PC Performance Star Rating

So I got a new computer. It has a better processor (2.8Ghz), more RAM (4GB) and includes a dedicated graphic card too and the PC Performance rating is 3 stars when I load England with Premier Division Only.

The precious PC I ran football manager had a slower processor (2.3GHz) less RAM (2GB) but the PC performance rating was 4.5 stars when I loaded England with Primer Division Only.

Is my new PC slower or is the Star Rating showing incorrect information ?

Is it the same amount of cores in the processor? It could be that your first processor had four cores and your new one only have two. That would make your first processor better even though each core was slightly slower.

But yeah, I think the star ratings are often not something you should care about. I usually load enough players and leagues to get a star rating of a half star. About 10-15 leagues loaded in fully, and most other available leagues loaded as view-only and on top of that I load extra players from around the world giving a total of around 100.000 players. It's still fast enough. I've never thought that the loading times where bad regardless of the low star rating for that setup.

It might be down to the processors but my new PC has a 4GB RAM while the previous one had only 2. Surely the memory would play a part in that too right.

I don't have the full specifications for the previous one.

FM is still a 32bit application, so you won't have all the benefits from this jump. It should help however, so I'm very curious to see the exact difference between the two processors.

Do you have a 64bit operating system?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/639540/how-much-memory-can-a-32-bit-process-access-on-a-64-bit-operating-system

The star rating is just a guide and has not really been that reliable.

Additionally the processing speed for one person is more or less acceptable to another. Some people race through seasons, some people go slower. Some people like large db with multi leagues and some people don't, some people like having the lower leagues and some people don't.

I generally have more leagues / larger player db more than what the game calculates and for me its OK and has either 3 to 5 stars. As a guide base pgame performance on what you got for FM14 as it will be near enough the same and add / remove leagues / players accordingly

my computer sounds a lot like your new one, same ghz and ram. ive played the last 2 FM's with over 100,000 players and 20-30 leagues active. i only have a 1/2 star rating but it moves along fine. it might be slow if you like real fast moving games but it doesnt seem slow to me

Archived