Anyone else frantically checking to see if the beta's up?

Open to interpretation :D

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Davey Boy viewpost-right.png

Well can you for sure say it won't be tonight so we can all go about our business?

Sadly not, as Miles tweeted a while back:

Nah that is saying he can not say,

Your taxi is here, quick escape the lynch mob.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well can you for sure say it won't be tonight so we can all go about our business?

You miss Miles quote on Neil's post

'It'll be approx 2 weeks before release. No announcement upfront. No firm date'

"Can you say for certain it won't be tonight?"

"Sadly not"

The bosses have not said it isn't tonight

It'll be approx 2 weeks before release. No announcement upfront. No firm date.

Not definitely not tonight then :p

"Can you say for certain it won't be tonight?"

"Sadly not"

The bosses have not said it isn't tonight

You could interpret that as "sadly no" meaning it won't be tonight. especially if you don't read Miles's Twitter feed which I certainly don't :)

You could interpret that as "sadly no" meaning it won't be tonight. especially if you don't read Miles's Twitter feed which I certainly don't :)

:-) Whatever the case, there's a lot of people enjoying BETA fever, so no harm done Kriss :-)

It's weird that you guys can't even say that it WON'T be tonight, so we can all move on and wait til tomorrow? It's like you want us all here asking every five minutes, get annoyed that we're asking so much, but yet don't tell us it isn't today so we can stop asking...it makes no sense really.

I really doubt the beta comes out the minute it's ready, with all guns blazing and Sigames, Steam and everyone else gets it done within the hour. Fair enough, you don't know when it will be released, but surely you know if it won't be today. I don't see the upside of having all of us here checking every five minutes. 99% of us here already bought the game.

S.I do often seem to treat their customers as little more than an annoyance that they have to put up with. They could do with a public relations course.

Uhm Miles just said on his Twitter that SI is not making a game next year...?

it was only a joke as he was replying to someone who said "perhaps nxt year tell ppl there won't be a beta, then just announce it when released. Save the hassle and questions :)"

S.I do often seem to treat their customers as little more than an annoyance that they have to put up with. They could do with a public relations course.

They've told you exactly as much as they know themselves, what more do you want.

How can you not understand that Beta release depends on final approval which can come in 20 minutes or 20 days.

I'm not lying when I say that even Miles can't tell you exactly when it will release :)

I don't know any other company that listens to it's fanbase and implements changes based on this more than SI do.

Whilst i understand they have to be careful, i fully agree that they should have a commitment to their customers to inform them that it definitely WON@T be a particular night. It was a little late in coming but Kriss has confirmed that now for tonight.

It's funny, just above a thread which seems to indicate that FM userbase is very senior in years to nmost games you have thread where everybody behaves like two year olds :saywhatnow:
That's only because when you get older, you take every opportunity you can to amuse yourself by acting like a child :)

They've told you exactly as much as they know themselves, what more do you want.

How can you not understand that Beta release depends on final approval which come come in 20 minutes or 20 days.

I'm not lying when I say that even Miles can't tell you exactly when it will release :)

So out of interest how can you "definitely" say it's not out tonight?

Is there a cut off time during the day/evening when it can/can't be released?

Just asking

So out of interest how can you "definitely" say it's not out tonight?

Is there a cut off time during the day/evening when it can/can't be released?

Just asking

TBH I can't by the same token Miles can't, but I have the utmost confidence that I'm correct.

It's funny, just above a thread which seems to indicate that FM userbase is very senior in years to nmost games you have thread where everybody behaves like two year olds :saywhatnow:

I think thats an unfortunate comment to customers Kriss

Whilst i understand they have to be careful, i fully agree that they should have a commitment to their customers to inform them that it definitely WON@T be a particular night. It was a little late in coming but Kriss has confirmed that now for tonight.

Kriss is old, he doesn't know for sure, none of us do..:kriss:

Archived