Regional Databases Thread 2015

nine_iron

All seems a bit too complicated for me this! I assume you mean in the advanced rules? They always seem a little daunting to me. And whenever I try to do the test (any kind of test on the leagues) in the editor it ALWAYS crashes. So I can only really do the simple test in the basic rules. I'll take a look nine_iron, cheers.

Is there a quick way to make Gibraltar playable in the WC Qualifiers? I have been told I have to go to Advanced Rules, and then re-create the world cup and all the continents' qualifiers, etc, but surely there must be a quicker way? That will take me forever to work out!

Im planning on making a Cascadia regional database, and im testing things out with Just Canada so far, but I cant get reserves working and its annoying me

I activate them fine, it says Reserves and what not when the game starts, but theres no league for them to play in

Hey, I have never made a team before but I would be interested in this as I was reading this forum because I was thinking of doing the same thing. Do you plan to add players as the real Cascadia national team takes shape next year?

cascadia-crest-300px.png

http://cascadianow.org/blog/non-fifa-cascadia-national-team-officially-accepted-by-nf-board

Also will you be adding the shirt designs?

cascadia-v2-e1377729103977.jpg

You could use the current kit as home and the version 1 of the kit as the away:

Home:

Cascadia_Kit_V_2.0_Prototype.jpg

Away:

bBoyS.jpg

BTW: I made a Cascadia national team in the old FIFA 12 Creation Centre.

Cascadia-FIFA-13.png

Is there anywhere I can download your work?

As for league can't you just expand out the Evergreen Premier League to include teams in Oregon and BC?

Hey, I have never made a team before but I would be interested in this as I was reading this forum because I was thinking of doing the same thing. Do you plan to add players as the real Cascadia national team takes shape next year?

cascadia-crest-300px.png

http://cascadianow.org/blog/non-fifa-cascadia-national-team-officially-accepted-by-nf-board

Also will you be adding the shirt designs?

cascadia-v2-e1377729103977.jpg

You could use the current kit as home and the version 1 of the kit as the away:

Home:

Cascadia_Kit_V_2.0_Prototype.jpg

Away:

bBoyS.jpg

BTW: I made a Cascadia national team in the old FIFA 12 Creation Centre.

Cascadia-FIFA-13.png

Is there anywhere I can download your work?

As for league can't you just expand out the Evergreen Premier League to include teams in Oregon and BC?

I used those kits as close as I could get them, yeah

but no, I plan on making a 5 teir league structure, including all the teams from Oregon, Washington, and BC already in game, then adding some to fill out the gaps in reputation

I'm trying to find a nation in North American to replace with a new nation.

CIS or Ireland Pre-19whatever. No need to replace existing nations.

Had a recent arrival so not had the time to do a regional database yet. May start with the Channel Islands.

Just wanted to post notice that I am in the process of creating an Isle of Wight Nation and league structure.

It is very time consuming, as only four of the fifty-two Isle of Wight clubs I now have are originally in the game, courtesy of their past/present involvements in English Competitions (Wessex/Hants/Southern leagues etc.) - so other than Newport, Cowes Sports, East Cowes Victoria and Brading Town - I have not only had to create all Island based clubs from scratch, but also the towns, villages and stadiums they play in. As the Isle of Wight Saturday League is a very basic structure with few real-life teams, I have also taken the time to add many custom teams for a lot of the smaller villages and hamlets that are not represented in real-life - to make things more interesting, and make for a more engaging and detailed competition.

Progress to date is as follows:-

Isle of Wight nation, structure, towns/villages/hamlets, clubs, and kits have all been created; and I am approximately halfway through creating all the stadiums (or more often local cow-fields) ;) where these clubs all ply their trades. All places and stadia have painstakingly researched correct real-life geolocation long/lat coordinates assigned to them.

Once finished on the stadia/grounds, I'll be adding as many real-life Isle of Wight based players as I can find information for, from the relatively slim list of sources I have. I'll also add the appropriate cup competitions, some awards, refs, etc. - and the 'Combination' divisions in which the various Reserve/B teams operate.

As far as free time goes, I do not have much, so this will likely still be some weeks away from a working and playable model. I also plan on looking onto getting the International "Island Games" competition established if possible.

I should also add that this is being created in FM14, as I do not have 15 yet, and am unsure at this point if I will do, given what I've read of the various difficulties in this years version of the editor. The last point of note to consider, is that this is being built on top of the excellent 14-15 season update created by 'Pr0' - so if there is any interest in the Hideaway in playing this custom league/nation - then I'll first need to ask and (hopefully) receive permission from Pr0 to release it to the general community. So please let me know if it sounds like something you'd be interested in. If there's interest, I'll see if I can track him down for a chat, otherwise I'll just keep it to myself. :p

Just wanted to post notice that I am in the process of creating an Isle of Wight Nation and league structure.

It is very time consuming, as only four of the fifty-two Isle of Wight clubs I now have are originally in the game, courtesy of their past/present involvements in English Competitions (Wessex/Hants/Southern leagues etc.) - so other than Newport, Cowes Sports, East Cowes Victoria and Brading Town - I have not only had to create all Island based clubs from scratch, but also the towns, villages and stadiums they play in. As the Isle of Wight Saturday League is a very basic structure with few real-life teams, I have also taken the time to add many custom teams for a lot of the smaller villages and hamlets that are not represented in real-life - to make things more interesting, and make for a more engaging and detailed competition.

Progress to date is as follows:-

Isle of Wight nation, structure, towns/villages/hamlets, clubs, and kits have all been created; and I am approximately halfway through creating all the stadiums (or more often local cow-fields) ;) where these clubs all ply their trades. All places and stadia have painstakingly researched correct real-life geolocation long/lat coordinates assigned to them.

Once finished on the stadia/grounds, I'll be adding as many real-life Isle of Wight based players as I can find information for, from the relatively slim list of sources I have. I'll also add the appropriate cup competitions, some awards, refs, etc. - and the 'Combination' divisions in which the various Reserve/B teams operate.

As far as free time goes, I do not have much, so this will likely still be some weeks away from a working and playable model. I also plan on looking onto getting the International "Island Games" competition established if possible.

I should also add that this is being created in FM14, as I do not have 15 yet, and am unsure at this point if I will do, given what I've read of the various difficulties in this years version of the editor. The last point of note to consider, is that this is being built on top of the excellent 14-15 season update created by 'Pr0' - so if there is any interest in the Hideaway in playing this custom league/nation - then I'll first need to ask and (hopefully) receive permission from Pr0 to release it to the general community. So please let me know if it sounds like something you'd be interested in. If there's interest, I'll see if I can track him down for a chat, otherwise I'll just keep it to myself. :p

I have created a Channel Islands file adding Jersey and Guernsey into the game, which will also include a scaled down version of the Island Games. Will be interested to see you file and see if the two are compatible.

I have created a Channel Islands file adding Jersey and Guernsey into the game, which will also include a scaled down version of the Island Games. Will be interested to see you file and see if the two are compatible.

Have you got this file to download? I'm creating a Channel Islands file myself and would like to compare.

• 3 weeks later...
Good luck @nine_iron!

TY buddy, all going well so far. Just need to throw together some new graphics and update a load of details and I am not far from being done.

Got all the hard work out of the way tonight, now its just those little details that make it (plus some remaining improvements I found in my 10+ year FM14 save).

It's been a while since I've created my NSW database, I may give it another shot this year especially since there's more information added to the database. Not sure if I'll go all out and create fantasy elements including more of the state but it's something to consider.

I'm currently playing around with a test Tasmania at the moment though, trying to get things to work first.

I have the same problem. Really frustrated......

Download an App called Sublime Text 2, go to said line and change it back, make sure it's the same colour test as the other "true"'s... save it then change it back false and everything should work. Don't use the text editor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Probably should tell you all my wife and I had a baby! Life is crazy now as my new job is very different to my old ones but I love it.

I'm still playing my DBs on and off but I won't be buying or making a 2016 version.

After what I think is about 8 or so years of doing this its time to stop and take up my new challenge!

Probably should tell you all my wife and I had a baby! Life is crazy now as my new job is very different to my old ones but I love it.

I'm still playing my DBs on and off but I won't be buying or making a 2016 version.

After what I think is about 8 or so years of doing this its time to stop and take up my new challenge!

As a fellow parent of a baby (turns 1 next month), my advice is to not push aside your hobbies but strip them down to a minimum. My time is mostly taken up with work, little one, and housework, but I'll be damned if I don't get a few hours me time at the weekend. However, congrats and feel free to share your pains!

As a fellow parent of a baby (turns 1 next month), my advice is to not push aside your hobbies but strip them down to a minimum. My time is mostly taken up with work, little one, and housework, but I'll be damned if I don't get a few hours me time at the weekend. However, congrats and feel free to share your pains!

I am currently playing a save on a tweaked Lincs DB with league splits for all 3 leagues, title races go close but you play the same 4 (top league) or 5 teams twice at the end of the season, cups bringing the only variation. Really cannot add an extra team to the top league as they already play 50+ games a season as a club, which is plenty IMO.

FM works well with a baby as you can dip in and out, so does editing.

I just really feel FM has had its time in my gaming life, Ive done everything I need and want to do. Ive tried to do Cambridgeshire but it never came to anything, just lost interest.

I have lots of other games to play, I will stick playing FM15 until FM17 probably. I buy other games on the biannual cycle (once every other year) but FM always broke that trend!

Do you find yourself only playing your own DB's? I made a New Forest save (only has 12 teams) but it seems more interesting than standard leagues.

I cannot remember the last time I played a league I did not make, its going on for over 5 versions of FM. I think the last time was when I did a Grimsby save but I made a Lincs nation, the teams just stayed in the English leagues.

For a proper full non-edited game, I think you are looking back to FM06! (see my join date for when I started sharing my Lincs & Humber edited DB)

• 11 months later...

Well not wanting to make a new thread I thought I would pull this one back as its relevant.

My wee one is now well through his first year and more!

He loves my PC, loves sitting in the chair, playing with the game pad, wearing the headphones (and eating the mic) and pushing the mouse and keyboard around.

I guess FlickJ's one is now 2! Time flies!

Ive mostly been playing a few games on the PC, nothing heavy like before but I do still dabble in FM15. Took Grimsby Boro up the divisions in one save and now doing a Lincs & Humber nationality only Grimsby side (bar some loanees).

I am thinking of returning around the new year with FM17, considering starting from scratch with the DB (copying over data) so no to bring across all the legacy rubbish (read a stronger word here) I have accumilated from using the same base set of changes since we could first import them up a game! I don't think SI intended it to get imported over and over and over but it works!

Anyhoo enough ramblings... back to my old FM15 save...

On 22/09/2016 at 18:32, nine_iron said:

Well not wanting to make a new thread I thought I would pull this one back as its relevant.

My wee one is now well through his first year and more!

He loves my PC, loves sitting in the chair, playing with the game pad, wearing the headphones (and eating the mic) and pushing the mouse and keyboard around.

I guess FlickJ's one is now 2! Time flies!

Ive mostly been playing a few games on the PC, nothing heavy like before but I do still dabble in FM15. Took Grimsby Boro up the divisions in one save and now doing a Lincs & Humber nationality only Grimsby side (bar some loanees).

I am thinking of returning around the new year with FM17, considering starting from scratch with the DB (copying over data) so no to bring across all the legacy rubbish (read a stronger word here) I have accumilated from using the same base set of changes since we could first import them up a game! I don't think SI intended it to get imported over and over and over but it works!

Anyhoo enough ramblings... back to my old FM15 save...

Turning 2 next month. She just learnt how to open the stair gate so I'm desperately searching what I can do about it!

I'll be buying FM17, but I've been struggling to come up with something new. I had the idea of creating a brand new world of 6 nations, but that would just be too much work for the little amount of time I have. The beauty of doing regional databases is most of the work is already done for you. Thinking perhaps California, or Hawaii, or New England. Not sure how it'll work though as I haven't ventured in to CONCACAF before.

22 hours ago, FlickJ said:

Turning 2 next month. She just learnt how to open the stair gate so I'm desperately searching what I can do about it!

I'll be buying FM17, but I've been struggling to come up with something new. I had the idea of creating a brand new world of 6 nations, but that would just be too much work for the little amount of time I have. The beauty of doing regional databases is most of the work is already done for you. Thinking perhaps California, or Hawaii, or New England. Not sure how it'll work though as I haven't ventured in to CONCACAF before.

I will get FM17 in the new year I think.

Remaking L&H from scratch is one idea, also toying with combining it with the county I currenty live in, they share a nice boarder too:

PPTSYlI.png

How about making them 2 separate nations?

I've been planning the season ahead, but I've decided upon 3 cup competitions: National Cup, League Cup, and County Cups. Mapping these out in excel (National Cup is over 2 legs), it looks packed. I'll either need to cut out the 2nd leg, or get rid of the League Cup. Like choosing between the English or Spanish cup system.

• 3 weeks later...

Good idea!

One overPre-1922 ireland and one over CIS?

Unless we can make nations from scratch now?

Ive always wanted to do a multi nation edit, maybe now is the time to do one. If I make them over seperate nations I might be able to combine them or load them both together.

• 1 month later...

Work in progress now.

Currently doing the Clee Town and Grimsby Borough Club updates, almost done actually!

I've also done a load of other Lincs clubs, just for fun! Squads all "up to date" according to Pitchero anyway.

Im still on for my Xmas holiday completion for this. I cant put in more than a few hours a week due to my baby boy and an upcoming house move! Really busy time to take on a project!

Archived