The worst striker you've ever had?

I would have to say "Big" Denis Stracqualursi.

Although saying that I have brought him back to English football in my Huddersfield save and he is a bit of a handful.

He was very good in my Southampton, playing as Target Man> Attack

When West Ham signed Benni McCarthy, Illan and Mido, they were the worst strikers I have ever had.

Worst (performing) striker I have ever signed though is probably Emmanuel Adebayor when he was at City.

Transfer listed for £12,000,000 I thought it was a bargain. I was wrong.

Temperamental as hell, and didn't score a single competitive goal for me, after hitting like 12 in 5 games pre-season.

Probably back on fm 05 Stefan Moore for my Villa side playing him up front with his brother who had 32 in 38 during the season but Stefan decides 4 own goals all season to lose me the league by 3 goals to Newcastle deserved a new deal, still got 7.5 million for him at the end of the season tho.

This Polish striker I picked up on a free to be back up in my promoted to the Championship Bradford City side. I was using fake players, so couldn't tell you who he actually is. Began the game at Widzew Lodz.

20 starts 17 sub ons, 5 goals, 1 assist. :thdn: Upside, scored the fastest goal in club history, picking one off against Leeds in 26 seconds.

I always fall for the temptation of signing Chicharito because I believe he can be one of the best poachers around, but for me he has always been pants.

I loaned him at Swansea, and he tore the league up for me in 14/15 as a Trequartista, surprisingly enough. Then got the Arsenal job, bought him there and won the league in 15/16. Leading scorer both years.

certain players will work with certain tactics, so some will bang them in for one tactic, but be useless in another.

I'm just surprised because there couldn't be a less Chicharito suitable role, but he nailed it.

Jordan Rhodes, never for the life of me will I understand how is he a goal machine for the AI. I gave him some 3 seasons, in every role imaginable and he just made me question why I didn't just save myself the hassle and signed Lord Heskey instead.

Vaclav Kadlec and M'baye Niang had me tearing my hair out in FM12 as well, Kadlec was simply horrendous in 1-on-1 situations while Niang insisted that every shot must hit the stratosphere of the planet. But those 2 never frustrated me like Rhodes though, Niang eventually learned how to smash it in the net instead of orbit and Kadlec was moved out wide where he often did his best impression of CR7. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

I've only had him for just under a season but Odion Ighalo has been pretty unimpressive.

I signed him,he played about three competitive matches, scoring one consolation goal, he injured himself for three months, then he returned to fitness only get injured immediately for another month. He then played two or three goalless games before going away for two weeks on international duty. That was about an in-game month and a half ago and he hasn't scored since.

£8m for two long injuries and one goal with only about 12 games left in the season. It's a shame because his first touch is incredible.

Heh, guess I don't count but I'll chuck it in anyway.

I'm managing a lower league side where my policy is never to buy/bring in any player, ever. So for the first season I'm managing grays until my first batch of youth recruits come through, when I'll give them all contracts. So we're basically talking about players with CA1 here. Oh boy the quality is bad - so, so bad. The strikers are really quite hilarious.

On 15/10/2014 at 17:11, ChelseaSince86 said:

Had many. I'd say Jordan Rhodes when managing in the champ, he was garbage. In terms of "world class" worst I have had was probably Benzema

Same. I couldn't get Benzema scoring EVER. 

On 8/23/2016 at 03:38, ClemB said:

Eli Babalj (Adelaide United), on loan from AZ.

Ok he is rarely in the starting eleven but still...

Capture d’écran 2016-08-22 à 19.05.07.png

I found the same with Adelaide United. Thankfully, Bruce Djite, (whether due to my tactic or not) was a goal machine. If only he had the same consistency in real life!

I tend to play mainly in the lower English leagues and I played F.C. United of Manchester in the beta and the full release of FM 16. In the beta, he was a maniac scoring more than a goal per game. In the full release, he was atrocious and constantly offside.

I'm currently playing with Truro City and target man Matthew Wright was scoring several goals in each pre-season friendly (although mainly against weaker sides). He is yet to score in ten league matches though :(

My current starter. Highest wage at the club by about 20%. Brought him in as hes better than my current strikers and is professional with good determination so I used him to tutor the guy that will take his job next season. 3 goals in 26 appearances. My defensive midfielder scored 4 times in 18 appearances.......

I paid £100 million for a striker this year on my long term Sheff Utd save. Man City were dominating the Premier League, largely due to having the greatest regen striker I've ever seen. Scoring 60 a season for them, I was unable to tempt him away so I looked for someone similar. I found someone at Atletico Madrid and paid the buy out fee of £100 million. 23 years old, scoring a goal a game in Spain, he was perfect.

2 seasons later, he was unhappy, had a 1 in 3 record in a team scoring over 3 a game and demanded a transfer. No one else wanted him, nor would pay the £100 million to recoup my money. Ended up flogging him to PSG for £50 million.  City still had their star striker and I was £100 million lighter and no closer to the title. 

I had a guy called Marcelo Cappelli in my stoke save in fm13. We were the best team in england going for champions league glory, and my scouts said this guy was the best player in the world (even though his stats didnt seem that good). So I shelled out 55 million (my highest ever transfer by double anything I've done before) and initially he did well. 22 league goals in his first season.

Then he got injured. Spent a season out injured then came back to barely score a goal again. Couldnt even sell him if I tried. Ended up leaving on a free after another 3 years goalless in the league playing 10-15 games a season. Gave him so many chances all due to that initial scout report and amazing first season.

Archived