FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

150px-B%C3%BCy%C3%BCk%C5%9Fehir_Belediye_Erzurumspor.jpg

2019/2020 Season Review

League Table

Well that was a disappointing season, finishing in a sad 10th. Just inconsistent all season long, especially on offense. Really faded at the end though going 8 games without a win but still managing 5 draws. On reflection, it's probably not surprising as I think I over emphasized youth in my acquisitions. All of my main attackers were 20 or younger as well as my two starting center backs. On the bright side, I think I can keep this group together and we should only get better.

Squad

Sahin Aktas led the offense with 16 goals and 11 assists. Rather frustrating player. My coaches love him, telling me he's a good Super League player right now. And very durable and Turkish, both plusses. But he misses a lot of shots, tends to go through pretty big goal droughts and really doesn't fit my offense. Really needs another striker or at least an AMC playing with him I think. Not quite sure what the future holds with him but he's signed for two years and has a massive minimum release clause.

Dario Capan was a big success, winning the League Young Player of the Year award. Really nice catalyst in the midfield, a bit injury prone though.

Josep ended up netting 4 goals for us to go with 7 assists. Definitely a bit disappointing, but he does team with Aktas pretty well. Add Capan as an AMC and they make for an intriguing front three if I can figure out how to set up the rest of the team behind them.

In the midfield, Burak Sahin and Aqsin Qurbanli although Sahin annoyed me by demanding a new contract after a Bucaspor transfer offer even though he was already my highest paid player. But I gave in to keep the squad cohesion. Sefer Sever is declining I think. Still putting up good ratings but just isn't producing goals or assists. I'm going to look for a young apprentice for his winger spot.

I was pretty happy with my defense, both of my young center backs more than held their own. I really love Murat, nice aggressive player and chips in goals on set pieces. Taylan Ozturk is developing nicely on the right side. My left fullback is still a weakness that I didn't solve this year. The lack of offense from over there probably didn't help us. Carre continues to get better, finished 3rd in shutouts. Really the only shots he and my defense in general have a problem handling are cannon shots from straight out beyond the penalty area.

Turkish Cup

A favorable draw saw us reach the group stage but the group was a bit of a disaster for us. We won both of our games over league mates (and relegated) Yeni Malatyaspor, but Trabzonspor and Galatasaray combined to beat us 18-4 in 4 games. To be fair, I started backup goalkeepers in both road games, which were massive failures.

Youth Uptake

I actually got a couple of interesting players this year, both of them AMCs.

Yosuf Onder should become a strong playermaker. Nice determination and either footed is a big bonus.

Turgay Albayrak looks good to, maybe more of an attacker. Could be moved to striker as well.

Abbas Aydemir also has some nice potential. Currently listed as a center midfielder, I'm planning on moving him out to a wing.

Finances

Looking good as we made a profit again. The cup games helped and we got some pretty substantial cash for being the most disciplined team as well. No facility upgrades currently planned, the board just isn't budging.

I think we'll rebound next year with more experience and a couple targeted upgrades rather than the major changes we've seen the last two offseasons. Already grabbed one major upgrade, an Azjerbaijan international to team with Qurbanli. Emin Mehdiyev is coming over from Qurbanli's old side, Neftci, on a free. Find a real left back, keep the squad essentially intact and I think we'll be in good shape.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, anyone wanna see something crazy? This is what one of my young players' profile looked like when I went to look at him during tutoring. His reports suddenly said he was a PTT1 level player and a day later BOOM, green arrows all over the place. I've actually never seen anything like it.

Woah! That's impressive. PTT1 player?

Vitor is playing well thankfully, it's the other midfielder (Matos) who's struggling. That said, we have won our first SEVEN league games of the season, so I can't complain! Long way to go in this league but it's a very promising start

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

(Season 12) - 2026/2027

Spor Toto Super League

LeagueTAble-2.png

Wow! What a season! We were superb home and away and only missed out on a Champions League place on the second last game of the season when we lost to Rizespor 2-1 away as I had made all my substitutions and then two players got injured, so we finished the game with 9 players and conceded two with the 9 players on the pitch. Anyway, apart from that, we won the second most games, lost the second least amount and scored the second most goals, so I think we kind of deserved to finish 2nd, however, no complaints with our amazing 3rd place finish which should help with everything for next season! Woop woop!

Transfers

Transfers-7.png

Transfers In - Two experienced foreigners arrived on a free transfer who went straight to the first XI.

Transfers Out - Three players left on free transfers, the first two were just not good enough and were costing me too much in wages and the third was a youth player who couldn’t make the step up, the rest were all of my U21 players who went out on loan, all were offers and no forced loans by myself to my affiliate clubs.

Squad

Squad-6.png

Team Report

GK - Another solid season from Couilbaly, and when Akdeniz was required while his colleague was away in the African Cup of Nations, he performed admirably.

DEF - My defence is pretty much established and Riviere slotted in perfectly at the beginning of the season and another good season from the defence and the substitutions.

MID - We have so many options in this department and every single one of them contributed in one way or another, probably the strongest department in my team.

ST - Last but not least, we've been struggling for goals ever since we entered the Spor Toto Super League but this season, there were no issues, Abouna was the main striker and player of the season and he managed to score 19 goals in 30 games and Seyit Balci his sub managed to also chip in with 14 goals from 30 games as well, most off the bench.

Player of the Season Stephane Abouna

Ziraat Turkish Cup

Fixtures

GroupG.png

We once again managed to get to the group stages but didn’t perform or collect enough points against the other teams, no big issues as our performance in the League made up for this.

Finances

Finances-5.png

For the first time in a few years I am actually in profit! Further to this, the first time in 4 seasons in the Spor Toto Super League I was actually awarded money for our position in the league which I used to invest in the facilities and finally two of my sponsors are running out this season, which couldn’t have happened at a better time so I am hoping for a lot more sponsorship money than the measly £1million I was getting per season.

UPDATE

Sponsorship.png

Great, its been increased by 200k!

Other

Overachievers

Manager of the year

I can't believe that I bought him for 30k and sold him for £1.2million and then PSG paid £12million for him!

Profile - Wow

Next Season

I love this game and really hope I can have some consistency and be in Europe again next season!

iacovone - You're creeping up the table and it’s only a matter of time before you get promoted

Romanista1994 - For the first time in 4 seasons in the Spor Toto Super League I was actually paid money for my end of season league finish? Have you had this before?

duccio - Welcome, congrats and good luck for next season! Seems like a really successful season and I'm enjoying the layout of your updates.

Tecmo - Unlucky with the season mate, there’s something about Turkey and consistency and it just doesn’t go together!

duccio - Congrats on the promotion! Also nice to see your finances not being terrible in the Italian lower leagues.

Tecmo - Keeping a core group of players together will help you immensely next season, definitely the way to go.

Woah! That's impressive. PTT1 player?

Vitor is playing well thankfully, it's the other midfielder (Matos) who's struggling. That said, we have won our first SEVEN league games of the season, so I can't complain! Long way to go in this league but it's a very promising start

PTT1 is the second tier in Turkey, not the best league, but still impressive to have that level of ability at 16.

That's an awesome start, btw!

Romanista1994 - For the first time in 4 seasons in the Spor Toto Super League I was actually paid money for my end of season league finish? Have you had this before?

Well, first off fantastic season, enjoy your European trips next year! Abouna is a great player, gotta love those Cameroonian superstars. \o/

I've never gotten league position money in the Super League. Maybe it's only given to teams that finish in the top few places?

Funny that Deila is Gala manager in both our games.

duccioWell, first off fantastic season, enjoy your European trips next year! Abouna is a great player, gotta love those Cameroonian superstars. \o/

I've never gotten league position money in the Super League. Maybe it's only given to teams that finish in the top few places?

Funny that Deila is Gala manager in both our games.

Thank you, how are you getting along with finances and sponsorships?

Thank you, how are you getting along with finances and sponsorships?

Finances are pretty good, we've stayed around £4.5M-£5M most of the season despite the £1.4M outlay on a leftback. We'll also be getting money from most of our sales for the next few months/years. Last year they went up to £10M, but I managed to wrest £5M investment in facility upgrades from the board to avoid tax. Sponsorship is around £1M with none of the deals ending this year, so it might be a while until that goes up.

What level are your facilities now? Btw, that Malitoli transfer is exactly why I'm willing to accept lower transfer fees for my players in exchange for 50% of the next transfer fee (not profit), think of how much money that could have netted you!

Machico Season 9 - 2023-24 - October Update

ScreenShot2015-01-20at203124_zpsbcf47c32.png

I don't know what to say really! This has been an unprecedented start to the season. As ever I used the Taca da Liga as our pre-season so we can largely ignore the results there and just focus on the league, where we've won 9 out of 9! It won't last of course but this puts in prime contention for promotion. There is of course, loads of work to be done and we need to get lucky with avoiding injuries if we're to do it but I couldn't have asked for a greater start to our third season in the Segunda.

ScreenShot2015-01-20at203847_zps9b28ac10.png

You'll see from here that we have two of the stars in the division. Pedro Jesus has been unstoppable from the right-wing, whilst Pedro Figueira has led the line expertly.

Also, remember, the B teams cannot get promoted so effectively we're 10 points clear already

Laptop overheats right when we're leading in a pretty important game. Fun.

Edit: Replayed the two games that I lost. Drew 1-1 against Galatasaray (instead of losing) and won 2-0 against Göztepe (we conceded the first time around, although I managed to turn the game around with some tactical changes). I ACCEPT.

The latter result also means this:

zOuqc68.png

150px-B%C3%BCy%C3%BCk%C5%9Fehir_Belediye_Erzurumspor.jpg

2020/2021 Season Preview

Transfer History

Well, I was quite happy with how the offseason was going. Thought I had filled my holes nicely and added some prospects for the future without losing anyone. Then Alanyaspor swooped in and grabbed Sahin Aktas. I can't really say I'm surprised, my coaches were already telling me he was a decent Super League player and he really didn't fit my single striker system, but it still stings a bit. But the 625K we're getting and 25% of next sale helps to ease that sting.

We brought in 4 players that I expect to make a major impact this season.

LB Serhat Ustun was our biggest signing, a 20 year old from Giresunspor with strong defensive skills and the skills to contribute on offense.

MC Baris Ustun returns after a season and a half in Akhisar. Really wanted to add another midfielder who can score and Ustun fits that nicely. He should give me a nice midfield rotation with Qurbanli, Avcu and Capan.

DC Emin Mehdiyev was mentioned in the end of season review, a center back signed from Azerbaijan. He is also capable of playing striker with good target man attributes, that may become important with the loss of Aktas.

ST Vedat Budak was signed to replace Aktas although he'll act more as Josep's backup. A teammate of Usten's in Akhisar, he should make a good second striker and take some pressure off some of my younger guys.

I think a lot of the upcoming season hinges on Josep. After a disappointing first season, I'm hoping he has adapted to life in Turkey. He should be a pretty ideal single striker with his strength and work rate. If we can score a bit more, out defense should be even better than last year and we should be in a strong position to make a push for promotion.

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Batman PetrolSpor 2022/23 Update

The Club

Manager Profile | Staff | Team Report | Information | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

The Japanese FA wanted me to manage their national team, but I duly rejected their advances in compliance with challenge rules. Our finances are looking very good, while on the facilities front we expanded our youth recruitment network this year, which is now at an established level. For the past few years we've been sourcing youth players from not only the Batman province (where we're the dominant club by some distance), but also neighbouring provinces, so we're in effect attracting players from an area with around 4-5 million inhabitants. In addition to this, we arguably the best junior coaching in Turkey, although the board has rejected my requests to improve this further.

Spor Toto Super League

Predicted finish: 10th

Actual Finish: 8th

League Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

We started off brilliantly, but then our form dipped on several occasions and we dropped all the way down to 14th at one point. Luckily, our form turned around (in part due to everyone being delighted at the change of captain following Da Ros' departure) and towards the end of the season we managed to string together multiple wins, which in the end brought us up to 8th.

Cup

Winners!

I said last year that I wanted us to do better in the cup this season, and the players responded by winning it. The highlight of our run has to be the 4-0 aggregate win over Fenerbahçe, where their ex-players Salih Uçan and Mehmet Ocak both scored in both legs. The final was a tense affair against very tough opposition in Bursaspor, but Yiğit Konuk showed that he can rise up to the big occasions by scoring the only goal of the game.

Squad

Squad Screen 1 | Squad Screen 2

Most Appearances: Abdurrahman Aksu (36 starts, 3 sub)

Top Goalscorer: Yiğit Konuk (21)

Most Assists: Yiğit Konuk (9)

Highest Average Rating: Salih Uçan (7.28)

Konuk dominated both the goalscoring and assist charts for us, while Salih Uçan did great in his first season for the club.

Special mentions go out to Atınç Nukan, Nelson Delgado, Burak Yurunuş, Mehmet Ademoglü, Kemal Efe, Jules Ebwelle and Mehmet Ocak for their performances. Due to the latter's goalscoring feats we have two players achieve double figures in terms of goals for the first time.

Previous Season Goals

-Qualify for Europe - Success - I was hoping to qualify through league position, but I'll take it!

-Improved cup run - Success - We won it, can't do much better than that.

-Continue developing a Turkish spine for the team - Success - We have the next Bülent Korkmaz, the next Rıza Çalımbay, the new Engin İpekoğlu, the next Caner Erkin (three of them!), the next Ömer Toprak and the next Suat Kaya, as well as some other prospects who don't aren't being compared to famous players, so I'd say the future is looking very bright indeed.

Next Season Goals

-Meet the board's goals domestically - We'll have to cope with a lot more games next season and the board will probably increase their expectations, so I'll be happy to just meet whatever they ask of me.

-Avoid embarrassment in Europe - This will be our first season ever playing continental football and, based on how our first time in the Super League went, I'm not holding out too much hope.

-Develop the club's infrastructure - European football should bring in some extra money, which can hopefully be invested in our facilities to ensure our success in the long-term.

Career

|  Season  |    League    |  Position   |      Cup      |   Avg. Att.   | Season Tickets (Change) |        Achievements       |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  15/16   |    2L Red    |     7th     |    2nd Rnd    |      959      |        623   (+90)      |                           |
|  16/17   |    2L Red    |     1st     |    3rd Rnd    |     1053      |        645   (+22)      |   Promoted as Champions   |
|  17/18   |    PTT 1.    |     2nd     |  Group Stage  |     2671      |       1527  (+882)      |          Promoted         |
|  18/19   | Super League |    18th     |    4th Rnd    |     6698      |       4570 (+3043)      |         Relegated         |
|  19/20   |    PTT 1.    |     1st     |    3rd Rnd    |     4447      |       3934  (-636)      |   Promoted as Champions   |
|  20/21   | Super League |    10th     |    4th Rnd    |     7545      |       6640 (+2706)      |                           |
|  21/22   | Super League |     7th     |    4th Rnd    |     7559      |       6741  (+101)      |                           |
|  22/23   | Super League |     8th     |    Winners    |     7807      |       6890  (+149)      |   European Qualification  |

Machico Season 9 - 2023-24 - January Update

ScreenShot2015-01-21at025655_zps0ba90d94.png

So after our highly impressive start to the season it was onto the grind. Now the games came thick and fast and defeats were inevitable really. And so they came. Firstly Feirense beat us 3-1 on the road and with us rocked we could only draw the next game with Oriental. A late defeat at home to Uniao de Madeira hurt and we went on to lose heavily at Guimaraes - one of the sides who were relegated from the top flight last season.

But after that we just about got back on track in the months leading up to Christmas. Beating Porto B away from home was a great result and although we lost 2-1 to Benfica in the Taca de Portugal (a VERY close defeat), we kept up good form in the league. Three wins in our last four games of this period made sure we stayed at the top of the table.

ScreenShot2015-01-21at025717_zps21707e16.png

So 22 games into our ninth season and we're still top of the pile, seven points clear of Chaves, our nearest promotion rivals. Pedro Jesus has been simply ridiculous all season and has already broken the 20-goal mark from right wing. What a man! Figueira's dropped off somewhat but Balsamo and Sarkic are filling in nicely up top.

Got another update coming hot on the heels of this one but first up:

ScreenShot2015-01-22at113744_zps088d70d1.png

This was interesting. Would it mean investment from the new man?

ScreenShot2015-01-22at115209_zps52a84ec7.png

Local businessmen aren't known for huge investment...

ScreenShot2015-01-22at115222_zps85c3efe4.png

Oh I see... So a loan was taken out to erase about £3m worth of debt. Repayments of £45k per month begin... so here's a look at our finances post-loan:

ScreenShot2015-01-22at115235_zps7e8aea28.png

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Season 9 Preseason Report

Summer Transfer Window

Transfers

A couple of sales of note. I let a versatile rightback/centreback go to Rizespor for £450k (potentially rising to £500k) because he hadn't progressed as much as I'd hoped and he wasn't performing that great, so I didn't do too much negotiating. Halil Tuna also left after several years playing for us, as Muhammet Cenk Güzel had made his presence redundant. Two of our youth players also fetched transfer fees, with both of them joining the same club within days of each other. They'll be playing in the tier below ours and I'm hoping that they can have good careers at that level, because they hadn't progressed enough to keep up with our growth. The orange squares beside their names are because I've attached notes to them, to highlight their weaknesses and exploit them in the future. It's time to be ruthless.

Friendly Results

Friendlies

I scheduled a friendly against Arsenal to get the players used to the type of opposition they'll be facing on the continent. Surprisingly, our first choice lineup managed to hold them to a 0-0 score in the first half and the backups only conceded one goal, so I was very impressed that we didn't embarrass ourselves against one of the top teams.

TFF Super Cup

Lost 2-0 vs. Galatasaray

Disappointing to lose by two goals, although it is to be expected as Galatasaray are a very strong team. It does show that we're still some way off from the top teams in the league, but we simply can't compete financially with them at the moment and it will likely be many years before we can match the likes of Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and Besiktaş in terms of wages and attendances.

Current First Eleven

GK: Hakan Bülbül - At the age of 20 he's already a leading Super League goalkeeper, my only fear is that one of the top teams in the league might want to snap him up in the future in which case there will not be much I can do.

RB: Burak Yurunuş - Solid rightback.

CB: Nelson Delgado - His development has stalled a bit, he needs to kick on and really make the most of his time here, otherwise I'll have to sell him.

CB: Atınç Nukan - Our captain, whose perfomances have improved as his understanding of the game grows.

LB: Sertaç Fırat - He's a very good leftback and I'm worried that we'll lose him if his £2M release clause is activated. I'll need to sit down with him at some point this season to get a new deal where it'll be harder for him to be signed.

DM: Abdurrahman Aksu - Our best youth product so far has developed into a very solid defensive midfielder.

RM: Kemal Efe - I'm trying to develop his game to be slightly more rounded, although I can't complain about his performances.

CM: Salih Uçan - He really hit the ground running last year, should once again be a vital cog in our midfield.

CM: Jules Ebwelle - Continues to grow and is still one of our best players.

LM: Shane Ferguson - He's starting to show signs of ageing, hopefully Cenk Güzel will be ready to replace him by the time his contract ends.

ST: Yiğit Konuk - Him scoring the winning goal in the Cup final came as no surprise, as he's developed into an absolute beast for us.

Finances are pretty good, we've stayed around £4.5M-£5M most of the season despite the £1.4M outlay on a leftback. We'll also be getting money from most of our sales for the next few months/years. Last year they went up to £10M, but I managed to wrest £5M investment in facility upgrades from the board to avoid tax. Sponsorship is around £1M with none of the deals ending this year, so it might be a while until that goes up.

What level are your facilities now? Btw, that Malitoli transfer is exactly why I'm willing to accept lower transfer fees for my players in exchange for 50% of the next transfer fee (not profit), think of how much money that could have netted you!

I am jealous, that is superb mate. In regards to Malitoli, it was not negotiable and he just put a minimum release clause fee in there when I first signed him and I therefore had no way to negotiate it once Ajax bid for him.

iacovone - I still don't understand the Portuguese league, but you're at the top of the table so that is a good thing!

Romanista1994 - Congrats on the season and Cup run, although you've gone down in league position from the season before, I still think its progress as you're in league and whether you're 8th or 10th there is no difference.

In other news, I'm trying not go get sacked :)

I am jealous, that is superb mate. In regards to Malitoli, it was not negotiable and he just put a minimum release clause fee in there when I first signed him and I therefore had no way to negotiate it once Ajax bid for him.

Ah, right, fair enough then, hate agents that won't negotiate a deal without release clauses.

Romanista1994 - Congrats on the season and Cup run, although you've gone down in league position from the season before, I still think its progress as you're in league and whether you're 8th or 10th there is no difference.

In other news, I'm trying not go get sacked :)

I agree, I'll be happy as long as I'm meeting the board's expectations in the league the next few years. Then I'll hopefully have good enough facilities to guarantee a consistent stream of academy graduates, with whom I hope to eventually challenge for Europe and the league title. Atm, it's just a matter of finding good deals to ensure that the club is reasonably competitive while improving the club in terms of infrastructure, so in many cases I'm basically buying low and selling high (see Muharrem Barış). Once our income and attendances grow I'm hoping to have enough saved up for a new stadium, which should also ensure that the club continues to grow.

On another note, I hope you manage to turn it around!

Edit: Btw, has the money you get for wins and draws in the Super League gone down at all in your save? In mine it has dropped from £386k per win two seasons ago to £352k this season. Not a massive difference, obviously, but it still adds up!*

Edit 2:

fmK8owy.png

Not a chance in hell that we qualify from that, I'm hoping to not finish on 0 points, really.

Edit 3: *Make that £324k, with £162k for draws, that's a slightly bigger difference than I remembered and will definitely add up over the course of a season. Also, our TV deal went from £5M to £4.5M iirc. :/

Edit 4: Sertaç Fırat just became the first player to be capped by Turkey while at the club!

So my new signee looks promising...

Ben Gozlan

He can't actually join us until the January transfer window, at which point I'll have to figure out which of my 3 current foreign players to move, but damn. Ridiculous speed/strength combo, especially for this level. He's all ready considered a good player for most Super League teams at 19 and he's fairly profession, so should be able to develop nicely.

Batman v Dortmund, guess the score? Yep, you're just as surprised as I am.

So my new signee looks promising...

Ben Gozlan

He can't actually join us until the January transfer window, at which point I'll have to figure out which of my 3 current foreign players to move, but damn. Ridiculous speed/strength combo, especially for this level. He's all ready considered a good player for most Super League teams at 19 and he's fairly profession, so should be able to develop nicely.

He'll destroy that league. Do you your scouts/coaches say anything about his consistency or how he does in big matches? Either way, he's way too good for that level and he's the type of striker that will keep scoring in the Super League.

Edit 3: *Make that £324k, with £162k for draws, that's a slightly bigger difference than I remembered and will definitely add up over the course of a season. Also, our TV deal went from £5M to £4.5M iirc. :/

£353k a win and £176k a draw.

Superb game, looks a bit fiery though with the number of cards!

duccio - well done on promotion in just your second season!

Tecmo - hopefully you can improve on the mid-table finishes soon

IAO - great season to finish 3rd, just a shame you're in a league where only the top 2 get CL! excellent profit on Malitoli as well!

Romanista - excellent cup win and subsequent Euro Cup qualification! pretty tough draw you ended up with though. the upset to Dortmund maybe says otherwise though ;)

iacovone - jesus! looks like you're having a very good season.

c189685f71a1ccfce9a99810f1554081.png

Pretty random job offer. Had no intention of taking it but nice to see my reputation is at a point i'm being considered for international jobs.

a8d590a4a4c94a74efe18989719decbd.png

:thdn: :thdn:

33b3759d41bcf092becdd9e787e4e4ff.png

Bit of a mixed bag really. 3 wins including a smashing of Chamois Niortais and a heroic late comeback Jardin double over Lyon away. But then a lot of disappointing losses included a 4-0 against Nantes. It was nice to progress to the next round of the Coupe de la Ligue though.

Machico Season 9 - 2023-24 - March Update

ScreenShot2015-01-23at135844_zpsa616097d.png

We're still not as dominant on the road as I'd like, as shown by dropped points at Leiria, St Eulalia and Fatima, but wins at Braga B and Freamunde meant we kept up our pace at the summit. Figueira's last minute winner against Santa Clara was huge, while the 3-0 win over Chaves is a real marker and kept distance between us.

ScreenShot2015-01-23at135910_zpsd89ec172.png

This is it then. 15 games to go. We've led the league all season - can we get over the line? We've got game against Guimaraes, Porto B, Leixoes and Boavista to come and that'll probably decide our fate. CMON.

ScreenShot2015-01-24at194742_zpse4c3ae67.png

I'm practically heartbroken guys. After leading for so long, we've completely capitulated and lost our lead at the top. With three games to go, can we salvage the campaign?

We face Benfica B, Pinhalvonese (24th) and Leiria in our final games.

ScreenShot2015-01-24at194758_zps79483b5e.png

Mooping's Infesta 2015/16 End of Season Update

21abp55.png

I picked Infesta as I was looking for a challenge. The 500 seater stadium would ensure that finances would always be tight, and that certainly proved to be correct during our first season as we experienced monthly losses of around £12k. By the end of the season the board needed to take out a loan of around £120k in order to keep the club afloat. Fortunately the financial difficulties did not affect our performances on the pitch. We managed to win the First Phase Group B with a total of 39 points, which was the 3rd highest points tally. This allowed us to progress to the Promotion Stage. We raced out of the blocks in this promotion phase and topped our group (Group A) for a number of games before our form started to tail off. We were sitting in 3rd place, outside the possible promotion places entering the final game of this phase. We needed to get something out of our final game and have other results go our way in order to secure second place ahead of Tirsense and progress to the Promotion Playoff. Luckily, Tirsense's final game was against run away champions Tondela, and Tondela were able to do us a great favour and smash Tirsense 3-0. We ended up drawing 2-2 with Lus. Vildemoinhos which was enough to clinch second place in the group. In the promotion playoff we faced Vit. Guimaraes B, and in the first leg (at home) we were held to a frustrating and disappointing 0-0 draw (our first and only 0-0 game of the season, and only the third game in which we failed to score all year). Expecting further disappointment in the second leg, we actually controled the game from the start and ran out comfortable 2-0 winners, securing promotion to the Portuguese Second League!!!

Since then, the board have announced plans to expand the stadium to a more respectable 2500 seats, and there are also plans to turn professional at the end of July.

Key players:

Portuguese National Championship's top scorer Nélson Cunha

Our captain and the rock of our defense, in his final season before retirement, Fernando (he was also our joint 2nd highest scorer with and incredible 16 goals - including two hat-tricks!)

Right winger Bruninho

Loanee Alan Junior

League Table - First Phase

League Table - Promotion Stage

Competitions

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Career Overview

Season    League                            Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Portuguese National Championship  N/A         [b]Promoted via Promotion Playoff[/b]

So, I know it's been a good while since my last Portugaelte update. Long story short: I was out of town visiting my parents for the New Year. When I came back, there were some issues that made it so that I did not have internet again until tonight. I'm nearing the end of the season that I was very close to finishing before my corrupted save. I would have finished it sooner if I had internet, but I've been playing it slowly because I didn't want to finish a season without a way to create an update. Never fear! Expect an update from Portugalete within the next few days...and, if things continue as they have been, it could be quite epic!

iacovone - Good luck in those final three games, that table looks very tight.

Mooping - Welcome and good job getting promoted in the first season!

I said before the season that I just wanted us to not embarrass ourselves in Europe, but we did ever so slightly better than that:

aQDzYgQ.png

Qualified with a game in hand after a 0-1 win at Signal Iduna Park, thus doing the double over Dortmund. We're still unbeaten in the group, as we drew our other three games, so I'd say that our first European experience has already been a success, even though it hasn't ended yet. Meanwhile, we're currently also 4th in the league behind the Istanbul giants, although our league form has been slipping a little lately.

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Season 9 -- 2023-24 |

Segunda Liga

Table: 4th | Results | Results 2 | Results 3

Third season in the top flight and we started superbly, winning our first 9 games and laying down a marker on the division. From here we stayed on top of the pile up until about the 40th game of the season where disaster struck; that curse, that damn, damn curse.

No matter what I tried I couldn't get out of our slump. Our first-choice centre-back Pereira was out for 5 weeks and then Pedro Jesus was struck down with serious injury too. It left us scratching around for replacements and we lost our killer instinct. The draws with Leixoes and Guimaeres hurt us but the home defeat to Porto B really set us back and from there we couldn't recover.

Absolutely heartbreaking to fall away like this :(

High point: 3-0 home win over promotion-chasing Chaves

Low point: Collapse in form leading us to lose our grip on first place

Squad

Pedro Jesus was the main man all season until his achilles injury with about five games to go but still picked up 27 goals and 17 assists. That meant he collected the top goalscorer award, as well as fans' player of the year.

Antonio is our first-choice winger but two lengthy injuries hurt us. Hopefully he'll stay fit next year. In the middle, Vitor caused trouble when he first arrived but ended up playing with great consistency all year. Alongside him was creator Rafael Matos whose 12 assists were very welcome, while Ivo Correia captained us well all year from centre-back.

Up top Pedro Figueira had his moments of poor form but by and large delivered what was asked of him, returning 23 goals and 12 assists. Shoutout to goalkeeper Manuel Martins, who remains one of the best in the division. He did want to leave but I'm pleased to report that he's U-turned and will be staying at Machico.

Squad Stats

Admin

We were given £600k for finishing fourth and that covered the tax bill we faced on account of making a profit this season (entirely thanks to the loan). Our finances are in the black and I've got plenty of wage budget room to make moves in the summer.

New average attendance record (1,155 up from 838)

I won manager of the year

Best XI

All-time Best XI

Oh and if you're wondering about youth prospects, I've not had anyone about 1.5 stars come through in about 6 seasons! I'll update when(IF) that ever changes and improves.

Previous Seasons

Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 7 | Season 8

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

(Season 13) - 2027/2028

Spor Toto Super League

LEague%20Table.png

I just don't understand how I can finish 3rd the season before and then get destroyed the season after and get relegated. This has been the story of my time in the top division; survive relegation, do well, survive relegation, do well, relegation.

Transfers

Transfers_1.png

Transfers In - Only one superb transfer which was Franco Rodriguez, a 20 year old regular for Argentina U20s.

Transfers Out - Harun Golen was the only first team player to leave as he was unhappy with the lack of first team football, the others were youth players who couldn’t make the step up and youth players who were sent out on loan.

Squad

Squad_1.png

Team Report

Player of the Season – They were all useless.

Ziraat Turkish Cup

Fixtures

Turkish%20Cup.png

It was the only thing that went well, until the 4th round when I was expected to play two games in 24 hours, and as you can guess I was eliminated.

Europa League

Europa%20League.png

The team were not fit or match ready by the time we played these early games, my fault. However, I do believe if we were match fit we would have easily gone through to the next round.

Finances

Finances_1.png

It's just getting worse and worse, and is more obvious this season than before as I had no success.

Next Season

Most of the first XI wants to leave, so they will be allowed to leave as they are also costing me a lot in wages and the aim surely has to be getting promoted straight back next season.

I just can’t believe I got relegated after 5 seasons in the top flight, when you’d think I would’ve been an established team!

PaulHartman - So far so good, in a 4 way tie for first 11 games in.

Romanista - My scout says Gozlan is fairly inconsistent and doesn't feel comfortable in big matches, so definitely not a perfect prospect. Looking great in Europe btw. I'm betting your the first of the Turks to complete this.

IOA - Tough season there, especially after doing so well the previous year. Hopefully you can bounce right back.

Meanwhile over at Machico...

I promised the title this season after the summer acquisitions but we've not started brilliantly leading to a group of six players coming to see me, including the captain Antonio and Vitor, that troublesome so and so.

ScreenShot2015-01-25at182118_zpsa2e59991.png

ScreenShot2015-01-25at182134_zpsea068f91.png

ScreenShot2015-01-25at182144_zps82bcc590.png

So that answer was the honest truth, I'm working on a new style as last season's tactic has been found out. It appeased everyone except Vitor and Sarkic but I shrugged off the former's complaints as he always moans. Sarkic is a disappointment though, he's played over 100 games for the club and is in his fourth season, yet he came to me again and demanded first-team football. I can't give him that and chose to ignore his threats to cause disruption and will be shipping him out of the squad asap. No time for these prima donnas!

Mooping's Infesta 2016/17 End of Season Update

21abp55.png

I struggled mightily in the off-season to sign any players of the quality required to beak into my first team. The wage budget was only around £4k and I was starting to worry with only around half of a squad assembled. At this point I decided I had no choice but to bring in some loan signings. I don't usually like loans as I feel it is cheating a bit, but I felt it was necessary in this instance. By the end of the transfer window I was relatively pleased with my starting 11, and had set my sights on comfortably avoiding relegation. We came out of the gates firing and won each of our first 4 games. Then things got a little tougher as we failed to win any of the next 8 (6 losses, 2 draws). We recovered nicely from this blip and lost just once in the next 14 games (8 W, 5 D) placing us in 4th position. We held on to 4th spot for the rest of the season, and despite spluttering over the line with 2 losses and a draw in our final 3 games, we managed to pip Portimonense by virtual of a better head to head record (at least I presume that is the reason as we finished level on points with them and had a worse GD). SLB B and Sporting B finished 2nd and 3rd, meaning our rather modest tally of 77 points was enough to secure back-to-back promotions. I'm genuinely a little shocked my this success as I didn't think we had anywhere near enough talent in the squad to challenge for promotion. I guess the Portuguese lower leagues are just a lot weaker than I had anticipated.

Financially things were a little better this season as the typical monthly losses were only around £2k-£3k despite the additional loan repayments that we had this year of ~£16k per month.

The stadium is undergoing expansion again, with an additional 2,500 taking the capacity up to 5,000.

Key players:

Vinnie Audin - Our top scorer and an excellent freebie

Luis Machado - Left winger did the business when he was fit

Nuno Santos - Lightning fast right winger was a big hit on loan from Vit. Guimaraes

League Table

Competitions

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Aims for next season:

• Permanent signings. I don't want to be relying on loans again.

• Survival

Career Overview

Season    League                            Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Portuguese National Championship  N/A         [b]Promoted via Promotion Playoff[/b]
2016/17   Portuguese Second League          4th         [b]Promoted[/b]

Archived