Sports Interactive Community
tyler16

Anyone else frantically checking to see if the beta's up?

I'm sorry but Miles has earnt the right to act however the hell he wants. I'm sure after 15+ years at the top youd take umbrage at some little grunt calling you all sorts. As long as he's directing the best game in its field Sega won't interfere

Give the Guy a Break, Year in Year out him and his team take abuse from morons saying "Player X is not rated Highly enough" "The game is too hard" "why should i pay " and other moronic crap !

Miles and his team are Legends who have an opinon and a right to voice it !

lets just get back to waiting for the release !

I used to work in a call centre for O2. I had to deal with irate customers every single day. If I lost my rag with them, I wouldn't avoid disciplinary action with a defence of "well you can't blame me. I was annoyed. I have an opinion and a right to voice it!". I'd be fired. Rightfully so.

I've heard through the grapevine that the beta will be released on Thursday November 6th

yes, I accept my warning/ban, it's FAR too easy :p

Can you act and react exactly how you want to when you're at work dealing with customers? Again, goes back to the still students in their bedrooms mentality. They're not. They're at work & they're representing a global company and dealing with its paying customers.

He's not at work though, it's his own personal Twitter account. As far as I'm concerned, he can talk to people how he likes on that. He's incredibly restrained given the nonsense he gets Tweeted from utter space cadets.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the guys on here are doing this right now out of sheer anticipation.

I've heard through the grapevine that the beta will be released on Thursday November 6th

yes, I accept my warning/ban, it's FAR too easy :p

uhh .. what?

i know this is abit off topic but how do i go about saving to the cloud/enabling it? i never managed to get it to work on FM14 but would really be useful for me

Really hope the Beta drops before the weekend, crappy weather + FM15 = weekend sorted

Errmagerd!!!

Feels like some sort of massive climactic tech splurge is occurring.

That came out wrong.

So did that.

That came out wrong.

So did that.

And the thread is back on track... :D

That came out wrong.

So did that.

<div style="max-width: 500px;" id="_giphy_LCzu6leGqisYU"></div><script>var _giphy = _giphy || []; _giphy.push({id: "LCzu6leGqisYU",w: 500, h: 343});var g = document.createElement("script"); g.type = "text/javascript"; g.async = true;g.src = ("https:" == document.location.protocol ? "https://" : "http://") + "giphy.com/static/js/widgets/embed.js";var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(g, s);</script>

No FM? Oh well, Beyond Earth it is for me for the next couple of weeks. I'll conquer a foreign planet first before I win the champions league. 6 hours to go!

He's not at work though, it's his own personal Twitter account. As far as I'm concerned, he can talk to people how he likes on that. He's incredibly restrained given the nonsense he gets Tweeted from utter space cadets.

Maybe every unreasonable person should be spoken to like that, and then we might get less unreasonable, idiotic people. You don't get to be an arse just because you pay for something.

Can you act and react exactly how you want to when you're at work dealing with customers? Again, goes back to the still students in their bedrooms mentality. They're not. They're at work & they're representing a global company and dealing with its paying customers.

No but it isn't the same. If I worked in Asda for example and I was stood in the bread aisle and 100 people were there and 5-6 asked the same question of "What date does that bread run out of date?" and then I said to them, "Ohhh...erm...27th of October" all the while the other 90+ were stood there listening (reading in twitters case) asked then every single one of them proceeded to ask me the exact same thing i'd probably just walk off but I can also see why it would get someone annoyed.

I used to work in a call centre for O2. I had to deal with irate customers every single day. If I lost my rag with them, I wouldn't avoid disciplinary action with a defence of "well you can't blame me. I was annoyed. I have an opinion and a right to voice it!". I'd be fired. Rightfully so.

Except he's CEO. He doesn't talk to us because he has to, he talks to us because he wants to. And now is his time that'll be most stressful for him. As long as he doesn't start insulting people, who cares?

or they found something that needs fixing, so expect delays. ;)

sorry, couldn't resist.

burn him at the stake

:D

Or they found something that needs fixing, so expect delays. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

"Roughly" 2 weeks might just as well be Monday.

"Roughly" 2 weeks might just as well be Monday.

Don't do this to my fragile heart. Haven't got any work done in the last 2 hours.

Really enjoying the banter in this thread and been clicking it religiously since yesterday.

Just wanted to say that I don't get the feeling of entitlement people have about the Beta-release. It's a bonus, you dindn't pay extra for it. It's not the game, it's beta-access. Stop with making this as somehow representative off how SI treats it's customers. SI have an excellent record of fan service (the only other studio that comes to mind is Paradox Interactive.) If you approach members of SI on their private twitter account, they have every right to treat you any way they want. I don't care when the Beta is here, I enjoythe anticipation. If it's before the weekend OK, if it's after also probably OK. I'd rather they spend a few extra hours polishing than releasing it knowing there are game-breaking bugs.

And now back to the silly outfits and incorrectly applied jam.

Really enjoying the banter in this thread and been clicking it religiously since yesterday.

Just wanted to say that I don't get the feeling of entitlement people have about the Beta-release. It's a bonus, you dindn't pay extra for it. It's not the game, it's beta-access. Stop with making this as somehow representative off how SI treats it's customers. SI have an excellent record of fan service (the only other studio that comes to mind is Paradox Interactive.) If you approach members of SI on their private twitter account, they have every right to treat you any way they want. I don't care when the Beta is here, I enjoythe anticipation. If it's before the weekend OK, if it's after also probably OK. I'd rather they spend a few extra hours polishing than releasing it knowing there are game-breaking bugs.

Frontier Developments have been pretty good as well with Elite: Dangerous

Except he's CEO. He doesn't talk to us because he has to, he talks to us because he wants to. And now is his time that'll be most stressful for him. As long as he doesn't start insulting people, who cares?

He's not CEO...

I'd rather they spend a few extra hours polishing than releasing it knowing there are game-breaking bugs.

Just remember it's bèta. There's going to be bugs, it's bèta. The release is in 2 weeks.

I agree with everything you said, except the part about beta-release being a bonus. It is being used as an incentive for pre-ordering. Therefore, it IS a feature.

No but it isn't the same. If I worked in Asda for example and I was stood in the bread aisle and 100 people were there and 5-6 asked the same question of "What date does that bread run out of date?" and then I said to them, "Ohhh...erm...27th of October" all the while the other 90+ were stood there listening (reading in twitters case) asked then every single one of them proceeded to ask me the exact same thing i'd probably just walk off but I can also see why it would get someone annoyed.

Well remembered, I need to buy some bread at lunchtime.

It's suddenly leapt up to 75! https://steamdb.info/app/295270/graphs/

Where are they getting all these people? And why have they only just showed up now?

HMM?

I say next update on that site is the beta. I have updated drivers and downloaded the new megapacks of logo's and facepacks. I feel pro-active.