Do You Ever Go Back To A Club You Left?

I started a new career as Nottingham Forrest manager. I mnaaged to get promotion via the play-offs and managed to survived in my first premier league season by 1 point. I brought in a few good players and in my second season mnaaged a fantastic 9th place finish. In my following season we finished 12th, not a great improvement but it was clear we was an established Premier League team and that was good of course.

During this time though I started to get a little concerned by our 30,000 seat stadium. It just was not going to sustain continual investment into the team, and the clubs main sponsorships was not up for re-negotiation for another 2 seasons.

17 games into my next season and Aston Villa offered me an interview. They were stuck bottom of the league, and in complete disarray. Villa Park was a 51,000 seat stadium, and that attracted more than anything else. I was certain I could save them from relegation and was not expecting the toughest time I have ever had in an FM career. I did manage to save Villa from the drop with 2 games spare. It was tough and we were lucky to be fair. Not one great performance from my team at all.

I was so relieved the season had ended and the transfer window would soon be opening. I brought in some nice players including Daniel Sturridge. To cut it short, the season was so frustrating. After 10 games we had only won 1 of them. Moral was poor, form an abomination. Seriously toughest spell I have ever had in an FM game. But I stuck with it until end of season. We found some form last 14 games and finished 14th.

Then Di Matteo left Nottingham Forrest. I had such a good time there, a great relationship with fans and board. I smiled a lot at Forrest and got angry a lot at Villa. I decided to apply to go back to Forrest.

They accepted, I have returned to Forrest and have a big smile on my face. I am loiving this career full of ups and downs.

Do any of you go back to clubs you have left?

I forget to add how I got pay back over the Villa board, who kept threatening to sack me and would not listen to anything I said in the boardroom. Funnily enough Graham Taylor had brought the club and was chairman. Seconds before I left I placed our 19 year old newgen on the transfer list for £1m. His potential is fantastic. Anyway soon as I re-joined Forrest I snapped him up for £1m. Take take Graham Taylor. Good luck staying up this season. LOL

I started a new career as Nottingham Forrest manager. I mnaaged to get promotion via the play-offs and managed to survived in my first premier league season by 1 point. I brought in a few good players and in my second season mnaaged a fantastic 9th place finish. In my following season we finished 12th, not a great improvement but it was clear we was an established Premier League team and that was good of course.

During this time though I started to get a little concerned by our 30,000 seat stadium. It just was not going to sustain continual investment into the team, and the clubs main sponsorships was not up for re-negotiation for another 2 seasons.

17 games into my next season and Aston Villa offered me an interview. They were stuck bottom of the league, and in complete disarray. Villa Park was a 51,000 seat stadium, and that attracted more than anything else. I was certain I could save them from relegation and was not expecting the toughest time I have ever had in an FM career. I did manage to save Villa from the drop with 2 games spare. It was tough and we were lucky to be fair. Not one great performance from my team at all.

I was so relieved the season had ended and the transfer window would soon be opening. I brought in some nice players including Daniel Sturridge. To cut it short, the season was so frustrating. After 10 games we had only won 1 of them. Moral was poor, form an abomination. Seriously toughest spell I have ever had in an FM game. But I stuck with it until end of season. We found some form last 14 games and finished 14th.

Then Di Matteo left Nottingham Forrest. I had such a good time there, a great relationship with fans and board. I smiled a lot at Forrest and got angry a lot at Villa. I decided to apply to go back to Forrest.

They accepted, I have returned to Forrest and have a big smile on my face. I am loiving this career full of ups and downs.

Do any of you go back to clubs you have left?

Wit ton park a 51,000 sweater stadium, don't make me laugh

How did you do during your first spell man, and why did you leave and then coem back etc.

I just remembered i managed at Kilmarnock twice as well.

Started at kilmarnock. I had edited Bedford Town as a feeder club for loans and other benefits.

They shot up to league 1 in 4 straight promotions because they loaned my youngsters (even stole some with contract bosmans). They then stopped progressing.

After resigning from my second stint at kilmarnock (both time because of boredom there), I tried Bedford Town but I didn't settle down with them.

So I left after a month.

I also managed spain at some point here.

I left spain because I was doing OK, not Good , not Bad.

I was managing in spain later on in my save and planned on winning the world cup with my club teams players. That was short lived, As my club fell into financial trouble and I got Sacked.

After that, I went elsewhere.

then about 2029 in-game, Bedford Town was available. In my first week, Tycoon takes over. With a ridiculous budget, I signed up about 20 great youths. Another 2 promotions for them.

I resigned from that because I wanted to go back to Hellas Verona, a club i managed at for 7 years (2017-2024).

Bedford Town, started in the 7th tier i believe and now they are in the Prem.

It's 2038 now and they are still in the Premiership, good mid-table, but worth 1 billion.

My save is weird now.

I wouldn't leave a club until I had achieved what I wanted, which is usually a long term save to achieve domination...and after I had done that, what's the point in going back?

If I hadn't achieved it and I was sacked, I'd have too much pride to go back and the new aim would be to destroy them with whoever I was next.

I managed Wigan to 2 Europa Leagues and a Champions League in my first spell there. I wanted a title push but I just couldn't knock City off their perch or compete with their signings. I jumped ship to Udinese halfway through a season and won the Champions League (with the previous manager's team), but then this dream Serie A job crumbled into dust. I finished 9th the following season and got (rightly) fired.

The only job I could find was in Brazil with Corinthians. I was fired almost immediately. I then moved to Argentina and moseyed around in the lower leagues, eventually winning promotion and eventually the Sudamericana with a team called Olimpo. After that I jumped to Spain in search of something bigger and failed.

It was then I checked and saw the once mighty Wigan had been relegated to League 1! A mighty fall from grace. I jacked my failing career in and headed back; 10 years later I'd restored them to the European elite (but still kept my record of never actually winning a league). When I eventually left my second spell I was much more successful outside the UK. It's 2062 now and I've just noticed them struggling at the bottom of the EPL. I'm wondering if I should swoop back in for spell number 3.

I did a long save with P'Boro Utd on FM 2012, stayed for about 12 seasons got them to near the top but just couldnt make the final step, left to become England manager and learnt a bit more tactically, went back to The Posh with my new found tactical nouse and proceded to win the league in my 1st full season back in charge.

Just said in jest, no need to get so worked up.
I see. I am still confused. Are you saying Villa Park in my save is not 51,000 seater?

@ ManagerFootball

It's just as us Bluenoses don't like them Vilers very much lol..we have a massive rivalry..so that's what le_crab ment :lol::lol:

Archived