Sports Interactive Community
stornyboy80

Age profile of FM players

im 33 been playing manger games since i was a kid premier manager 1&2 those for days can i mention sensible world of soccer was hooked on that and of course cm and fm love it

41 and been playing football simulations since i could write. Of course, that was before home computers were a thing - i used to make up leagues and cups then play out the results with a dice (six counted as the 'nil'). Then the space age came and it was all Football Manager, The Boss, Football Director, Tracksuit Manager, Premier Manager, then onwards to Champ Man for which i bought my first proper PC (166 MHz processor if i remember correcly)

36...every edition since the first..some great memories...Sol Campbell as a 50k striker. Darren Eadie taking Barnet to the European Cup....happy days!

I also bought and caned both EHMs and still play that too....

And of course every version of the Original Kevin Toms Football Manager....

Multi Player Soccer Manager was my first management game. Love it, and since then never stop playing these kind of games.

Remember when a friend of mine show me CM93/94, with the Italian League. We played that game every single day... every single hour. Since then never stop playing the CM/FM games... untill FM2013.

I'm 38 now, and simply cannot take time in my life to play the game. Solution: Start playing the Handheld version!

I got say, i never imagine that winning the champions league final, on the train to work, could be so fun! :D

I'm 24 and have been playing FM since I was 10. I tend to go in and out of it and I don't buy the game annually anymore, but I think I'll always play the game in some capacity. Quite frankly I'm just too deep in at this point and I have an interest in just seeing how the game develops from here on out even if I mightn't put as much time into it as I used to.

I'm 33 & CM94 on the Amiga had me hooked when me & a mate stumbled upon on it on one rainy day going through Amiga games. Probably don't play has much as I used to used to but still dabble

I still hope I'll playing into my 60's & 70's *touches wood

37 years old and have played every game since Championship Manager Italia

Well, that makes two of us, eheheheheheheheh, and i don't see myself stop playing anytime soon either.

27, but have been around since the early days, when I watched my cousin play Premier Manager in '92. I only remember that blue screened intro, being 4 years old.

I didn't get my first taste though until Italia '93. I have no recollection of what I did except that I was Udinese, and my cousin was teaching me using his saved game.

My first real spell into the management sims was when I got CM2 in '95 instead of Fifa 95 due to how poor I was at hand eye coordination as a 7 year old. Been playing it ever since

I'm 32.

I didn't start playing computer games until I had my own job and thus being able to afford a computer.

I'm the 3rd of 4 children to a widowed mother. Hence why we/I couldn't afford computers.

My first FM game was bought in '98. I tend to buy a new version every-other-year.

The missus playes Skyrim whilst I play FM (Which she calls "The spreadsheet game"). So, It's a happy sofa in our house :D

I reach my Half Century later this year.

Have been playing footie manager games since the Spectrum days, then on the Atari, then PC. Played when this was CM but then moved to Ultimate Soccer Manager and Premier Manager (later to become FIFA Manager) and any others that hit the shelves. Didnt bother with CM/FM as had the 3d of FIFA Manager.......... This is my first FM for many years and although not perfect 'tis keeping me entertained.

39, and been playing since the days of CM2, prior to that I played On The Bench and Tracksuit Manager on the Spectrum. Glad I am not the only sad oldie still playing the game.

I'm 33 and have been playing since:

cm93-01.jpg

The '94 data' meant real player names as I recall...

Same here 32 and that was my first one on the amiga, i remember the update for the 93/94 game for the following season as it was the klinsmann year at spurs.

Think FM is pretty much my sole reason for buying a lap top tbh :\