FM15 'Big' Euro Challenge

PaulHartman71 - solid looking start to the season and the striker gamble has really paid off!

iacovone - decent season and yes you're not going backwards. the small player pool will hopefully improve and soon you'll be able to dream of potential promotion!

As for Siena, i have settled more into this save (thankfully). Nearing the end of pre-season so will do a little round-up. Squad quality is a bit patchy but i'm still trialling and scouting free transfers so hopefully a few more additions can be made.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't no if this is right place to ask but has anyone ever had a Lowland team make the relegation playoff in Scotland or is it only ever Highland league teams?

Sorry, missed this - but:

Aye, saw Gala Fairydean and Spartans come up ... in the demo.

Haven't tested in the final release.

I've kind of lost interest in my Batman save, partly due to my transfer dealings and squad building and partly because the league became pretty unbalanced: only one of six promoted teams joined our league, while all the relegated sides from a higher division came in (including Ganziantepspor, who start off in the SuperLeague). If you add to this that my squad might have become even weaker due to my insistence on a hugely restrictive wage policy (after missing out on most of my transfer targets I signed a lot of youngsters on free transfers who could go on to do great things, but the way I negotiated their contracts meant they all got clauses of £1k-£3k which would see them leave for peanuts at the slightest hint of interest from another club), the picture becomes pretty bleak. :/

I will give Batman another try soon with a slightly less restrictive wage policy and other lessons being learned. In the meantime good luck on your respective saves everyone. :thup:

dfs_wl_d_elversberg_sv.gif

Elverberg

Okay, so not quite Holland but it's only one country over so close enough right?

Anyways, here is my manager profile.

Elversberg is a club which as never had any success at all in its history but hopefully I can change that. Overview - General

The squad isn't that bad really, it's not good by any stretch of the imagination but not bad, it is still going to be a huge struggle staying up this first year however but i think with one or two new faces it will be more than possible.

A pretty fantastic run of games for us, only one loss to EFC Frejus which was really disappointing considering we were 2-0 up, but aside from that we've been doing well. Battered a couple of lower league sides in the French Cup, in one of those games Vincent Jardin bagged 4, and Bastien Bonnel stole Jardin's youngest club scorer record. We were drawn against Ligue 2 Tours FC in the 7th round and just didn't have enough for them and sadly went out 3-0. The 6-0 win the French Cup was also our record highest win. 4 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss in the league has, at least temporarily taken us to the holy grail of the top 3! Vincent Jardin is now the league's top scorer with 13 goals in 14 games.

96a18fdad25297b29dc93195face409c.png

32bef3e65e093894b59f4f2f685fef0c.png

30061959baf269e1efcf0a22888d2d12.png

59a1c10438394130ecbed01ce5b741fc.png

Right, I had a lot of free time today and decided to start my second attempt at making Batman the champions of Europe. I learned a lot in the last attempt, so I'm hoping that this time around will be more productive.

Media Prediction: 15th

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Finances: £77,737

Transfer Budget: £8,924

Wage Budget: £11,333

Wage Expenditure: £2,880 (Staff Wages: £1370 [includes staff signed by me])

We're playing in the Turkish 2. League Red Group this time, so all of the clubs I'm up against are unfamiliar to me. The league also seems slightly weaker than the White group, as the board is expecting me to avoid relegation and the media is predicting us to finish one place higher than last time.

For other initial information see post #318, because I'm using the same holidayed save (the one provided by LLR in the opening posts).

Batman PetrolSpor

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

First Transfer Window

Transfers

Lots of activity, including our first sale for monetary value. Also, I realized just now that I wasn't able to scout Azad Odabasi before I loaned him in (I thought the new player search was for players that scouts would be able to find themselves, so I didn't really check), so he has been sent home without playing a competitive game. I hope this is okay. All other players were trialed before joining.

Friendly Results

Friendlies

Solid performances from my Defensive/Structured 4-1-4-1 against local opponents, remains to be seen whether it will be as effective against stronger teams. Most noteworthy, however, is that Usta completed over 100 passes in several friendlies (his highest was 142 passes completed), while the other midfielders at times also had similarly high passing rates.

Current First Eleven

GK: Eray Birniçan - The new goalkeeper is the best player at the club and is rated as a decent player for the level above ours. His backup is also a good player for our division, so I feel like we're well stocked in this area.

RB: Furkan Özyurt - Rightback might well be our weakest position, but our rightbacks should be much less exposed than in the previous attempt.

CB: Civar Çetin - You'll notice that this guy is not actually a central defender. Unfortunately I missed out on my first choice (after agreeing a contract with him) when a much bigger team came in and offered him £775 pw. Hopefully his mostly solid centreback attributes will stand him in good stead.

CB: Zafer Cansız - I'm hoping he can be solid due to the amount of protection our centrebacks are offered, but he's certainly not the type of player you want passing it around at the back.

LB: Onur Kintaş - Hopefully the added emphasis on our fullbacks going forward with the new tactic will see him do better than last time round, where he lost his place for prolonged spells.

DM: Muhammed Türkmen - He is the man tasked with screening our centrebacks directly, in addition to making simple passes to our two central midfielders as our deepest playmaker.

RM: Hakan Ateş - Rated as a leading player for the division and rather hard working. Barring injuries he will be making the right midfield position his own.

CM: Sebahattin Usta - The best player by some margin in the last attempt and will be the creative fulcrum in this one. Performances in friendlies were promising, hopefully he takes that form into competitive games.

CM: Gökhan Karali - Last time I was playing him in a role that didn't really suit him and I think part of our struggling was down to this (I also mirrored our formation to fit him in as he is a left footer). I'm hoping he'll do better as a second deep playmaker in our midfield three.

LM: Caner Celep - I should really get a right-footed poacher type for this position, but I couldn't agree terms with any. Celep is not a bad player, and his backup is at a similar level, so they may rotate until I find a preferred option.

ST: Onur Berber - The striker in my tactic has the thankless task of chasing down opposition defenders while the rest of the team transitions to a defensive shape. I'm not expecting much from him or Mehmet Yılmaz, even though they're not bad players.

Romanista1994 - Good luck luck with this, I'll be keeping an eye as well as we're both in the same league and playing the same formation.

In regards to your previous post (which I never managed to reply to), one way I've managed to deal with the lack of decent players wanting to come to me...is to go to the top division and get a loan report from all of them, and there are some absolute gems from them that are happy to join your team, you may not have much success at first but as the seasons go on, the calibre of player that wants to join increases and the likelihood of him refusing to join you on loan decreases. Finally, the big teams do not want any wage contributions!

Win Win!

Romanista1994 - Good luck luck with this, I'll be keeping an eye as well as we're both in the same league and playing the same formation.

Thanks! I've been following your updates, and while the going has been tough for you so far I feel you may be about to climb up the league as you made a healthy profit in the last season and that should enable you to build a stronger squad. :thup:

regards to your previous post (which I never managed to reply to), one way I've managed to deal with the lack of decent players wanting to come to me...is to go to the top division and get a loan report from all of them, and there are some absolute gems from them that are happy to join your team, you may not have much success at first but as the seasons go on, the calibre of player that wants to join increases and the likelihood of him refusing to join you on loan decreases. Finally, the big teams do not want any wage contributions!

Win Win!

It wasn't so much about players not wanting to join, I was just driving them away with my insistence on an excessively restrictive wage structure (and in the first attempt I barely trialed players, so I had a much smaller pool of fully scouted players to choose from). This time around I've been slightly more accommodating and thus I didn't scare away all of the better players I managed to trial. However, the loan report tip seems like a great one, so I'll definitely be looking into that over the next transfer windows. For now, I've mainly been using trials, which also allow you to get a lot of accurate scouting information (and if you cancel the trial I've found that your scouts will even give you info about their consistency and big match adeptness!) very quickly.

It wasn't so much about players not wanting to join, I was just driving them away with my insistence on an excessively restrictive wage structure (and in the first attempt I barely trialed players, so I had a much smaller pool of fully scouted players to choose from). This time around I've been slightly more accommodating and thus I didn't scare away all of the better players I managed to trial. However, the loan report tip seems like a great one, so I'll definitely be looking into that over the next transfer windows. For now, I've mainly been using trials, which also allow you to get a lot of accurate scouting information (and if you cancel the trial I've found that your scouts will even give you info about their consistency and big match adeptness!) very quickly.

i've also been trialling more players for Siena as my scouts aren't the best at coming forward with information on a player. i tend to scout and then if someone seems half decent according to their minimal information i get them in on trial to have a proper look.

i've also been trialling more players for Siena as my scouts aren't the best at coming forward with information on a player. i tend to scout and then if someone seems half decent according to their minimal information i get them in on trial to have a proper look.

Yeah, at a lower level the scouts won't really get an accurate report unless you get them to track a player for multiple weeks. And that is time you don't have when you're building a squad, especially in the first season.

IOA, I can't find the loan report button?

d46a943dd4dedacf07694d5c5240ff5a.png

A a very good set of results in a pretty tough run has seen us win 3, draw 3 and lose 1. Whilst the loss to AC Arles Avignon was a disappointing one, we've beaten US Avranches who are top, and then avoided defeat against 2nd place FC Istres and US Dunkerque who at the time were below us in 4th. The board have done us a massive favour and donated almost half a million again to avoid us being completely ****ed financially. We're still 3rd by 2 points and with the harder games out of the way now we definitely have a very good chance of going up this season.

524e7b5d596bc2c708b0ffd75b1cd02c.png

4faae535eb1960c25a5afd86d853e3a5.png

GOPGSK.jpg

Gaziosmanpaşaspor

(Season 3) - 2017/2018

Transfers

transfers-1.png

Transfers In - Like every year I only start looking for new transfers on 01/07/20** when all the players are actually released from my club and other clubs, so I can start looking to snap up some bargains. However, for some reason there were no players and/or no one wanted to join me, I decided to check the transfer list and the loan list and again, there was still no one decent worth signing. Therefore, I tried a new tactic and sent my scouts to around 10 clubs in the top division to get a loan report back from them, and they did not disappoint! I managed to sign 6 like this and 1 from my senior affiliate, of the 7 loan players I signed, 4 managed to be in my first XI and the other two were subs and I sent one back as he was a backup player, oh and I don't think I paid a penny towards their wages! In addition to that, I had to sign a poor LB as I couldn’t find anyone else, in the end he didn’t do too badly.

Transfers Out - I managed to get rid of some more dead wood and useless youth players.

Squad

squad-1.png

GK - Not their best season but did well enough.

DEF - Superb performance from my main CB CETIN, however, no consistency in the other positions.

MID - Great performance from the central players, which meant I had to sub two of my best midfielders from the season before. Despite that, I still need a better left sided Winger.

ST - Much better season from both of them, although my main striker ERDOL isn’t getting any younger at 31.

Player of the Season - Captain magnifico! He takes the free kicks, penalty's, corner kicks and he has the most assists and is second top goalscorer.

Team Report - We're a fast young team who cannot head the ball and who score and concede in the last 15 minutes mostly.

League Table

leaguetable-1.png

Fantastic season! Despite being predicted to be relegated (as always) we finished a respectable 9th position, scoring a decent amount of goals but still conceding far too many which meant we ended the season on minus goal difference.

Turkish Cup

turkishcup.png

Similar to last season, lost to a non-league team!

Finances

finances-1.png

Huge turnaround compared to last season, we've actually finished the season with £500,000 in the bank although we have a small loan of £25.5K. Our income was aided by the fact that we earned around £400k for our league position and only paid a bonus of about £15k, in addition to that, sponsorship has also increased which has aided with the balance. In regards to expenditure, wages were really low this season due to getting rid of quite a few earners and being a bit more careful in regards to contract renewals, however, without a doubt our biggest saving grace was the signing of 7 players on loans and not paying any wages.

Future

Continue our success from this season and hope that some decent free transfers want to join us and/or players of a higher calibre continue to want to join our club on loan.

IOA, I can't find the loan report button?

Choose a team

Click on TEAM REPORTS

Click on GET TEAM REPORT

Choose your scout and wait!

Good luck with it mate, let me know how it goes!

Paul - That is quality mate, if you turn a few more draws into wins you'll definetly be going up! KUTGW!

Paul manager of Pau - Good to see you so high up in the table, keep it up!

IOA - Ok, thanks a lot for the help. I'm trying it out now. Very nice improvement in the league, btw. :thup: Also, it's great to hear that it's possible to make an even bigger profit than I have been making so far, as that could really allow a club to grow.

However, the league table you posted shows is from the previous season I think?

Done, thank you!

No worries. Btw, the loan report tip has already proved really useful. I've been able to get in two loanees on £0 wages, one of whom instantly became my starting centreback while the other provides good cover in for my midfielders (much needed since my young cover midfielder broke his foot and is out until the end of the season). So yeah, many thanks for that. :thup:

No worries. Btw, the loan report tip has already proved really useful. I've been able to get in two loanees on £0 wages, one of whom instantly became my starting centreback while the other provides good cover in for my midfielders (much needed since my young cover midfielder broke his foot and is out until the end of the season). So yeah, many thanks for that. :thup:

I've kinda jinxed myself :( but glad its helping you :)

Club_Portugalete_zps1d3be91a.png

Just a quick update to show how things are going for me early on in season 2 with Portu.

We weren't overly active in the transfer window, as we have a solid core team, but there are some important developments here. First off, my favorite newgen, Francisco Borja, has parted ways with the club. Tenerife came in and matched his minimum release fee ($105k)- he was coming along nicely and I am sad to see him go, but I suppose we did need the money. Also going away was my top central defender, Jeffrey. VVV Venlo came in with a structured offer of $25k so I let him go. I figured that, while he was great for our level, I might as well get a bit of cash while I can. We also already had some fairly good center backs already, and I brought in two promising central defenders to add to my defense: Jose Carrillo and Alex Santelices.

I brought in a few promising newgens as well. Zonzamas Garijo is a young AMC/MC I poached from an amateur club last season, and he joined us when the transfer window opened- didn't expect to play him much this early but right now my midfield is being hit by injuries so it looks like he'll nab some games.

I also poached a striker, Inaki Altamira, from Sestao. It cost me $54k in compensation fees, but with five goals to his name already (including two on his debut) he could prove to be well worth it.

In other news, the club got taken over by a supporters' trust who immediately took out a loan of $850k. Not quite sure how I feel about that...

It's October 30 and we're sitting in 10th. We were in the top spots, but in our last five matches we have gone 1-3-1 (including three straight draws before a loss in our last match). I'm also quite nervous because today's match is against Real Union with Atletico "B" after them- those teams are in the table at 9th and 11th, respectively. I'm getting the feeling that these next two matches could say a lot about where we'll end up in the table at the end of this season...

Elverberg

Season 2015/16

Transfers

Transfer History

After looking at my squad I was hopeful for the season because it was actually surprisingly strong for a 'new' team but I managed to bring in a few players that could walk into the first XI and improve it. The pick of these was initially Steffen Wohlfarth and I thought I was onto a real winner with him when he scored 7 goals in his first two games in the league, including 4 on his debut!! His goal scoring did slow considerably after that as he managed another 10 in his next 23 games (still not bad). Despite Wohlfarth's exploits in-front of goal he is not the player that I think had the biggest impact on the season, that man is Benedikt Fernandez. I didn't Truly notice his impact on the teams performances until I looked back over the results and noticed that all the games we lost came in periods that he was unable to play because of injury, our back-up keeper kept just one clean sheet in his twelve games whereas Fernandez kept clean sheets in just under 50% of the games he played.

The League

Fixtures I - Fixtures II - League Table

I was hopeful of a Mid-Table finish and maybe given some luck a push for maybe the promotion places as I had faith in the team I had managed to assemble. The first two games filled me full of confidence, 5 convincing defeats in the next 5 games soon got rid of any of that optimism I had and I completely re-modeled my tactics and tried to make my team much more solid at the back and hit on the break. This paid off as we went unbeaten for the next 14 games, winning 9 and drawing 4, until run away league winners Dresden beat me 1-0, we had a little wobble losing 2 of the following 3 fixtures. I made a few little changes to stop the rot and then we went on to win 11 of the last 13 games of the season leading us to a 2nd place finish and automatic promotion to 2.Bundesliga

Finances

Summary - Initial Budgets

There's not much to say really, we are £3.2m down in mid May so more likely to be at least £5m come the start of the new season. The silver lining is perhaps that even if we finish next season without a single point and by some miracle I haven't lost my job we will be given a little over £4 in prize money which will go a long way. I'm of the opinion that it is more important early on to climb to the top division as fast as possible and the finances will sort themselves out when I start to bring though players rather than having the 1 or 2 season buys I am using at the moment.

The initial budgets for next year look promising, it will give us a little more money to play with for wages but I will still have to bring in the right players and get abit of luck to survive next year because the wage budget is rather small in comparison to most in the 2.Budesliga.

The Squad

Okay, so this is where I hit a rather large problem. All but 4 of my first team players have contracts that run out in July of this season and either I'm not interested in retaining their services, which is fine but most alarmingly those who I want to keep have no interest in signing a new deal because of the limited resources of the club so it looks like I will have almost a completely new team for the coming season which is less than ideal. However, this does excite me a little because it does mean that I can build a team that is mine and will play how I want them too and I can have a proper wage structure from the second season which is much sooner than I was expecting to turn Elversberg from a German Team with a funny name to 'My club'. So, we'll see what happens with this.

I will more than likely do another update before the new season introducing some of my new players rather than doing the whole season and going through 20+ new first team players :)

The important question, though: any exciting newgens????

From my youth intake I only offered three players contracts, mainly so I would have some club trained players in a few years, and they are just awful :(.

On the up side I now get to spend a few hours playing with different filters to try to find a few new players so if I find anything worthwhile I will mention them.

Go on Paul! Great run of results!

Over in Portugal (thanks for the comments on our signings) I made a trio of deadline day signings, including spending money on a player for the first time!

Carlinhos (MC) - £10.25k

Eduardo Marao (DM/MC) - free

Claudio Martins (DC) - loan

Marao is a back-up but Martins comes in as a first-choice centre-back and Carlinhos is rotated in the midfield. It's led to an excellent start to the season and a record of W6-D1-L1. With ten games to go we're leading our first phase group :)

PaulHartman71 - another good run of results – fingers crossed you can hang on in there and finally gain promotion.

IOA - much better showing this time – congratulations! Interesting strategy re loan players. I might have to have a look at that come January. Great that you’re not losing money hand over fist too.

Chris11223 - well done on 1st season promotion! Good luck in the new season. I always remember germany fondly for their generous reward money.

Iacovone – great start, keep it up!

Batmanpetrolsporlogo.png

Batman PetrolSpor 2015/16 Update

The Club

Manager Profile | Staff | Information | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

Improved the junior coaching from 'minimal' to 'basic'. Made a £138,808 profit at the time of screenshotting, this should increase once the league position money comes in.

Turkish 2. League Red Group

Predicted finish: 15th

Actual Finish: 7th

League Table | Graph | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

We did very well throughout for a newly-promoted team. We were never in with a chance of promotion, but most importantly we never ran the risk of even dropping into the relegation spots. Towards the end of the season it looked like we would finish 9th, but we clawed our way back up to 7th with two wins in the last two games. The last game against Pazarspor was extremely pleasing, and I would go as far as saying that this was the best game we played the whole season. Looking at the stats, you notice that we had a lot more possession (which was a theme throughout the season as we topped the possession statistics for the league), but most importantly we denied them from having any shots whatsoever. The style of play I've been looking to implement was executed to perfection in this match.

Cup

2nd Round

IOA's team beat us in the cup. :mad: However, they did get relegated, so we get the last laugh.

Squad

Squad Screen

Most Appearances: Onur Kintaş and Hakan Ateş (34 starts, 1 sub)

Top Goalscorer: Emin Yalın (11)

Most Assists: Hakan Ateş (8)

Highest Average Rating: Sebahattin Usta (7.41)

Sebahattin Usta is a god. He just dominates games at this level, which gets him his brilliant average rating. Additionally, he is one of the candidates for league player of the year, so I'm hoping he wins that accolade.

However, I'm also very pleased with the performances of the rest of the squad. The players you see in the squad screenshot formed the core squad, with a couple of others joining us and leaving when they became unhappy.

Career

| Season  |   League    |  Position  |      Cup      |   Avg. Att.   | Season Tickets (Change) |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 15/16   |   2L Red    |     7th    |    2nd Rnd    |      959      |        623 (+90)        |

Next Season:

-Build a squad capable of challenging for the playoffs - I think that with some strengthening we can improve our league finish, hopefully enough to challenge for the playoffs.

-Continue making a profit - While I'll be looking to improve the squad, this should not come at the expense of our current profitability. I want to build the club up for the long-term, and a solid financial base is vital to achieve that.

-Improve the club infrastructure - We are making a healthy profit at the moment, so I hope to see the board be ambitious enough to improve at least our training facilities in the next season.

logo.jpg

AD Machico | Season 2017-18 |

Campeonato Nacional: 3a Divisao - First Phase

ScreenShot2014-12-04at145757_zps83d03587.png

ScreenShot2014-12-04at145715_zps9db4b100.png

This is more like it! After two fourth-place finishes, we've gone a step further and qualified for the promotion stage! Even a late wobble couldn't stop us qualifying and in the end our superior goal difference made sure we held onto a top two position.

You'll see from the goalscorers that by and large it's a familiar tale. I play three up front now and all of them score and assist. They're deadly. Paulinho plays as the left of the three in a deep-lying forward role, Kevin da Silva is our poacher through the middle and Kevyn is the advanced forward on the right. All in all they're destroying the majority of our rivals.

Our draw for the promotion stage has been kind in one regard: We avoided Guimaraes B, who romped to their first phase title without losing a game.

Realistically I don't think we'll have enough to finish in the top two, unless we keep everyone fit and have the rub of the green in the big games but I'm keen to see where we're at now.

674c5b645a9cf728ad510bff7ed86866.png

4 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss made for a pretty good run of games. I was disappointed by the 2-0 loss to SO Romorantin especially as we were at home, but you can't win them all I guess and it was very easy to bounce back from it with a win considering our next game was against UJA Maccabi Paris who have been absolutely woeful with 3 points from 28 games :D We then drew 2 in a row against FC Mulhouse and Calais RUFC which was a bit worrying and we did actually momentarily drop to 4th, but a 4-2 win over EFC Frejus has put us back into 3rd place with 6 games remaining.

5d79de6d9813443621c296f619b69c93.png

A pretty good Youth intake sees us finally get through a natural MC who has good potential, as well as a good looking DC which we're not particularly over-stocked in. It wouldn't be a youth intake without us getting another promising looking DM, with the amount of DM talent we have at our disposal it is highly unlikely that the DM will have any future at the club.

706b0de1a8da707c1bdaf40541eb185c.png

Just had our youth intake and Joao Aveiro is touted as the best of his generation, which I somehow doubt. Still, he's athletic and mentally strong and has a resolute personality which is ideal for development. I'll be keeping a close eye on him but need to work out where his best position is given I don't play wingers at the moment...

The intake:

ScreenShot2014-12-04at204952_zps54100c9e.png

Can't see many if any of them making it to first-team level but may sign up the model pro just because!

romanista - good first season! hopefully you can challenge for the playoffs next season :thup:

Thanks! I'm quite excited for next season with some of the signings I've made.

iacovone - Insane to get a youngster rated 'best of his generation' so early on!

In Batman news we've brought in a lot of very good players, as well as some youngsters that I'm looking to develop. Here's a couple of those youngsters as a teaser before my preseason report. Kuray Arıkan is one of our own, as I snapped him up after he was released by Adanaspor, while Fırat Akkaya is on loan from Rizespor and is easily one of the best Turkish strikers in his age group. My face went :O when I saw his attributes after he joined. His contract is expiring this season, so if they don't renew it and he shows willingness to join I might just have to make a cheeky bid. There's also young striker Yiğit Konuk (whose profile I can't screenshot directly because of a symbol in his name), who was plying his trade for an amateur club and was recommended by a new scout upon arrival (he is only rated 4 stars potential because my assistant has very low attributes for assessing players).

However, these aren't even the best players to join the club in terms of ability, but more about that in the preseason update (which should be done at some point tomorrow or in the weekend). ;)

Wow a few really good looking youth intakes there PaulHartman71 and iacovone, hopefully one or two of those lads can turn into an important player for you both.

You look to have got some really good guying in too Romanista1994, can't wait to see the other lads you've got and if they are, as you say, better than the ones shown i'm sure you're in for a good season.

As for LLR hopefully you can keep your form and get to the promotion stage :)

Like I said in my end of season update there has been alot of change at Elversberg, at the end of the transfer window I'll make a short post to introduce a few new faces. ArranoBeltza there is one guy that I have a feeling you will take an interest in! :)

logo.png

Pau FC - Season 5: 2019/20 French National

58d160d7c5694933b8158d945d2e155f.png

A disappointing away loss to Rodez derailed our promotion campaign a little bit, but 3 straight wins against SO Chatellerault, SR Colmar and GFC Ajaccio put us in a very good position going into our last 2 games. We didn't manage to win against GF38 or RC Strasbourg, but did get two draws courtesy of Alexandre N'Gadi goals that ultimately left us level on points with US Dunkerque. Despite having a better goal difference it was our better head to head record against Dunkerque that was why we went up at their expense.

2ed113f242fdb63e16c7f5c2e5e67edb.png

A fantastic season really, I thought we could put up a good challenge for promotion as there wasn't really any massive dominant clubs in the division like last season where we had CS Sedan Ardennes and Stade Lavallois who were both a class above the rest of the league. I was massively humbled to win Manager of the Year as from what i've seen so far that has always gone to the league winner. Personally think the UJA Maccabi Paris guy should have won it, somehow managed 2 wins near the end of the season after 3 draws the whole time.

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=15"]Transfers

Again, had no transfer/wage budget free so nothing to see here barring a couple of releases.

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=12"]Squad pt 1, =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=13"]Squad pt 2=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=3"]

A good core of experienced players that have stayed with us for the last few seasons combined with academy graduates has lead to us having a relatively decent squad, in terms of depth, especially up-front and in defence we are lacking, but the quality players we do have were enough to get us the promotion. It would feel weird putting a "finally" to describe going up, as despite it being 5 seasons into the save, apart from having an outside chance last season, we've never really looked like or had the quality to go up anyway really.

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=16"]Floreal Nivert was again a rock as our first choice CB, pretty sure he played every minute of our entire campaign this season which is a credit to him really. =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=17"]Alexandre N'Gadi had a pretty good season at CAM, 14 assists and 10 goals in 35 games, with 5 man of the match awards showing how a lot of the time his assists and goals were very important ones - N'Gadi made it into the French National Team of the Season. =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=18"]Minka Camara was an important figure at CM and supporting striker =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=19"]Anthony Gaillard again had a good season, 14 goals and 12 assists from 36 games is pretty good for a supporting striker. =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=21"]Ahcene Ziane at LB and =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=20"]Abderrahmane Aichour at CM, two youth graduates who as of this season are both capped at U20 level for Algeria, both also had key roles to play this season. There's no real doubt over who was our star of the season though, 16 year old =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=14"]Vincent Jardin had an unbelievable season, scoring 31 goals and getting 7 assists from his 37 games, including 7 man of the match awards - it was a great season individually for Jardin as he was not only =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4"]Top Goalscorer, =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=5"]French National Player of the Season, =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=6"]French National Star of the Season but also joined N'Gadi in the =61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=8"]French National Team of the Season.

=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=11"]Finances=61590018&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=16"]

Finances at a glance still look terrible, but I have just been given a transfer budget of just over £1M for next season, which i'm assuming is a sign of the TV/competition money to come next season. I don't want to spend any of that just yet as our balance still makes for very grim reading.

One positive i've noticed about Ligue 2 is that their rules state the minimum stadium capacity be 10,000 and the minimum seating capacity be 6,350. I was quite worried our stadium wouldn't be up to scratch and we'd have to upgrade it, making us even more broke in the process. Luckily our stadium capacity is 13,966 and our seating capacity is 7,166 so we just about are up to scratch.

Career Overview

Season     League     Position   French Cup   Coupe de la Ligue   Europe    Other
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    National   14th       8th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2016/17    National   14th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2017/18    National    9th      10th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2018/19    National    6th       9th Round     N/A                 N/A       N/A
2019/20    National    3rd       7th Round     N/A                 N/A       Promoted to Ligue 2! 

Youth update to come, another decent one and you can finally get that screenshot of Noe Roche iacovone ;)

chris - Hope so, I'm having some trouble finding good centrebacks (I only have two in total, one of whom just injured himself and is out for 4-5 weeks), but the rest of the team is pretty strong.

LLR - Seems like you're having an awesome season yourself as well, that is some run of form!

Paul - Congrats on the promotion! It's very nice to see You doing it with such a large contingent of players brought up through the youth set-up. Vincent Jardin is amazing already, and since he's only sixteen he should still have a lot of development left to do. What are your youth recruitment ans junior coaching like, because your academy seems to be churning out good players every year?

Elversberg

Pre-Seaon

So our pre-season saw 12 new players come in on a free as well as 3 or 4 promoted from lower levels within the club to help build a decent squad for the season. A few of the better players to come in are Andreas Geipl who is now the best center mid at the club and didn't introduce himself in a bad way with a 35 yard screamer on his debut.

The other player who I have high hopes for is Marius Wolf, the main thing that drew me to this guy over some other options that were better developed is his really high determination and driven personality which will hopefully help him come on massively over the course of the season as long as he is given games.

And finally the one you have been waiting for ArranoBeltza, a 16 year old Chilean who came out of nowhere being offered to me by his agent before he came in on a trail, Marco Pardo. Because he is south american (or maybe a league rule) he can't actually come to the club until he is 18 so I've got 2 years to wait for him and although he won't be playing football for this time I don't expect to see him move backwards as he has very high determination and a model professional personality so there could even be an improvement. He has the potential to be a good Bundesliga center mid so we'll see where the club is when he gets here and start to bed him into the squad then and hopefully he can become a big part of the clubs future.

Archived