Which team do you hate because of FM

Someone started a "which teams do you support because of FM" thread a couple of months back so i thought i would start "which team do you hate because of FM"

For me its Stoke City after they gazumped me to the signing of Jordan Rhodes from Blackburn at the begininng of 2014/2015 season

So i finish 12th at my first season in charge of Norwich and i think to progress i am gonna need some proper firepower upfront as i went through a dry spell last season and it caused me to finish lower than i could have done. So i find Jordan Rhodes at Blackburn a Premership quality striker playing for Championship Blackburn! Perfect i thought! I put in a couple of bids both rejected so i sent my chief scout to find out how much Blackburn want for him. He comes back and recommends a bid of over 8million or more. So ok i bid 8mill and its accepted! Fantastic! I get contract negotiations underway and i make an acceptable contract offer to him. i sit back and wait for the acceptance message. Before the contract was accepted tho Stoke offer 9 million and a better contract and the message just pops up "Rhodes signs for Stoke" and i scream some explitives at my monitor. Now Stoke are fighting for Premier League titles and Champions League titles and i just sit on the very edge of European spots. I ended up having to sign my second choice Leigh Griffiths from Celtic, but he isnt as good and every time Jordan Rhodes scores for Stoke i cant help but scream at the screen "YOU SHOULD HAVE SIGNED FOR ME!" but with a bit more swearing!

any team managed by Avram Grant (thankfully no one hires him anymore)

ALWAYS used to beat my all-conquering side, no matter what team he was

of course, it was always in stages where it didn't matter (like the group stage of the CL, or the league where I was dominant)

lately though, it's Spurs that cause me issues - always struggle against these, and only just edge the head-to-head record

Juventus, not real hate, but if I'm managing in Italy, they get me angry. One time, as manager of Roma, I had to play them 5 times in a fortnight. Aaaaagh!

Juventus, too. They threw me (Benfica) out of the CL every year. First KO-Round, QF, SF - I never made it past Juventus. So I went to England as I got a nice offer from Arsenal to build up a team to overcome the shame - and what happened? In my second year I went through to the final. Who is waiting? Juve is. A narrow match evolves, I have better chances but still 0-0 after 90 minutes. In minute 106 I score, Juve is tired, they don't have a single proper attack. Min 118: Freekick from 40 meters distance, they play a 2 meter pass behind Vidal... he turns round and shoots the ball into the triangle... 40 meters! After he had to turn round! Needless to say that I lost the following penalty shootout - and even better: I finished 5th in the Premier League, my fierce rival Tottenham (managed by a friend of mine) was 4th - so if I had won, I would have kicked them out of CL-Quali on top.

I really hate Juve.

Celtic (and Neil Lennon). Actually, once Neil moves on (and he always does), they cease to vex me. (I've played the last 3 FM versions in Scotland, and Celtic's the New York Yankees of Scottish football.)

I used to hate Monaghan United, in my League of Ireland saves. They ALWAYS beat me about 4-2 on their heavy, rainy pitch, even though we were invariably at opposite ends of the table. I was kind of pleased when they went out of business IRL a few years ago...

Oh, and way back on FM Italia - Red Star Belgrade. They used to knock my Fiorentina out of the European Cup constantly (the difficulty gradient from Serie A to Europe was ridiculously steep).

Mine on the last couple of versions of FM has to be AS Monaco even though I have rarely played them. The reason being the amount of times I have found a good player to sign only for them to come in a few days later and blow me out of the water with their bottomless pit of money. I swear half their current 1st team on my save is players that I tried to sign and they have beat me to another 2 heading into the start of the summer.

Anyone who was a consistent bogey team for me managing Roma. Chiefly Catania, before they got relegated, and Sampdoria, especially when playing 4-2-3-1 against my 4-3-3, I find Eder, Sansome and that Polish winger I forget the name of become world beaters. Also Kristicic he somehow turns into Vidal against me.

I have a love hate relationship with Celano FC Olimpia. I was doing an Italian Dafuges challenge in FM2012 I believe. After taking them from C2 to Serie B in 5 seasons, making huge profits in the process, we got taken over and I was fired immediately. Still seething.

Tottenham and Lamela. The guy cannot be man marked.

He's becoming the bane of my FM existence. I might just sign him at the end of the season. I've done that before. I remember I was so sick of my teams getting wrecked by Ivica Olic that I ended up signing him.

Manchester City because of the absurd way they play in this game. Norwich because they apparently can dispossess anyone on my team at will.

Archived