Female Managers

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it would make much difference to the game. Would be interesting to have a feature where you could try and chat them up so they sell you their best player for a cut down price lol. Probably not the best idea you'll hear on these forums if i'm honest though.

the fact that IRL there are no female managers?

What? Haven't you ever heard of Hope Powell? Anyway, I think this option has only been included in the game because of the females that play it.

There has never been a woman President of the United States of America. Does that mean in a game called President Manager 2009 you shouldn't be allowed the option to be a woman? Because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't in the future.

There are woman currently involved in the mens professional game(physios, directors etc) and there are women and men managers in the mens game so I'm sure at some point at some level in the mens game a woman will be appointed manager. Anyway the main reason for this is so that if you are a female and enter your name it refers to you as such. It is unlikely that the game will actually create woman managers however the option should be there imo for the user if they so wish.

There has never been a woman President of the United States of America. Does that mean in a game called President Manager 2009 you shouldn't be allowed the option to be a woman?

There are woman currently involved in the mens professional game so I'm sure at some point at some level a woman will be appointed manager. Anyway the main reason for this is so that if you are a female and enter your name it refers to you as such. It is unlikely that the game will actually create woman managers however the option should be there imo for the user if they so wish.

There has never been a seven-legged dog President of the United States of America. Does that mean in a game called President Manager 2009 you shouldn't be allowed the option to be a seven-legged dog? :)

There has never been a seven-legged dog President of the United States of America. Does that mean in a game called President Manager 2009 you shouldn't be allowed the option to be a seven-legged dog? :)

that has no logic what so ever! :D

a dog by law cannot be President

a woman by law can be President

a woman can be a mens football team manager there is no law to stop it and it is fesible it may at some point happen at a low level to start with

Can you ever see a female manager of a mens football team in real life?

Woman are involved in the mens professional game as physios in real life

Woman managers do exist, there is no reason why they can't have good enough man management skills and tactical knowledge of the game to run a team!

Mouriniho never played the game at a high level and was backroom staff and was given a chance

All it takes is a shift in attitude nothing more or less

At some point i do see it happening at a very low level in the mens professional game

There has never been a woman President of the United States of America. Does that mean in a game called President Manager 2009 you shouldn't be allowed the option to be a woman? Because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't in the future.

There are woman currently involved in the mens professional game(physios, directors etc) and there are women and men managers in the mens game so I'm sure at some point at some level in the mens game a woman will be appointed manager. Anyway the main reason for this is so that if you are a female and enter your name it refers to you as such. It is unlikely that the game will actually create woman managers however the option should be there imo for the user if they so wish.

What a load of drivel - there has never been a female manager, and there has never been a female professional football player in the men's game. As far as I'm aware, there's never even been a female first team coach. It's completely different from presidents, where 50% of the people they represent are female, there are no extra barriers to entry into politics for women than there are for men and there are plenty of female politicians.

There MAY one day be a female football manager, but there's never going to be lots, and they shouldn't be included as regens, because there's never been nor is there likely to be female managers.

woman are involved in the mens professional game as physios in real life

all it takes is a shift in attitude nothing more or less

at some point i do see it happening at a very low level in the mens professional game

i completly disagree physios and managers are completly different and require very different skills. managers must command respect and install disapline....cant really see a women demonstrating this with a bunch of grown men! im sorry, im not sexist, but there are just some jobs that are not for women and managing a mens football team is one of them!

i completly disagree physios and managers are completly different and require very different skills. managers must command respect and install disapline....cant really see a women demonstrating this with a bunch of grown men! im sorry, im not sexist, but there are just some jobs that are not for women and managing a mens football team is one of them!

Men manage Womans professional teams in America

Woman manage Womens teams and do it well.

I'm not saying there should be loads of woman managers in the game. I don't think there should be any new gen female managers in the game with things as it is. However I'm saying I do predict a time when a Woman manages a Conference South side for example. It may not be in the next 5-10 years but I think it will happen at some point.

When you say you are not sexist you quite clearly are. It's abit like saying "I don't mean to be offensive but..." and then offend someone. Your arguement is fundamentally flawed.

Wow, some people should really hide their misogynism! I wonder what their mothers or wives would think of what they are writing here!

And spouting the same old stereotypes that men have since the stone age: 'it's a man's job'! As if!

Please, you don't have to show us all your true colours in one go! Keep some for later...

In manager profiles it often says something about theire 'relationship' with you. It usually starts off as 'feels the two of you could be friends'. That was my weak attempt at a humorous spin on the feature if there were female AI managers.

:D

Not your fault that I didn't get it!

Men manage Womans professional teams in America

Woman mangage Womens teams and do it well.

I'm not saying there should be loads of woman managers in the game. I don't think there should be any in the game with things as it is. However I'm saying I do predict a time when a Woman manages a Conference South side for example. It may not be in the next 5-10 years but I think it will happen at some point.

When you say you are not sexist you quite clearly are. It's abit like saying "I don't mean to be offensive but..." and then offend someone. Your arguement is fundamentally flawed.

He isn't being sexist. He is simply saying a woman managing a team comprised solely of men, in a game comprising solely of men, which no woman has ever participated in, is never going to command respect. It's a very simple fact.

He isn't being sexist. He is simply saying a woman managing a team comprised solely of men, in a game comprising solely of men, which no woman has ever participated in, is never going to command respect. It's a very simple fact.

Men manage female professional football teams and command respect.

Female managers in other walks of life such as offices in the city which are male dominated areas do it well and command respect.

Man, are we going to another discussion? Its an option, you only select it if you want...

We aren't talking about the option to be a female, which I think you're reffering to. We are talking about regen managers being female or not.

Men manage female professional football teams and command respect.

Female managers in other walks of life such as offices in the city which are male dominated areas do it well and command respect.

Well done, have a biscuit for stating the bloody obvious.

Men command the respect of women footballers because they have usually coached/played men's football, which is of vastly higher standard to Women's football - were the situation the other way round, women would manage male football teams.

Women command respect in areas outside of football because they work with both male and females, in industries where your gender doesn't hinder your ability to do your job - in football and other sports it does.

Excuse me, your facts are wrong, as men's world of football has had loads of women participating in it. From physios and coaches up to managing directors and chairwomen.

Well done, have a biscuit for stating the bloody obvious.

Men command the respect of women footballers because they have usually coached/played men's football, which is of vastly higher standard to Women's football - were the situation the other way round, women would manage male football teams.

Women command respect in areas outside of football because they work with both male and females, in industries where your gender doesn't hinder your ability to do your job - in football and other sports it does.

A large number of top managers didn't play football to a high level. Jose Mouriniho for example didn't get above amateur football as a player. Yet he still commands respect due to his management skills and football knowledge not his playing ability.

As for the second point you made you didn't read what I said. Woman have proven themselves as managers of men in professions that for hundreds of years have been MALE DOMINATED such as banking, insurance. It is shifts in attitudes in these areas that haven't as of yet filtered into male dominated sports such as football. This doesn't mean it will never happen or can't happen.

Excuse me, your facts are wrong, as men's world of football has had loads of women participating in it. From physios and coaches up to managing directors and chairwomen.

As far as physios, chairwomen and directors go, they don't deal with football as a game, so the fact they are women is of no relevance, in fact, the fact there are women involved in other areas of football only helps to substantiate my point further. Directors need not have an intricate understanding of Men's football - they need an intricate understanding of how to run a business - something sex does not affect - a physio needs not know a thing about football - only about injuries and how to rehabilitate.

I think the arguement is focussed in the wrong direction. You're talking about women in the RL world of football whereas the argument is whether or not to include them as regen managers.

I don't think so as it is unrealistic. It also unrealistic for the player to be a female manager, too I guess but thats a bit different :)

It's amazing how out of all the new features this seems to be the most talked about:D

I don't think they will have regen female managers myself but if people wanted this i'm sure they could add it as an option in future versions, but for all the females who play FM im sure it will be a welcome addition.

Personally, I'm Sure women WILL eventually break into the 'Mens game' but not for a few years, and If it does, So what?

Has it Really come to this that after having a 3D match Engine reveled, the promise of improved Transfers and Regens, that this has REALLY turned into a Discussion??!

Once someone Proves that a Woman WILL NEVER be in the Modern Professional game, THEN I See a problem. Until then, this is really an Non-Starter as far as a 'Point' Goes, Its well within the Boundaries of Possibility and Realism.

A large number of top managers didn't play football to a high level. Jose Mouriniho for example didn't get above amateur football as a player. Yet he still commands respect due to his management skills and football knowledge not his playing ability.

As for the second point you made you didn't read what I said. Woman have proven themselves as managers of men in professions that for hundreds of years have been MALE DOMINATED such as banking, insurance. It is shifts in attitudes in these areas that haven't as of yet filtered into male dominated sports such as football. This doesn't mean it will never happen or can't happen.

No, you have misread my point, the fact that the areas used to be male dominated were as a direct result of sexism, nothing else. The domination of men in football has nothing to do with sexism, it is simply because men are better athletes than women, always have been, always will be.

Playing ability has nothing to do with football management at all - having a great knowledge of the man's game does, Mourinho will have learned this whilst playing for youth teams with professional first teams, and at semi-professional/amateur level - the football he experienced will have been nothing like women's football, but similar to professional football - and of a higher standard than women's football.

As far as physios, chairwomen and directors go, they don't deal with football as a game, so the fact they are women is of no relevance, in fact, the fact there are women involved in other areas of football only helps to substantiate my point further. Directors need not have an intricate understanding of Men's football - they need an intricate understanding of how to run a business - something sex does not affect - a physio needs not know a thing about football - only about injuries and how to rehabilitate.

Are implying Woman don't know anything about football. Because thats how that sounds? You say sex doesn't affect knowledge of how to run a business or treat injury, does it affect knowledge of football?

Archived