Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

It's not possible to Play with windowed mode on a 4k Monitor . I can not make it full screen. The Windowed mode in 4k is only covering 60-70% of the screen. And when i try to make it in resolution 1920x1080 then it doesnt let me activate the windowed mode at all.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Anyone have any idea on this?

Have the first squads been selected for the first international fixtures? Basically if there's not been any game, then the squads may not be filled until there's one they get called up for.

• Administrators
It's not possible to Play with windowed mode on a 4k Monitor . I can not make it full screen. The Windowed mode in 4k is only covering 60-70% of the screen. And when i try to make it in resolution 1920x1080 then it doesnt let me activate the windowed mode at all.

Okay please raise it on our bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

This was discussed prior to release about how the exact same system with B-teams in Portugal cannot be replicated at this time. We're aware of the issue and if at any point in the future we can resolve it we will. To enable players to play matches for the B-teams the players need to physically be moved into the squad for matches.

It's not only that cant set team training, individual training, buy/"sell" coaches for B teams the training facilities are lower league level when in reality B team shares training facilities with A team

bold is fixed :applause:

• Administrators
It's not only that cant set team training, individual training, buy/"sell" coaches for B teams the training facilities are lower league level when in reality B team shares training facilities with A team

bold is fixed :applause:

As said we're aware of the issues involved with B-teams in Portugal, but the only way we could have fixed it for this version would have meant the sides would be unmanageable.

Anyone else finding that the engine classes every goal as a wondergoal?

Don't know if this has been brought up but I've scored about 8 goals classed as amazing goals after 4 games :D

Though I'm glad long shots are more useful than previous years, makes the long shot stat important finally.

Played around with the beta a bit last night. Love a lot of the polishing and new features. However, major gripes with:

- The grass in 2D looks absolutely horrifying.

This.

It's like... I'm not sure. It's like you're playing on moss (playing as Shrewsbury Town in League Two. We have a top pitch). The green is so bright it's almost luminous, as though it's been sponsored by the Incredible Hulk or something.

2zjgspg.jpg

Please tweak this. Not everyone enjoys playing 3D matches (indeed not everyone's PCs can handle 3D suitably).

So this is seriously a design flaw, not a bug? Ridiculous. Where's the realism in not being able to ask anyone who plays in a similar position to tutor the kids?

I don't want my talented wide playmaker to be tutored by old, slow, inept wingers!

LOL that's like saying you don't want Pepe coaching your football team haha

Is it intended that, when looking at the match preview or opposition instructions screens, you can see from the oppositions formation which players have attack/support/defend duties by looking at their position on the pitch relative to each other? So for example when there are two strikers, one is sitting deeper than the other thus you know he is support and the other is attack?

Howdy, has anyone been able to get the new options for goalkeeping distrubution to work? I certainly cant, same goes with attackers preventing their goalkeeper from short distribution

Also some silly tranfer values - Simon Kjær to Southampton for 4.4£

Álvaro Arbeloa to Southampton for 975k£

Hi Goose, some of these instructions still require tweaking. Can you let us know which ones are causing you trouble here please: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Really enjoying FM 2015 beta so far except for a few things. For example opposition instructions set before match seems to disappear in the course of action.

Not entirely sure what you mean by this one? If you believbe it to be a bug could you please report it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

I have a complaint that's been relevant ever since... I can remember, really. I didn't want to pollute the forum and create a thread so please hear me out on this, as I think I'm being reasonable. Anyway, the problem is that in the penalty box, i.e. really close to goal, any player's tendency to shoot far outweighs their possibility of making a killer pass to a wide-open teammate. Sometimes there are even 2 or 3 players in a far better position, open goal in front of them, but the player with the ball always, ALWAYS tends to shoot. It seems that, from a programming point of view, the devs must have divided the areas into where players cross from, which works great, because out wide they do cross and they do obey instructions, i.e. cut inside, cross early etc. Butwhen the area isn't defined (the player can be anywhere, as long as it's close to goal), they lose focus and their decision to shoot always prevails. What I'm talking about is when he's literally 5-10 yards away from goal, with 2 teammates open to his side (no one marking them) - he shoots. He always shoots. Sometimes from impossible angles. Surely you would agree that it's weird. It's been that way in 2014, 2013, 2012 and as far as I can remember. I would say 8 out 10 - he shoots. Please look into that and maybe fix something. Surely you can't expect me to assign every attacking player the "Shoot Less" instruction, as it's for balls that are further away. Any sane player, no matter the instructions, should be able to recognise a teammate in a better position, in from of open goal, when only a simple sideways pass is necessary.

Complaint number two, this time about FM 2015. I signed Sven Bender for Chelsea and Fabregas immediately started flipping out and wanted to talk to me about his place being in danger. I chose the "I'm changing tactics and I need you onboard" option and he decided to look for another club. All within two days of the season beginning. Two things wrong: they are clearly different players, they won't even compete. Bender is more defensive (a DM), Fabregas is more offensive. And the other thing is that Fabregas has just arrived, he can't leave two days after being bought. The game would't let me sell him anyway this early into his Chelsea career.

Thank you!

Thanks Zodiak. Examples of this would be much appreciated, then we can have a look at what's going on: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

I don't know is it even possible to change tactic screen drastically but as it is now, I have to say it is really horrible. That's my only complaint about the beta. It looks great but tactic screen needs major revamp really..hopefully the issue will be adressed. Picking subs is especially annoying with this pop up window and scrolling and players jumping up and down on the list for some reason..I don't even understand what the hell is happening :rofl:

This, i've given up playing as I dislike it that much. I couldn't really understand what was happening. Still baffles me how things like this happen.

Not bad, not bad. However first game pre season Bristol rovers Vs Plymouth, Bristol in blue and white checks, Plymouth in green and white stripes, almost impossible to tell the teams apart without being two inches from the screen, so no idea how well my team played to my tactical set-up.

New menu set-up is not very intuitive but I guess that it will improve with familiarity. I hope more than the dark skin will be available, I know a lot of people like it but I’m not keen I find it a strain on the eyes.

First two games friendly with real madrid... tactic 4-1-2-2-1 against chelsea 0-6, against arsenal 0-4?? i choose sunday league manager... i dont know what is the problem with that big losses...

If you've set yourself as a Sunday League Manager you may be struggling to get the players playing for you Marko. If you're managing Real Madrid I'd recommend choosing a higher level of previous experience, or you will find things incredibly difficult.

Not bad, not bad. However first game pre season Bristol rovers Vs Plymouth, Bristol in blue and white checks, Plymouth in green and white stripes, almost impossible to tell the teams apart without being two inches from the screen, so no idea how well my team played to my tactical set-up.

New menu set-up is not very intuitive but I guess that it will improve with familiarity. I hope more than the dark skin will be available, I know a lot of people like it but I’m not keen I find it a strain on the eyes.

Can you report that kit clash issue here please: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/421-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

My problems with the new tactics screen:

- It was more convenient to see all information about the tactical line-up on the pitch. now I have to look to the left and right of the tactics screen which is particularly annoying while creating a tactic.

- If I want to change players roles and duties on the pitch by left clicking on the player, I have to wait for the window to come in from the left, a bit annoying. If I want to change it by right-clicking its very convenient but I'd like to the see the players rating next to the roles I can choose (the stars not the circle-thingy!)

- Depending on some roles and duties players can overlap on the pitch which doesnt look nice.

- Now with the "circled star rating" it is much harder to see the rating of a player when changing his position/role. It's very hard to distinguish between e.g. a 3.5 and a 4 star rating. This way it is hard to see how good a player on different psoitions/roles is and to compare two different players for a speicific position/role. Please give us an option to see the star rating next to the positions (like it is still when subbing during a game).

- Related to the last point: If I open the player profile there is no possibility to see the ratings of the player on the different positions he can play. Yes, there is the overall rating /potential and you can see the positions he can play, but the "positions" box no longer shows the ratings on the different positions and roles. Now I have to open Overview -> Information to see this. But on that screen there is no possibility to compare it with your other players. This on the other hand I can do on the Repots -> Coach Report Screen, but there it is a bit annoying to change the position as I have to click on the current position and choose a different position from the list. I'd prefer to have a small pitch with the positions like in the Overview -> Informartion screen.

But beside the tactics screen (and the headlines which I dont use) the new interface is looking good. Also like the sidebar!

Also:

- When I go to my Under 19s oder Reserve Squad and I want to sort the table by a specific column: If I click on that column it will be sorted by the column left to the column I clicked on. Annoying and it is not possible to sort by the last one.

so much this.

Is there anyway to remove my Under 21 players from participating in youth games to gain match fitness.

I'm playing as Derby County and the core of our squad is U21 i.e. Will Hughes, Jordan Ibe, Omar Mascarell, Ivan Calero, Alefe Santos etc...

There's an option to limit the number of minutes they play but there's no option to withdraw them completely.

I only ask because they're playing in youth friendlies / youth league & cup games and getting injuries and actually becoming more tired from playing a few days before my first team league games and I want to find a way to stop them being involved.

I dislike that "l" and "i" look way too similar in the new title font - as you can see here, the dot of the "i" in "Dulwich" is too big for the space it's in, resulting in it appearing the same as the "l" without inspecting it really closely to see the roundedness of it. I suspect it's an unfortunate result of the weird way the letters are spaced out not leaving enough room for the dot in the squashed upper half of letters.

I think the game, in particular the match engine is fantastic and a real improvement on other years. However, my main gripe that I've seen from a lot of other people is that the tactics screen is quite cumbersome and makes it time consuming simply choosing your line up and subs etc. If this can be improved by the end of the beta then this could be the best fm for a long time. Saying that, I think the colours are a bit jarring on the new skin but that may be personal taste more than anything.

Personally I don't see why the roles and duties were removed from the pitch view. The extra text on the left of the screen looks cluttered IMO.

ScreenShot2014-10-23at204233_zps32ccda25.png

This is the only thing i don't like.

Why can't we change the players role on the tactic screen ?

I took me 2hours to make one tactic(trying to duplicate my FM14 tactic) . Some things were almost impossible to find.

Other thing i don't like on this screen is selecting my starting eleven and subs.. for my first pre season friendly i wanted to select my subs.. i had to scroll much to long to select all the players.

Clicking on the arrow 'v' next to the players we can choose who's playing where . when i'm picking my subs, alle the players selected in the starting eleven seem to be selectable again.. Maybe that is logic but it very hard to see who is already picked and who not in that 'sub' list..

I must admit I am really liking the new scouting system. No more can you scout a million players who might be interesting and get instant feedback on who to sign. Well, you can still get reports on as many players as you want, but you now have to really work out which players look promising and spend some time scouting them. This in turn - at least for me - is making me approach the transfer window in a much more measured way. Unless I know a player I want is available I will scout for a few weeks to get all the information before making my final decision.

Anyone else think there is too many shots, especially ones from long range that always go over

Yip, seems to be torrents of goals in most games. Plenty of games with scorelines like 6-2, 8-1, 4-4 about. My first game in charge was the community shield and that had 15 CCCs and ended 4-4. Bit OTT

Yip, seems to be torrents of goals in most games. Plenty of games with scorelines like 6-2, 8-1, 4-4 about. My first game in charge was the community shield and that had 15 CCCs and ended 4-4. Bit OTT

Read the first post in this thread perhaps?

Anyone else think there is too many shots, especially ones from long range that always go over

We actually have slightly too few shots when compared with real life numbers (though it's marginal). Shot accuracy is pretty much spot on when compared to real life figures as well.

Some people really like the new UI, some don't. I'd suggest giving it a chance before making up your mind fully. Thanks.

I am very open-minded for new things, it's just that I don't like to click more times for the same actions than was needed in FM14.

I must admit I am really liking the new scouting system. No more can you scout a million players who might be interesting and get instant feedback on who to sign. Well, you can still get reports on as many players as you want, but you now have to really work out which players look promising and spend some time scouting them. This in turn - at least for me - is making me approach the transfer window in a much more measured way. Unless I know a player I want is available I will scout for a few weeks to get all the information before making my final decision.

This is idd much more realistic .

The missing match speed slider is a big omission.

Having a permanently greyed-out fast forward button is pretty pointless, and if i want to skip through a section of highlights I have to open the settings pop-up which takes up 1/4 of the pitch!

Please put the speed controls back where they were.

Loving it so far, finding it really easy to navigate & it's visually great.

Started with Elgin & as OP mentions goalkeeping can be a bit poor, resulting in very high scoring matches (although I'm unbeaten in the league so feel free to keep it that way).

Is there any chance of the tactics screen actually being altered for FM15 now, or will our comments/opinions just affect future versions? It really does make hard work of something that was pretty much perfect in FM14.

Also, is anyone else finding that they are fitting less info boxes onto each page than 14? For example on the homepage, I usually like it set up with the league table, team stats, players stats, finances etc. Now there's not enough room to fit all the things I want on the page, unless I zoom out to 75% which makes the text tiny.

Is there any chance of the tactics screen actually being altered for FM15 now, or will our comments/opinions just affect future versions? It really does make hard work of something that was pretty much perfect in FM14.

Also, is anyone else finding that they are fitting less info boxes onto each page than 14? For example on the homepage, I usually like it set up with the league table, team stats, players stats, finances etc. Now there's not enough room to fit all the things I want on the page, unless I zoom out to 75% which makes the text tiny.

Id like this answered as well. If there wont be much official change this year then is this something that can be changed in user made skins? Ive never felt the need to look for user made skins before, but I find the tactic screen such a jarring experience from the user friendly one we had that its detracting from what looks like a really great game.

The new UI is okay but the tactics screen is a train wreck, no bones about it. I am watching my roommate play it and if it stays this way I will not be buying this game at all. Yeah, it is that bad that it is enough to keep me from buying it. This change was\rediculous... who in their right mind thought this was a good idea? It better be fixed in this version still! That sidebar also needs to be retractable.

Three main issues for me:

1 - The tactics screen. Done to death already, but it has gone backwards in terms of usability.

2 - The sidebar needs to be something we can change in preferences, it takes up too much room for my liking.

3 - General UI usability - a number of things take a lot more clicks than they used to, or can't be seen in one place as they could before.

There is a fourth, customising views on some screens does not work, but as that is a bug not a design choice I expect it to be fixed soon enough.

Archived