PGC: The Italian Job for FM15

fm-robursiena.png

Here's the post you've all been waiting for....! The watdafq happened? Yeah, I know... What a horrible season... Or was it? Let me explain why my worst position in many season wasn't really that horrific...

First half of the season

x1okgVi.png

Okay, so as you can see above, the first half of the season was an absolute nightmare... Nothing was working... I'm still a bit confused as too why it was so horrific... If it was because the AI figured me out, or because my midfield was to weak to handle my formations or whatever... The point was that action needed to be taken when we reached the winter window...

In came a new tactic, where I try to utilize my fast strikers Fernando and Cotton in new ways while supplementing them with a big striker alone on top... In came that new big striker in Igor Roce from Novara...

pL26ORt.png

...and out of nowhere the team was like a new team... a magnificent (by Siena's standards) second half of the season drew us back to midtable and through to the Italian Cup Final and therefore back in Europe next season...

In fact, the second half of the season was such a success, that my AMR was voted Midfielder of the Year and my new striker was in the running for Striker of the Year and my new DL/WBL was in the running for Defender of the Year...

zKmXjcp.png

1ZWlAMV.png

In fact, I can't remember any season in recent years, where I've had soo many players with that many goals... Even though Cotton was around 10 goals short of his normal standard...

NtlEw5z.png

The future of Siena

With the club having been reduced to a midtable team with an outside chance of Europe in the past many seasons now, the hope is once again to fight for European positions, and the board has therefore said that the minimum expectation is to qualify for Europe this season...

To achieve this, we're hoping that some new players will step up and prove to be key members quickly...

n8NAmdH.png

9vxiYjg.png

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

acc96e10-776c-495b-9719-a9a9434bbc17_zpsjidbyptr.png

EMPOLI IMPROVE

A good season from Empoli and a definite improvement on last seasons struggles. Third place is an excellent finish and keeping in touch with the top 2 who threatened to run away with the league was a real achievement. The managers new tactic has really made a difference this season with the team looking a much more solid unit but goals are proving harder too come by, the top two Petricevic and Bankowski have struggled with injury and form.

The star of the season has too be Rafeal who has looked a class apart the club have already knocked back bids off 31 million and 35 million but with the player tied down too a new contract and expressing his pride at playing for Empoli in a national newspaper it appears he will be going nowhere.

d71a5cb6-c7d2-48f2-ad59-274abe7b337f_zpspgacn83i.png

There was some really top performances throughout the season and the team went on a run of unbeaten games which in other seasons would have been good enough to top the league. With the manager having to miss games firstly due too a stint in rehab and secondly too attend a coaching conference in Scotland it was tough too keep the unbeaten runs going.

848860ff-ebd9-41f2-8a9b-91b4e51ed1cb_zps29sajme9.png 7bfa5bcf-9c30-4209-bd7a-3814b94e6404_zpsp4zzywco.png a450838d-da37-488f-a28f-f533b93826fe_zpsx4iqdpcw.png

Empoli actually did the double over Atalanta maybe getting a little revenge for Atalanta doing the same last year. The second game ended 3-2 with Empoli playing some really nice attacking football throughout the game. The Juventus game was much the same and despite the late goal being the winner it was thoroughly deserved with Empoli controlling the game and looking to score with every attack. A sense of controversy surrounds the Perugia game with the winning goal being assigned to Perugia's keeper as an own goal but the goal came from an inspired piece of skill from Petricevic shooting from a clear 40 yards only for the keeper to palm the dipping shot into his own net, nevertheless the win was a hard fought one and the goal provided the more clinical team with the 3 points.

Andy Gillespie has already been active in the transfer market bringing in Finn Zieler the much sought after attacking midfielder from Dortmund and Mounnier Koushki from Palermo for a knockdown 15million, only 2 years after he commanded a transfer fee off 35 million from german giants Bayern. This solves 2 problems for the coming season, the lack off quality in the attacking midfield third and the loss off Gustavo Avinel back too Toulouse after his loan spell ended. The manager is on record as saying he is looking for another defender and a new striker too fight it out with Bankowski for his spot in the first team.

7aa6f101-01a7-42bd-9e1a-be91ea65b3a0_zpsjwunyyla.jpg

After another disappointing league campaign from Siena its going to be tough to keep a hold of there star players for another year. This once proud club has fast became a breeding ground for young talent but also a selling club where young stars are nurtured and then sold on to the highest bidder. In todays football loyalty is hard to find but it appears the board and manager are powerless to end this sequence and the team will continue too struggle if it keeps losing its best players.

FOR SALE TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER

9a138a62-1e9c-4455-ab88-0cef551d3b69_zpstzqwfuht.png

FOR SALE TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER

c4632ed4-2b5f-4dde-b43a-8bcb4ea466fa_zpsxg9wy1mh.png

Nice to see fm still going strong ... not touched the game since retiring on top well keep an eye out GOOD LUCK SORTING OUT THE FILE SOUNDS LIKE UTTER ****

Cheers Mike. We got the file sorted by going back a few months (which meant we had to replay the entire window). We've done an entire season since then with no further issues. Fingers crossed lol.

4d94dfd0-d8ef-45e7-a479-6f3bac12f740_zpstjddfkyj.png

Labrakis Uses Twitter To Attack Manager Black

Perugia goalkeeper Labrakis has resorted to social media in an effort too force a move from Perugia. The player hasn't been able to convince the manager that hes worthy of first team football and the manager in turn hasn't agreed too sell the player, leaving him rotting on the bench or in the reserves.

7c10f6a5-313a-4036-941d-3a85d3d3916d_zpspuya7jzo.png

With manager Black not flinching in this bitter war of words and the player showing no remorse over his twitter comments this situation is not going to improve in the future, with the player having too see out his contract and leave on a free in the summer.

fm-robursiena.png

We're back, baby!

Siena is back amongst the European places! And if that's not enough, we finished 3rd = CL, baby!

5u6GrTH.png

We didn't have a great start to the season... Playing Atalanta, Juve and Empoli along with two easy games, that we dominated, but didn't win, sent us into a bad start, but we quickly started improving. When we started getting closer to the midway of the league, we found some good form...

iXBJzEU.png

... in fact... we only lost 1 league in the 2nd half of the season!

The most outstanding performance was my AMR...

n8psEmi.png

... who has been the most important player, since I changed my tactics last season...

MhLnTQt.png

My new, cheap GK also had a very good season, and became the GK with the 3rd most clean sheets...

hygcl0t.png

For the new season, I've brought in a few players and said goodbye to lots of fringe players...

sptCqOj.png

Badge_zpscp1dpjqm.png

So ...

The target for the season was reclaim my league crown from Ali and we went about business well we won the league in really good style scoring plenty of goals and notching up a tally of 98 pts 4 points shy of the record of 102 held by the once powerhouse club Juventus, the league itself has become very difficult many think its easy for a club like mine now but playing against many humans and good humans at that its never easy and now that we have about 5 of us all bumping uglies in the top 5 we have some exciting seasons ahead before we bring down the curtain on FM15.

We also captured yet another champions league trophy this season that's now 3 in a row for that competition with a Euro cup the season before, so its fair to say on the European scale my team has been nothing short of brilliant, we also won the Italian cup beating Gilly in the final, the biggest disappointment of my season was losing the club world cup trophy had I won that I would of won everything there was on offer in one season, the disappointing thing was I had 57-6 shots or something along those lines and lost 3-2 ( FM AT ITS BEST :D )

Ali has no doubt been the man to beat in this clan for a wile < :) so to be up mixing it with him and having a close thought battle for the league is great I think this year his team could easily snatch the league back with Stu being a contender as well, Stu seems to have got his act together tactically and if he can make the sessions there is no reason why Stu's qualities wont come to the fort and challenge the big 2 ( Perugia,Atalanta )

There is no lack of competition in the game Siena have also come good marching up the league last season like a bat out of hell, they had a run last year that could of seen them beat anyone and Gilly has the team and the quality to really challenge but the sessions he is missing now with his new job is playing a part in holding him back from really fulfilling his teams full potential.

Champions%20League._zps7qkkvdyz.png

The might Perugia dominating the champions league history tables!! just the way I want it if I can keep this up until the end of the game ill be over the god damn moon!:thup:

Best%20ST%20._zpsck7zggyi.png

The new ST my main man who will be leading the line for Perugia until the end of the game, he is without a doubt one of the best on the file and at 21 and room for improvement I am very excited to be training him up and watching him progress.

TOP%205_zps1hghpcux.png

This is how our season ended we always said it would be brilliant for the human managers to occupy all the top 4 places but as it turns out we now all occupy the top 5 places and soon to be top 6 with Nico improving each year, this is fantastic and makes the game a lot more fun in my honest opinion there is an air of excitement around the place and the banter is flowing on the match days.

This season ..

Win what I can trophy wise and give it my best to hang on to my league trophy, nothing will be easy this year with several managers and teams around me improving but I relish a challenge and cant wait to get it on

I haven't sold many and only bought one player changes are not something that's a must I am lacking in one or two area's but we have the quality in other area's to handle a shortfall.

Till next time !! ova n out.

FEtMKop.png

Alessandro Jacobo - Atalanta

Serie A: Runners Up

Italian Cup: Semi Final

Champions League: Semi Final

A decent season from my side, but one that was overshadowed by last season's successes. Points wise we were pretty close to last season's total, however where we have stood still, everyone else has improved. Congrats to Sean for reclaiming his Serie A crown and congrats to all the other lads who made this season the most competitive yet, with the top four battle going right down to the final day of the season.

Not much else to say here really, we were beaten to the title by Sean's Perugia and knocked out of both the Italian Cup and The Champions League by the very same rampant Perugia side. Zanellato, whilst having another strong season, failed to produce at last season's highs as well as a number of other players. In response to last seasons mistakes, I have brought in two players this window, one ready made for the first team and the other a young player for the future. Whilst it is true that there are probably only a few seasons left, the thought of my number one keeper playing on into his very late 30's is one that doesn't sit well with me (especially considering the fact that I don't have an able back up).

EkvzKaB.jpg

mO6jSD3.jpg

And so the decision was made to splash out a relatively small fee on Damo's young keeper, fending off a bid from Stuart's Palermo in the process. So far he has performed well, nothing spectacular, but better than you'd expect from a 19 year old goalie. Kai Kraska, my new left back has also performed well. Again, nothing amazing here either, but he's been very solid and has helped shore up the defence a tad. So all in all I'm pleased with out limited summer purchases. I'm hopeful that we can give Sean a proper run for his money this season, although losing at home to him again certainly hasn't helped things.

Stuart - Palmo #KnowWhoiAm

First off i have to say big thankyou to the clan for giving my old team back, things went on in the real world that saw me trusting my assman get me into the top 4 ( yeah right ) but it all went wrong as my team fell apart wihtout me and was sacked!!. The members of the clan let me come back to my old club that saw 6 players leave, but to top it all i had no right back had to dip into my youth team. being a member of this clan for so long the dark horse came good and finished 5th, now what you have to remember is Palmo were 13th when i took them over and only missed out on a champions league place last game of the season.

The season was done and all Members found it funny that i had missed out on a top 4 finish but he who laughs last laughs the longest and guess who is BACK WITH A BANG NOW!. I sold both my Forwards ( Wilson 43.5m who is now 29 years old ) and got 2 new ones in and now sit 2nd in the league. I am shocked to be where i am as i still need players in jan, but we are in there fighting it out with the same people who laughed at me last season.

There is life in my Palmo side and with a little backing from the board in jan i look to laugh at the clan, because this CLUB AINT DEAD YET!!!

Summer window Business

20a6jpu.png

Still next time. from FIRED UP MANAGER

NICHOLAS MICHELINI - BOLOGNA

RESUME OF THE SEASON 2030-2031

logo%20bologna.png

Michelini and his men are ready for what they are waiting most. The season has started an amazing win: Dallara was literally on fire when Bologna defeated European Champions Perugia by three goals to two. The team looks solid and ready to compete in the main league even from the first games like the 3-1 with Pro Vercelli and at Palermo say. Walter Burguez still the main striker with no rivals in the team; his 28 goals allow Bologna to believe until the last couple of games to reach the amazing achievement of taking part in the next Europa League. But the true soul of Bologna is Luiz Guilherme; 24 years old brazilian right wing who was acquired from Hajduk Spalato for 4.6M€; his 21 assists are gold for the emilians and his versatility allowed Michelini to put him on the left side or even behind the striker when it was needed. In the end Bologna got another significant win at home with vice European Champions Atalanta and can boast of having defeated both Champions League finalists in addition to a surprising 4-0 win with Juventus. But the bianconeri took their revenge beating i felsinei 3-1 at the Stadium and finally Lazio turned off the last chances of Europe for Bologna with a 2-0. The team ended the season with a good 9th place, a very good result if you consider the 18th place prediction. It was an important season for the Rossoblu who could find their own place in Serie A and they could especially improve the young promises as central defender Daniel Ibrahim; another key player was Michel Atangana, who came from Siena for a million and a half and instantly took the reins of midfield.

RESUME OF THE SEASON

Finish Place: 9th (Prediction: 18th)

TIM Cup: First Round

Wins: 15 - Draw: 11 - Loss: 12

Goal scored: 72 - Goals conceded: 63

Best win: @ Verona (7-1)

Worst loss: with Cesena (1-6)

Top Scorer: Walter Burguez - 28 goals

Player of the Season: Luiz Guilherme - MV: 7.31 (8 goals - 21 assists)

Luiz Guilherme (as of December 2032)

Luiz%20Guilherme_zpslkdygtuj.png

Michel Atangana (as of December 2032)

Michel%20Atangana_zpsggh5ppdo.png

Daniel Ibrahim (as of December 2032)

Daniel%20Ibrahim_zpsoysk579l.png

Stuart - Palmo

2u6cl7o.png

A very good season could of turned into a outstanding one if not for a Europa league final Defeat. a 2-3 loss to Pro Vercelli left a nasty tast in the mouth and took a shine of a stunning 2nd place Finish. We were 2 down but got back into the game with 2 late goals, by this time my team were out on there feet. With little in the way of depth i was unable to make a sub as all i had was 1 keeper on the bench thanks to Sean hurting 2 of my players in game before the Final. A Extra time winner by Lima saw Pro lift the cup and ended my dreams of another Europa cup.

30nc45u.png

My league season was maybe my best season on fm, i say this as i sold all my forward line and replaced it will younger players who were unproven at this level. It was a big risk but boy did it pay off, with the Sale of Wilson really upsetting the board and fans my new strikers had to hit the ground running or i would of been out of a job. Lucky for me they did just that with Rowland proving i was right to sell Wilson. Rowland was brought from L.A Galaxy for 8.5m as Wilson went to Norwich for 42.5m, It has to be the best bit of business i have done on fm15 with Rowland getting 29 league goals in his first season seeing me proved right after all.

2uqc7s2.png

Highlight of the season is of course Finishing 2nd but sticking it to Jonas who was giving it the big one when his side did the double over me only to fall away when it came to the crunch brought a smile to my face ( cream always Rises to the top ). The 6-3 win over sean was always a sweet deal for me, not many people take 4 points off sean now and to hammer him in the manner i did made the victory all the sweeter.

syo5ra.png

2llzrx5.png

qrcegi.png

Summer window so far

2irkz0l.png

2ql7pe0.png

Back up Right back signed on a free

jr9zjl.jpg

1st choice right back on a free from city

5wfj2q.png

Signed from Real on a free and will do a job for sure.

Well thats you upto date on a another season. We move onto our last season of fm15 and i will be all out to win something .

Till then

Badge_zpscp1dpjqm.png

Italian Serie A - Winner

Italian Cup - Winner

Italian Super Cup - Winner

European Super Cup - Winner

Champions League - Winner

Club World Cup - Winner

As shown above our season was outstanding I cant really sum it up in any other words we were solid all season we got pushed hard from Stu's Palermo but every time we took a knock we came back hard, the team showed guts and real consistency I really do love this side and will be gutted when FM15 is over and the Perugia empire is over :(

One last season is on the cards for us PGC lads and its got the ingredients to be a good one with Stu improving all the time and Ali desperate to reclaim his once proudly worn throne, I reckon because I'm changing a fair bit this window It will be very difficult for me to maintain any consistency like I have that season and the one before but you never know.

here is some screenshots from my season.

team%20goals%20._zpsb0piadj6.png

As the folk within the game know iv been trying to break this goals scored record for a few seasons now and fell just short of it a couple of times, iv finally nailed it this season and very happy with that.

GOAL%20MACHINE_zpsar0yhjyo.png

My main man the irreplaceable Hillebrand, this man scored a lot more than whats been shown on these stats he got over 50 goals last season scoring more than he played considering I have two other class strikers this man has done such a great job of keeping them out of the team! best striker I have used in a long time hands down.

Targets for this season..

Currently on 21 trophies ... need to make it 23 to beat Ali's record of 22 so that's one goal, hopefully hang on to my league title and my euro record that would also be awesome, iv decided to make some key changes which is going to have us stumbling for a bit no doubt but I reckon we can still come out this season with one very big smile.

fm-robursiena.png

That's it! Second to last season is over! And it was time for a reality check for Siena...

Last season we had a great run in the second half of the season and finished 3rd in the league and were for the 2nd time in Champions League again... I gave Stu a hard time about this, as he was 3rd before the last game and only narrowly missed out on Champions League with 5th... So, I guess that backfired, as this season we narrowly missed out on Champions League after a horrific final few games in the league, where Juventus and Siena kept switching places.

But despite the fact that we finished 2 places below the season before, it's still a massive improvement from the many year of underachieving and not getting European football...

We saw some outstanding performances from several players...

Al-Suwaidi, my young star I bought from Manchester City a while back, finally settled properly and had a great season, where he won Young Player of the Year (with Fernando getting 3rd!)... He was also 2nd in Serie A Midfield of the Year...

UNVgIwk.png

rnRtZd4.png

I dabbled a little with my formation throughout the season, which greatly benefitted Fernando... He normally plays Inside Forward on the AML position, but was moved into a striker position from time to time, which meant he was my top scorer with 28 goals...

eVnFL7V.png

In general, you can see that we had a decent amount of goals, and Wellington Paulista, my young striker who has taken over from Igor Roce, came back from loan halfway through the season and did excellent...

qL9kgXE.png

The final season...

For the final season of FM15, my transfer acitivies have amounted to the following:

FVA91Vb.png

Several players have been sold and a few first teamers have been bought...

Lashley is a player, I've tried to sign for several seasons, and it finally happened!

S1voY3d.png

...and Clegg is a nice addition to my defence...

xOHuIMJ.png

FEtMKop.png

Alessandro Jacobo - Atalanta

Serie A: 3rd

Italian Cup: Semi Final

Champions League: 1st Round Knockout

A step backwards for us this season as we slipped to 3rd in the league and were knocked out of the CL by Barcelona. I'm hoping it is 1 step backwards and 2 steps forward for the forthcoming season, but that would be pretty optimistic. As well as Sean's rampant Perugia, I now have to deal with Stu's emerging Palermo, who set Serie A alight last season with some scintillating performances: most notable a 6-3 win over aforementioned Perugia.

I have splashed the cash this season, after a consortium swopped in and (rather pointlessly) injected some much needed cash into the club. A bit of a shame it has arrived so late in the network game, as I reckon I could have challenged Sean's Perugia much more ferociously if i'd have had this small windfall earlier on. That said, I have blown wads of cash on ageing stars, such as Bade, a legendary 29 year old, Brazilian striker and Omar Ledesma, a world-class central midfielder (who promptly did his knee ligaments in a few days after joining). A waste of £87m, that one.

IrJ5bBQ.jpg

uepAGuy.jpg

I've been trialling a new club philosophy I intend to take over into FM16, which (without giving too much away) has allowed me to sell 2 youth prospects for a combined total of £89m. Not bad going for two players aged 21, especially considering that they not what pundits would call 'top top tier'.

NICHOLAS MICHELINI - BOLOGNA

RESUME OF THE SEASON 2031-2032

logo%20bologna.png

It was a transition season for Bologna for sure. The main problem of Michelini's men were the many injuries and a number of goals conceded which was definitively too high: 82. This probably happened because the italian manager is betting so much on his young central defender Daniel Ibrahim; this was his very first season where he had a main role as starter, but everybody knows in Serie A TIM experience is what you need most and even if his technique attributes are out of discussion, that was probably his main missing this year. With the emilians still playing with a one striker formation the best one could only be Walter Burguez again. His 30 goals was one of the few positive statistics for the Rossoblu and allowed a safe mid-table position. The team did a little step back and you can see that just thinking about the unbelievable KO inflicted to big teams like Perugia or Atalanta in the previous seasons. There was a home 9-2 to Pro Vercelli but that seemed to be just a good day where everything worked. So no continuity of results and no defense left Dallara supporters with a bad taste about this year. But Luiz Guilherme is growing so well and he's already a key player. Some good shots in the market were taken anyway, like the brazilian left back Edu (2.5M€) and the playmaker Evandro Lemes (14.25M€), both coming from relegated Cesena. No doubts with a good summer window Bologna can easily improve that 11th place.

RESUME OF THE SEASON

Finish Place: 11th (Prediction: 13th)

TIM Cup: First Round

Wins: 14 - Draw: 6 - Loss: 18

Goal scored: 69 - Goals conceded: 82

Best win: with Pro Vercelli(9-2)

Worst loss: @ San Marino (0-4)

Top Scorer: Walter Burguez - 30 goals

Player of the Season: Walter Burguez - MV: 7.35 (30 goals - 5 assists)

Edu

Evandro Lemes

• 2 weeks later...

My time in this clan.

Having decided to join the PGC clan midway through their 8th season i decided to take a challenge and go into the bottom tier knowing fine well that a lot of quality managers were already either in A or B with good sides, my chosen side was Perugia a team who had decent credentials on paper but had somewhat suffered and fallen away down the divisions.

PERUGIA.._zpsyrpp1sbv.png

I joined in January and took over a team sitting around 7th in the table not to high up but not to low either there was a chance to put together a tactic and form and kick on and thats exactly what we did, it was unlucky that we did not win the league we had one or two very strange games were a sending offs and other bits of luck went against us.

Serie%20C%20playoff_zpstmssicbn.png

This was the playoff final which turned out to be one hell of a hard thought battle against a team i knew very little about, but that is were FM is fun for me going into the unknown and challenging yourself to the max.

Serie B

going into Serie B we didnt have a dime as expected coming from Serie C, we relied on free's, loans and picking up players for the price of potatoes, we started off with what u can only call a bedding in season were we finished 9th then it was followed by another season of transitional change, after that we finally got our act together and put together a team of players who fitted my tactic well.

Serie%20B%20Winner_zps8nk5amtl.png

This was our third season were we went on to break the record in Serie B scoring the most goals and points the league had ever had which was a great feeling, it was now time for my club to step into A with the big boys which at the time had a good few class managers already in it at top 4 clubs.

Serie A

My first season in A was a huge success we managed to finish 5th which is amazing considering we had spent nothing and our team wasn't that long out of Serie C.

LATEST%20%205th%20PLACE_zpszotmxcmw.png

This was our position in our first season, making the Euro cup and the added pressure of more matches meant it was time to open up the book and attempt to make a few signings, at this point i had spent no money what so ever my balance had grown to around 30 million in the clear and even still i only spent around 15m of my 30m budget to launch an assault on the league and euro next season.

What happened next season was shocking we were dominating and losing, new signings had not gelled and morale was at an all time low, we were having as many as 30 shots to the AI's 1 and losing the match to an own goal or something silly, we got to january in the bottom 3 and my job after everything i had done was very insecure, we got to the winter break and we decided to bring in a player called Matt Le Guen and another called Coppens both players cost a total of 20m which was a sign of intent from me trying to save my job we also loaned a couple, and we went from bottom 3 to finishing in a very handy Euro spot :) quite a good turnaround.

Next year was the year things got crazy for Perugia we got taken over by a tycoon a man who came in and instantly demanded success, he gave me money in one season that i had not spent in all of the years i had been at Perugia so far, but with his money came demands and the pressure cranked up i had to deliver or i was out the door.

First%20season%20with%20suger%20daddy_zpskkl3bz3j.png

This was our first season with the Tycoon in charge it was beyond even the demanding money mans expectation of top 4 we finished in a very handy second place just behind the power house Juve who at the time were dominating the league year after year like an unstoppable force, this was a positive sign that Perugia were no longer the small side from Serie C or the underdogs in A who had rose through the ranks they had become a force to be reckoned with!

Champions%20league%20winners_zpsp94y77kt.png

This is a list of our Champions league success, 5 times in a row was an achievement beyond my wildest dreams if i am honest it is hard to win one never mind 5 times in a row, and the season before that i won the Euro cup as well so that is 6 euro trophies in a row!

Serie%20A%20winners_zpsbqnrpjou.png

This is how we done in the league, it was tough for a little bit to break Juve this team was like a lion in a zoo full of buffalo and could not be stopped, but once the balance was right and Quality was brought in that could stand up and match the mighty Juve we never looked back, Ali won himself a league in between our reign of titles and i congratulate him for that he also built a very good team at Atalanta and it was a massive credit to my side keeping one as good as his trophy shy :p

SUPER%20CUP_zpshlm2spx9.png

this is just another screenshot of some of the success my team had.

We also dominated the world club, Italian cup and basically every other trophy we took part in in the latter seasons in the game, winning had become a must for my side the demands were always to win all the time the pressure was so high a slump was unforgivable but we always managed to deliver and that is something i am proud of.

In the grand scheme of things i know the tycoon and money played a part in my success, but that aside id consider my coming up from C to 5th in A spending nothing a massive success and i reckon the way we were improving rapidly would of only continued we were never a club who were in the red financially we had been managed well, we got lucky with the tycoon certainly but all in all it has been nothing short of a great year and i thank the people at PGC for letting me come in and experience what can only be described as the best online clan FM has to offer!

Next year we sample Belgium and i will be more than happy to take part and once again display what i have to offer.

GOOD SEASON EVERYONE - SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SAS Epinal (mid-season) - AS Nancy Lorraine (pre-season)

Well, good evening folks, here we are again.

After abrief absence towards the end of FM15, i re-joined Clan de la PGC midway through 2016/17 season, my options with regard to what club to take over were slightly limited, i could pick from any of the bottom 7 clubs in the French National league, under normal circumstances that would be plenty, but on this occasion, upon inspection i immediately noticed 2 of them were already being controlled by human managers, La Berrichone were also unavailable in the interest of fair play (they had only been just been relegated and still boasted a "professional" status.) that left 4 and with 2 of them firmly planted in the relegation zone it really came down to a choice of 2.

SAS Epinal

Having no previous experience or knowledge of the lower french leagues it really was a question of pot luck, i chose SAS Epinal who were currently 1 place above the relegation zone.

After taking control and looking at the clubs financial status 1 thing was clear, I was going to have to do my best with the players i had, there wasn't even enough to sign free players with a wage budget already in the red.

My squad didn't lighten my mood either, we were extremely low on numbers and very unbalanced, after picking my team i was left with a bench full of defenders.

Even so, things started positively, winning my first 2 fixtures 3-0 and 2-0, Unfortunately, it didn't last and we quickly found ourselves in a downward spiral, of the 22 games that remained of the season we went on to lose 16, winning a pathetic 2 and drawing the rest, that was enoughg to see us finish the season in the relegation zone and consequently, spelled the end of my time at SAS Epinal.

AS Nancy Lorraine

I chose AS Nancy to begin the new campaign, they had been relegated 2 seasons before, but as they were previously managed by Fallon i was confident the club would be in relatively good shape, I wasn't disappointed, but the size of the squad was a concern as a number of players had recently left on a free.

Thankfully, this time there was money in the pot, the board had given 10k Transfer budget and 1.5k p/wk wages.

While waiting for reports i'd requested from my scouts my attention turned to my current squad, 1 player inparticular stood out. Remi Walker M©

He was of a standard much higher than the french national league so i was disappointed, but not suprised to see he was currently unsettled, he also had just 11 months remaining on his contract and with a value of 325k (a phenomenal amount for a club in french national) i had no choice.

I offered him to other clubs for a price of 950k (aim high right,) unsuprisingly there were no takers so i reduced it to 600k and JACKPOT, 2 bids of 600k were recieved and quickly accepted.

Meanwhile scouting reports were beginning to trickle in so it was time to identify my top targets, with the sale of our best midfielder imminent, that immediately became my priority position in need of strengthening.

This is a screenshot of all my completed transfer activity up to the first game of the season, followed by a screenshot of each players profile page:-

Nancy transfer page:

N. Doumbia DM,M© 8.25k

C. Robert ST© free

K. Nsor AM®,ST© free

A. Ndom DM,M© (loan)

Y. Aouladzian M© (loan)

H. Naim AM©,ST© free

Q. Bur AM© free

L. Fortuna D(LC) free

A. Goulard D© free

L. Diallo AM(RL) 28K

C. Dielna D(LC) free

PLAYERS SOLD:

Remi Walker

There is still time before the end of thetransfer window to bring in 1 or 2 more new faces, but i'm generally happy with my squad, i'm confident of challenging for promotion in the upcoming campaign.

Archived