Regional Databases Thread 2015

nine_iron

Welcome to the 2015 Regional Databases Thread

Time for another FM game! Thought I should post this thread up to get us discussing things.

I am not really running a "community" anymore, just curious who is still around!

How To Video:

Here is a link to last years thread, lots of good stuff in here!

Regional Databases 2014 thread

Also my FMSCOUT pages:

Creating Guide

Testing Guide

How to change a nations Continent:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/398789-Regional-Databases-Thread-2015?p=9905766&viewfull=1#post9905766

Well another year, another planned Lincs & Humber Nation.

I have been tweaking my FM14 version over the year after a very low key release on the steam workshop due to me really not putting enough into making it much different from the FM13 version.

I have no real huge developments planned at the moment, just addition of details here and there.

I did test changing the league structure but other than stretching the lower two leagues out to 4 rounds (40 ish games) rather than 2 or 3 (both seemed to be too few games). None of the 20 team leagues really worked, the current structure just seems to fit so well.

A few more awards have been added and I plan to overhaul the logos as some are out of date or caused crashes on FM14.

If anyone has any thoughts or comments, suggestions or ideas please feel free to pop them here so I can include them in the next version.

Not promising to build it just yet but all this FM15 hype is really getting me pumped to have a go!

IIRC it would be my 7th edition (at least!) seems so long ago but I am sure I started making this back for FM08, crazy I can't even remember but it must have been around then(ish).

Just musing at the moment, any other "regional" database editors still around with plans for FM15? Maybe we need to reboot the

I am attempting something similar with local level leagues, I plan to use the "Region" function which can be set for each city AND the "Regional Divisions" tab under the "Competitions Tab".

Combining that with multiple leagues running at each competition level should do it. I will have 4 or 5 leagues per each pyramid step from tier 4 downwards, Feeding an elite league.

I myself will need to read up more on this if it doesn't work my initial expected way, thats my approach: "work it out, try it out"

so it is possible, that is a good start

Best thing to do is try, explore the editor, try things out and run a test using the editor's built in tester and validator.

Have you followed my videos for the basics?

no, didn't try it yet. im preparing for next edition ;D but ill have your links in mind.

I am doing all my prep in the 14 editor, 95% of my chances will carry over to the next version. Mostly the hard graft of adding items such as leagues, clubs and cities.

i am a bit afraid to do so as it takes around 100k changes and if any of them makes the file unusable in fm15 i'd have to redo everything.

Ouch those must be some pretty serious changes then, what would make it unusable? Im curious as I have never done anything in the editor that unstable! I have changes carrying over from the moment we could for the first time!

I hope to release my edit pretty much on day 1, should be able to as my changes on the day should be minimal.

go to: Program files/steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2014 Editor/data/format/database and find "nation xml" file.

find this in file:

<!-- Continent -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="Ncti" />

<translation id="name" translation_id="229389" type="use" value="Continent" />

<flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id" />

<flags id="database_table_type" value="continent" />

<boolean id="is_client_field" value="true" />

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="true" />

<boolean id="is_optional" value="true" />

</record>

and change row <boolean id="is_read_only" value="true" /> to <boolean id="is_read_only" value="false" />

save file and exit. after that start editor and you will be able to change continent.

to edit xml file you can use notepad ++ or some similar program

I plan on making Stirling (the Scottish city) into a country. Made them on previous versions by renaming Gibraltar or Andorra. Just wondering though, what would be the easiest country to rename? It gets a bit boring having to search through the editor to try and delete every player/staff/city/club which is from Gibraltar every time I want to create my own country.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stirling-as-a-nation-on-Football-Manager/220452031418796

CIS or pre 1922 Ireland. Check out the 2014 and 2013 regional database thread as well as the video in the first post of any of those.

Thanks, I'm testing stuff out on the FM14 editor before the F15 editor is released so I'll give that a try.

I've read stuff before about renaming Ireland or the old Russia countries but thought that involved editing xml files to make the nations active which seems a bit complicated.

What on earth has this to do with the thread ?????

its from my Lincs & Humber nation, probably should have put that somewhere in the post!

(Slaps wrist)

I ended up finishing 3rd in the Champions League group, after beating Olym again and sneaking a tie with Valencia. Sadly Dortmund hammered me twice and Valencia didnt loose to Olymp like I needed them too!

Third year out of 4 I have finished 3rd, once was very close actually! The group was very close in the end!

TF1lqhh.png

I always get hammered in the first round of the Euro though, this year will be different!

Thanks, I'm testing stuff out on the FM14 editor before the F15 editor is released so I'll give that a try.

I've read stuff before about renaming Ireland or the old Russia countries but thought that involved editing xml files to make the nations active which seems a bit complicated.

You just have to edit one bit of the XML to unlock the changing continent, its changing one word from "False" to "True", the rest is done in the editor.

There are guides everywhere, it is a 2 minutes job, 90% of which is just locating the file!

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully when I get the game (give me a couple of weeks) I will be ready to launch my Lincolnshire nation straight away with a Lincs & Humber nation to follow.

I am also interested in doing Cambridgeshire this year, if anyone wants to pitch in and help, graphics and club details (ie site links, strip colours etc) or even do some editing please let me know!

I think it would be interesting to do Cambs, with a Cambs/Huntingdonshire split a couple of levels down.

Anyone else got any projects on the way to release?

Ohh a "Fan".

I am fixing some small Lincs & Humber errors for this year (which are also going in my Lincolnshire only database) in my FM14 editor, also trying a new league format with reserve teams in the league "it just makes sense as you usually have a lot of lincs players in there.

If you have any feedback or comments please let me know!

I have considered trying to make a separate cambridge and lincs database compatible but that is a long way off. Just going to do them separate for now.

Im planning on making a Cascadia regional database, and im testing things out with Just Canada so far, but I cant get reserves working and its annoying me

I activate them fine, it says Reserves and what not when the game starts, but theres no league for them to play in

Im planning on making a Cascadia regional database, and im testing things out with Just Canada so far, but I cant get reserves working and its annoying me

I activate them fine, it says Reserves and what not when the game starts, but theres no league for them to play in

I'm re-imagining north america divided up by bioregion now! Prairie Panthers Vs Boreal Bears anyone?

this is a good link for making english regions. I forget who made it but well done! Please remind me!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s3gvzf66s7rlq49/RegionalTeamIndex_12-13.xls

Find all the clubs in the game for any country in a couple of clicks, might be a smidge out of date for any new teams since 2012 though... Which also should be resolved with a search (can we search on found date?)

go to: Program files/steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2014 Editor/data/format/database and find "nation xml" file.

find this in file:

<!-- Continent -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="Ncti" />

<translation id="name" translation_id="229389" type="use" value="Continent" />

<flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id" />

<flags id="database_table_type" value="continent" />

<boolean id="is_client_field" value="true" />

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="true" />

</record>

and change row <boolean id="is_read_only" value="true" /> to <boolean id="is_read_only" value="false" />

save file and exit. after that start editor and you will be able to change continent.

to edit xml file you can use notepad ++ or some similar program

Does anyone know how to this on a MacIntosh for FM 15?

I'm brand new to Macs and have been having a devil of a time trying to get this down. It's making me wish I stayed with a PC! ;) Thanks for the help.

To be more specific:

I've found the file. I've edited the file exactly as shown and changed NOTHING else.

Yet I get an XML parsing error when I open the editor that says:

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 135 of

/>

</record>

<!-- Reputation -->

<record>

But nothing has been changed in that line.

Help? :)

I'm really upset guys! I created a new nation on South America, created a structure of 3 divisions, this new nation have a national team, a u21 national team. Ok until here..but...

The u21 team of this new nation is crashing the continental u21 championship. Is it possible edit the under21 tournament? I would like to modify the rules to 11 teams instead 10 or fix the teams to deny access to my new nation.

My other problem is that my new league is not qualifying to the continental competition. A guy suggested edit the coefficientes but the coefficients just is applicable on Europe, on South America the qualifying system is based in other parameters.

Solutions?

Solutions?

I always suggest overwriting CIS or Pre-1922 Ireland, as this is probably a bit much work to convert over but I would suggest doing that if you can.

Did you create the U21 national team? Is that necessary for Africa?

Anyone interested in playing my Cambridgeshire nation? I've finished my first draft using FM14, I will pop it on the workshop later tonight.

Hopefully someone can either convert it to FM15 or take it on to finish it off.

I am just shy a few details like lower league stadia and club strip colours, apart from that it fully functioning.

EDIT:

Cambridgeshire Nation in FM14

Go nuts! Bring it into FM15, add things, compelte the missing bits etc. If you do compete it please note me as one of the contributors, I look forward to playing it if someone does!

Here is a great site for the stadia, go into a clubs fixtures and look where it was played: http://full-time.thefa.com/Index.do?league=7984801

That Cambridgeshire database looks interesting, but I think Cornwall would be a great county to turn into a nation. Mainly because the people are very patroitic and some would like independence there anyway...

A West Indies nation combining the Caribbean, Guyana, French Guiana and Suriname would be brilliant as well.

That Cambridgeshire database looks interesting, but I think Cornwall would be a great county to turn into a nation. Mainly because the people are very patroitic and some would like independence there anyway...

A West Indies nation combining the Caribbean, Guyana, French Guiana and Suriname would be brilliant as well.

Cornwall done not that long ago? Someone might have a database to use, check the download section to see if someone made it.

To be more specific:

I've found the file. I've edited the file exactly as shown and changed NOTHING else.

Yet I get an XML parsing error when I open the editor that says:

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 135 of

/>

</record>

<!-- Reputation -->

<record>

But nothing has been changed in that line.

Help? :)

I have the same problem. Really frustrated......

Cornwall done not that long ago? Someone might have a database to use, check the download section to see if someone made it.

I made Cormwall in FM12... it is a nightmare because there is next to nothing in the official database - you have to create many clubs, stadium... and players/staff. Not sure if this will help, but the file I made is here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/bsfbcz51k717u13/Cornwall_2.7.xml

I made Cormwall in FM12... it is a nightmare because there is next to nothing in the official database - you have to create many clubs, stadium... and players/staff. Not sure if this will help, but the file I made is here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/bsfbcz51k717u13/Cornwall_2.7.xml

udaman lazyfig!

And so how hard would it be to put Israel in the Asian WC Qualifiers, etc? I have unlocked it so I can change them to Asia. Could I just take a team from Asia and put them in Europe, so the quotas would be the same, would that work?

When he says that, what does he mean? How and where do you add them into the relevant competitions?

What he means with that is if you create or replace a nation you will have to update the international competition you want it in. Say you want Israel to play in Asia, you will need to change the EU qualifiers for EC and WC, the Asian qualifiers for AFC cup and World Cup, and do the same for every age group and such.

Swapping teams might be a quick fix solution. One of the -Stans to accompany Kazakhstan?

Archived