Anyone else frantically checking to see if the beta's up?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.... or just me? :hammer:

I almost wish they announced a 100% confirmed release date for Friday, this weekend, etc., opposed to leaving a small glimmer of hope that it can be released at any second. Can't wait!

Then if they have an issue come up last minute people go crazy because they said definitely x date, So they keep it vague

Other devs have learned the hard way not to announce specific release dates for things. I can remember years ago Egosoft announced a patch for one of the X series of space trading/combat games would be released on a certain date and their site got totally hammered on the day because lots of people anxiously awaiting the release were continuously refreshing to try and get the download the second it became available, plus all the increased traffic on the forums of people spamming asking why it wasn't out already and so on and so forth.

And it isn't necessarily going to be Friday either, seeing as the Beta will be available "roughly" two weeks before the 7th November :brock:

Man, you sure are making sure this sentence gets out huh? That's all I've heard for a month, "roughly." That's fine, nobody will freak out if it comes out on the weekend or next week!

I almost wish they announced a 100% confirmed release date for Friday, this weekend, etc., opposed to leaving a small glimmer of hope that it can be released at any second. Can't wait!

I thought it will be Friday so any earlier is a massive bonus, any later than Friday and I'll be a bit disappointed, other than the Arsenal game FM 15 beta is the only thing getting me through this week

Last year the beta came out on the Wednesday evening right? Just saying!

I'm actually genuinely excited about the game this year, some of the new-stuff like using motion capture is a big leap forward for FM. I don't expect the graphics to ever be FIFA quality, but the matches have been painfully unrealistic to watch in recent years. I know it's 'not about the graphics', I was more than happy using text commentary only for years till 3D was introduced 5 years ago, but I feel a more realistic looking 3D engine would really add to the immersion of the game for me.

I check about twice a day, even though it probably will be Friday evening :(

I kinda want the beta to be released on Nov 6th, just to annoy people

Despite the fact that I'm currently curled up in a fetal position in the corner of the room, shaking, sweating and frothing at the mouth in the agonizing wait for the beta, I did find this funny. :D

I'd find it hilarious if they didn't release the beta on Friday. Mostly because I'm not going to be here until Sunday night, so wouldn't be able to play, but partly because of the seethe it'll cause.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was released on Friday though, but equally wouldn't be surprised if they held on to it until Monday to give them the weekend to iron out any urgent issues, and give them a solid five working days to be able to support, rather than having the first days of support fall over a weekend.

Or it'll be released in a few minutes or something, who knows.

Man, you sure are making sure this sentence gets out huh? That's all I've heard for a month, "roughly." That's fine, nobody will freak out if it comes out on the weekend or next week!

Everyone will freak out, whenever it is released :)

I'd also like to take this opportunity that if the Beta is released after Sunday, the clock change means we'll all have to wait an extra hour!

:GetsCoat:

This was put up on a FM website last night.

"We have just been informed that our distributor has received activation codes from Sega & will start delivering them tomorrow morning to those who have pre-purchase the game from our store."

No idea what that means but it looks like the wheels are turning.

If I'm not mistaken, the betas of the years past have been released wednesday or thursday evenings..so maybe the same will be this year as well. Disastorous weather today here, dark and raining and cold..perfect for FM so it would be nice tonighet after CR *batters* Liverpool to play some FM15 :D

If I'm not mistaken, the betas of the years past have been released wednesday or thursday evenings..so maybe the same will be this year as well.

And FM14 itself was also released on a Wednesday, not on a Friday like FM15. There is no pattern here, so it's pointless to look for one.

And FM14 itself was also released on a Wednesday, not on a Friday like FM15. There is no pattern here, so it's pointless to look for one.

Surely the beta being released more than 14 days before the release of the full game is something of a pattern?...

Surely the beta being released more than 14 days before the release of the full game is something of a pattern?...

Not when one small problem could potentially end up with the beta release being canned altogether. There is no pattern. It'll be ready when it's ready. It's probably going to drop in the next 7 days, fairly likely to drop before the end of the week. But there is no pattern, and no guarantee it'll come at all.

Not when one small problem could potentially end up with the beta release being canned altogether. There is no pattern. It'll be ready when it's ready. It's probably going to drop in the next 7 days, fairly likely to drop before the end of the week. But there is no pattern, and no guarantee it'll come at all.

You harbinger of doom! It'll be out before the end of the week. Willing to bet money on it.

Isn't "it'll be ready when it's ready" a pattern? :confused:

Archived