still an issue with the inverted wingback and SI is working on it. PKMs of this player not performing his duties are always welcome though.

3 years and B teams in Portugal are NOT FIXED....

I read not long ago that it isn't possible to exactly model the way they operate given the way the game is coded, so all you can do is add it to the wishlist as it's obviously a major coding job.

• Administrators
3 years and B teams in Portugal are NOT FIXED....

This was discussed prior to release about how the exact same system with B-teams in Portugal cannot be replicated at this time. We're aware of the issue and if at any point in the future we can resolve it we will. To enable players to play matches for the B-teams the players need to physically be moved into the squad for matches.

Archived